[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when you realize he only won his own championships AFTER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: kobe-coach-k.png (337 KB, 390x343) Image search: [Google]
kobe-coach-k.png
337 KB, 390x343
>when you realize he only won his own championships AFTER 2008 Olympics, where Coach K instilled a sense of leadership and courage that lasted with him the entire rest of his career
Kobe is the biggest "What if?" of all time
What if he had went to college and learned from any great coach he wanted?
It took Curry 3 years, in an era where 1 and done's rule the league.

Kobe was not only the hardest moves to guard one on one, but if he had 2k stats in 1996, his potential would be 99

was this thread worth making? idk
did I make it? yeah
mamba out
>>
>>66809127
He's literally not the biggest what if of all time, fucking kill yourself. You had 20 years to make this thread and you only made it because ESPN reminded you he exists. Fuck off idiot.
>>
If those happened he would likely not have been a laker and likely not have won his first 3 rings, he would also have lost a decent amount of points toward his total and some other factors.

Nah, i think he's a great player and when he won in 09 and 2010 it cemented the fact it can't all be attributed to his on-court chemistry with Shaq, his 07 scoring title, 81 point game and stuff is just gravy.

5 rings, 3rd all time scoring champ and longevity are his big 3, none of which are improved by spending time in college
>>
>>66809208
>>66809331
curry cucks,
mamba out
>>
>>66809208

Honestly, as good as Kobe's career had been, with a bit of luck he could have ended up as the unquestioned greatest.
>>
>>66809127
Nah, I can sign off on that. I'm usually violently opposed to kids skipping college-- because they're taking money over not just the education, but the valuable and necessary athletic skillset they need to compete at the next level.

You make that jump, you think your shit don't stink, and while usually that backfires (D-Wade, T-Mac, KG), Kobe had the goddamn LA market and Jerry Buss to market him.

Greatest? Not close, but the news story will get clicks today so I guess we have to put up with it. But with Jerry Buss dead, the Lakers are fucked forever and Kobe gets to ride off into the sunset on his rape-horse, I guess.
>>
no, nigger, they got rid of cake-thrower kwame for pau
>>
>>66809889
He's had a ton of luck, more than almost anybody, how much more help does he need? He's had the career he's had. His playstyle never lead to Must Watch TV the way Jordan did, his teams were not beloved the way Jordan's Bulls or even Magic's Lakers were. It takes more than stats and rings to be consider the GOAT, it also takes the right kind of personality, and Kobe didn't have it for 90% of his career. It was only the last few years when he was more accepted and that was Old Man Kobe, Get Off My Lawn Kobe.
>>
>>66809921
D Wade played in college you absolute fucking cretin.
>>
>>66809921
a few national championships and a good coach instilling virtues in him would've made a world of difference
>>
you mean after they traded for Pau
>>
>>66809981

Kobe's prime was easily Must Watch TV, but his shitty team turned most viewers off. Also, the CP3 trade and lack of consistent coaching slowed his career significantly. Put him on the Spurs and he'd easily be GOAT.
>>
>>66809127
>his own
>implying those weren't won by Pau
>>
File: 1455135830125.gif (3 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1455135830125.gif
3 MB, 330x270
>>66809127

>his own championships
>>
>>66810271
Nah, I love Kobe but his game was a lot of hero ball during a time when a lot of teams had some kind of hero ball idiot. It wasn't anything special, he just looked better doing it.
>>
>>66810865
AI was the best hero ball
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.