[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tex/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: iah.jpg (11 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
iah.jpg
11 KB, 236x354
Who TX here?

How do we fix this shit?
>Cowboys
>Rockets
>Spores
>>
>Rockets owner sucks
>Texans owners talked a big game but won't hire anything but spare parts for a QB
>Jury still out on new Stros owner but the year is not off to an encouraging start

Before the rest of the state pipes in, let's all remind each other that Jerry Jones is mentally retarded.
>>
H-hey guys, Dallas got a WNBA team!
>>
Is houstan a nice place to live?
>>
Move to California. Ftfy
>>
>>66772797
no it's shit, boring, and humid af
-Dallas
>>
>>66769911
Prepare your anus.
>>
>>66772797
Yes. Literally has everything.
Biggest downside is the traffic (though it's shit in any major city) and weather.
>>
>>66772797
It can be if you find the right part of the Greater Houston area. I would NOT live too close to the beltway or the 610 loop. Traffic galore.

A few areas I know are fairly nice:

>The Woodlands
Can be snobby, but is a wealthy area with a great mall, a waterway, jogging trails, etc, and is a township separate from Houston
>Fairfield
>Town Lake
I live close to both of those places

I've been to a few other places with nice neighborhoods as well.

As far as the weather goes: Late Spring (May) to mid Autumn (October) is hot and humid, with the heat peaking in either July or August. From about late October to around mid March is Winter, which comes in bursts of cold air following sporadic cold fronts. This year was El Nino I believe, so Winter sucked ass.

There are some things to do in Houston, you just have to look for them. Sure it's not all hippin' and hoppin' like Dallas, but there are some cool places to go. The Museum of Natural Science is pretty cool. The Art Museums are worth a trip. TUTS (Theatre Under the Stars) hosts plays and such that roll through town. The Woodlands Mitchell Pavilion, and some spots downtown (e.g. the House of Blues) host concerts. I'm sure there's other places I haven't been to that other Houstonians might recommend.

Overall, Houston is a pretty good city, more known for it's medical center and businesses than it's culture or entertainment. If you look in the right places or ask the right people, you can find cool stuff to do, just like any other big city.
>>
>>66779927
I forgot to mention that on a good year, the core Winter months are December to February. Outside of those three months, any cold days are few and far between. Sometimes a cold front or two might sneak in during late October or mid March and make things chilly (as in, 40s in Fahrenheit chilly).
>>
File: 1453533418167.jpg (109 KB, 540x324) Image search: [Google]
1453533418167.jpg
109 KB, 540x324
>>66765659
Whelp, the Rockets, I ain't got a clue since I don't really follow Basketball too much. My guess would be to find a better head coach and owner, although I thought they fired Kevin McHale prematurely without finding a suitable replacement.

The Texans on the other hand, I have a few thoughts.

>They should have gotten rid of Rick Smith after 2013.
That guy is VERY hit or miss with prospects, especially in the middle to late rounds. He's like Eli Manning, the GM. And he has an arrogant attitude to boot. The guy thinks he's all slick like Lando from Star Wars. And he also has a stupid policy of not offering paycuts for players to stay with the team. If he can't pay them their full dues, then he'd rather let them go, which is stupid. You have to try to get older guys to stay and take less money, even if it means short changing a few people. It's mean, but if you want to win, you have to cheat a few people out of their full pay in order to keep them and keep the roster in tact.

>Bob McNair is too soft and loyal sometimes
Guy needs to know when to think with his heart, and when to think with his head.

>Still need depth on both the O and D lines

>Safety is average at best, even with the recent re-signings and additions

>Cushing will never completely return to his pre-knee form and McKinney is not his replacement

>Clowney is too awkward and lanky to ever really be a successful pass rusher

>Texans need a consistent outside rush and inside presence (especially after Wilfork is gone)

>Hopkins needs a speedster to compliment him and stretch the field

>TIGHT ENDS GOD DAMMIT

>Get rid of George Godsey as the O-coordinator since he's a terrible play caller
Seriously? A lateral screen pass on 3rd and 20? The fuck Godsey?

>Add more REAL depth at all positions so Special Teams won't suck assnuts
>>
>>66779993
>TIGHT ENDS GOD DAMMIT
This is funny, after all the years under Kubiak where we kept getting TE after TE, and now we're realizing just how much we NEED TE's. I feel like it's a lesson learned.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.