[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this fraud become the most highly sought after manager
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 590x350
How did this fraud become the most highly sought after manager in the world?
>>
>>67199550
Like most Spaniards, he's really good at lying
>>
>>67199550

By winning stuff, I guess.
>>
right place, right time
>>
>>67199611
this
>>
don't see how he is a fraud.
>>
why do people expect bayern to make the final every single year? 3 semi finals in a row is pretty good.
>>
by having Messi score 72 goals
>>
>>67199682
Probably because they made the finals in 2010/2012/2013 and won the treble in the year just before he took over while under Pep they've been getting cucked by Spanish teams year after year at the same stage.
>>
>>67200051
this semi-final is pretty fucking far from over tbqh
>>
>>67199550
2 CLs in 3 years
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-01-22-42-17.png (237 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-01-22-42-17.png
237 KB, 720x1280
Spare me your contrarian hipster pseudo knowledge, perma virgins
>>
was given a squad with some pretty decent players
>>
>>67200241
okay Pep, keep telling yourself that when some literally who manager outsmarts you again and Messi isn't there to help you
>>
>>67200276
t. 0 titles as a footballing nation
>tf
>never lands
>tsuuuuuuuu
>>
>>67200051
>Atletico wins 1-0 at home playing anti-football
>The semi is over

Wat ? Bayern will go 85% possession at home and most probably score at least one or two goals.
I doubt Chokemann and >Torres will be able to score in Munich

>In b4 "b-but Saul will score again"
>>
Bayern just aren't as good as people think. 2013 was their peak, based on a perfect squad that was driven by the loser triple of 2012.
>>
File: 1396059321897.jpg (18 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1396059321897.jpg
18 KB, 264x240
>>67200320
>I can't criticize the most overrated manager in history because my country's national team are chokers

okay kid

take good care of your Pep poster, maybe one day he will manage an MLS club and you'll meet him

It would definitely be his coaching level

t. not the City mong
>>
>>67199550
>Flag
>Topic
>>
>>67200241
It's just annoying that he is thought of as a word class manager when the only trophies he wins Bayern are pretty much freebies since they buy all of their competition
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 620x388
>>67200362

>doubting the Catalan Killer

Pep is doomed without Messi, Iniesta, and Busquets
>>
>>67200362
I don't remember the last time Atletico lost for more than one goal without scoring at least one.
>>
>>67200464
They won 2 Bundesliga titles in 5 years before he got there.

The only Bayern coaches who won more than 3 Bundesliga titles are Hitzfeld and Lattek
>>
>>67200531

Also can't imagine Bayern bunkering with that meme backline.
>>
>>67200362
hopefully not
I believe in el niño
>>
>>67199550

he had good contacts
>>
>>67200573
They don't know any of that, like I said they're contrarian retards. I'm waiting for the inevitable myth about that treble winning side playing "the best attacking footy they've ever seen"
>>
>>67199682

well bayern does destroy their league competition every year to stay on top so you would expect them to be good enough to win it all
>>
>>67199550
Mou is the biggest fraud, don't acutally think he is regarded that highly, only on /sp/
>>
>>67200678
I'd like to see poop winning the treble with Porto and Inter.
>>
>>67200241
>won the CL whilst not managing possibly the best team ever assembled
Mourinho - check (twice)
Pep - 404
>>
Messi
>>
>>67200573
Their competition nowadays is much weaker and getting shittier every season
>>
>>67200720
Are you implying that Inter side wasn't money club fc?
Do you retards watch this shit at all?
>>
Having one of the bet midfield trios ever
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
and Messi as a creative forward that is always good for a goal helps.

When Barca dominated every competition their matches where boring to watch beside the 2-4 shining messi messi messi moments.
They dominate but it was just 5000 short lateral passes and triangle passing for ages without creating a chance or even getting close to the box, heck if Barca scored from more than 1m before the goal line pep was almost on his way to the ref to ask him to annulate the goal.
That worked until everyone in europe knew how to counter the one tactic poop played and he retired.

Bayern plays the same autism football, same one and only one tactic against every opponent, there's no adjusting or anything. 100% the same barca tikitaka shit over and over again and guess what the Bundesliga adjusted and even darmstad was able to shut Bayern down for 80mins without problems.

The exception this season where the matches where Robben was actually fit as he doesn't give a fuck about meme passing and the last 20min 0:2 down against Juve as they shit their pants and suddenly created chances in seconds from getting the ball.
>>
>>67200841
That's not true at all, you already thought they always won it so please stop posting
Your thread is garbage
>>
Winning the CL with Bayern would go some way to dispelling the Messi-babby reputation, but he's not been able to.

