[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OLYMPIC HANDEGG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4
File: usa450x330-e1343936156362.jpg (96 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
usa450x330-e1343936156362.jpg
96 KB, 500x366
If we have to endure curling, icedancing, bobsledding and other ridiculous events- why can't there be handegg in the Olympics?

After a decade or so of international development, what countries do you think would challenge Americas dominance?
>>
>>66780797

the olympic committee would never allow a niche sport that's played in one country in a million years lad
>>
Australia would win gold in the first year
>>
No one else plays it because its boring and shit
>>
New Zealand would dominate gridiron if all of our professional rugby players chucked on some pads and a helmet.
>>
>>66780830

HAHAHA WHAT????

Curling isn't niche?

What countries have organized events and popularity equivalent to handegg for:
>water polo
>badminton
>handball
>archery
>synchronised swimming
>dressage
>canoe slalom
>trampolining
>3,000-meter Steeplechase
>>
>>66780857
All of those sports are played in more than 1 country
>>
>>66780857
>>66780857
>France and most of central Europe
>Asia
>Most of Europe
>America, South Korea and most of east Asia and Europe
>Europe and Eastern Europe
>Posh White countries
>Most of Europe has a conoe squad
>Asians, Europe and America
>Niggers
>>
>>66780857
All those sports have a level playing field competition wise. What would be the point in adding a sport where the gold medal would be determined before the comp even starts? Add australian rules while you're at it.
>>
>>66780857
>>66780857
>France and most of central Europe
>Asia
>Most of Europe
>America, South Korea and most of east Asia and Europe
>Europe and Eastern Europe
>Posh White countries
>Most of Europe has a conoe squad
>Asians, Europe and America
>Blacks
>>
>>66780879
So is handegg.

Your own country hosts NFL games every year which sell out your stadiums. There are amateur handegg leagues throughout Britain and Europe.

There's a German receiver who never played in the American system who's about to get drafted this year from a German league.

And none of those sports I listed have anywhere near the fanbase of football. None.
>>
Hurling deserves to be an Olympic sport before American Football.
>>
>>66780797
Obviously canada since its the only other country that actually plays it regularly and has a professional league. You guys would still win easily, but it would be Canada/US in the gold medal game for like the next 50 years.
>>
>>66780897
>here is american teams playing in another country
>here is a player playing for american teams
Not really helping your argument
>>
>>66780897
>a few games are played in one other country every year
>there are amatuer leagues
>one german is about to get drafted

ticks all the boxes, ill contact the ioc tomorrow
>>
>>66780910
Oh it helped just fine Mohammed.

Any sport that exists primarily in the Olympics and has no real fanbase behind nationalist plebs isn't a real sport.

American football has proven international interest.

Checkmate
>>
>>66780897

The important thing to understand here is that america is the only place where it is played at a serious professional level, what's the point of adding a sport that only one country in the world can get gold in and worse that no one really cares about?
>>
>>66780932
Out of interest, why do you think handegg hasnt been added already then?
>>
Rest of the world couldn't handle the brutality/devastation.

They like pansy shit. Football is the last great sport.

Yuros would ruin it with rule changes anyway.
>>
>>66780932
>American football has proven international interest.
If it has proven international interest, why can't any other country be bothered to make a professional league?
>>
>>66780945

>Rest of the world couldn't handle the brutality/devastation
>americans define sport by brutal physical violence

you really are fucking degenerates aren't you?
>>
>>66780963
And yet we're the ones winning at boxing
>>
>>66780963
>getting baited this hard

newfags plz leave
>>
>>66780937
There are gymnastic events that hold interest only to the Chinese concentration camps where they train for them.

No one ever goes "hey, let's pay money to go see pole vaulting this weekend" outside the Olympics.

>>66780939
Because the rest of the world is mad cause we style on them with our endless spheres of dominance and influence: economic, intelligence, military, art, culture, technology, media.

They like undercutting us wherever possible.

