[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this fat hack considered the GOAT? in europe his max goal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: fat bastard.jpg (52 KB, 468x559) Image search: [Google]
fat bastard.jpg
52 KB, 468x559
why is this fat hack considered the GOAT?
in europe his max goal tally for the season was 23 in all competition and he never scored more than 16 in the league...
34 international goals over 18 years? pathetic...
>>
it's because

important goals that change history > 300+ goals against literally who's
>>
Won the World Cup with an average team.

Won two scudettos with Napoli ( (the only ones in the club's entire history) against great Juventus and AC Milan teams

Shocked the world twice in five minutes.
>>
this is the 1986 WC winning squad

GK 18 Nery Pumpido
SW 5 José Luis Brown
CB 9 José Cuciuffo
CB 19 Oscar Ruggeri
RWB 14 Ricardo Giusti
LWB 16 Julio Olarticoechea
DM 2 Sergio Batista
CM 12 Héctor Enrique
AM 10 Diego Maradona (c)
SS 7 Jorge Burruchaga
CF 11 Jorge Valdano

please be honest and tell me: have you ever heard of any of these players other than Maradona? of course not. They were 10 literally whos and remained literally whos even after winning a WC. Maradona literally carried 10 hacks to the title himself.
>>
>>67100879
>Jorge Valdano
Heard of this fucker m8. Needlesdona is overrated
>>
>>67100609
he was not even a striker, you shithead
>>
>>67100879
I've heard of Ruggeri, Burruchaga and Valdano
>>
>>67100998
ruggeri is literally a buffoon in local media here. literally the comic relief of the sports programs.

and burruchaga is only known because of the goal in the final.
>>
>>67100609

I see that Maradona took the "you need to be the ball" to another level.
>>
>>67101203
You have to be +18 to post here.

>>67100879
Anyone who can't remember that are the same people who can't remember '70 Netherlands, '90 Germany, or even '06 Italy.
>>
>>67100879

i cannot name a single player from before 1994 so what's your point?

also, did Maradona score the world cup winning goal?
of course not.
>>
>muh goals
Maradona was way more talented then Messi trick and technique wise. The problem is that he was on cocaine, what is dopping imo. I don't buy the he was playing with literally whos meme, and he literally cheated for a win 86' as if cocaine wasnt enough. He was way more charismatic on and off field then Messi. That being said i consider Diego and Messi as the only GOAT's ever
>>
>>67103860
he forgets that during 80s there wasn't such an "exportation" of argentinian players as nowadays where you can see lots of argies in european leagues. i believe all 11 there could be playing outside but the things were different, that's why no one know about them
>>
>>67103146
you can name Cruyff, Haan, Nanninga, Krol and Neeskens from Netherlands,

Brehme, Matthaus, Voller, Klinsmann and Kohler from Germany,

Grosso, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Totti, Gattuso from Italy 06.

all just form heart, like everyone in /sp/ could

Don't be a fucking casual please.
>>
>muh stats
America indirectly killed this sport with its analytics

Some players were great because they were great to watch and helped the team and were loved by the fans. Stats can't measure that
>>
>>67100879
Burrachaga and valdano. But yeah point taken
>>
>>67100609
Aye but he wasnt an out and out striker
>>
maradroga was on cocaine literally all the time and even after a game was caught sniffing a line of coke with people around him in the middle of the field
>>
sorry but cruijff, zidane etc all said he was the GOAT so please spare your permavirgin millenial knowledge, salty faggots
>>
>I dont rate Kempes
>>
messi fags really make me sick

maradona is leader and messi is not this alone is worth much more than 20 hat-tricks against getafe
>>
>>67105546
>Don't be a fucking casual please
> he implies that Pumpido, Ruggeri, Burruchaga & Valdano aren't recognizable players

is being an arbitrary pleb some kind of /sp/ approved behaviour?

>>67100879
take this for example

80's argie football wasnt what is today, CL 84, 85 & 86 were won by three different argie teams, and two of them beat the Europe champions (the only who didnt, lose at penalties against Platini's Juventus)

Everybody think that modern Argentina NT is somehow better because they all play in Europe. Well, that's because modern football has more flexible rules about signing foreign players than back in the XX century. Besides that, internet and globalization made it easier to fund young niggers form southamerica at really low transfer price (since it's better to pay 500k for a 19 kid which skills you already can see instead of spending money in the youth system that can never asure you the players you need). Even besides that, the fact of having muslim/oil overlords in Europe makes possible that every top to mediocre team in Europe can buy three brazilians, two argies and an extra colombian at 50% off.

If the current NT exited back in the 80, besides two or three lads, they all would be playing in Argentina, Mexico & some mid-table team in Europe despite how skillful they were.

And in that scenario, people would say "lol who the fucks know who is Rojo/Garay/Biglia/Rodriguez". That's because Europe has been in the spotlight of football competitions since the 50's despite the quality/nationality of the players who compete there.

Really, you can't hold your arguments about some player's quality based in other anons' knowledge level about football history.
>>
>>67100879
Please, newfag, Ricardo Giusti is the household name for RWB
>>
File: mfw .gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
mfw .gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>67100656
>change history
MFW
We are talking about soccer, not the fucking Yalta conference.
>>
>>67100609
I doesn't matter if he's considered bc he's not the goat pele has that honor ainec
>>
>>67109571
I always boner to this gif
>>
>>67109226
good post dude
>>
>>67109287
>RWB
?
>>
Germany - basically buyern + some random guys
Spain = basically RM + BCLN
Italy - Juve/Milan
Argentina - all local players when they won it

local = winning formula

south america will probably never win a wc again, unless it's rigged.
>>
Apparently knocking England out of a tournament even through cheating makes you GOAT tier.
>>
File: toolegittoquit.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
toolegittoquit.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>67100609
Because he managed to achieve meme status before the internet was a even a thing.