He's failed each time. In the last 3 semi finals he's been found out to have no tactical nouse outside of his possession game. It was his fault Buyern got fucked 4-0 at home to RM, it was his fault Bayern were eliminated after the first game against Barca, and it's his fault they're going into the second leg losing and will get knocked out.

His City adventure will be the final nail in the coffin.
>>
File: 1455250570455.jpg (29 KB, 221x279) Image search: [Google]
1455250570455.jpg
29 KB, 221x279
>poop getting cucked by Madrid, Barca and Atletico in his 3 seasons in Buyern
>>
>>67200877
>they shit their pants and suddenly created chances in seconds from getting the ball

This is literally what they'll do at home for 90 minutes. Prepare for the 6-0.
Remember Atletico were able to play le meme anti-football tactics for 45 minutes but they were tired as fuck during the second half, even Luis and Juanfran were barely able to tackle properly

Considering Bayern already won Bundesliga and Atletico still have to give everything in la Liga if they want to win it, they'll be tired as fuck next week. Screencap this, Lewandoski and Muller are going to throatfuck Oblak like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>67200734
>Inter

>bad squad

Horrible b8
>>
>>67200841
This season's BVB will get more points in the league than the 10-12 BVB teams that won the league.

His competition is STRONGER
>>
I havent seen the Muller obsessed Canadian in a while.
>>
>>67200362
>this flag
>this topic

Kill yourself, you french faggot.

Atletico will win the league and the CL this year.
>>
>>67199550
Guardiola isn't the best manager.

Raniere is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udjktdTn_g
>>
>>67199682
Mourinho did that and was considered a failure at Madrid.
>>
File: nfw.jpg (74 KB, 985x554) Image search: [Google]
nfw.jpg
74 KB, 985x554
>/sp/ unironically believes that bayern won't rape pathetico at the allianz
>>
>>67199682
because they did it before pep arrived

3 finals in four years
>>
>>67200720
>treble with Porto
>>
>>67200241
Pep had one of the best collection of players of all time and has failed to replicate that since. Bayern is so good they'd win the league and the cup every year without a manager, and he even lost the cup once. They literally play worse now than under Jupp. He plays players out of position and gets called a genius when they win 4-0 as if it made a difference.

Say what you want about Jose falling out with players and boardrooms everywhere he goes, he's guaranteed success and trophies, no matter the leage or competition. Pep is going to now inherit the best squad in England that have been under performing for years now,spend a billion dollars and be called a genius again.
>>
I love the mental gymnastics of ABP's
Messi and co. are overrated in their minds, muh UEFAlona bias, but as soon as it can be used against Pep suddenly they're the greatest collection of players in history to suit their arguments
>>
I watched him play when I was a wee lad, he sucked major ass.
>>
>>67205360
>Messi and co. are overrated in their minds
Please point out one person ITT who has said that. Pro-tip: Literally nobody has said or thinks that.

>muh UEFAlona bias
And how would that work in favour of Pep? Surely having the referees on his side would make him look better than he is...

>Mental gymnastics
You mean logical thinking?
>>
I think we can all agree if Pep fails to win the PL and CL with City in his two years that he's a complete fraud.

Guardiola's ""triumphs"" are the equivalent of a 28 year old 200lbs UFC fighter with black belts in Judo and BJJ going to a nursery and having a fight with one of the 4 year olds. He wins the fight eventually, but he comes out with a broken arm and a bloody nose.
>>
>>67205278
Go look up how many times in a row bayern win the league, you youtube highlight faggots are cancer
Oh wait, you're an island nigger
od
>>
>>67205360
Nail on the head
>they're overrated system babies
>they're the greatest ever poop sux
>>
>>67206135
Excellent argument, you really showed me!

Him joining Bayern in a golden era for the club when they're rich enough in talent and money to steamroll the league doesn't make him elite. They won the league by 20 points under Jupp, obviously something was going for them already before he arrived.
>>
>>67206224
1. The 'system' is not Peps system, it was already obvious in 2008 where they got to the CL semi-final and outplayed United (the winners) for much of the two legs.

2. It's possible for those two things to be true at the same time. As the players could be great but only when played together in that system.

3. It's possible that Pep is a decent, solid 7/10 manager and that's all it took to get that team playing the way it did because of the talent already at his disposal.

See
>>67205538
Already debunked.
>>
>>67200734
>he was the one who assembled possibly the best team
>doesn't count bro
>>
>>67206409
>it was already obvious in 2008 where they got to the CL semi-final and outplayed United (the winners) for much of the two legs.
>it was already obvious in 2008
You're either straight up lying or did not watch football at the time.

