[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if this was yuropean soccer the nba season would be over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1400561957747.gif (1 MB, 295x255) Image search: [Google]
1400561957747.gif
1 MB, 295x255
Reminder that if this was yuropean soccer the nba season would be over
>>
Thank god basketball is not as gay as divegrass. That is one thing America always gets right.
>>
>he enjoys free throw contest unironically
American sports :
Furpuck > handegg > Lacrosse >>>>> apehoop >>>> boreball
>>
Reminder that GSW could feasibly not be champions despite being by far the best team over the course of 82 games
>>
>>66806926
Reminder that the NBA playoffs last for entirely too long, and the first round is completely pointless and not compelling at all because literally half the teams in the league make it.
>>
>>66813402
Yeah. It's awesome.
>>
Imagine if Leicester lost a playoff game to reball against someone like shitty after all that hard work
>>
Apart from league football there are Champions and Europa League (knockout tournaments)
>>
>>66813754
How many teams are in the league?

And what's the minimum amount of wins a team needs to make the playoffs?
>>
so what ur saying basically is everything so far has been completely pointless?
no wonder noone turns up to the stadium
>>
>>66806926
>play shit all season
>win in the end

Sounds fair to me.
>>
>>66806926
Reminder we have cup competitions as well as league competitions so no it would not be over.
>>
Daily reminder only NIGGERS and hipster white kids (faggots) like apehoop
>>
>>66813780
Better to go out in a blaze of glory than win with a wet fart.
>>
>>66813790
Actually the statement that half the teams make it is incorrect. There's 30 teams in the NBA divided into two 15-team conferences. The top 8 teams from each conference make the playoffs. So more than half the teams make it.

There is no minimum number of wins.You can totally make it in with a sub .500 record as long as there are 7 teams worse than you in your conference. This is why the NBA playoffs are a joke.
>>
File: 1399745697241.jpg (56 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1399745697241.jpg
56 KB, 504x470
I wish the NBA season was over, I have to deal with the niggers in the cubicles next to mine talk about the fucking NBA for 3+ hours a day and it's getting fucking tiring.
>>
>>66806926
I would actually be ok with that. I think for basketball, having playoffs don't make much sense because there are so many games and they make long stretches of the regular season meaningless. The NBA should go use the traditional baseball format, where the team with the best record in each conference is crowned conference champions and the two play one another in a Finals series.
>>
>>66814070
So you'd have:

>2010: Cleveland vs LA
>2011: Chicago vs San Antonio
>2012: Chicago vs San Antonio
>2013: Miami vs OKC
>2014: Indiana vs San Antonio
>2015: Atlanta vs Golden State
>2016: Cleveland vs Golden State
>>
>>66813780
>you now remember the 2002 Sacramento Kings
>>
File: D Rose Not Impressed.webm (212 KB, 552x508) Image search: [Google]
D Rose Not Impressed.webm
212 KB, 552x508
>>66814070
>tfw Derrick Rose might still be good if the NBA used this system
>>
File: 1360323789051.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1360323789051.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>66806926

>if it was a different sport then things would be different
>>
>18-1 would have never happened
>>
>Americans are so cucked they're ok that their sports are not about determining who the best team is
>They don't mind that their sports are more about ratings and marketing than they are about competition between athletes
>>
>>66806926
Baseball used to be this way too. Then they introduced an exhibition series between the two league champions, the World Series. That got such a mixed reaction that one year the NL champion Giants declined to play the exhibition. But over time the World Series came to be seen as the new championship. Then they introduced league championship series, essentially semi-finals. Then another round of playoffs with a wildcard. And so on and so on.

It ruined baseball. Divegrass fans, don't let this happen to your beloved sport.
>>
>>66814070
this would be perfect tbqh
>>
>>66814070
this

teams would give far more effort in the regular season if you had to top it to have a chance of winning.
Warriors certainly wouldn't be able to win 73.
>>
>>66814102
What's your point?
>>
>>66817940

Everytime played the warriors like a title was on this line this season. The fuck are you talking about? DO you even watch NBA 7-1? or only the games your Foil wrapped Antena can pick up from your Favela?
>>
>>66818050
Pop, for instance, benched Duncan and Diaw against them, you stupid fuck.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.