[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Cubes still in love with this guy? Anyone with a high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: 115957042.jpg (125 KB, 940x1363) Image search: [Google]
115957042.jpg
125 KB, 940x1363
Why is Cubes still in love with this guy? Anyone with a high baskebtall IQ can tell that him even being on the team anymore is detrimental for the mavs. He plans on playing again next year, too.

How does Cubes justify holding onto this relic and that awful coach?
>>
>>67123199
He still has one year on his contract. After that they probably won't resign him unless they like finishing in the last few playoff seeds and losing every year
>>
>only thing preventing the Mavs from dropping into Kings tier
>detrimental for the mavs
wew lad
>>
Cuban got so lucky building a championship team, he will yet again overpay injured old free agents who were stars three or four years ago.
>>
>>67126113
I know you gotta defend your home boy, but he's getting old and the Dirk days are over. After next year they won't resign him and they'll build the team around someone else
>>
File: 1457148196714.gif (2 MB, 341x321) Image search: [Google]
1457148196714.gif
2 MB, 341x321
>>67123199
Who gives a fuck about Cuban. He's the fucking reason they're in the shape they are. Idiot hardly knows basketball. He wasted the meat of dirks career on nobodies and dirk never had a legit sidekick. Had nash but we know what happened there. Eat shit Cuban, hope the mavs stink for years. I live in dfw too. Fuck him.
>>
>>67126113
Send more

Also how is the German basketball league?

What's the best league in yurop?
>>
Stars going to take over the Mavs spot soon.

Mavs are old and shit, Stars are young and good
>>
I like Dirk as a person but his defense has always been dreadful and his style of play is basically like a really tall SG, not a real PF.
>>
>>67126303
Remember how he deliberately blew up the championship roster so he could get Deron and Howard, didn't get either of them, went full sour grapes saying WE DIDN'T WANT THEM ANYWAY, signed a bunch of scrubs and didn't even make the playoffs?
>>
>>67126451
>hockey
>in Texas
>people caring
>>
>>67126381
Not particularly great, too heavy on foreign players. Although if the finances work out, the coolest team name ever is going to get promoted to the German league (Science City Jena).

Most powerful leagues in Europe probably are Spain and Greece.with Lithuania also in the mix.

>>67126273
Around whom? Chandler "Glass Bones" Parsons?
>>
Because Cuban knows that he wasted Dirk's career. And then the only time he actually won something with Dirk playing out of his mind he decided to blow up the team and ended up signing nothing, yet again.

Cuban should fellate Dirk every morning tbqh with you pham.
>>
>>67128055
>Because Cuban knows that he wasted Dirk's career.

It makes me sad that there's some truth to that.
>>
Who gives a shit about his career when thw 2011 title run was the goat shitpost moment outside of monumental events like the seahawk choke or 9/28 and game 6
>>
>>67128743

this

trolling lebron and the miami cheat was one of the greatest events in sports history.
>>
>>67127647
I don't know who, but they'll try to sign somebody. Other players exist on other teams ya know
>>
>>67128743
Ridiculous how clutch this motherfucker was.
>>
>>67128743
>look up 2011 NBA playoffs
>see that the 8th seed Grizzlies beat the Spurs
>............?

How the fuck do I have no memory in this? My life was pretty chaotic that year and I probably wasn't following sports that much that year, but even still I think I would've heard and remembered that

Was it all just a part of Popovich's plan?
>>
Why would he kick him to the curb with 1 year left on his contract when he wants to sign another star player or 2 soon?
You don't sign star players by kicking your star players to the curb the second they dip below 20PER
>>
>>67128992
He was known as a choke artist before he won a ring. I never liked him, he was what the kids nowadays call a meme player.
>>
>>67129197
It's okay because he's white though
>>
File: 455553704.0.jpg (159 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
455553704.0.jpg
159 KB, 1310x873
>>67129208
no he has lost that title
>>
>>67129165
Everybody in the league knows Cuban is a clueless moron and a showboater, nobody wants to play for that and not maybe serious stars want to play for Carlisle I imagine.
>>
Cuban is retarded
>>
>>67129088
I remember that's when the "Spurs are old as shit and their dynasty is in decline" meme started.
>>
>>67123199
confirmed for not watching basketball. Dirk is genuinely the only consistent player on the Mavs, if they didnt have him this year they would not have made the playoffs

also Carlisle is easily one of the best coaches in the league. this is coming from a Spurs fan.
>>
>>67126806
Do you live in Texas? Stars were way more popular than the Mavs until Cubes and Dirk
>>
>>67129273
he's consistently mediocre I'll give you that.
>>
>>67129197
To be honest thats only cause of Wade's refball: The Final and the following year being humbled by based Baron Davis and his Warriors (back when they were likeable)