Barcelona finished 19 points behind Madrid and lost their final El Clasico 4-1 but I guess beating Celtic and >schalke to reach the semi was such a fantastic achievement. They also did not outplay shit against United, it wouldn't even have been a contest if Donald hadn't choked a penalty in the opening minutes at the Camp Nou
>>
>>67199550
lmk when this nigga wins something prestigious without Messi holding his hand
>>
>It's an /sp/ changes their mind episode
>>
>>67206542
Barca 08 were better than Barca 09 in their games against United.

The 09 United team sat back when they should have gone for the kill and taken the game to them.
>>
>>67206645
>Barca 08 were better than Barca 09 in their games against United.
lmao

>The 09 United team sat back when they should have gone for the kill and taken the game to them.
But that's exactly what they did, and it ended with a Barcelona goal after 10 minutes of pressure by United
>>
>>67206379
>golden era
Can't bother reading the rest if you believe that, so you're basically one of those that watched the semi and think they were some dominating force
Thanks for proving you have no idea what you're on about, nigger
>>
>>67206703
Pretty sure you didn't watch either game.

>08
Barcelona 80% possession
United defending off their goalline, loads of last-gasp stuff
Barcelona with 2-3 good penalty claims
United with literally one shot on goal, Scholes.
Struggling to keep the ball at all
Last 20 minutes was basically a siege on the United goal with Messi running rings past Evra

>09
United comfortable
Edging the possession
At least 10 decent efforts on goal
Barcelona not troubling apart from the goals
Their first goal a complete fluke against the run of play
Barca out-muscled and outplayed in midfield despite Fletcher, United's best CM that season being suspended
Rio and Vidic comfortable for the 90 barring a couple of silly mistakes.
Ronaldo stupidly doing too much on his own when he should have been playing others in

If you replayed 08, Barca would have won 9 out of 10
If you replayed 09, United would win 7 out of 3
>>
>>67207306
7 out of 10*
with barca winning 3 out of 10
>>
>>67206934
Again a one sided argument, because your input doesn't go beyond slurs. But I understand you don't have the time to post, you have to leave before McDonald's closes.
>>
>>67200877
Iniesta and Xavi were average until pep came
>>
>>67205360
No one says shit about barcelona. Everyone dickrides them, fuck off.
>>
>>67206934
Players Pep had fuck all to do with and were already sitting there waiting for him:

Messi
Iniesta
Xavi
(I should just stop there, but I'll go on)
Puyol
Valdes
Busquets
Eto'o

So what did Pep do exactly? Replace Eto'o (who went on to win the fucking TREBLE with Inter Milan) with a complete failure in Zlatan Ibrahomovich AND lose £40 million in the process.
TOP FUCKING KEK.

Oh and he promoted Pedro, who has been discovered to be a complete fraud and signed Pique who would still be sitting in the United reserves had he not been rescued and put in a team that never has to defend...

Revolutionary.... Truly revolutionary!!!
>>
>>67207734
>So what did Pep do exactly? Replace Eto'o (who went on to win the fucking TREBLE with Inter Milan) with a complete failure in Zlatan Ibrahomovich AND lose £40 million in the process.

Truly the worst transfer ever.
It would be like Arsenal trading Walott for Suarez and Barcelona have to throw in some cash too to sweeten the deal.

It's that retarded.

No really, it's that fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1234235633245.jpg (17 KB, 252x237) Image search: [Google]
1234235633245.jpg
17 KB, 252x237
>le wait for Messi to score man

he's fucking shit
>>
>>67206477
He inherited that team
>>
>>67201255
>1 alright team lagging behind means it's a tough competition
Go ahead and look at the points gap below Dortmund, I'm waiting
>>
>>67200938
When did I say they always win it? I said it is a freebie in their current situation
>>
>>67207306
You know that most of what you said are literally lies, right?
>>
>>67207855
Then why did the best team of all time finish 3rd in La Liga in 07/08?
>>
>>67208100
that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he didn't assemble the team
>>
>>67208231
Then what did it have to do with?

