[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is ice hockey relevant where you live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16
File: ice hockey player.jpg (36 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
ice hockey player.jpg
36 KB, 580x386
is ice hockey relevant where you live?
>>
More relevant than apehoop
>>
most relevant team in the city which is embarrassing
>>
Not anymore
>>
>>67215124
maybe if your team wins the draft they will be
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 415x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 415x517
it is now
>>
I wish but no. There's lot's of amateur enthusiasm but not much more.

Unless Nathan Walker makes the caps roster and we all go full retard like we did with Hayne.
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
>>67214442
The local minor league team averages 5k people per night.

0 fucking bars show NHL playoffs though
>>
File: bp8_weiteres_eisbaeren-633x422.jpg (43 KB, 633x422) Image search: [Google]
bp8_weiteres_eisbaeren-633x422.jpg
43 KB, 633x422
kinda (at least in the eastern part of the city)
>>
No.
>>
>>67214442
>iowa
No, except for the guys that rooted for the North Stars back in the day and the nigs that come from Chicago wearing bulls and blackhawks gear to be cool and trendy when the teams perform well

>Bruins and Blackhawks fan myself
>>
>Philadelphia

Yes. The Flyers are always a thing here and all white boys play street hockey. In fact I was shocked to discover that the majority of the USA hates hockey.
>>
>>67215439
>majority of the USA hates hockey

hates? no. the majority of america is completely indifferent to the sport
>>
Yes

In fact it's even call "The State of Hockey"
>>
Absolutely not
>>
>>67215533
Ello neighbor
>>67215302
>>
>>67215580

Hullo
>>
used to be, then the islanders moved to brooklyn and now no one cares about it anymore. it makes it even worse that they're now having their most successful playoff run in decades.
>>
>>67214467
obsessed
>>
dc will get behind any winning team

it'll always be a football city though
>>
>>67215302
you have the minnesoda wilds farm team though
>>
>>67215745
We also have shitty USHL teams, one in the town I live in even. It just doesn't strike as much interest as say baseball or football. Hell even more people are watching apehoop right now over hockey.
>>
>>67214442
yes
>>
Yes. So relevant that we just refer to it as "hockey".
>>
File: oc.png (208 KB, 774x658) Image search: [Google]
oc.png
208 KB, 774x658
Yeah were #1 for producing talent.
>>
No

I love the game though, wish it was relevant so I could've played it when I was younger. Oh well.
>>
Anaheim here. Nope.
>>
I live in Michigan and it's very relevant here.
>>
No.

There's an irrelevant pro league though, and the cities with pro teams care a bit, as long as there's no other local sport.

That's enough to make France a bottom-tier 1st division team.
>>
>>67214442
Regionally, yes. Nationally, no.
It's on the same level as volleyball and basketball.
>>
>>67215275
>sweeping Wolfsburg

I don't even care that they're the RB Leipzig of ice hockey
>>
File: hockey world cup.jpg (51 KB, 655x245) Image search: [Google]
hockey world cup.jpg
51 KB, 655x245
It's too hot here for ice so we just dominate the other hockey instead
>>
File: 1452594037033.png (504 KB, 1552x650) Image search: [Google]
1452594037033.png
504 KB, 1552x650
PIRATES PIRATES PIRATES

Elite League teams might get a few wins against non-Scandi teams on the continent, but rarely make it into the later stages of European tournaments.

But no, it's not really relevant, it might get the odd live Cup final on BBC Radio Sheffield or Nottingham, as they're the two teams in the Elite League with large support, but other than that not really, a couple of column inches in the local paper.
>>
Lately football has taken over here because the local football team just got promoted to the top flight while the local hockey team plays in the 3rd (I think) division.
Nationally though of course.
>>
>Oregon
No.
>>
Nah here in Finland Ice hockey is a hobby for a uneducated simple individuals. If you play ice hockey you're automatically lower class citizen and probably end up in to some shitty low wage job.
>>
Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
File: New_GB_Shirt_Shopt.jpg (285 KB, 954x350) Image search: [Google]
New_GB_Shirt_Shopt.jpg
285 KB, 954x350
>>67218935

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/36121046

We were unlucky last week internationally too. 24th in the world isn't bad for our natives, especially considering the Elite League allows teams 10 international import players.
>>
>>67218993
Can confirm this. Ice fight has become more and more irrelevant in our country. Our government has taken drastic actions to make Finland the best football nation in Europe before 2040.

Finnish proverb: kendo vittun suomesta
quite hard to translate but it means something like: Ice fight in finished
>>
>>67216906
Fellow Saskie here, its a combination of superior genetics and wheat protean.
>>
File: GDSFDSFSD.png (200 KB, 481x231) Image search: [Google]
GDSFDSFSD.png
200 KB, 481x231
Surprisingly, yes.... I live in one of the three Regions who Hockey is the Nummber One.
Even Hometownteam playing now only 3rd league 3k People visiting Playoffs.... 30 Miles away the playing in a 40k Town DEL...
And the best, Hometown producing 2 of 8 german guys who playing now NHL.
>>
>>67218784
also, sometimes some players make it to the NHL, like Bellemare, Roussel or Da Costa. Most famous one was Huet.