If football was added to the Olympics it would get more viewers than soccer within three Olympic cycles. If you watch football once and spend 10 minutes learning how it works you'll get hooked.

It's a better, more compelling, interesting, tougher, competitive, complex and beautiful game than soccer.

Putting it on a world stage would expose how fucking lame soccer is and how fucking awesome football is in yet another crushing victory for American ideals.
>>
>>66780946
There are

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Federation_of_American_Football?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>66780857
There are 72 members of the international federation of american football

By comparison Dressage is the smallest of those you listed with over 130 members
>>
>>66780797
To qualify as an Olympic event a sport must:

>have an international board affiliated to the IOC
>competitions must be held in at least 75 IOC affiliated countries spreaded between four continents (40 countries in three continents for women events)
>>
>>66780969
IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
It's too complex, involves so many people per team and obese people shouldn't be competing in an athletics tournament. It's also 3 hours per game
>>
>>66781004
>meme
>>
>>66780969

>I was just pretending to be retarded lol

amerishoot pls
>>
>>66780982

football is already in the olympics my m8
>>
>>66781014
>more memes
>>
>>66780797

Other countries are too poor to afford equipment and too stupid to grasp schematic concepts.

They can only FEET KICK BALL.
>>
>>66780982
I do watch handegg and really enjoy it but saying that it hasnt been added already because all other countries have a vendetta against the US just makes you sound like whiny bitch.
>>
>>66780969
>BTFO this hard
>n-newfag p-plz
>i-it's just bait i swear
>i swear!!!
ayylmao so pathetic
>>
The olympics is for athletes.
>>
>Ice Hockey is in the olympics
>Basketball is in the olympics
>Baseball was in the olympics and probably coming back
Guess we can see which is the worst north american sport
>>
>>66781031
>damage control
>>
>>66781036
nice projection :)
>>
>>66781040

"no"

nice effort though , anon ( =
>>
>>66781011
coming from the rugby country, I have to say I read this comment with a smugly smile

but, hey, rugby doesn't last 3 hours a game, at least
>>
>>66781027
>Other countries are too poor to afford equipment and too stupid to grasp schematic concepts.

You retards literally need to take a break after every play so that the offence can figure out who is going to run in a straight line, who is going run diagonally and who is going to run a little L shape.
>muh human chess
Fuck off, the only half smart people on the field are the coaches, apart from that its just a bunch of brain dead faggots running the pre determined routes theyre told to
>>
>>66780797
>implying you can hold a handegg tournament over a period of 2 weeks
>implying the NFL would allow its precious 20 millions dollars players to compete for such a tournament
>>
Fuck handegg. Olmypic Pesäpallo when?
>>
>>66781055
>the only half smart people on the field are the coaches, apart from that its just a bunch of brain dead faggots running the pre determined routes theyre told to
Trust america to think up a sport that is basically a white man ordering black guys about
>>
What the fuck are they going to show when the matches are 90% commercial breaks?
>>
>>66780797
>sport name is """"american""""
no one cucked enough to play that """"sport""" profesionaly
>>
just like the 30 Rock Episode where NBC is showing made up sports that americans can win
>>
>>66781095
Americans literally write shows about how cucked they are
>>
>>66781003
According to IFAF, there are 73 official national teams that exist. If what you say is true, then there could be an American Football Olympics for real. Lmao.
>>
>>66781124
>According to IFAF, there are 73 official national teams that exist. If what you say is true, then there could be an American Football Olympics for real. Lmao.
>73 is more than 75
>>
>>66781124
>American education
>>
>>66781124
>burger in charge reading comprehension
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/34337877