because it sure sounds weird that such readymade GOAT team that Pep inherited only managed 3rd place in a 2 team league, almost 20 points behind their main rivals
>>
>>67207817
Oh fuck off. Ibrahimovic was one of the best players in the world at the time. How in the world is it comparable to fucking Walcott-Suarez you retard?
>>
File: Frozen Reindeer Blood.png (984 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Reindeer Blood.png
984 KB, 1000x750
>>67208395
>Ibrahimovic was one of the best players in the world at the time

kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baBFFKAkbYk
>>
>>67203493
>Atletico winning the CL
The final will be Madrid vs Atletico, Perez will transfer $$$$$$ to them and the will choke in the end, RM will win their Undecima and will be hailed as the greatest ever. This shit is rigged if it's an RM-Atletico final.
>>
>>67208450
> 10 mins

yeah im not watching that. Not sure what the point of that video is anyways. Does he miss a sitter or something?
>>
>>67208395
>Ibrahimovic was one of the best players in the world
lmao

But seriously, the gap between Suarez and Walcott is lesser than the gap between Eto'o and Zlatan.
>>
>>67208393
Do you not fucking know what assembled means? Jesus Christ
>>
>>67207548
Xavi had just won best player of the Euro when Pep arrived to Barcelona
>>
>>67207734
Pedro is still good, he's just in a team playing at a Sunday league level. He's their third top scorer
>>
How about you guys stop talking about Barcelona ?
Let's just laugh about Patetico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcriYK-ZEmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGES-ifmqUs

>These guys are Atleti's top scorers
>>
>>67212588
That was good play from Torres desu. Not sure how thats laughable.
>>
>>67212674
Probably because, you know, most players would have scored, but he missed again
>>
>>67199550
By being the architect of the greatest team that has ever been assembled in world football.
>>
>>67200362
>he thinks Atlético will conceal a goal
>>
>>67203727
Like they would rape Madrid and lost 0-4? :^)
>>
>>67207306
I agree. Barca got some fortunate calls to get pass Chelsea in the biggest ref job in history. Anyways Pep is at the right place at the right time. Messi and Muller I !eam come on...
>>
>>67207734
Dumb post.

Busquets was developed and introduced into the first team by Guardiola. Messi was made into the goalscoring machine he was by Guardiola. Xavi was set to leave Barcelona before Guardiola stepped in because he had a role for him. Iniesta wasn't a certified starter until Guardiola. Puyol was there yeah. Valdes was seen as a meme goalie and sort of still is.
Eto'o was dealing with severe knee injuries in the two seasons prior to Pep becoming the coach and was also rumored to leave.

The clear mistake was signing Ibrahimovic and dumping Eto'o, that is true. But there was nothing wrong with promoting Pedro, because get this, sometimes players who individually are not of the best of quality shines in a system that suits them. That's what happened to Pedro.

And ridiculing the transfer of Piqué is flat out stupid, because it has been of great effect to Barcelona's successes to the point the English media hype up John Stones because him being able to pass makes them hope he'll be as good as Piqué. All teams nowadays want a Gerard Piqué in defence. Well, except Atletico.

Point is, your claims that Pep had nothing to do with the players you named is mostly stupid and the arguments you put against him are examples of good decisions being stupidly downplayed, even though one of them changed the world view of what a central defender should be. All you got is the Eto'o-Ibra trade.
>>
File: 1458275730081.jpg (26 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1458275730081.jpg
26 KB, 1024x576
>tf
>tt
>>
>>67216452
is it just me or does Bale look a bit like Torres?
>>
>>67216242
>the biggest ref job in history.
You're right, there should've been a penalty on Henry in the first leg, penalty for a Ballack hand ball in the 2nd and Abidal was sent off for nothing.

Luckily based Iniesta intervened
>>
>Why is the guy that revolutionalized and brought then decaying Barcelona team to the absolute GOAT performing level one club can reach in todays football so sought after

>Why doesn't he win the CL season-in season-out

>Why does he assemble great squads

>Why are most top players easily drawn to work with him

>Why doesn't he take over scrubs and win stuff to prove he's not a fraud

Such is the life of Josep Guardiola.
>>
>>67199550
i think he's sought after for the system he implements because Bayern could have won with any other coach but what the board saw in Pep is the training regimen and attention to detail he had in Barca

too bad the front office of Bayern alienated Pep and he stopped giving a fuck just like his last year in Barcelona

but make no mistake Pep did his job in starting a project that'll they carry on for years training their youth and then promoting them up to the first team

no City want the same behind the scene genius of Pep and that's why they went and hired his friends and ex staff to make him feel more comfortable

it's not about winning just yet but preparing yourself for the future and Pep got super lucky he had Messi to win him loads of trophies and make him look good cause if that never happened then he'll just be another Loco Bielsa/LVG
>>
>>67216643
>>67200241
Basically these are right, /sp/ getting fucking wrecked as usual
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.