[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the hype behind this team's story is getting nauseating.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14
File: lestr.png (171 KB, 916x864) Image search: [Google]
lestr.png
171 KB, 916x864
the hype behind this team's story is getting nauseating. it's supposed to be "inspiring" and "one for the ages" when, really, nobody cares. this wasn't some historic cinderella fairytale where the scrappy underdog overcame all odds in achieving glory. the really didn't win the league at all.

the traditional favorites literally lost the league for them. has there ever been a year where the powers of english football have collectively been worse? you know it's bad when spurs and arsenal are the only teams considered to be in the race this late into april.

anyone else not deeply moved by this "epic triumph" and sick of the narrative the media and the league are trying to push. it just seems so forced.

to me, it just means the PL had a really shitty product this year.
>>
>tf
>tp
>>
>Arsenal
>In the race

Fucking kek.
>>
>>67070020
good pasta
>>
>butthurt
>>
File: 1445279692583.jpg (39 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1445279692583.jpg
39 KB, 478x373
>>67070020
its not like MC, MU, and Arsenal are bottom 10

they are all top
>>
t. mad 'big blub' fan
>>
LOOKED ME IN THE EYE
>>
If the EPL is so terrible, why is the 4th best team in a CL semi final?
Checkmate, atheists
>>
>>67070020
Jesus Chris, have you ever considered enjoying life or something like that?
>>
actually the only other team left in the race mathematically is Tottenham
>>
>schmeichel whips the ball somewhere
>"pin-point accuracy!" t. phil mcnulty
>pacy winger runs straight forward
>"phenomenal!" t. alan shearer
>shit striker taps it in
>"could he get an england passport?" t. daily mail
>pub brawler scores 20
>"from rags to riches xDD"
>deep-lying 4-4-2 with counter-attacks
>"strategic genius!" t. garth crooks
>immobile jamaican centre back
>"how did FA not see him?" t. guardian

>the """"""""""best""""""""""" league in the world everybody

Leicester would finish 14th in La Liga.
>>
>implying EPL ever puts out a good product

kek "powers", all the powers are dead now, and the only reason Leicester is winning this year is because Chelsea is still on its hangover.
>>
>>67070020
>really shitty product
average bait but then you had to go too far
>>
>>67070020
So true. Leicester is a number 6 team but the top 4 literally played like shit in the early weeks
>>
I think we get that impression because we're in America

I know the storyline would be different because they're actually good now, but I think the hype levels over in England are probably what the hype levels here would be if like the Cubs went and won the World Series or the Browns or Bills won the Super Bowl

Over here it seems like "oh everybody else was shit" but when you really look at the Leicester squad and how mediocre to shit they've consistently been for their whole history, then you look at the history of the Prem with pretty much 4 teams only ever winning it, then you look at the individual stories of each of these players and the working class shithole that supports the team............

Add all the together and you get this hype story. As Americans we don't get the full sense of it because we're not familiar with all those storylines so it seems pretty forced and like a media narrative when in reality it's the real deal
>>
results like this is why the english league is superior to spain italy and france meme leagues where only 2 or 3 teams dominate
>>
>>67070175
and the 9th best team is in the EL semi, kek
>>
>>67070200
>Leicester would finish 14th in La Liga

I don't remember Barcelona being able to field 13 teams
>>
>>
Funny because I couldn't give a shit first, but now I'm willing Leicester to win it. Especially as I don't want spuds to.

ttttttttttttttttttttttttt.......... united fan
>>
>>67070374
too bad united will be the one ruining the lester dream by winning 7-0 and injurying memehrez and kanté
>>
>>67070020
Premier League is a very long race and every season, at least 4-5 teams are "technically" competing for it. The fact that some of the heavy favored teams failed to keep up, doesn't mean a team like Leicester shouldn't take the props for managing to keep up, especially with such a budhet difference.

