[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Goot moved wrestling over to /asp/? Can we just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 7
File: 4EApFij.jpg (48 KB, 383x367) Image search: [Google]
4EApFij.jpg
48 KB, 383x367
Remember when Goot moved wrestling over to /asp/?

Can we just take a moment to reflect on how much better this board is as a result? L

Also, please share a moment of silence for our /asp/ brethren - i just took a look and their entire catalog is packed to the gills with mandrama threads. It used to bea semi decent board to learn more about surfing, skiing, etc.
>>
I don't get why mandrama moved to /asp/ while it should clearly be on /tv/ or /a/
>>
I honestly don't notice any difference. I actually didn't even know it was a thing until people like you kept making threads about it.
>>
>>66943573
ikr these obsessed autists need to calm down
>>
Now we just need containment areas for /degenerategamblers/ and /cardrivingistotesasportguise/
>>
>>66943573
>>66943589
>mandrama faggots detected

Either that or you must literally never be here because those threads easily accounted for 20% of the catalog
>>
>>66943573
>>66943589
mandrama fags get out

this place is infinitely better without that garbage
>>
Soccerball spreadsheet simulator expulsion when?
>>
>>66943624
Maybe they just didn't use the catalog, which makes them even bigger faggots
>>
>>66943624
>>66943635
Jesus Christ you autists are dumb cancer, good job shitting up /sp/ even more than it already is.
>>
Wrasslin is more of a sport than autism manager
>>
>>66943641
/trb/ /bet/ /f1/ all keep to a single thread at any time
>>
american "sports" need to be moved as well desu
>>
>>66943624
And maybe I just ignored them?
I don't see why they would bother you, just don't fucking click on them
>>
I'd rather we bring all of /asp/ over here, rename it to /spg/, and then send all generals over there.
>>
>>66943729
/asp/ is literally nothing but generals, except for the mandrama threads

>>66943725
just take a quick glance at /asp/
>>
>>66943318
Can he also move this heem/mma shit to /asp/?
it clogs up the board more than fucking divegrass
>>
>>66943674
dont get upset now, lad
>>
I feel sorry for /asp/. /sp/ has enough posters for it not to be completely ruined by mandrama, whereas /asp/ just looks fucked now. RIP.
>>
>>66943748

And their generals will belong on /spg/. Generals are what's killing /sp/, not gay man soap operas or anything else discussed here. Move the generals to their own board like /v/ and /sp/ will come back to life.
>>
File: family_ties3.jpg (90 KB, 303x352) Image search: [Google]
family_ties3.jpg
90 KB, 303x352
>>66943717
>
>>
>>66943775
This, it really is sad to look at that board now. I feel bad for the people who used to post there.
>>
Holy fucking shit you weren't exaggerating when you said that their catalog is 90% mandrama
>>
>/sp/
>Good again

An /EPL/ thread can't even make 100 posts before reaching page 10 anymore
>>
>>66943318
Totally not worth it.
A couple less generals here in exchange for completely destroying a half decent board.
They should have just been forced to stay a general in /asp/ too.
>>
>>66943776
>Generals are what's killing /sp/
unfortunately this is true. i used to enjoy the nfl general just because it was a place to talk about the nfl without starting a specific thread that would only get 10 replies.

but nows they're basically a tripfag circlejerk.
>>
people who don't like generals should just move to reddit
>>
File: 1458072583876.jpg (5 KB, 234x230) Image search: [Google]
1458072583876.jpg
5 KB, 234x230
>>66943893
>>
>>66943776
So just move /sp/ generals on a different board together with /asp/ generals, you don't have to combine /asp/ and /sp/ for that.

>>66943881
This happens to all generals eventually
>>
>>66943881
>generals are the problem
>I liked generals before tripfags
Well aren't tripfags the problem then?
>>
>>66943893
-10/10

step up your game akmed
>>
>>66943911
um, you're right.
ban the tripfags
>>
>1) move mandrama to /tv/
>2) Chang /asp/ to /spg/ - sports generals
>3) move the generals and /sp/'s janitors to /spg/
>4) any and all decent threads from /asp/ move to /sp/
>5) briefly open applications for janitors on neoclassic /sp/

Would this make /sp/ great again?
>>
File: 1460670550199.jpg (159 KB, 1896x914) Image search: [Google]
1460670550199.jpg
159 KB, 1896x914
>>66943944
>open applications for janitors

no, pic related
>>
>>66943944
>Would this make /sp/ great again?
>again
>>
>>66943944