Imagine hand of god today, but all the other boards are closed and you are only allowed to discuss the world cup.
>>
>>67100609
he was a midfielder so I see nothing wrong in that
>>
>>67109226
yeah

Boccini was a God and played all his career in Independiente

also Maradona scored the most goals in Argentinos Juniors, not Napoli
>>
>>67113382
when Brazil won in 2002 most of their players were in Europe
>>
File: maradonadunk.png (656 KB, 568x499) Image search: [Google]
maradonadunk.png
656 KB, 568x499
boy could dunk
>>
>>67100609
because people in his time were shit
same with pele , >muh 10000 billion goals against literally who fc don't count for shit
>>
>>67105621
much dis
>>
just because he's white
>>
File: 1454628076602.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1454628076602.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>67105176
>Maradona was way more talented then Messi trick and technique wise.
No,I doubt there is a human who has more technique ability than messi in his left food.There is noone in the history of football,who has the same amount of insane solo goals than messi.

>>67107025
Messi is more clutch and ten times the club player that maradona was.
>inb4 MUH WC
I don't rate a 7 game tournament to determine who is goat and who is not.Most of you faggots and your meme countries never won one anyways.You all shit post messi for not showing up in the final,when maradona didn't do it either.

>>67106055
and Maradona said Messi is the goat

>>67118170
this,so much.Did you guys ever watch old games ?
>>
>>67118658
>You all shit post messi for not showing up in the final

he didn't show up in the final, or the semifinal, or the quarter-final. In fact Higuain bailed him out in the quarter-final.

His only great performance in the whole tournament, in fact his only great performance if you add up every world cup he played, was a group stage match against Bosnia.
>>
>was a midfielder
>played in the most defensive, physical era in football history, in the most defensive and best league of that era
>didn't have a super team around him

Even Van Basten, the best CF from that time and generally considered top 5 all time for his position, only scored over 30 in a season once for Milan, and over 20 in the league just once too. Several rule changes were made in the early/mid 90s to make the game more attacking because it was too defensive and boring for the casual fan.
>>
>>67109226
You, sir, are a fine gentleman and a true scholar of the game. After this post, all that is left is:

/thread
>>
>>67119059
Meanwhile, Van Basten himself about different eras:

>“I played against Maradona and he was a great player like Messi too. There is a big difference between 25 years ago and now, though.”

>Maradona and Van Basten had more space to play in, and the game today has become much more compressed, said Van Basten

>“We had an area of maybe 40 metres by 50 metres in which we could play; now it’s so tight it’s only half of that,” he explained. “Players have lost 20 metres of space and there might be 10 players between them and the penalty area when they get the ball.

>“You must have very good technique, be very clever to get through the defence, play quick one-twos. That is very, very difficult, and it’s the biggest change between then and now."
>>
>>67118170
Football is evolving with time. You can't compare 50s football to 80s football or 80s football with modern football. Player's skill doesn't get invalidated with time, they just played under a different context
>>
>>67119059
1990 world cup had the smallest goals per match average, 1994 was extremely defensive and the only thing that made 1998 and 2002 slightly more offensive was adding more (weak) teams increasing the average goals.
>>
>>67100879

Nigga please, Arriaga II was the most well known footballer in America at the time.
>>
>>67100879
>Maradona literally carried 10 hacks to the title himself.

Meanwhile these "hacks" won 2 Copa America titles without Maradona.
>>
>>67119214
>Copa America

This trophy has never, and will never mean anything. I remember Brazil winning two in a row with their B-team a decade ago lol.
>>
>>67100879
>Pumpido
>Ruggeri
>Batista
>Burruchaga
>Valdano

Then again I'm an oldfag.
>>
>>67119318
>Ruggeri's NT titles without Maradona: 3
>Maradona's NT titles without Ruggeri: 0

b-but muh popular pleb myth about how Maradona carried bunch of "hacks" :^)

Jokes aside, Argentina 1986 was by no means an average team, they were legitimate title contenders that year. The whole thing later (as it became obvious he'd finish his career with only one WC title) was inflated by media so Maradona could stand a better chance in the eternal comparison with Pele, so the official narrative was:

>Pele won 3 WC's with Dream Team
>Maradona won 1 WC with an average team

The catch is: Maradona's team was average only compared to Pele's, but not compared to other participants in 1986.
>>
While we're at it, find me a more red-pilled football personality than Based Jorge Valdano:

>"Football is beginning to be a lie well documented by the media."
>"Every team that is good to the ball, is also good to the public."
>"The bacillus of efficiency has also attacked football, and some dare to ask what's the point in playing well. I feel tempted to tell about the time they dared to ask Borges what is poetry for, to which he answered: "What is a sunrise for? What are caresses for? What is the smell of coffee for?" Each question sounded like a sentence: they are for pleasure, for emotion, for living."
>"Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a stick with shit hanging from it in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's shit hanging from a stick [...] if football is going the way Chelsea and Liverpool are taking it, we had better be ready to wave goodbye to any expression of the cleverness and talent we have enjoyed for a century"
>"Football is an excuse to make us happy."

Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>>67119416
I wonder what he thought about the Liverpool-Chelsea QF games in 2009.
>>
Benis tasting macho man,
sing along the ruthless ram,
how could we repress the seal?
Minions battling, no big deal.

Then an amazon appears,
holding dozens of red pears,
niggers jumping branch to branch,
no splinters in their hands.

It's the magic of this land
one that truly raises hands.
Rising sun and cunning moon,
final fantasy baboon.
>>
File: 1445902488701.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445902488701.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
Because for one moment he was the GOAT.

Propelled an above average team to victory over Englel and evtual WC glory.

Even a soccer casual knows he is among the greats.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.