[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charles Barkley still doesn't believe in the Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1365x1024
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wriy-73XyC4

The Warriors not only have to win it all this year BUT they have to lose less than 3 games in the playoffs to get anyone's respect

Find me a non-Warriors fan that can respect what they're doing. I bet you can't
>>
>>66782519
So insecure
>>
What makes the Warriors tolerable is how asshurt all the retired players get at their success
>>
>>66782545
Why would Barkley be insecure?

He's accomplished more than any Warrior ever will
>>
>>66782519
He's saying what I've been saying all along. They got lucky, and they were actually losing to a broken LeBron team before the Cavs gave in to exhaustion.
>>
>>66782568
Because they're not playing basketball

They're abusing a gimmick from an arbitrary line
>>
>>66782721
I am referring to Warriors fans

They're a heavier bandwagoned version of Spurs fans nowadays, being slighted by any pundit pointing out that they're one bad matchup away from getting knocked out.
>>
>>66782750
And warriors could be the tired ones this go round since they're pressing for 73
>>
>>66782765
>Because they're not playing basketball
I don't remember the last time I have read a more brain dead post. Congratulations anon
>>
>>66782844
Take away the 3 point line and this team becomes insanely mediocre
>>
>>66782519
Every team in western conference deserves respect, East is almost WNBA level.
>>
>>66782867
Except it's not the 60's anymore and there IS a 3 point line
>>
If you think about it - what have the Warriors really accomplished? Beating injured teams in the playoffs? Winning a bunch of meaningless regular season games?
>>
>>66782765
The >muh arbitrary line argument is literally dumbest sports related argument I've ever heard. Every single thing about sports rules is arbitrary.

From court size, through hoop height to shot clock timer.
>>
how long until barkley says pop meant to lose all those games
>>
>>66782765
Holy shit you are mad kid.
>>
charles barkley has always trashed jump shooting teams. the warriors are literally his basketball nightmare.
>>
>>66782765
Just like the 96 bulls, except not the free throw line
>>
Barkley was always like that except with Cavs and Lebron.

>Denver will beat Lakers, impossible for Lakers to do anything

He was talking shit like that for 2 years and Nuggets got rekt hard

>Lakers will now be tired, Rockets will win, Battier and Artest will stop Kobe, Gasol is soft, Brooks too fast for Fisher

Lakers naturally win the series

>Oh but now hehehe, Spurs will win, better defensive team and Kobe will be tired and Gasol too soft

Etc etc. I don't know if he believes those stuff or just wants to be contrarian.
>>
>>66782900
>>66782917
So should goals scored outside the box in soccer be worth 2 goals?

Should a home run automatically equal more runs?

That's how arbitrary the 3 point line is. A basket should equal a basket
>>
File: image.png (288 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
288 KB, 1242x2208
>>66782941
No, this is
>>
>>66782921
Pop really does mean to lose games though

Kerr isn't smart enough to figure out gamesmanship though. You think if he were really trying to win, Diaw and Duncan would be out?
>>
>>66782872
the western conf is still stronger than the eastern one, for sure, but imho it's not as good as it was those last years. OKC, Houston, Memphis, Dallas are clearly weaker (not even counting Portland and New Orleans).
>>
>>66782980
If the MLB and FIFA want to do that then whatever, but as of now they're not

In Basketball everyone plays with a 3 point line, it's been that way for a long time. YOU are just butthurt that a team you hate is better at it than everyone else
>>
>>66782921
Well I can assure you the Warriors pushing for 73 will give the Spurs an advantage as far as rest is concerned
>>
>>66783027
Don't explain that to the mental gymnastics crew. They'll bring up something idiotic like the Warriors resting even though toward the end of the season, the grind has totally got to them
>>
>>66783022
And it's not like it's anything new. Orlando Magic made it to the finals trying to do the same thing and they also had a good passing forward in Turkoglu who had similar role (not the same) as Green, they just didn't have a good Pg.

Bulls vs Pacers series were all about the 3 and Kukoc had some good games there, there's a reason why Heat kept Miller and got Ray Allen etc etc. People are just jelly.
>>
>>66783022
It's literally only existed for half of the NBA's existence

And even then the 3 point line has changed over the year.

