[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The National League is the superior league. An Ameircan league
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 400x400
The National League is the superior league. An Ameircan league lineup doesn't have all the players playing in the game, the DH is some retarded pussy shit

>muh home runs!
>muh entertainment!

The American League is an abomination and it's time we all recognize this
>>
National League is for autistic children
>>
File: ALel.jpg (117 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ALel.jpg
117 KB, 700x700
You're doing God's work, Anon.
>>
>>66756259
OP speaks the truth. It's too bad the NL will get a DH in your lifetime.
>>
>wow look the pitcher struck out again
>o wow the pitcher grounded out again
>o wow our pitcher who we pay 100 million dollars was just injured while swinging a bat
>why do we let 90 mph balls fly at our most important and fragile player?
>>
>>66757023
you know how i know you're gay?
>>
>>66757023
How often do players get hit?

More importantly, how often do pitchers, who see mostly straight fastballs which are easier to control, pitchers, the worst hitters in the league that nobody would want to give a free pass to, how often do they get hit by a pitch?

Never
>>
>>66757049
Cause I enjoy homeruns and competitive play?
>>
>>66757200
>muh scoring

millennial opinion discarded
>>
The NL hasn't been superior since the 80s
>>
>>66757301
>NL has an even year dynasty right now
this delusion
>>
>>66756667
>tfw it's true
I will literally just drop the sport when it happens. Pitcher at bats are the best part of baseball
>>
>>66757314
Wouldn't that mean the AL has an off year dynasty?
>>
>>66757314
>>66757301
>Year of our lord 2012 +4
>people still posting about the nancy league
>implying pitchers stats aren't padded by throwing to other pitchers
>Implying al pitchers don't switch leagues when they wash out

reminder that they're 3 - 12 in all star games this century
>>
Suggestion: Why doesn't the NL just remove the pitcher from the batting lineup entirely, making it an 8 man lineup?
>>
>>66757350
>pitcher AB are the best part of baseball
> .122 BA in the Nancy league 2015
>nancy league supporters are this delusional
>>
Better WS record
Better interleague record
Better ASG record since they made it to determine homefield advantage

National League, right?

Nope. That's the American League
>>
>>66757580
Because then hitting stats are flawed because nl batters would have +100 PAs per season
>>
>>66757519
>implying any all star game matters

But of course you'll score more runs when every fat ape who can swing a bat is on your team
>>
>>66757581
>batting average = entertainment
kek
why are you even discussing a sport where failing 70% of the time is good
>>
>>66757314
So AL has an odd year dynasty? am confuse
>>
I saw a poll recently, most American League fans think the NBA should institute a designated free throw shooter who only comes off the bench to shoot, then must sit back down.

american league fans truely just want to see sport ruined.
>>
>>66757823
You suck dick, Chad

Lol
>>
It would be fun if golfers could hire their own designated putters though :^ football already has a designated "punter" while literally anyone can punt a ball. its the same thing really.
>>
>since the DH was implemented in the AL
>5 more WS wins for the AL
>4 more All-Star Game wins for the AL

Ever since Chien-Ming Wang's career was ruined because of NL rules I've drawn great pleasure in the inevitability of the DH coming to the NL.
>>
>>66757906

We don't care about championships though. We care about the integrity of the game.
>>
If pitchers hitting is so sacred to the game then why dont hitters pitch?

Checkmate, NLatheists
>>
File: YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.gif (2 MB, 400x251) Image search: [Google]
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.gif
2 MB, 400x251
>>66757924
Just the type of cucked answer I'd expect from a NL fan.
>>
>>66757945

maybe we should just do away with designated pitchers all together and make the defense do a round robin of sorts where each position player pitches an inning and it rotates until everyone pitches.
>>
>>66757602
>implying all star games don't determine ws home field advantage

>>66757676
>The position that fails the most in ABs is "entertaining"
>it's okay becauase other players fail less?

>>66757924
>muh integrity
>use pinch hitters every chance they get

Nancy League fanboys sure are delusional
>>
>>66757023
>wow look the pitcher struck out again
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/37469/cy-young-winner-jake-arrieta-hits-442-ft-home-run
>>
>>66758022
>implying even half of the players care about playing one more game at home in a series they won't even play in
>>
>>66758022
Pinch hitting is part of the game. There is no game management in the American League unfortunately
>>
>>66757906
if the yankees were NL the NL would have more rings.

Only jews want DH in NL so their fat paychecks dont get hit by the pitch
>>
>>66757967
>>66757924
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>66757945
Why do you think 20 inning games are the pinnacle of sports
Because some outfielder that hasn't pitched since middle school has to come in at relief
>>
Watching players master all different aspects of a sport is much more interesting than watching them just master one specific role.
>>
Official Rules:
1.00 Objectives of the Game
Baseball is a game between two teams of nine players each, under direction of a manager, played on an enclosed field in accordance with these rules, under jurisdiction of one or more umpires.