Then again, looking at your flag I suppose you don't have any clue about football. You should probably fuck off.
>>
>>67070408
>you don't have any clue about football
You meant "soccer".
>>
>>67070408

>Then again, looking at your flag I suppose you don't have any clue about football.

coming from a country that literally lost to Faroe Islands TWICE

aaaaaaaahahahaha
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (295 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
295 KB, 1600x1067
IF LESTER ARE SO BAD WHY CAN'T THE OTHERS BEAT THEM????
>>
>>67070020

>arsenal in the title race

I can see this is your first season watching the PL. Every season arsenal look like threatening toput a title challenge in, but like every season, fades away shortly after christmas
>>
>>67070484
because the rest are even worse
watch a REAL league with REAL football like La Liga you peasant
>>
>>67070020
>really, nobody cares

stopped reading there. you silly cunt
>>
>>67070455
You have the same ammount of Euros won as Greece (1) and your national team is always percieved as one of the better ones. The meme's on you.
>>
ABL is a mental disease, please kys
>>
>>67070581
Americans don't care and anyone outside America is pretty much a nobody, potato man.
>>
>FOUR (4)
>NIL (nil)
>TO
>THE
>ONE (1)
>MAN
>TEAM
>>
It's another "I started supporting Chelsea last year" episode
>>
>>67070020
>the PL had a really shitty product this year.
Stopped reading there. Stay salty
>>
>>67070125

DAD
>>
LOOK SUNSHINE
>>
>>67070020
literally this

Leicester aren't impressive

they've all but won the league with 76 points, which is damning of the state of the premier league's top clubs.

If Leicester were going to win it with 90 points just beating out the traditional opposition, okay, it'd be impressive, but really, in any other season a team of Leicester's quality would be challenging for 4th and being talked about as the new Southampton being plucky and challenging the big boys
>>
>>67070744
TOOK ME INTO THE CITY
>>
>>67070824
Which now irrelevant team do you follow? Chelsea? Arsenal?
>>
WEAR THE FOX
>>
STOP HAVING FUN GUISE PLS
>>
File: filbertstreetspurs1929.jpg (21 KB, 599x498) Image search: [Google]
filbertstreetspurs1929.jpg
21 KB, 599x498
>>67070233
This is a good post. I think you have to understand that this is so absolutely fucking insane, it's not actually possible to 'hype' it.

t. actual Leicester fan
>>
>>67070020
didn't read la
get fucked amerijew
>>
File: 164129.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
164129.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>67070020
>spurs and arsenal are the only teams considered to be in the race this late into april.
>arsenal
>arsenal
>>>arsenal
>>
>>67070824
you completely reek of butthurt
>>
>>67070532
But 'manchester' 'city' are in the CL semi-finals, and Leicester thrashed them in their own lair.
>>
>>67070200
Leicester will destroy cancerlona ticky-tacky
>>
>>67071033
I don't hide it

The premier league is supposed to be difficult to win, and yet Leicester have just fluked their way to it in the weakest ever season of English football
>>
>le team with the best score in the league is actually not good meme
>>
I hate the big money teams winning all the time; shit is boring.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
I've just noticed that the Leicester badge is essentially the old Leeds badge photobombed by a fox.

Kek
>>
File: arselol3.jpg (41 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
arselol3.jpg
41 KB, 600x338
>>67070020
>Arsenal
>Title race in April
Ayylmao
>>
>>67070407
Bullshit, United are only caring about the FA cup now.
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>67070532
>Real league
>La Liga

Tip top bait
>>
>>67070532
>Top 3 teams keep beating other teams every week
>Real league
MY SIDES
>>
The top clubs spent all that money and still couldn't win? They deserve to lose for being giant fuck ups.
>>
>>67070840
AMAZING
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
>>
>>67070020
SORRY

I can't hear your ABL nonsense, not even with my finely tuned pointy ears. What you don't UNDERSTAND is that I'm a proud fox, I've been a proud fox since the day I was born at the foxes inn on Leicester high street. Me ma was a fox and so was me pa and his pa before him.

You'll never understand what it's like to be a true fox.

IT WAS ALL A MEME
WE USED TO BE BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE
KANTE, MAHREZ and HUTH UP IN THE LIMOSINE
HANGING ALBRIGHTONS PICTURE ON MY WALL
EVERY SATURDAY COUNTER ATTACK
VARDYS GOAL VS SHITTERPOOL
>>
>>67070020
Add a bat, baseball, and a city full of 600lb alcoholics and you have the Chicago Cubs
>muh history
>muh goat
>muh decrepit stadium
>muh 100 years
>>
>>67071084
We're witnessing a potential turn of the era and the collapse of the "top four" though similar to the Liverpool/Aston Villa/Nottingham Forest/Everton drops in the 90's.