Can't move mandrama to /tv/ because it's an active board that would get flooded and destroyed as well. A separate board needs to be created for those rednecks
>>
>>66943958
By briefly I meant like 2 minutes tops 2bh
>>
Instead of asking for less moderation, you begged for more
>>
>>66943977
>make a /fight/ board
>all mma/wrestling bullshit to that board

fix0red
>>
>tfw the worst thing to ever happen to /sp/ was /q/
>>
>>66943994
>wrestling
>fight
Top jej.
>>
>>66944076
>implying mma is not fixed
>>
>>66944088
No more than current boxing.
However wrestling is not even fixed, it's directly an event instead of a match.
>>
>>66943775
This. /asp/ used to be one of my favourite boards. Now it's practically unusable because it's all mandrama and rest of the board moves really slow compared to the mandrama so threads get pushed off the board fast.

Mandrama really needs to either be on /tv/ or get it's own board. Preferrably /mandrama/ so the autist are contained to their on own board without ruining any other boards.
>>
I am still impressed by how smart Hirohito is. He managed to convince /sp/, a board known for being the most anti-moderation board, the lost cause, that tight moderation was a good thing because it meant the removal of a single thread.
>>
File: 76886758756567.png (155 KB, 324x284) Image search: [Google]
76886758756567.png
155 KB, 324x284
Getting rid of generals would save the board tbf.
>>
>>66943927
You don't want it, you don't want avatars or flags, to get attention. Trips are perfect because it's easy to ignore and to filter them, any other option is worse.
>>
>>66944064
actually the worst thing to happen to /sp/ was flags
>>
I legitimately can't comprehend how you could be a fan of "wrestling". Like, it's the most fucking autistic thing I can possibly think of. I get this strange uncomfortable feeling when I go to /asp/ and see grown men discussing who is the better "wrestler" and who they want to see win Wrestlemania Palooza or some shit, even though everyone knows it's fake as hell. I honestly have more respect and understanding for dudes watching Japanese cartoons about 8 year old girls with giant dicks than these hicks. MAYBE Bronies could compete with WWE fans for the most-disconnected-from-any-slither-of-reality belt, but atleast they are just Spergy NEETS being Spergy Neets. "Wrestling" fans actually have this deluded idea of them being manly alpha males, just because they watch sweaty, husky men talk about love, loss and loyalty as opposed to cute little ponies or feminine-dicked futa's. Atleast weeaboo's and bronies admit they're losers. It takes a special kind of bud light induced aneurysm to actually convince yourself WWE could be called a sport. Fucking Rednecks, man.
>>
>>66944123
I like how people think that getting rid of generals would achieve more than people making the same threads without general in the title.
>>
File: sports-events.png (68 KB, 1305x792) Image search: [Google]
sports-events.png
68 KB, 1305x792
>>66943609

Daily reminder that F1 is a bigger sport than all but one of your yank """sports"""
>>
>>66944164
You'd have a separate thread for each topic as they arise. Generals hide topics within them, restricting views/traffic about a particular topic only to those that are members of their tripfag circlejerk.
>>
>>66944191
>worldwide

HAHAHAHAHAAHA
>americans giving a shit if some poor paki in London is watching an mlb game

now do the same graphic in revenue akmed
>>
>>66944202
sounds like your jelly af that your not part of one of those circlejerks
>>
>>66944216
>jelly of people who beg for attention on 4chan.

Just fuck off to your subreddit and stop trying to kill a community that exsisted long before you.
>>
>>66943318
Generals are the culture you chose when you wanted extreme moderation

You can't remove generals now, people cling to them because of fear from deletion and banning from making your own thread.

And once you ran off a lot of the shitposters, whether from mandrama or from board culture shitposters, there are less people to keep your one off thread afloat.

NFL generals are lasting days now, instead of single threads about one off topics hitting bump limits.
Without the fun board culture threads to be continually refreshing the front page for, you have no reason to not be stuck in a singular general.

You chose this, now live with it
>>
>>66944164
It absolutely helps. I don't care about wrestlingshit, but just look at the OP mentality. Hurr durr this belongs over here, don't you dare post this outside of this designated area because we gotta be more organized like Reddit.
>>
>>66944202
>You'd have a separate thread for each topic as they arise.
No, you wouldn't. You don't have this now and like I said nothing will change. And you know why? because there is no difference between "eternal arsenal thread" and "new thread about arsenal, old thread here >>". There is no way you can remove generals without a single janitor per thread moderating everything and keeping things on topic.