The top teams in the league can manage to get fluke wins against mid/bottom KHL teams, but that's about it.

Most teams have 8 to 10 foreign players, most of them being rejects from Québec and Czech, plus some Slovenian, Slovak, Estonian, Finn guys here and there.
>>
File: furpuck.png (51 KB, 1155x557) Image search: [Google]
furpuck.png
51 KB, 1155x557
>>67214442

No, but we do have a national team.
>>
In Los Angeles, our team has recently had great success with championships, but hockey is not part of the prevailing culture here.
>>
>>67215170
Good thing the Mavs dropped out
>>
Not for long

;_;
>>
>>67218935
Tripfagging..
>>
The Ice Stadium is always packed full whenever there's a match on so I presume people give a fuck about it
>>
No.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (219 KB, 1720x730) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
219 KB, 1720x730
No.
>>
>>67224620
Nottscrew
>>
Super relevant, going to the bar to watch Edmonton win again and then to commit Sepuku because of it.
>>
>>67214442
>furpuck
>>
>Chicago
No
Just give it a couple years and literally no one will care once again
>>
Yes.

Bruins at their peak are more popular than the Celtics at their peak, but both are generally about equal otherwise.

Feels good that all four teams are relevant to the fans.
>>
>>67227863
Are the red Sox or patriots more popular?
>>
File: T O.jpg (18 KB, 236x349) Image search: [Google]
T O.jpg
18 KB, 236x349
>>67227768

Nice false flag, faggot
>>
>>67227907
Tough to say overall. I'd have to guess for people over in general 30 it's the Sox. For people under 30 in general it's the Patriots, both because they're constantly good while the Sox have been up and down, and because football is king in general now. I've met some kids obsessed with baseball around here though, and I grew up with parents that focused on hockey and football over baseball and basketball, so my experience is a bit skewed.

I'd say currently its 1 Pats 2 Sox POWAH GAP 3 Bruins 4 Celtics with the Celtics and Bruins swapping based on who is still playing or enjoyable to watch.

If the Sox can be competitive all year they might challenge the Patriots since there are a lot of people still obsessed with them even when they're shit, but those two are definitely on a tier above hockey and basketball, the Sox really can't lose their spot to the Bruins or Celtics.
>>
No. I don't know anybody who could name even a single player, except for that Zucca guy who apparently plays in the NHL.
>>
File: dif hockey et.jpg (255 KB, 1185x783) Image search: [Google]
dif hockey et.jpg
255 KB, 1185x783
Kind of. It used to be the biggest sport in Stockholm during the 90s, but of the 3 big clubs one has completely disappeared, and one is usually playing in the lower divisions.
>>
>>67228139
>one of the best players in the NHL and you dont even know his name
embarrassing tbqfwyn
>>
>>67228263

I literally said his name in the post, and why would it be embarrassing, nobody gives a shit about it.
>>
>>67228263
>rags
>>
>>67228139
Disgusting eat a dig Norway. Zuc should be a natural treasure
>>
>>67228837

>irrelevant sport
>natural treasure
>>
>>67228139
FIRE METER BERGSENG!!
FIRE METER BERGSENG!!
FIRE METER BERGSENG!!
FIRE METER BERGSENG!!
>>
>Alaska
It's really all we got
>>
>>67227768
I wish you were right, but I don't think so since I always see kids playing it out in the suburbs. The bandwagon is here to stay
>>
>>67215188
Poor Hayne. All that hype and he barely played. If he had been with anyone other than the 2015 49ers he might have done okay. Probably won't get played much this year either.
>>
>>67214442
>Colorado
yeah it is, especially College hockey where we have two of the better universities in recent history.

NHL has support but has lost a lot of it to the Broncos because obviously the Broncos are much better than the Avalanche and people want to watch WINNING.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Yep
>Cam Janssen
>>
Outside of the canes (which are a joke) not really
>>
File: IAwLF3K.png (480 KB, 397x527) Image search: [Google]
IAwLF3K.png
480 KB, 397x527
>>67239242
Charolette Checker games sound cozy and cheap
>>
>>67240581
If I didn't live on the other side of the state I'd go more often
>>
>>67215188
>Unless Nathan Walker makes the caps roster and we all go full retard like we did with Hayne.
If it didn't happen with Australian baseball players it wouldn't happen with that guy
>>
YEA ONLY BECUASEW OF CROSBU
>>
>>67243015
Cole harbour bro? U must be retarded because it has always been the most popular sport in that area
>>
>>67243066
I LIKE FORGS
>>
>>67214442
ice hockey nope
>>
File: dallas.jpg (85 KB, 700x543) Image search: [Google]
dallas.jpg
85 KB, 700x543
Yes. It's pretty popular here for a warm weather city.
>>
>>67216906
state of hockey dosent look too bad in that.
>>
The area around Oslo has a long tradition of hockey culture. The rest of the country are pussies who prefer soccer
>>
No. LA thinks it's a hockey town but it's not. Everyone started jumping on the kings wagon when they won their first cup.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.