[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme/obscure baseball player thread. 90s, early 00s preferred.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11
Meme/obscure baseball player thread.

90s, early 00s preferred.
>>
File: manlet supersoaker master race.png (399 KB, 903x566) Image search: [Google]
manlet supersoaker master race.png
399 KB, 903x566
>>
File: tXmXb0Z.jpg (18 KB, 340x455) Image search: [Google]
tXmXb0Z.jpg
18 KB, 340x455
Benny Agbayani tho
>>
jeff blauser
>>
todd zeile
>>
Steve Balboni

still holds the KC Royals single season HR record with 36
>>
>>66985403

This is a good one. Reminds me of the Padres franchise HR leader: Nate Colbert.
>>
>>66983610
Did the blind kids play "beep ball"?
A family fried of mine teaches at Texas School for the Blind and they play some weird baseball/kickball hybrid where the ball beeps. Apparently some of the blind kids are better than the teachers.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 600x489
The first game I went to at AT&T park the first year it was open, Marvin Bernard hit a walk off home run in extra innings against the Dodgers. It was legit
>>
Dewon Brazelton
>>
>>66985522
*Benard
>>
Esteban Yan
>>
>>66985520

Frank's school is meme af. Pic related

Beep ball sounds legit though.
>>
File: foreveryoung.jpg (50 KB, 312x272) Image search: [Google]
foreveryoung.jpg
50 KB, 312x272
Not that irrelevant but still greatly under-appreciated
>>
>>66985575
Yeah that's total meme tier. I can think of half the Indians lineup that might qualify as blind.
Look up beep ball senpai, blindfolded vs blind games are on YouTube.
I played high school sports for a private school and one year we had Texas School for the Deaf and Giddings State Juvenille School in our district. God damn was that a meme year of football.
>>
File: Craig-Counsell.jpg (165 KB, 864x1292) Image search: [Google]
Craig-Counsell.jpg
165 KB, 864x1292
>>66983610
>post yfw Craig Counsell batting stance
>>
>>66985649

Juvenile School as in delinquents? Sketch. How were the deafies compared to regular schools?
>>
File: hideo-nomo.jpg (935 KB, 1536x2297) Image search: [Google]
hideo-nomo.jpg
935 KB, 1536x2297
>>66985699
>Hideo Nomo pitching to Craig Counsell
kek kek KEK
>>
John Kruk
>>
>>66985739
Yes delinquents. The criminals were all kind of seedy on the field. Talked a lot of shit, but were all small and dirty. We had a shitty district, that's how we got stuck with them. We rolled the criminal school and afterwards, my coach had the brilliant idea of having a pizza dinner with them in the gym afterwards as a "minister" experience. The criminals were all cool as people, just dumbass kids who did dumbass stuff. They loved football but didn't have access to a proper weight room and their coaches sucked.
The deaf kids were all retard strength blacks and Mexicans, their tailback ran a 4.2 40 and was a track star. They'd have beaten us handily if it weren't for them all being, you know, retards.
The one thing they couldn't figure out was to keep an eye out on special teams. Every punt and kickoff there were multiple hits that the NCAA would be fined us for.
Then we spent the next week running all practice for picking on retards.
>>
>>66985799
Anyways my meme player is this guy. Utility infielder little guy who couldn't hit for shit but I saw him hit his first career home run in Cleveland off Felix Hernandez.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Inglett
>>
File: mgrissom.jpg (281 KB, 685x1024) Image search: [Google]
mgrissom.jpg
281 KB, 685x1024
Not a meme but pretty obscure desu senpai

Marquis Grissom, journeyman outfielder. I caught a home run he hit when he was on the Giants. He seemed like a pretty cool guy too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_Grissom
>>
File: 1457553221208.png (266 KB, 430x357) Image search: [Google]
1457553221208.png
266 KB, 430x357
>>66985829
i got into baseball as a little kid by watching Braves games on TBS. he was my favorite player
>>
>>66983610

I assume his school has a long and illustrious legacy as a major-league umpire farm?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.