>generals hide topics within them, restricting views/traffic about a particular topic only to those that are members of their tripfag circlejerk.
In which way? you can open a general and make a post.
I can't talk for American/sp/ but euro/sp/ has very few trips, if anything /sp/ was better when there was a lot of trips with their drama and circlejerk.

>>66944269
Wrestling had to post in one thread because autists lost their shit at wrestling threads.
>>
>>66944213
>adball makes more revenue than other sports

Also what does revenue have to do with popularity?
>>
The generals are also a symptom of the moderation on the board. If someone makes a thread that isn't strictly sports related, it's obviously going to get deleted and the poster will be banned. However, it seems like a higher degree of off-topic posting is tolerated in the generals, so they give people an outlet for that without fear of being banned
>>
>>66944318
This is just an illusion
You shoot the shit a little bit in the general, you come back 12 hours later to realize a fucking mod scanned the general and banned you.
>>
>>66944115
>wrestling on tv
pls no it's already 80% superhero shit
>>
>>66944318
not true, m8 the same happens in matchthreads

>>66944289
>In which way? you can open a general and make a post.
Just look at generals like /f1/ and /mls/ they have a complete separate culture then the rest of the board
>>
>>66944348
>moderating generals
For what purpose. I mean look at /int/ and /vg/: generals there are 90% shitposting, and the moderation basically gave up. What's the point of keep fighting for spee? The mods should stick to moderating non generals and removing pedoshit from game threads.
>>
>>66944378
>Just look at generals like /f1/ and /mls/ they have a complete separate culture then the rest of the board
And is that going to stop you from post? how is that hiding topics, restricting views?
>>
File: 1460669792091.jpg (45 KB, 405x519) Image search: [Google]
1460669792091.jpg
45 KB, 405x519
>>66944119
>a single thread
>>
>>66944396
/vg/ was literally made to remove those people from /v/, they are not moderate on purpose.
>>
Why do people hate generals? As an example, every time someone has a thought about the NFL in the offseason they should make a thread about it? Generals keep random stupid thoughts from shitting up the board. Why the fuck would you want to get rid of them?
>>
>>66944318
There's no doubt, it's what they want. It's easier to control everything that way. Even then, you see them over moderating even in the little camps they've built for you. /sp/ is pretty much dead nowadays so I barely even come here anywhere besides the NFL game threads and even then, they'll sit in the game threads deleting the dumbest shit and sometimes I basically stop posting because why bother.
>>
>>66944396
Because that's what the fucking retards asked for when they banished mandrama.
And now they have the gall to say generals are shit?
>>
>>66944423
And yet it's still a better board than /v/.
>>
Reminder that anti-mandrama fags were worse than mandrama fags and that they are indirectly responsible for the dead board culture we have to live with now
>>
>>66944467
>>>/asp/
>>
>>66943318
this board is still shit
>>
>>66944467
>he actually watches mandrama
>>
>>66944445
>because why bother.
Because you actually like posting? ban evading is low effort, it can kinda be a bother if you use a pass but that's as easy as deleting a cookie.
I don't understand why everyone seems so scared of being banned. Shit, even if you can't be arsed to evade at worst here you get banned from /sp/ only, try to shitpost on /a/ like we do during gamethread and you get a global ban.

>>66944455
That means nothing, /v/ is probably the worst board out there.
>>
>>66944436
Because some of us here have been here longer than a year and remember how glorious this board once was.

Discussion was huge, mixed in with pseudo sports discussion threads that went to the bump limit.

A big news story broke and we would have 5 identical threads posted and one would win out and the discussion would be great.

Now we have a general that about 5 posts talk about a news story and it's done back to meta tripfaggot talk.

Its a double edged sword, you want high turnout for discussion you gotta let people enjoy their stay.
>>
>>66944290
>popularity

is pop music the best since it's the most popular?

who cares about popularity? enjoy whatever sports you like.
>>
>>66944436
>As an example, every time someone has a thought about the NFL in the offseason they should make a thread about it?
Why does that bother you? That's pretty this site at its best. If you got something interesting to say, then by all means say it. If you make boring threads then they die, so who cares.
>>
>>66943776

This - generals basically kill every board they infect.
>>
>>66944503
>>66944506
Then you should complain about stickies, not generals. It's stickies the one thing preventing you from having 5 threads about the same huge thing.
Oh but wait, people actually beg for them.
>>
>shitting up the board while claiming everything else is the problem
Cool thread faggots
>>
>>66944506
>>66944503
Think of the Sanchez signing with bronco's in the olden days.

There would have been 10 threads with people posting OC and it would have just become a board bashing the bronco's because they are the owl winners. It would have been a shitstorm.