Statistically he always raised his game in the playoffs.
>>
>>67129336
hes literally the only player on the Mavs who can score. Matthews, Williams, Pachulia often times just dont show up for games at all. Dirk is the only guy who can give you points every night and score in late game situations where scoring is vital. sure hes probably the worst defender in the league but the Mavs dont have a better option. Dirk is not a great player anymore but hes still the best player on the Mavs. plus this whole question is stupid: Dirk makes like 8 million dollars a year. hes worth having on the team just for his ridiculously low contract. he could be a million times worse than he is and still worth keeping
>>
>>67128802
They have been trying to sign star free agents for years now (which is why they blew up the 2011 team) and have come up with a grand amount of "fuck all".
>>
File: 1461602411295.gif (310 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
1461602411295.gif
310 KB, 245x220
>>67129242
If he's a clueless moron who treats his players well, it's the perfect place to land for most stars who don't see a championship run happening with their current team and want to ride out their career or try for a long shot ring with a new team. It's pretty much what Kobe did with Jim Buss, now Dirk is doing with Cuban, although they were both already on the team they just decided to ride out their career with their team and get paid way too much to ride around on a plane and play 15 minutes a game poorly.

If he's a clueless moron who treats his players like shit, no, nobody would want to play with him. This was precisely my point.
>>
>>67129343
No his whole career mang
>>
>>67129443
It's not 2011 though. It'll be easier to attract a big star to the team when they can literally walk in and say "this is my team now lol". There will also be shit tons of money floating around and the mavs will have stupid cap space since they are a bunch of literally whos who dont get paid much or can be released with little consequence
>>
>>67129458
Star players don't want to be overshadowed by their embarrassing idiot owner on a daily basis. I agree, it's pretty much what Kobe/Dirk did, except completey different.
>>
Dirk is allowed to do whatever he wants to after 2011 happened.
>>
>>67129513
Eh, I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Oh well.
>>
he's still the mav's best player
>>
Because he helped them win a ring
>>
File: bust.jpg (21 KB, 242x281) Image search: [Google]
bust.jpg
21 KB, 242x281
>>67126588
if he had kept chandler, they might have repeated. he's the reason they won the title anywho. they don't win without him in the paint. I have a strong dislike for cuban, have since the early 00s
>>
>>67129925
> 2016
> People still overrating that scrub Chandler

Worst DPOY ever.
>>
File: 1410728226894.gif (497 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
1410728226894.gif
497 KB, 200x197
>tfw you made a bet you would lick Tuckers ass if the mavs won the title
>mavs win the title
Tucker is my friends Labrador. Love that pup.

I made the bet right after brandon roy made that comeback to tie up the series against the mavs. It sure was disheartening to watch dirk dominate every single series from then on out. I didn't lick that dogs ass till 2 years later, but I did do it.
>>
>>67129958
Like I said before, they don't win the title without the guy. He came back older and not giving a fuck 2 years later.
>>
>>67130054
Proof?
>>
The problem with the mavs is Cubes still wants to play that LOOK AT US WE'RE POOR card even though the owners (cubes) is making more than ever with the new tv and advertising deals. His team is a fuckin joke. He goes to every single home and away game like it's his job. Its sad, really.
>>
File: xcvzxcvzxcv.png (85 KB, 259x239) Image search: [Google]
xcvzxcvzxcv.png
85 KB, 259x239
>>67130212
i wouldn't make something like that up. about 6 of my buddies saw it. i collected all of their phones though, so no video was ever taken. thank goodness I had at least that much sense. It was just a quick lick. I had cleaned tucks ass really good too. wasn't even dirty.

btw didn't the mavs have this nig nog last year? he got 30 and 10 last night. cuban is a dipshit
>>
>>67130543
Sounds like you didnt really have to do the lick, but you did anway. I used to know someone in high school who would demand that he got a swirly in a toilet in the football locker room after home games. It was pathetic, never seen anyone want to be popular so badly.
>>
>>67129332
Dallas Texas resident here, no one gives a fuck about the stars its Rangers, Mavs and Cowboys.
>>
>>67131226
naw, it was something they always brought up. I would have never heard the end of it if I didn't do it.
>>
File: 63688947.jpg (9 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
63688947.jpg
9 KB, 290x174
>>67130500
>being rich as fuck and owning a sports team and doing nothing but going to the games and shitposting about athletes on other teams on twitter who are then asked by the media to comment about the things you said is sad

guess some people are just allergic to the good life
>>
Everyone don't listen to OP he is probably some faggot casual from Denton that jumped on the Thunder bandwagon a few years ago

He doesn't understand that Dirk is still playing great even at his old age

He doesn't understand that Dirk doesn't want to be a starter anymore
>>
>>67129485
>his whole career
You haven't watched basketball long have you?

Only casuals regarded him as anti clutch. It was labeled on him the first few years of his career in Dallas. He was only really anti clutch his first and second year in the league when he was young. But he changed that around over a decade ago but casuals keep thinking he isn't clutch
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.