[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, are they really the best in the world at sports now or is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-04-15-17-19-07.png (11 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-15-17-19-07.png
11 KB, 1920x1080
so, are they really the best in the world at sports now or is this a meme that will likely soon pass?
>>
they are decently above average at almost everything, GOAT at pretty much nothing, from the sports that are played not only within 2-3 countries
>>
>>66846241
maybe boxing now
>>
>>66846321
nope, not a single legit champ outside of Fury, who'll probably lose his belt within 1 year.

Nicaragua alone is more goat at boxing than Brits
>>
File: England Dodgeball.jpg (44 KB, 624x266) Image search: [Google]
England Dodgeball.jpg
44 KB, 624x266
We'll find out this weekend once and for all lad
>>
>>66846336
Who decides who is legit?
>>
>>66846336
We have like 12 champions across all the weights mate
>>
I'd say they are best but I might be a tad biased
>>
>le can't be le amerilards in divegrass """""""country""""""""
>best in the world at sports

"no"
>>
>>66846578
Beat you by proxy after you lost to a food dip while we were beating the world champs
>>
>>66846578
Are you retarded?

Please type in coherent sentences if you can.
>>
>>66846410
holding a relevant belt, being ranked as a p4p, being ranked in the ring, being generally acknowledged by boxing fans who actually follow the sport that you're the best in the division.

As I said - it only applies to the Heavyweight division right now, but not for long
>>
>>66846336
Roman Gonzalez does not match 12 different champions across multiple weightclasses
>>
>>66847422
10 nobodies including 1 who's evidently ducking Rigo, a Kell Brook who isn't really the best in the division and a legit champ, Sir Tyson Fury

the fact that you went by "Roman Gonzalez" instead of just calling him Chocolatito shows how clueless you are. I'll tell you again - in relevant, good divisions, UK isn't the best. There are things we call "paper champs" and most of those 12 "champs" are paper champs. Not P4P, not holding a relevant belt, not being considered top 3 in their divisions even, not even top 5.

I could make a decent argument for USA, Russia and Ukraine being at the moment better than the UK, especially in competitive divisions at the moment

Boxing is very diverse and there is no real best nation out there. Only USA was once that
>>
>tfw born in the wrong era
>tfw witnessing America's decline in everything
>>
>>66846241

Objectively England is the best sporting nation in the world if one considers all sporting disciplines

I know it's "not fair" that America or Russia do not play Commonwealth sports but that's not England's problem, all we can do is continue to be excellent
>>
They're shit but based on their population they're actually punching about their weight big time.

muh per capita is correct
>>
>>66846241
Best in tennis - davis cup
Best in football - city and liverpool in semis, plus favourites for the euros.
Best in boxing - AJ and Fury
Best in Darts - Phil the power Taylor
Best in golf - Englands brave Danny Willet saw off the yank scum.
Best in rugby - grand slam
>>
>>66847803
>Best in rugby - grand slam
the OP was asking best in world, not europe.
>>
>>66847803
Scotland cucked u for 2 of those.

Davis Cup and Darts
>>
>>66846336
SHAT AP RUDEBOI
>>
>>66847999
BETTER THAN AJ?
>>
>>66846336

Who is Anthony Joshua?
>>
File: Capture.png (19 KB, 607x361) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
19 KB, 607x361
>>66846241

Per capita yes. Overall, probably not.
>>
>>66846495
>We
Which part of England are you from, m8?
>>
>>66848138
Downtown England m8
>>
>>66848128
nah australia still better per capita
>>
>>66847939
Englands brave Andy Murray begs to differ.

>>66847894
Is there anything outside of Europe?
>>
>>66848279
Are you retarded?
>>
>>66847803
>favourites for the euros
If only you didnt actually have to play the tournament where you'll inevitably choke
>>
>>66848569
aussies are the actual best at cricket, also field hockey, one of the top 3 in rugby, best in asia at soccer, do well in the olympics(usually far better than england per capita, often in gross also, down year last time), produce some very good cyclists and tennis players and golfers and even have several players in a number of other sports like basketball and baseball, all while two of their three most popular sports are basically australia exclusive

based big strong australians
>>
>>66848670
How many world cups do you have?

*Sits in smugness*
>>
>>66848701
Not only some very good golfers but the number one ranked golfer in the world. Thank you big strong american.
>>
>>66848718
When was the last time you won a world cup in any sport?
>>
>>66848792
2015. Davis cup in tennis. Check m8.
>>
>>66848792
You're the world's basement, m8.
>>
>>66848701
>A country which invented pointless sports so that they can be the best at them
>>
>>66848857
Was just a question m8 theres no need to be so upset. I dont necessarily think that just because you invent a sport you should be automatically expected to get past the group stage.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.