I didn't even realize it happened till I saw it on another website, while 4 tripfaggots kept talking amongst eah others like they were old friends

I sure love this sp
>>
>>66944506
So you think there is a lack of threads now?
>>
>>66944401
>post into a general without knowing the intricate memes they've come up with
>if you're lucky enough to get any responses they're either >>>/reddit/ or newfag
>>
>>66944550
Lack of discussion, which goes hand in hand with the speed and amount of threads.
>>
The 2010 world cup brought a lot of cancer to this board but then the 2012 olympics completely killed it and the flags made it worse too
>>
>>66944538

t. /hoc/ tripfag circlejerker who gets legitimately gets giddy when he's discussed and probably tells his coworkers about how popular he is there.
>>
>>66944551
At least some generals still have a little bit of spirit left, not the dead ones devoid of content like the NFL one
>>
>>66944577
Wrong, keep trying you fucking idiot
>>
>>66944551
Sounds like prime 4chan to me.
>>
>>66944522
Sticky don't appear often enough to shit up the board.

>>66944436
How is one occasional thread that dies out when not interesting anymore worse than having a continuous thread around just in case you want to say something about the NFL. Anything that's not worthwhile posting will not be posted, unlike what you have now where generals are just kept up by shitposts and useless posts.
>>
>>66944473
>>66944485

Nope, don't watch it. There were always more "waaah mods please make this my safe space" threads than mandrama shit.
>>
>>66944590
Reddit rejects like you need to go
>>
>>66944595
>Sticky don't appear often enough to shit up the board.
Because big news don't happen enough. When Cruyff died there were threads complaining because a mod didn't a sticky about it.
>>
>>66944574
The olympic influx of posters is what made /sp/ a fast popular board. Its what made it diverse.
The moderation has run all those posters off anon, it's why we have boring as fuck generals all day long.
>>
>>66944522
I don't see how stickies are the issue when we had them back then as well. Generals aren't the only reason this board is so shit. It's just a byproduct of the shit moderation after they put this board on lock down.
>>
>>66944625
>he thinks the olympic cancer draw was a good thing
wew
>>
>>66944646
>refmod supporter too stupid to realize he supports the suffocation of his own board
>>
>>66944625
The olympics attracted people from /v/ and other boards who didn't know how to post on /sp/.They ruined the balance we had before. Granted, it wasn't as bad as Mootdusky.
>>
>>66944615
So what is your point? Stickies don't happen often enough to shit up the board? The problem isn't sticky then now is it?
>>
/sp/ always had generals. fuck off newfags.
>>
>>66944675
>>66944638
My point is that generals are not the problem, removing generals wouldn't fix shit, and that the problem are the posters.

My point is that the posters are so stupid that they complain about generals when they want more stickies.

My point is that the posters are so stupid they complain about moderation while cheering the ban of wrestling threads.

My point is that the posters are so stupid that they are unable to make intersting threads about sports and decide to blame everyone but themselves.

My point is that the posters are so stupid they don't realize that most people are here to talk with each other and not to talk about sports.

Do I need to go on?
>>
>>66944666
And after it was all said and done, most people left, but we gained a huge amount of new sports fans who created a dynamic fast board with OC.
>>
>>66944488
>That means nothing, /v/ is probably the worst board out there.
It does mean something. If the result of removing two of the perceived causes of /v/ shittiness (generals and undermoderation) is an actually better board than the original, then maybe those two things weren't the issue to begin with.
Same with spee. The generals and lack of moderation aren't issues, they're strengths.
>>
>>66944734
Nope, we got a huge amount of newfolk who though this place was a new /b/. This place was never supposed to be fast, in fact it's too fucking fast as it is.
>>
>>66944777
People like you are why this board is dead.
>>
>>66944799
You have no idea what a real dead board is.
>>
>>66944726
so none of your points make sense? Good to know
>My point is that generals are not the problem, removing generals wouldn't fix shit, and that the problem are the posters.
Nothing but empty assumptions without reasoning
>My point is that the posters are so stupid that they complain about generals when they want more stickies.
A one time event doesn't make it a regularly thing. Big news happens all the time and people don't beg for stickies for those events
>My point is that the posters are so stupid they complain about moderation while cheering the ban of wrestling threads.
How is banning a completely irrelevant, spammed and big thing related to the micromanagement moderation that is currently happening?
>My point is that the posters are so stupid that they are unable to make interesting threads about sports and decide to blame everyone but themselves.
There are interesting threads about sports everyday and non of them are generals, even news in generals is boring as fuck and don't cause a lot of discussion, so this argument is again based on nothing
>My point is that the posters are so stupid they don't realize that most people are here to talk with each other and not to talk about sports.
This is exactly the opposite of what 4chan embodies. Anonymity and random conversations are what define 4chan. If you want to circlejerk with your boyfriends go to reddit or any other sports forum.
>>
>>66944816
After going through the glory years here, it's pretty safe to say this place is fucking trash now.
The only people why disagree haven't been around long enough to realize just how far this place has fallen.
>>
>>66944846
>Nothing but empty assumptions without reasoning
I already explained why.