Which is great because fuck those plastic pieces of shit. About time we get some proper competition even if it does fuck up our European places.
>>
>>67070020
Nobody else stepped up. Not even Arse or your precious Liverpool. Not even the chosen ones have schlepped up.

This is what the entire world has been waiting for. The FA is going to licence the fuck out of every book, movie and capekino to come
>>
>>67070020

>arselel
>"considered to be in the race"

you've literally never watched the premier league before this season. see:>>67071152
>>
>>67070824
This isn't the 90s anymore, toto. For the past decade the league has been getting more and more competitive as mid-table teams have continued strengthening their squads with newfound money. A crunch in points-spread is the key symptom of a competitive league.

Thats what makes Leicester's run so impressive, the lack of 90 point top team(s) shows this isn't the 'easiest' year for them to win it, it's the hardest.
>>
File: 1461421262301.jpg (38 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
1461421262301.jpg
38 KB, 960x641
>>67070959
I'm sorry you'll fade back into obscurity next year but enjoy your title senpai
>>
Hey look, don't you have some arteries to clog? Why don't you stick to some fatty sports no one outside of America watches and leave the civilized world alone, okay?
>>
>>67071732
Don't you have euros to worry about? Oh, nevermind
>>
>>67071798

No, thanks, I don't want to die in a shooting, or as you call it, Tuesday
>>
File: 1461500252969.jpg (74 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1461500252969.jpg
74 KB, 800x585
>>67071731
>next year
You seriously think with a league title and CL anybody in this city gives a fuck about the next year? No.

When Arsenal 'fans' are still crying about Wenger next year, we'll still have that title.
>>
>>67071830
You should let a goat lick all that salt of you neverlands
>>
>>67071885
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. Lester will crash out of the cl and will not come close to recreating what they did this season, it will be chelsea all over again and what does arsenal have to do with anything?
>>
>>67071924

I once let my cat lick marmite off my Netherlands.
>>
>>67071924

And you'd better not, or else you might die of a heartattack
>>
>>67070020
It's a great story, but I have to admit that the way everyone is going insane over it is getting a little tiring.
>>
File: deportivo-1999-2000-champions.jpg (121 KB, 720x330) Image search: [Google]
deportivo-1999-2000-champions.jpg
121 KB, 720x330
>>67070200
>La Liga
>Doesn't remember the original meme team
>>
>>67072066
The city of Leicester will be happy about this triumph for decades to come senpai, just playing 6 group games in the CL and hosting Real Madrid at the KPS is massive for them. It doesn't matter if they finish 16th next year and leave the CL with 2 points, it's still a massive victory to have won the league against all odds. They won't become like Chelsea who expect a league medal and CL semi or better every year.
>>
>>67070200

Lol no. What happened in Munich would happen again to Barcelona if they went against the mighty foxes
>>
>>67072120
Why are you so obsessed with my country
>>
>>67072231
That's exactly what I'm saying and I'm happy for them
>>
>>67070200

>MFW salt
>>
>>67070959

Great meeting yoy fellow /lifelong/
>>
The most boring season in years. Thank god for the Euros this summer.
>>
>>67070020
Liverpool (7th) did beat Dortmund (2nd). The league is as strong as ever. Only babies and Polish posters think La Liga is a better league.
>>
>>67072196
That Dépor team won 3 titles and managed to make it to the UCL semifinal.
Lestah won't be able to win do half as good as Dépor did
>>
>>67076181
are you talking about Europe in general or just England?
>>
>>67070233
England love Scrappy Underdogs. We have an 'As long as you leave everything you have out there, you can hold your head high even in defeat' attitude.

America love Dominant Champions. You guys have an 'Only winning matters, second place is the first loser' mentality.

