[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Leicester actually manage to blow the title from here, will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: vardy.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
vardy.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
If Leicester actually manage to blow the title from here, will it be the single biggest choke in premiership history?
>>
>>66963985
>This does not Fucking Slip
>>
>We do not let it slip
>>
Newcastle 1995-96
>>
>>66963985
no, nobody expected them to be a challenger for the title to begin with
>>
Barcelona will have that honor this season.
>>
Newcastle and Arsenal have bottled lots of 7+ point leads
>>
>>66963985
>implying it's a choke

They got fucking refballed m8. If they don't win the prem, it's down to the FA.

If they STILL pull it off it will be the biggest prem win in history, if they don't, the English FA will have to feel the shame for decades.
>>
>liverpool
>>
west ham is pretty stronk in this meme season
>>
Slippery Steve would still be bigger I think
>>
>>66963985
Man Utd choked a bigger lead in 2012, didn't they?
Leicester can't choke because they have no expectations to meet, since they already overachieved like no team ever before
>>
I think the bigger question here is what if Leicester take the Leeds way out and fall into permanent irrelevancy by fighting for promotion out of league 1 or fighting for 6th in the championship?

How much will /sp/ laugh at them?
>>
>>66964329
Yeah, they had something like a 10 point lead with 6 games to go.
>>
>>66963985
Coming 2nd is still an excellent achievement though. They only got promoted to EPL last season and was nearly relegated.
>>
>>66963985
No, as no one really expected Leicester to win it until a month ago
>>
>>66964356
Not at all because /sp/ is a website which is inanimate and fundamentally incapable of laughing
>>
nah

if Barcelona let it slip though..
>>
>>66964357
It was 8 points with 6 games to go
Leicester had 7 point lead with 5 games to go
So this would be a bigger choke points wise but not expectations-wise
>>
The fact that they even made it to the europa league is absolutely phenomenonal so not really a choke
>>
>>66964329
Thing is United had City away in their remaining fixtures. Leicester don't face Spurs aby more so if they do fuck up it'll be a bigger choke.
>>
>>66963985
>someone actually allowed this creature inside of them

What's your excuse /sp/?
>>
Nah. If Vardy gets a further ban they'll have a legit excuse for not winning it.

The top 3 chokes would be:

Liverpool 13/14
Man Utd 11/12
Newcastle 95/96
>>
>>66964887
Even the most anally ravaged ABL has to admit that the Newcastle choke was bigger than the 13/14 Liverpool one.
>>
>team tipped for relegation at start of season
>manager tipped to be first to be sacked
>team whose target was to finish in 17th place or higher
>team ends up finishing 2nd or 3rd

"choke"
>>
>>66964945
Thing is, this is probably Leicester's biggest and best chance at winning the league. Once the big clubs get their shit together, Leicester will probably slip down the table a bit which will lead on to their best players jumping ship to other clubs.

If they don't win it now, it's very possible that they won't win it in another 5,10 even 20 years. So yes, it's a choke.
>>
>>66965420
You're trolling right?
>>
>>66965723
You're retarded right?
>>
>>66965723
So dumb. So so dumb.
>>
>>66964075
>in premiership history
learn to read, gitano
>>
>>66965420
That's not what choke means
>>
>>66965749
I'm not arguing that they're not going down from here on out, they are whether they win it or not. But there's no way I'd consider a team who should be getting relegated but get second after being first for so long a choke. They've overcome insane odds to make the champions league.
>>
>>66966013
It doesn't matter if they overachieved, the fact is that they have a big advantage in the title race and fucking that up is pretty much the definition of choking.
>>
a little thing called jealousy
>>
If that happens everyone will point to the West Ham debacle we all witnessed last Sunday. Had they secured those 2 points we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

And that's not to mention the fact that the club's leading scorer is out in a pretty much must win match against Swansea and possibly ManU because of said debacle. I would even venture to say that if Tottenham go on to win most outside fans would consider the title stolen from them based on those poor calls by the ref a few days ago
>>
>>66966126
Nah, most fans will just blame a stupid choice by vardy which it was.
If they don't go on to win it now it's because they just sent the best team over all
>>
>>66966257
Weren't *
>>
>>66966257
its not about that though. Most fans will agree vardy should have been given a yellow for the dive. But the first yellow in the match was an atrocity. Then the penalty on the corner that led to the Andy Carroll penalty goal. And yes I know they got the tying goal of a penalty as well but it was one of the worst officiated games of the season and Leicester got the short end of the stick with the Vardy suspension. tbqh im really only bootyblasted over the fact that he got 2 yellows and got suspended. I can deal with the 1 point and draw
>>
>>66966645
One game doesn't make a season. They have 4 must win games now, it's in their own hands
>>
File: 1459698403677.gif (495 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1459698403677.gif
495 KB, 250x186
>>66966645
>>66966120
>>66966126
>>66965749
>>66964574
>>66964556
>>66964538
>>66964356

americans go watch basketball
>>
Liverpool's choke wasn't as big as people are making it out to be. It was hilarious but they really did not have that much room for error.

United's 2012 or Newcastle's 1996 were much bigger chokes, just less memeworthy
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.