[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Justify having a 162 game regular season. Protip: you fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: smugs.jpg (63 KB, 621x720) Image search: [Google]
smugs.jpg
63 KB, 621x720
Justify having a 162 game regular season. Protip: you fucking cannot.

Justify having a 162 game regular season summed up in a 1 game playoff series.
>>
Git gud
>>
all the unions for the lighting and the public transportation would throw a bitch fit if they got 20-30 days of work taken away from them
>>
>>66830393
the record tracking will be fucked if they change the number of games.
>>
More games=more bench spots= more jobs
If you miss a game for whatever reason it's no big deal
Gives a better sample to evaluate true talent

Gives more winning teams a chance at making the playoffs
Creates a great "winner-take-all" scenario that encourages non-partisan fans to watch the wild card game
Guarantees we get a showdown of two aces in essentially a game 7
>>
>>66830393
>Justify having a 162 game regular season.
so I can watch baseball all day every day for 6 months

>Justify having a 162 game regular season summed up in a 1 game playoff series.
>>66830486, win the division
>>
>>66830393
>shitting on basedball

literally what sport do you watch faggot, nigger hoop?
>>
>>66830393
There's nothing we can about the 162 games, I agree it's bullshit tho

Both the WC and division series should be a best of 3
>>
You take that risk when you don't win the division. Honestly you're lucky enough to have that privilege of the wildcard. Could just have a free first round for the two leagues best records and you can go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>66830623
>>Justify having a 162 game regular season.
>so I can watch baseball all day every day for 6 months
this. the game doesnt need to cater to anyone. if you dont like it dont watch it.
>>
>>66831298
WC should be bo5, everyone other series after should be bo7 to lessen the inherent randomness of the sport as much as possible

Having a 162 game season and then a 1 game series in the playoffs afterwards is extremely autistic. baseball has more variance than any other top level sport and the real reason they don't expand the length of the playoffs to make it like the NBA and cut the regular season is because they know people would get tired of that much boreball and it'd look horrible when they're struggling with ticket sales in the playoffs
>>
every baseball series should be at least best of 5
>>
>>66832543
Everyone knows the playoffs are a crapshoot. MLB should adopt the EPL model and crown the regular season champ.

The playoff games are an errorfest where players dance around to stay warm and no one can get a proper grip on the ball. It's great fun if your team is in it. Otherwise it's the lowest quality baseball you will see all year. There's a reason playoff viewership is so low.
>>
>>66830582
>nobody responded to this
Classic /sp/ never change
>>
>>66830393
baseball isn't that physically demanding so players can handle playing 162 games a year
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.