[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people from cities with multiple football clubs decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 140.jpg (53 KB, 565x424) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
53 KB, 565x424
How do people from cities with multiple football clubs decide wich one they support?
for example: if you are from London, what makes you root for chelsea or arsenal or tottenham or whatever?
Parents? the part of the city where you live? or is it just up to personal taste?

Thanks
>>
i don't know but nice intergers
>>
>2016
>watching soccer

Why do people do this?
>>
>>66899099
thanks for your input.
>>
>>66899033
>Parents? the part of the city where you live?
Obviously these. Personal taste just makes you a faggot. I've met more Arsenal fans from South London and the Home Counties than I have from North London though so it doesn't seem to bother many peple.
>>
simple
if you live in london, you bandwagon Liverpool or Man utd, unless you live right next to the stadium
>>
I was almost born like this.
I honestly can't remember if I ever was not a Sporting fan, witch is strange since I only saw them win something when I was like 18 yo.

My uncle bought me a venfika shirt when I was very young (my father always had this opinion that he should let me choose my club) and I immediately threw it in the garbage. I was like 3 or 4, I can't even remember it properly.

I dunno, I saw other clubs win tons of titles and it didn't bother me, my love was elsewhere. It also felt fucking unreal when we won the league in 2000.
>>
Usually parents or location.
I live in Birmingham and support West Brom because my dad was a Black Country lad, and that's who he supported.
If, for example, your parents were Everton supporters and you decided to support Liverpool, I can't imagine them being too pleased.

>>66899144
>>66899158
This annoys me so goddamn much. My friends in secondary school mostly supported teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal, even though they have no connection to them. Have so much less respect for them.
>>
>>66899144
is there like a general rule of thumb?
like east london = tottenham
west london = chelsea

(this of course just being examples)
>>
>>66899033
Depends who's better at the moment.
>supporting shit teams just to be a contrarian faggot
>>
>>66899379
>"Supporting" whoever is popular
Disgraceful
>He's American
That makes sense
>>
>>66899033

A combination of club and fan base tone, geographical, political, and economical are all factors that can push a person to supporting one club or another. Look in your own cunt at Hamburg for example. HSV and St. Pauli represent this well, and are completely different from eachother.
>>
>>66899211
tottenham is in north london
>>
>>66899471
>"Supporting" whoever is popular
>Disgraceful
This is how kids choose.

And later in life some people realize they chose like this as kids and become ashamed of it and they do this
>>66899379
>>
File: london 2.jpg (118 KB, 700x890) Image search: [Google]
london 2.jpg
118 KB, 700x890
>>66899033

>London

Most West ham fans dont live in London but lives in Essex(which is just outside London)

>Arsenal

Glory hunters but dont want to be accused of being a Glory Hunters

>Chelsea

Pure glory hunters and tourist

>The rest of the London teams

Geography based support and because of Parents

Source: Im from London
>>
>>66899033
Looking at that photo and not knowing the context, but isn't that a major fire hazard?
>>
In Belo Horizonte (Brazil) there are three teams, sharing for the most part two stadiums.

For the two relevant teams, Atletico and Cruzeiro, it will most likely boil down to three three factors:

1. If your dad, brothers, your uncles or your cousins are hardcore supporters they will indoctrinate you from the youngest age, buy you the jersey, take you to the stadium and guarantee you don't stray from the right path. This pretty much ensure you will support their club and will pass it along to your kids, nephews and cousins.

2. Assuming the former doesn't happen it will boil down to the geographic area inside the city. Some neighborhoods are mainly for Atletico while others are for Cruzeiro. You end up going for the team most of your classmates support and sometimes a critical mass is achieved they pretty much ensure life is hell for supporters of the other team.

3. If the above conditions are not present it will pretty much boil down to the team with the most exposure in your formative years. In the 90's and 00's Cruzeiro won a buttload of titles and kids without any other influence became supporters. In the 10's Atletico consistently beat Cruzeiro, signed Ronaldinho Gaucho and won the Libertadores with him in the squad so many kids went for Atletico.

And that's it. Peer pressure by family, mates or media pretty much decides it.
>>
>>66899033
Also can we blame someone who lives in a place with no team to bandwagon a random team ?
>>
>>66902675
That's maritime signal fires (whatever its name is), they are supposed to make lots of smoke, to burn bright without a big flame. They need to be seen but without burning the boat down.
>>
it is in DNA
>>
rangers, because Im no a fenian bastard
>>
File: 2-buenos-aires.jpg (70 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
2-buenos-aires.jpg
70 KB, 350x400
my brother made me a fan since i was a kid, and a neighbor did the same with him b4

altho i know some bandwagoners who switched teams in their teens
>>
You are born the club you are. It's hereditary.

Here in Argentina everyone supports from a team of Buenos Aires(Boca, River, Independiente, Racing or San Lorenzo) even if they don't live in that city, and also support a local team.

I was born in Tucuman and support Atletico Tucuman, but also Independiente(Because of family). But I was thinking I should just stop supporting Independiente, I don't think it's correct to support two teams even if I was raised that way and almost everyone here does the same.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.