There's no logical reason why baskets scored further out should be worth more than close baskets
>>
>>66783074
Well it's the rules. Deal with it grandpa
>>
>>66783112
K. I'll deal with treating every Warriors loss as an NBA finals victory
>>
>>66783042
Yeah, TWolves game says all you need to know about why doubts exist. And I'm not going to acknowledge the Lakers game since they won't shoot that poorly
>>
>>66783128
I don't even care about the Warriors, it's just retards like you complaining about them and their 3s are stupid as fuck
>>
>>66783055
except those teams didn't abuse the 3 point line to such a degree that it was 100% of their offense you fucking Slav shit

Don't you fucking compare what the Warriors are doing to basketball now to what happened in the past with truly great teams
>>
>>66783177
1/3 warriors possessions end with a 3 point attempt

Fun side note: 96 bulls shot with the historically shortest 3 point line and still only shot around 26%
>>
>>66783168
Yeah the Celtics and TWolves both showed the blueprint on how to beat the Warriors

Teams like the Thunder, Clippers and Spurs are much more intelligent than that. What makes anyone think they can't do the same thing?
>>
>>66783177
>truly great teams
the Warriors will LITERALLY be the greatest team of all time after tomorrow

This very fact makes you angry as fuck
>>
>>66783177
Actually it was 100% of Orlando Magic offense. You were 10 then so you don't remember. Embarrassing post and enjoy getting schooled by a slav :)

As you grow up you will learn not to be so jelly, your team's time will also come eventually.
>>
>>66783074
Yeah it has changed by being further back. Charles even had those couple experimental years where they brought it forward. Charles is just a grumpy old man who can't keep up with modern ball.
>>
>>66783074
>It's literally only existed for half of the NBA's existence
The zone defense, lack of hand checking, the 3 second rule existed only for the last 15 years. Should we throw it out of the window too?

>>66783177
>except those teams didn't abuse the 3 point line to such a degree that it was 100% of their offense you fucking Slav shit
They have the highest 2P% in the league
>>
>>66783222
I'm skeptical on Thunder simply because of depth. Clippers could pull some bullshit like they did against the Spurs last year. Spurs are Spurs.
>>
>>66783222
If the Warriors don't win it all (and they won't win it all - I guarantee my life on it) then their season is officially worse than the Philadelphia 76ers

That'll be better than sex for me
>>
>>66783265
I bet you think the Spurs will win it huh?
>>
>>66783265
Unless some injury screws them over it's impossible for them not to win it.
>>
>>66783280
I bet the field will win over the Warriors

My team literally is whoever is playing the Warriors, but I'm a Cavs fan. There's no way LeBron doesn't avenge himself for last year
>>
>>66783301
>I'm a Cavs fan
I'm so sorry
>>
>>66783301
>There's no way LeBron doesn't avenge himself for last year
Because Lebron is known for his impeccable Finals record
>>
>>66783301
Lebron isn't clutch enough or good enough anymore sadly for it. Also his team isn't good enough. He will win one or two games by styling on them though.
>>
>>66783258
I think the Warriors should worry about the Rockets first

They have revenge on their mind and last year, they nearly killed Curry

I hope that happens this year
>>
>>66782980
Why the fuck do touchdown cost 6 points? That's fucking arbitrary. Just make everything worth 2 points, like a safety
>>
>>66783330
Why the fuck does tennis go 15-30-40? Just remove that arbitrary sport already.
>>
You guys also have to admit a large number of black people hate the Warriors
>>
>>66783224
Yeah D12 didn't do anything that series. You're right.

Fucking moron
>>
>>66783393
Yes, he had 3 dunks per game and shot 10 of 20 free throws, your point? And how is it different from Warriors? Your age is showing.
>>
File: San_Antonio_Spurs4.jpg (123 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
San_Antonio_Spurs4.jpg
123 KB, 1365x1024
Has anyone posted proof that the Pop actually wanted to win the other 3 games against Golden State?
>>
>BUTBUT HE RESTED DUNCAN

>duncan an actual factor in 20 fucking 16
>>
>>66782519

I respect what they're doing

t. Raptors fan
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.