That's the main difference in attitude, at least if things like Olympic Commentary is anything to go by.
>>
>>67070532
No lie, the last El Classico I watched was one of the worst games I've sern at a top level in a long long time. The game was a mess.
>>
File: Salah.jpg (170 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Salah.jpg
170 KB, 1280x720
>>67070020
Mad Arsenal or Spurs fan?
>>
HAHAHAH YES LETS LAUGH AT THE TEAM WHO DESERVES THE TITLE MORE AHAHAHAHAHA GREENTEXT AWAY LADS GOTTA LOVE THE FOXES LMAOOOO LIFELONG LIFELONG IM SUCH A GIANT CUNT

I fucking hate this place. Spurs are genuinely the best team in the league and none of you celebrate the fact. You all prefer the cheating, refballing, scummy cunts in Leicester over us. Just fuck off.

Here's a funny thing though, we'll be fighting for the title next season and where will ''''''based'''''' Leicester be? Fucking midtable where they belong. So enjoy this shitty title win you Leicester cunts, it's the last thing you'll ever win. Can't wait for your tears when your piece of shit club gets liquidated in 10 years.

Please continue with your SO EPIC posts about how '''''shit'''' Spurs are though. It's so fucking hilarious to me because I know that next season you'll be crying and your precious Leicester will sink like a fucking rock. It will literally be worse than Chelsea. Shove your dilly dong up your arse you fox cunts.
>>
>>67071169
LVG has his chance to shit on the English medias darling fairytale team before he gets fired in a few weeks.
He'll fucking love to end Leicesters run
>>
>>67071612
>that flag etc

I dont know how you get it so clearly but everyone else keeps saying this ones a" fluke, business as usual for the big clubs next year"
>>
>>67077783
really pushing this pasta today lad
>>
>>67077783
....aaaaand now it's already stale.
>>
The once barely visible, now extremely prominent anti-Leicester contingent on /sp/ got me thinking.

What I've come to believe is, the reasons the fans of the established "big clubs" gave for their hatred of Chelsea and Man City(MUH OIL MONEY, MUH NO HISTORY, MUH UNITED EARNED IT) were never really genuine.The real reason they were so bitter towards these "nouveau riche" clubs coming in was the simple fact it upset their little boys club(United, Arsenal, sometimes Liverpool).It was another team stopping their team from winning the league, and they didn't like it.

No fans of big teams ever gave a shit about Fulham buying their way up the English football pyramid because the spending was only enough to get them to the Premier League and remain there, they were no threat to the elite clubs.In fact, I seem to remember most of the country rallying to support Fulham in their great Europa League run.Opposition fans loved "plucky, little Fulham", where they could go and outsing the quiet home support.

Leicester is a wonderful story, people are just pissed off their team isn't winning the league.
>>
>>67071084
You can't fluke a season, retard.
>>
>>67071142
>not realising the Leicester badge is a homage to the rose of york in thanks to Richard III for blessing their turn of fortune
>>
>>67070020
>Being this jealous
>>
when will we find out how long vardy's ban will be?
>>
>>67070233
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36028733

But yeh, your pretty much spot on. In England, we love an underdog
>>
>>67077511
Wasnt in Ricky Gervais who said, in England, we love the underdog up until the point that, due to our love for him, he's no longer an underdog, so we hate him
>>
Somebody post the manga plot copy pasta.
>>
Americans can't understand Leicester's story simply because it has no equal in american sports. Last season when Leicester were bottom with a dozen games left, they had to start playing better or they'd be fucked. An american team in a similar situation would be better off just losing all the last games rather than try anything
>>
>>67080115

Exactly.

The beauty of English football and the romanticism that exists in hearts of every fan of every club, wether it be Crewe Alexandria, Barry Town or a Sunday league team from Norwich, is that it is always still possible, if you play good enough football, to climb the ranks and end up as champions of England.

Leicester are proving that dreams can come true and that if you battle hard enough and believe, nothing is impossible in the world of English football.
>>
>>67072196
SUPER DEPOR

I miss them lads
>>
>>67080115
Don't be so dense. I know many americans who have finally started watching soccer and the premier league because of how fascinated they are by the Leicester story.

All my fellow americans complaining about it are either tottenham jews, ABLs, or they are just so deep in their infantile dislike of soccer that they can't enjoy this chapter in sports.
>>
File: majorleague4.jpg (45 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
majorleague4.jpg
45 KB, 500x273
>>67080115
The ignorance in this post is astounding.
>>
>>67072196

SUPER DEPOR
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.