[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tiger Woods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: tiger-earl.jpg (42 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
tiger-earl.jpg
42 KB, 620x413
How does this column make you feel, /sp/?

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death
>>
Read it earlier and it was very well done. Always could tell something was off after his dad died
>>
Does espee seem a little slow these days? I thought there would be some more conversation about this, there's some great banter here
>>
>>66988907

Article is a little long for the add autists here
>>
>He loves the Transformers and comic-book heroes; in the past, he's checked into hotels under the name Logan Howlett, which is Wolverine's human name in X-Men. When he booked his free-diving lessons in Grand Cayman, instructor Kirk Krack recalled, he reserved his spot under the name Eric Cartman.

>This all must have seemed insane to someone who just wanted to manage a great athlete: secret trips to military facilities, running around a golf course in combat boots, shooting guns, taking punches. That night after dinner, Steinberg took Tiger into his downstairs office, a room in his finished basement. What they talked about remains private. But this was the moment when Tiger could have connected the dots and seen how out of control things had become.

>To many people inside Tiger's circle, Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors wasn't as important to Tiger as it was to the golfing media and fans. He never mentioned it. Multiple people who've spent significant amounts of time with him say that. When Tiger did talk about it, someone else usually brought it up and he merely responded.

>The topic fascinated Woods. He'd long struggled to sleep, and when he wasn't texting or playing video games, he'd read, often military books about lone men facing impossible odds, such as Roberts Ridge or Lone Survivor, or books about theoretical physics and cosmology. The intro to Get a Grip laid out the basic rules of early science, from Newton and Galileo, focused on the concepts of friction and gravity. These had long interested him.

>Tiger hated that his dad cheated on his mom and cried to his high school girlfriend about it. His parents never divorced but moved into their own houses, and the only reason they still needed to communicate at all was their son's rising golf career; like many overachieving kids in a broken home, Tiger found early on that his talent could help create the family he wanted.
>>
Nuh uh, I ain't readin all of that shit
>>
>>66992326

>Both [SEAL Ben] Marshall and [John] Brown confirmed what happened next: Tiger grinned and agreed. Some other guys gathered around a raised area overlooking the shooting range. Marshall went first and hit a solid drive, around 260 or 270 yards. Tiger looked at him and teed up a ball, gripping the TaylorMade driver. Then he got down on his knees. He swung the club like a baseball bat and crushed one out past Marshall's drive. Tiger started laughing, and then all the SEALs started laughing, and eventually Marshall was laughing too.

>The sexual bravado hid his awkwardness around women. One night he went to a club in New York with Derek Jeter and Michael Jordan. Jeter and Jordan circulated, talking with ease to one beautiful woman after another. (Both declined to comment about the episode.) At one point, Tiger walked up to them and asked the question that lives in the heart of every junior high boy and nearly every grown man too. Woods: "What do you do to talk to girls?" Jeter and Jordan looked at each other, then back at Tiger, sort of stunned. Go tell 'em you're Tiger Woods, they said.

>"It was very, very serious," a friend told ESPN about Woods quitting golf to join the Navy. "If he had had a hot two years and broken the record, he would have hung up his clubs and enlisted. No doubt."

>At one point, [SEAL Ben] Marshall put him through a combat stress shooting course, making him carry a 30-pound ammunition box, do overhead presses with it, do pushups and run up a hill, with shooting mixed in. Tiger struggled with slowing his heart rate down enough to hit the targets, but he attacked the course. "He went all out," Marshall said. "He just f---ing went all out."
>>
>>66992369

>On July 22, he finished tied for 12th at the Open Championship, and then came home. In the weeks afterward, he'd announce that he'd ruptured his left ACL while jogging in Isleworth. His news release did not mention whether he'd been running in sneakers or combat boots. At the time, he chose to skip surgery and keep playing. Tiger's account might be true, as might the scenario laid out in Haney's book: that he tore the ACL in the Kill House with SEALs. Most likely, they're both right.
>>
>>66988541
everyone knows he's never been the same since
>>
>>66988541
Tiger is an asian in a black body living a white
>>
>>66992389

>Then there's the story of the lunch, which spread throughout the Naval Special Warfare community. Guys still tell it, almost a decade later. Tiger and a group of five or six went to a diner in La Posta. The waitress brought the check and the table went silent, according to two people there that day. Nobody said anything and neither did Tiger, and the other guys sort of looked at one another. Finally one of the SEALs said, "Separate checks, please." The waitress walked away. "We are all baffled," says one SEAL, a veteran of numerous combat deployments. "We are sitting there with Tiger f---ing Woods, who probably makes more than all of us combined in a day. He's shooting our ammo, taking our time. He's a weird f---ing guy. That's weird s---. Something's wrong with you."
>>
>>66992508
lel

Even a guy who has over 300 confirmed kills and trained in gorilla warfare is uncomfortable around Tiger
>>
File: twoods.jpg (101 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
twoods.jpg
101 KB, 630x1200
>>66992508

Fucking lel. New biopic when?
>>
>>66992508

>SEALs calling other people weird

lel
>>
Great read.

