[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this season the best spurs side of all time? will they actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: coys.jpg (38 KB, 644x428) Image search: [Google]
coys.jpg
38 KB, 644x428
is this season the best spurs side of all time? will they actually hold onto their GOATs?
>>
>>66907547
>the best spurs side of all time

Not even close. This is arguably their best team in the last 25 years though.

>will they hold onto all their GOATs

Yes, but they'll leave eventually
>>
Best of recent times

Yes
>>
Best "team" in the premier league era as the manager is part of the team
09-12 spurs had better players though

They'll hold onto their players no problem, its poch that's the worry. He had no problem ditching his Southampton project and the same could happen again
>>
>>66907547
Waitng for that aguerooooooo moment desu
>>
>>66914754
>09-12 spurs had better players though
They had better top players like Modric, Bale or van der Vaart (when he was still good) but they had some real shitters making regular starts like Bassong, Kaboul, Assou Ekotto, Hutton, Sandro, Livermore etc.

This team is definitely more even and well rounded and I'd say it has more overall talent.
>>
>greatest spurs lineup of all time
>trophyless

Jej
>>
>>66914754
He had no problem as they were looking to sell his players, he was nearly gone before that with the chairman saga
His time at Southampton is non comparable
>>
>>66914754
>He had no problem ditching his Southampton project and the same could happen again

The Southampton project was in a much weaker position tbf, they had no way of paying the wages required to keep guys like Schneiderlin on the team. But I agree that Pochettino would leave Spurs in a heartbeat if Real Madrid came calling. Hopefully Zidane will last a few seasons there at least.
>>
>>66918315

Better attitude/mentality overall as well, the 2009-12 Spurs teams would have collapsed and dropped out of the top 4 after losing to Leicester in February.
>>
>>66907547

mid late 1980s Spurs was better

Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles, Allen etc
>>
>>66907547
The Spurs side of 1961-63 that won the league, back-to-back FA Cups, the Cup Winners Cup and lost 4-3 in the semis of the European Cup to Eusebio's Benfica was slightly better I think.
>>
>>66907547
Best overall team I've seen in my lifetime (20). I don't feel like we're just going to completely fucking crumble if we concede, the defence is tight, mentality is great and they play some amazing football.

They'd beat the Redknapp team comfortably.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.