[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the thing about arsenal is that they always try to walk it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>the thing about arsenal is that they always try to walk it in

genuinely curious what does this mean?
>>
set up too many passes to get inside the box/dribble too much rather than taking a chance and just booting it
>>
When they get near the oppositions goal they tend to pick the ball up with their hands and attempt to walk it in (which is worth 1 point) instead of kicking like everyone else (worth 3 points)
>>
>>66937963
It's something casual soccer fans say when they can't diagnose the reason a team sucks or when they just refuse to admit that they suck.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>66937963
I'm creeped out just warned this episode today. Op are you gof?
>>
What was Wenger thinking bringing Walcott on that early?
>>
>>66938018
>>66938026
>>66938228
>>66940081
>>66940091

all these >tf >tts

can we get someone in hear that knows what theyre talking about
>>
>>66938228
>t's something casual soccer fans say when they can't diagnose the reason a team sucks
No it's not, it's just a footballing term/cliche

>>66937963
they literally take one too many touches, or one too many passes. they like to create chances that equals in a tap in rather than getting a shot away early.
>>
It means they take too many touches around the box to get it into the goal. Lukas Podolski, one of the best finishers, and most powerful strikers of the ball in world football was eternally benched at Arsenal because he often liked to shoot outside the box.
>>
they are known for faffing around with the ball when all it needs is someone to lash it at goal
>>
>>66940104
>all these >tf >tts
The first guy is right though.
>>
>>66937963
>>66940104

"Walk it mean" means where you get so close to the goal before shooting that you're basically walking the ball into the goal

It means they're too hesitant to shoot, especially from range.

I don't know if it's true. I do know that Arsenal need to invest in a good striker though. Giroud is good but not good enough to carry them to the title.
>>
They constantly try the intricate pass between half the defence's legs and don't just fucking shoot. The reason Sanchez has had a shocker of a season is because he has started playing like this, aswell as Ozil
>>
>>66949965
>The reason Sanchez has had a shocker of a season is because he has started playing like this, aswell as Ozil
You know nothing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.