[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (216 KB, 2000x2112) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216 KB, 2000x2112
How do we fix this?
>>
>>66984236

Steal players that can't make crack a 1st team in Europe. Entice these reserve players with mins on the pitch and USA money
>>
>>66984236
>Implying it needs fixing
Pretty comfy league right now, t.b.h.
>>
Kill it and don't replace it
>>
>>66984636

Why?
>>
>>66984661
It's an abomination and an embarrassment. Let it die.
>>
>>66984236
stop the "top league in 5 years" bs, it's never going to happen.
>>
Turn the MLS into an actual league and not a franchise. Considering how the league/franchises are financed, it's like FIFA's FFP on fucking-stupid-hard-mode.
>random European club actually swoops in and signs an MLS player
>league officials decide how much/whether or not your club is actually allocated any of the transfer fee
>same officials dictate where/to what club incoming players belong to
>arbitrary salary/wage limits
>having to give up players from your roster for expansion teams because lol how about another team in LA/NY/fucking anywhere at anytime

Seriously, who came up with all this shit?
>>
>>66984236

Get a team in St. Louis ASAP. The city was willing to put up $400 million in public money in order to keep the Rams and they still left.

That alone can cover an MLS expansion fee and a brand new stadium with money to spare
>>
>>66984283
This exactly. Take the young outcasts from bigger European teams and sign them up. Or take the top players from the Championship every year. While they can't play as much as a yuro club, they get to live in LA, NYC or Miami as opposed to Hull.
>>
Move it all to Europe. Only way some people will be satisfied.
>>
>>66985127
Nfl =/ Mls
>>
>>66984236
why exactly does it need to be fixed? I wish it had better tv coverage but I like the league
>>
>>66985078
What the fuck

Leave it to rich american jews to ruin everything
>>
File: fightandclaw.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fightandclaw.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>66984236
kill all the 'fans'
>>
Move it to the other side of the wall and execute any American fans.
>>
How about we just keep adding California teams? Seems like a great idea
>>
Americanize it, and a lot of problems are solved instantly. Stop using European terms for things, stop tacking on 'FC', every team needs an official nickname, allow real free agency, etc.
>>
Kill the entire system and start from the bottom up.
>>
Best teams play concachampions, mid table teams get sent to copa libertadores, and low table teams play In Copa MX.

Better comptetition Is what the league needs, the no one likes soccer meme Is stale viewer ratings and game attendance don't lie.
>>
You don't. Let it die already.
>>
>>66984236
Fix what?
>>
>>66985078

>tfw 8 fucking new franchises are expected
>>
>>66991241

No, we need a team in New Jersey.
>>
MLS doesn't need more teams, It nees better competition/coaches/youth academies.
>>
>>66993075
You must be fucking retarded, New jersey has the Red bulls
>>
>>66993419
>better competition
>can't beat the league next door
?
>>
Okay Americans, listen up.
I decided to help you

Here are the 7 golden points how you can make MLS great again or make it great for the first time rather:

1. Introduce a relegation system and a "Champions League" (Canadian, Mexican, Central American, Caribbean teams could join)
2. Tell sponsors to tell your main sports media to pay more attention to real football
3. Start calling it football instead of "soccer"
4. Stop trying to be European so much (no more "Real" team names etc.) and start developing an own culture
5. Stop telling rednecks that football is "unamerican" or "commie"
6. Get qt female reporters for your football coverage (as an eyecatcher for Americans who are not yet interested in the sport itself)
7. Don't build the wall and legalize the 12 million illegal Mexicans, who can help making the sport more popular in the US

You're welcome.
>>
>>66984236
the best soccer league in the world
>>
>how do we fix mls
>every poster in the thread doesnt watch mls

Ive seen this episode 1 hundred times
>>
The quality of MLS should be as good as the Brazilian and Argentina leagues.
I would be very happy with that.
>>
>>66984236
Let it die: soccer is for fags.
>>
>>66984236
What's wrong with it?

Someone tell me, I don't watch soccer.
>>
>>67005691
Not In a dozen years lad.
>>
>>66998312
there is a CONCACAF Champions League already
>>
Serve cheap beer at games

Add mexican teams to league

Have the bottom teams relegated

>literally this easy
>>
>>66998312
3 and 4 contradict each other
>>
fuck it. US already has better sports than f0-0tball
>>
>>66998312
WE ALREADY HAVE A FOOTBALL WHAT DON'T YOU EURO FUCKS UNDERSTAND?

Sorry had to let that out. The name is soccer here and always will be. Doesn't matter anyways.

Relegation / promotion won't work here. Can you explain how that would help grow it's popularly anyway? I can envision a team getting relegated and many fans will just stop supporting, seeing how North America has four other well established sports to choose from.

In short, you're ideas wouldn't work here. This isn't Europe.
>>
File: dafuh.jpg (3 KB, 141x106) Image search: [Google]
dafuh.jpg
3 KB, 141x106
>>67006526
> This isn't Europe.

> tfw Canadas still part of the commonwealth
>>
>>67006606
He's right though. Canada isn't Europe.
>>
>>67005952

>add mexican teams

Damn, that could actually work. Teams from Juarez, Laredo and Tijuana would improve the competition until the players families are inevitably kidnapped.
>>
>>67006638
>Implying that the European model won't work here

his country is still a part of that model

>Canada isn't europe

Are you sure your not retarded?
>>
>>66998312
>Introduce a relegation system and a "Champions League" (Canadian, Mexican, Central American, Caribbean teams could join)

There is already a champions league. All the teams who have ever won it are from Mexico lmao.
>>
>>67006606
That's just symbolic at this point. Culturally we are almost exactly like you guys. We're your little brother, like it or not. Europe is a cousin.

And we have MLS teams too if you didn't notice.
>>
>>67006807
Culturally yes. No doubt about that.

Legislatively, your parliament is very much based on the british/euro system.
>>
>>66992834
>stale game attendance

Attendance and viewership have been increasing steadily for years now. Does it need to have a better quality of play, yes. Does it need to improve its TV ratings? Yes. Are these aforementioned things declining? No. They are all improving.
>>
>>67006807
Love you too, Canabro! <3
>>
>>67006807
>And we have MLS teams too if you didn't notice.
We do?
>>
You can't fix something that is already fucked
>>
>>67007003
Montreal Impact and Toronto FC
>>
Blow it up.

USA has great potential in the soccer world but is going about it completely backwards.

US Soccer needs to focus on player development and getting players to Europe ASAP. Until we can grow our own real talent, there should be no thought of propping up a flawed league.

Once more and more top tier athletes begin to play soccer and it takes hold as a viable option for a professional career, then you can consider forming a grass roots junior-pro development league. Something similar to Canada's youth hockey system would work.
>>
>>66984236
I don't follow the MLS but what exactly is wrong with it?
>>
>>67019826
Nothing, OP just wants attention.
>>
>>67019826
>the MLS
It triggers autistic anons like >>67018083
With a post like that Garber must have fucked both his mother and his girlfriend in his bed while he was sleeping
>>
>>67006782
>DC '98
>LA '00
>Alajuelense '04
>Saprissa '05
>>
>>67018083
So get rid of the only thing that's helping to grow interest in soccer in the US and send everything over to Europe. 6/10 I'm a little mad.
>>
>>67019900
>>67027143

Look up the CHL. That's what we need.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.