I think if you pulled back the curtain on any great, in any field or sport, you'd find a weird fucking person. Normalized people can get to the top but once there's no climbing left that's it, they level off or decline. The truly great people are obsessive and usually basketcases.
>>
>>66988541
Makes me feel like fapping to Holly Sampson.
>>
>>66992326
>instructor kirk krack

now come on
>>
Why'd he marry Elin anyways? Article makes it seem like she was just some broad that was along for the ride for the most part.
>>
File: tiger.jpg (60 KB, 464x594) Image search: [Google]
tiger.jpg
60 KB, 464x594
>>66994182

I think you can attribute Tiger's greatness and weaknesses all to his father. I'm pretty sure he married Elin and made a couple babies because that's what he's "supposed" to do. That's what his dad told him was normal.

I don't think he ever gave a fuck about her. I don't think Tiger has ever really cared about anyone other than his parents and his children. He has close family who he won't even talk to.

But Tiger woulda never been the great golfer if it weren't for his dad raising him in some super fucked up way that has Tiger all twisted up in Navy Seal fantasies and shit lel.

This was a good commercial with the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_X6BWJvGfo
>>
>>66995611

That and Hello World are the two best Tiger commercials
>>
Michael Jordan was directly responsible for his dads death but it only fucked him for one year
>>
>>66995707

Tiger's dad was his best and only friend.
>>
>>66995707
Michael wasn't directly responsible for his dad's death. Fuck off with your bullshit conspiracy theories.
>>
File: Untitled.png (574 KB, 596x747) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
574 KB, 596x747
Tiger is at Sage Valley right now where a junior amateur is ongoing and has apparently been hitting some balls. There's supposed to be some sort of announcement pretty soon and it could very well be Tiger announcing his return.

My body is ready.
>>
File: CgmQdZIUYAAI1oN.jpg (48 KB, 600x613) Image search: [Google]
CgmQdZIUYAAI1oN.jpg
48 KB, 600x613
We have an Eldrick spotting boys. Hold onto ur butts.
>>
>>66992508
What a fucking cheapskate
>>
>>66995707
what do you mean?
>>
>>66995919
Do SEALS make good enough money?

Pretty sure he made the right call tho, Tiger can pay for his own food, I'm not paying for his rich ass.
>>
>>66995959
Made it sound like Tiger didn't want to pick up the check for them.
>>
>>66995985
>Finally one of the SEALs said, "Separate checks, please."

Are you illiterate?
>>
>>66995994
>"We are all baffled," says one SEAL, a veteran of numerous combat deployments. "We are sitting there with Tiger f---ing Woods, who probably makes more than all of us combined in a day. He's shooting our ammo, taking our time. He's a weird f---ing guy. That's weird s---. Something's wrong with you."

Are you?
>>
There were quite a few people who saw Tiger at Sage Valley today. He was carrying drives well past 300 yards and looked good.

He's gonna be playing really soon bros. I wonder if he'll get his killer instinct back.

If he does, all these new wave dudes are beta as hell. They could never step to Tiger being Tiger.
>>
So does tiger have a BBC, a tiny Asian dick, or do they just average each other out?
>>
>>67003595

BBC apparently, but he's awkward as fuck. He might very well be autistic.
>>
>>67003878
Black on the outside, yellow on the inside
>>
>>67004096

Here's your tldr folks
>>
>>66995959
The SEALS make good money but it would've been obvious that Tiger should pick up a little dinner check. They took him out let him jump out of their planes and shoot their guns, and he's worth nearly a billion dollars and was too autistic to pay for probably a 150 dollar dinner tab.
>>
>>66988907
>>66988924
no its slow

probably because theres no football
>>
>>66992508
i can almost understand

i had a few friends who never had money and it just gets tiring when everyone wants money from you

but in this case he should have paid as they were doing him a favor
>>
>>66995707
proving MJ is the GOAT and Tiger is not
>>
I've always hated tiger and rooted against him but christ did this article make me feel bad for him.

Imagine being the absolute greatest in something and garners you all the respect and money in the world but it doesnt make you happy because you want to do something else entirely like get killed by muslims in Afghanistan. Plus, hes an autist who cant enjoy anything.
>>
>>67005175
Its slow because they banned everybody for OT discusision and turned it into reddit and killed the free flowing anything goes atmosphere that made this place great in te first place
>>
>>67003258
If he comes back and can channel even 50% of the old Tiger, its fucking over for everyone else.
>>
His biomechanics are so fucked, he will never be the player he was. I doubt he will win anything ever again.

also
>>67005555
checked
>>
He'll make it back, there will be a Sunday at a major where he is at least in contention. It will be glorious.
>>
>>66992326
>Marvelcuck
No wonder his career went down the tubes
>>
>used to hate tiger when he was on top
>absolutely love him now

He's the dark Knight that we deserve, but aren't ready for yet.
>>
File: CgpgkPwW4AA5Ji6.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CgpgkPwW4AA5Ji6.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
So he's hanging out with the junior players and spent his night playing games like pop a shot with them last night. He's either in a good place and giving back to the game's youth or he's a trainwreck.
>>
Bump - actual quality content
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.