The american league plays some bastardized version of baseball
>>
>>66758791
>pitchers master hitting
'no'
>inb4 muh one or two nl pitchers that can actually hit
the majority are free outs
>>
>>66758819
Zach Britton hit a double in his first AB. No DH allows for fun memories such as these even for an AL fan like me.
>>
>>66756259
Hi Grandpa.
>>
So more than the Designated Hitter, what are the differences between the NL and AL?
>>
>>66757023
>Thinking a pitcher can't hit a home run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiZq1_gl86U
>>
>>66758945
I'm 23
The 9 players on the field should play the other 9 players on the opposing team, it's very simple
>>
>>66756259
Agreed, OP. This is why the Astros no longer exist to me.
>>
>>66757596
Just reminded me. Inter-league play is an abomination. Can decide divisional races when it has no business existing, like the DH.
>>
>>66758963
That's literally it.
>>
>>66756273
FPWP
>>
>>66761168
>162
>don't even play each of the other 29 teams

fucking why?
>>
>>66761168

I hate inter-league play, it serves no purpose other than to let the Dodgers play the Yankees.

>>66761471
162 is way too many and it stops anyone who isn't a hardcore fan from caring about the regular season. They should cut it down to 84. Every team plays every other team in their league three times at home and three times away. The best team in each league at the end of the season is crowned league champions and advances to the World Series.
>>
>>66761523
>no playoffs
It's shit.
>>
>>66758974
>>66758057
>muh cherrypicked moment
>triggers NLfags mad the AL plays a superior, more enjoyable game
pitchers are shit at hitting and will only get worse at it. Not only that but NL pitchers stat-pad by pitching against pitchers/shitty pinch-hitters.
>>
>>66762300
>Cherrypicked moment
>His 2nd game of the year
>>
>>66761523
>No playoffs
I want soccer faggots to leave
>>
>>66762486
>his 2nd game of the year
>one game
>not a cherrypicked moment

NLfags are so delusional its like talking to children
>>
Why are NL Fans so booty flustered by Homeruns?
>>
>>66763246
>b..but muh once-a-year pitcher dingers

NL is salty that their "league" is literally babby-tier
>>
>>66761523
I think they should play about 120 games. A long season is part of baseball, but 162 is too much, it could be trimmed down to add a little bit more meaning to the games. Of course this will never happen for a few different reasons
>>
>muh free outs
>>
>>66761523
>I hate inter-league play, it serves no purpose other than to let the Dodgers play the Yankees.

Interleague is kind of neat though, get to see teams play that you don't usually see.

>162 is way too many and it stops anyone who isn't a hardcore fan from caring about the regular season. They should cut it down to 84.

Why cater to casualfags? Baseball is so comfy tier because there are games on all the time and you don't necessarily have to watch every game to be a hardcore fan.
>>
>>66761523
>The season needs to be cut in half meme
This would seriously turn an already low scoring game and basically end up making it soccer where the final could almost always be 1-0, to explain it means hitters don't find any rhythm, you'd only need 3 starters, you could have a fucking hueg bull pen that could pitch every single game, and it would literally destroy the game
>>
The DH is for impatient easily distracted casuals. I think watching the pitcher hit is one of the most entertaining parts of a game. If you want to be in a lineup, you should play a spot on the field. No pampering a guy who sits on the bench only to take a few swings every 3 innings who occasionally gets a few hits where a pitcher will get out
>>
File: Screenshot_20160411-094149.jpg (186 KB, 529x523) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160411-094149.jpg
186 KB, 529x523
>>66763481
>If you want to be in a lineup, you should play a spot on the field. No pampering a guy who sits on the bench
>put in pinch hitter for the pitcher half of the game
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 630x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 630x435
>>66757023

>his pitcher can't hit home runs
>>
I would be okay with abolishing the DH. It's not like the Mariners are ever capable of assembling a roster with 9 MLB-caliber hitters anyways. Maybe if the other team is only permitted 8, they might win a few more.
>>
>>66763630
>career ave: 0.183
>194 games played, 12 hrs

wowo what a slugger!
>>
>>66763776
Take into account that he's usually out of those games by the 6th/7th inning and often only gets 2 at bats in the games he plays in and 12 home runs is some legitimate pop, for a pitcher especially
>>
I don't like baseball, so I have no dog in the fight.
One of my major annoyances is the DH rule. I can't comprehend how a bunch of man-babies would have the power to alter a league.
Shit sport and even a shitter ruling
>>
>>66764129
>I don't like baseball
Turn in your flag, traitor. You have forfeited your right to carry it.
>>
>>66764129
What major sport are you a fan of?
>>
>see this thread
>just NL babies with inferiority complexes

Move along
>>
AL is heresy
>>
Why don't the two leagues just merge to play a final championship game to see which league contains the best team?
>>
>>66764295
Great idea. We could call that new league, Major League Baseball. And the final championship will be called the World Series.
>>
>>66764187
Euroshit, family are immigrants plus hockey
>>
>>66764262
>T-Range Die Nasty !hhzm5vX.9w
Are the rangers the one strike away, twice, dynasty?
>>
>>66761523
>>66761168
NFL, NBA, and NHL all have inter-conference play

The only reason idiots don't want it in baseball is because muh tradition
>>
>>66764425
Difference there is that both conferences in NFL/NBA/NHL play by the same rules.
>>
>>66764470
Implying playing by NL or AL DH rules is that difficult.

Muh easy out
>>
Tldr: the AL has the better game, the NL has the smarter game.
>>
>>66764333
I like it
>>
>>66761523
I like this
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.