> Big news happens all the time and people don't beg for stickies for those events
They do all the time

>How is banning a completely irrelevant, spammed and big thing related to the micromanagement moderation that is currently happening?
it shows that people don't want less moderation, they want less moderation for things they like.

>There are interesting threads about sports everyday and non of them are generals, even news in generals is boring as fuck and don't cause a lot of discussion, so this argument is again based on nothing
It's a good thing to read this, because people were blaming generals for killing interesting threads. If there are so many good threads there is no need to ban generals.

>Anonymity and random conversations are what define 4chan
Not really. Boards have topics and we have the possibility to use trips for a reason, what define 4chan is that this place has (or should have no memory or archive).
And you call it circlejerk, what exactly do you think the sports bar analogy was about? people come here to talk, a lot of people use sports only as an excuse to have a conversation.

>>66944877
Yes yes, everyone who doesn't agree with you is a newfag.
>>
>>66944918
>Yes yes, everyone who doesn't agree with you is a newfag.

Or they were just the whiny faggots who cried for moderation when they couldn't hide a thread they didn't want to see on /sp/.
Cut off their nose to spite their face and are now suffering the repercussions of it.
>>
There are two mindsets out there as to how /sp/ should be run. People generally fall into one of two camps:

1. /sp/ should be all sports, all the time
2. /sp/ should be like a sports bar or sports radio station, where sports talk predominates but other non-sport topics are discussed during lulls.

For a long time /sp/ was run according the the second principle, but in the past couple years the mods have been operating the board according to the first way. Regardless of how the board is run, there's bound to be people unhappy, but a lot of people (myself included) were accustomed to the beauty of /sp/ when it was run the 2nd way and haven't found the new way the board is run as enjoyable.
>>
>>66945066
The board's post rate has fallen off massively since they ramped up the moderation. The faggots who endlessly spammed /q/ for six months to get moot to crack down turned out to be only a very small, very unrepresentative minority of /sp/ posters.
>>
>>66943696
>>66943609
>>66943701
they're next desu
>>
>>66944726
I don't agree. There is nothing of value to generals. Removing them isn't an instant fix, because it isn't the root cause of why the board is sunken so low, so stop bringing that up. It's certainly a first step towards recovery, however. Your entire argument is, well, it's all your faults. Well, that's tough when the mods literally said they hate everything about you and set out to put you in your place. You basically have two options nowadays, love what they've done to the place, or just let it rot. Great board atmosphere. On the brighter note, at least many other boards don't have such shit moderation and people so willing to take the cock up their asses like this one, so we don't have to leave the site altogether.
>>
>>66944918
>I already explained why.
Your only argument was: oh yeah but than what about stickies?
>They do all the time
Name one more other than the Johan Cruijf one
>it shows that people don't want less moderation, they want less moderation for things they like.
It shows that people don't want their board to be shit up by continuos non-sports spam. It doesn't have anything to do with moderation of non-sports content themselves, as long as it doesn't fuck up the rest of the board.
>It's a good thing to read this, because people were blaming generals for killing interesting threads. If there are so many good threads there is no need to ban generals.
The only reason interesting threads still exist is because /sp/ isn't completely taken over by generals, unlike /int/
>Not really. Boards have topics and we have the possibility to use trips for a reason, what define 4chan is that this place has (or should have no memory or archive). And you call it circlejerk, what exactly do you think the sports bar analogy was about? people come here to talk, a lot of people use sports only as an excuse to have a conversation.
>Supports tripfags
Just leave, you have clearly no idea what this board is about. Anonymity is literally the biggest key function of 4chan. The problem with generals is that it's not a sports bar, it's becoming a friends group of the same people talking about each other aka tripfag circlejerking. That's not what a sports bar pertains.
>>
>>66943543
>/a/
Not moe enough
>>
>>66943717

/hoc/ is safe if that happens so go for it. Its the only reason I come to /sp/
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.