Skateboarding and "Sports Climbing" are more likely to become Olympic Sports than Burgercollide.
>>
>>66780797
I would support replacing rugby with gridiron in general desu. Rugby is too stop-start to be free flowing like soccer, not stop-start enough to be all tactical and shit like american football.
>>
itd just be a free gold medal to usa who would wanna watch that? atleast pick baseball the nips play it too
>>
The Olympics lasts two weeks. You can't have an amerilard handegg tournament in two weeks afaik.
>>
Because nobody is interested in obesecollide. It's not so much of a 'sport' as it is a facet of American culture.
>>
How can anyone enjoy handegg? there is more ads than actual playing and the action itself isnt very entertaining. I have a theory that it is popular in america because it gives them an excuse to eat for 4 hours. not to mention the sport requires no skill and is just a competition of athleticism no actual technical skill.

inb4 salty americans who are too blind to see the truth. must be the diabetes
>>
>>66781448
One has to wonder how the fuck there's so many things exclusive to America. The racial quotas, imperial system, mm/dd/yyyy, handegg, eating 10 burgers in one sitting, scooters for fat people, everyone carrying guns, etc.
>>
>>66781448
>there is more ads than actual playing

This is true of almost every team sport except soccer and rugby

>the action itself isnt very entertaining.

It is when you have at least a basic understanding of the sport.

>no actual technical skill.

It takes a lot more skill to play quaterback than any position in soccer for example.
>>
>>66780937
Show me all the countries where these >>66780857 are played at a "serious professional level."

You faggots just keep moving the goalposts because you like to hate on handegg. Thats fine, but just admit it instead of dancing around pretending you have some logic on your side.
>>
Because America is only allowed lesser D-III athletes at the American Football World Cup and still fucking demolishes everyone else every four years.
>>
>>66781666
>imperial system exclusive to america
>implying
>>
>>66781700
Already been told
>>66780895
>>66780887
>>
>>66781737
It's not so much about using it for height and weight and the like as to not knowing the metric system.
>>
>>66780797
>why can't there be handegg in the Olympics?
Because it'll be impossible to schedule a football tournament within the Olympics 2 week time frame.
>>
File: 1363111547511.png (13 KB, 468x425) Image search: [Google]
1363111547511.png
13 KB, 468x425
>>66780857
>americlaps
>>
>>66780982
I watched a full game. It's really boring. The game is constantly stopping and cutting.

It's just rugby for autistic pussies.
>>
>>66780797
Amerifat here

With the sudden push of CTE, mothers against football and TELL DA TRUFF, you seriously see the rest of the world beginning to participate in football?
>>
Yuros couldn't handle a serious physical competition
>>
>>66780797
nobody cares about it except us, it'd be way worse than basketball. Plus you could only play like 4 games.

If other countries got into it, it would be awesome though. We woudln't have to deal with all the commercials and a national team game atmosphere could probably be fantastic.
>>
>>66788231
Which team do you play for?
>>
>>66788456
Lancaster, m80
>>
>>66783144
I've never understood euro contempt for football. If it's boring what the he'll is sccer? There's eve less action and strategy there
>>
>>66788752
tbf they have a good point about NFL having too many commercials. But yeah, some faggots who watch things like tennis, darts and cricket still complain that there's too much "downtime" between plays in football. They are just either searching for something to complain about it or just don't understand what they are watching and have no interest in learning about it.
>>
>>66780857
It doesn't cost the committee a shit load of money to set up curling. Same reason Baseball was dropped.
>>
>>66780857
individual events aren't really comparable, which is like half of what you listed.
>>
>>66780854
The delusion is real
>>
>>66781666
If everyone in Mexico carried guns maybe you wouldn't have the drug cartels.
>>
>>66789212
I thought everyone was carrying guns in mexico already
>>
>>66780797
Nobody plays that semen slurping sport.
>>
>>66783384
this, I would have played if my mom(pediatrician) didn't say no.

Honestly, the only other country I want to see play football is probably japan, I imagine a team composed entirely of sumo wrestlers, that would be funny as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x300
>>66781084
I'm addicted to handegg and the commercial meme gets me everytime
>>
File: wwwj20110118a5.jpg (271 KB, 1228x1737) Image search: [Google]
wwwj20110118a5.jpg
271 KB, 1228x1737
would they be able to beat the Rice Bowl champs?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.