[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Scenario A Your team wins every game. Every game is a dull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5
File: Chin up Mourinho.jpg (9 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
Chin up Mourinho.jpg
9 KB, 264x191
>Scenario A
Your team wins every game. Every game is a dull snore-fest with only a couple shots on target for either team. BUT your team always somehow manages to get a goal and win 1-0. Usually through a set-piece, a corner or a penalty. The rest of the game is pretty much a write-off. Because you win every game, you win all the trophies too.

>Scenario B
Your team plays exciting, fast, attacking football. The game is always end-to-end stuff with chances at both ends. Your team scores a lot of goals, maybe even as many as 3-4 per game. But you also concede a lot too and lots of games end up with you drawing 4-4 or losing 3-5. You never win any trophies but pundits and fans all agree that the team is great to watch.

You must pick one.
No compromises.
No "it's best to have both"
No bollocks.
Just pick A or B.

Pro-tip: This will decide who is a REAL supporter and who is just a casual.
>>
>>66749398
Also, pic is not meant to be related. Although I can see why some of you think it might be highly related.

Just ignore it.
>>
A, of course.
>>
Am I going to be aware that my team will win every single game? Because if yes, it completely ruins it. If not, however, then definitely A
>>
>>66749398
Anyone who doesn't pick A is a fucking casual
>>
>>66749470
This
>>
>>66749398
A obviously. Not only would we win every game, but we'd make /sp/ butthurt in the process, which is as good, if not better than winning.
>>
Option A of course, everyone who chooses option B is a pleb
>>
>>66749398
>B
>you never win any trophies

who the fuck would pick that
>>
>A - your team wins
>B - your team loses

Great dilemma, OP. Were you shaking whilst making this thread thinking it was a great question? Twat.
>>
a without a doubt
>>
>You win vs You never win

Why is this a question? I swear britshits are retarded
>>
>>66749470
Poland with the absolute best post again.
>>
a, since i would want my team to win?

where is the dilemma?
>>
A, obviously. My team won a cup once playing bad football. >We benefited from the away goal rule several times and/or won 1-0. It was dope as fuck, familia
>>
Should have Option B as 'your team wins trophies every 2-3 years'
>>
>A
So, Leicester ?
>>
>Winning the treble

vs

>Winning nothing, not even a regional meme tournament
>>
Is B being an Arselel fan?
>>
>>66749660
B, Arsenal.
>>
>>66749671
sounds more like 13/14 liverpool
>>
File: 1430066167539.jpg (102 KB, 539x767) Image search: [Google]
1430066167539.jpg
102 KB, 539x767
>>66749671
>>
>>66749671
As an Arsenal fan, I can confirm this is true.
>>
>>66749602
Are you fucking retarded? There's literally hundreds of people who would prefer B on /sp/

Making constant threads about how shit Mourinho's football is etc.
>>
>>66749685

What part of Africa are your parents from?
>>
>>66749671
no, they just think they play le beautiful football
>>
>>66749730
My dad's from Portugal, if that counts.
>>
>>66749747

Not quite dark enough to be an Arsenal fan, you're being reassigned to Chelsea instead.
>>
>>66749762
B-b-but Wenger Out
>>
>>66749717

You're confusing sour grapes with what people actually want. Do you think Liverpool fans wouldn't trade their exciting 2013-14 season in a heartbeat for a boring season full of 1-0 wins that ended in a title, like Leicester are having?
>>
>>66749717
>There's literally hundreds of Arselel autists who would prefer B

Ftfy
>>
>>66749791
I'm an Arsenal fan and I'd opt A over B.
>>
A - fans of football team
B - fans of football
>>
>>66749788
>You're confusing sour grapes with what people actually want.
I'm not confusing anything. I'm making a point.
>>
>>66749804
>bad defending
>"fans of football"
more like fans of FIFA games
>>
pretty sure most people would pick B over A after 3-4 years of watching utter shit and being bored to tears every weekend

winning will lose its novelty after a while

I pick B
>>
>>66749788
Although i fully agree with what you're saying, Leicester are not having a season full of 1 - 0 wins mate. All championship winning teams have to win a few 1 - 0 games, unless you're barca, bayern or psg.
>>
>>66749838
could be win every game 2-1 vs win 6-0, win 5-0 and lose 2-1

scenario B could have less goals conceded overall
>>
>>66749804
>not appreciating a top organised unit.
>>
File: 2D0JAiuqRo8BtYA02qNgUg.jpg (51 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
2D0JAiuqRo8BtYA02qNgUg.jpg
51 KB, 437x437
>>66749398
Scenario A. Anyone who picks B is either Dutch, a cuck, or both.
>>
>>66749804
>implying good football has to be high scoring to be entertaining
>implying it's impossible to enjoy defensive football
>>
>>66749843
masochist
>>
>>66749847
Bayern had a string of 3 1-0 wins recently.
It happens.

>>66749864
If that extremely hypothetical scenario makes you feel good about yourself.

Erzgebirge Aue are having a smiliar season. Got raped 3-0 and 4-0 but most of the time just went by on cheap ass 1-0 wins.
>>
>>66749864
Exactly.

>Win 6-0
>Win 6-0
>Win 6-0
>Lose 0-1
>Win 6-0
>Win 7-0
>Win 7-0

vs
>Win every game 2-1
(and thus finish with more points that the above scenario despite conceding more goals overall and scoring less overall)
>>
>>66749894
>>66749864
>But you also concede a lot too

hmmm
>>
>>66749893
yeah tbf i was been harsh on bundesliga there. All good teams have to grind out one nil wins now and again.
>>
>>66749893
>If that extremely hypothetical scenario
This whole thread is based on a extremely hypothetical scenario you mong.
>>
>>66749894
>your team always somehow manages to get a goal and win 1-0.
>>
>>66749911
>But you also concede a lot too
>No bollocks.
>>
>>66749905
Nobody really cares about that, it's about exciting brilliant football (but not flawless) versus utter shit football (but flawless in terms of results).

Read between the lines. Stop being so autistic.
>>
The aim is to win trophies therefore A.

Anyone saying B is a verifiable retard who believes sport is "entertainment".
>>
>>66749894
6-0-type games are boring af, no suspense, just a tour over the other team
go watch aston villa getting trashed, it's not fun
>>
>>66749914
>Winning a league title with only 38 goals scored
Imagine
>>
>>66749914
>>66749923
See
>>66749933

Autists.
>>
>>66749938
Jesus Christ /sp/

Do you hang on every word?

Okay how about

4-2
5-3
5-4
then lose 2-3
6-5
4-2
6-4
etc.

?
>>
>>66749933
but can you comprehend how infuriating to have a complete shite defence that concedes soft as shit goals all the time?
You would have to enjoy seeing your team making the same mistakes time and again if you went for B,
>a whole lifetime of failure
>wanting that on your team
>>
>>66749947
>winning 1-0 after a flawless defensive display is shit football
lmao
>>
ITT: illiterate people
>>
Scenario B is Blackpool a few years ago. Ask Blackpool fans what they would have preferred.
>>
>>66749961
I'm not the same dude, but I am an Arsenal fan and yes it is infuriating.
>>
>>66749963
yeah, it is

that's the scenario

you win 1-0 but it's shit football, your defenders are all over the place, your midfield is a mess, your strikers aren't interested.
your keeper fucks up and is somehow saved by the strikers incompetence
it's basically a miracle that you didn't lose by a cricket score

BUT

somehow you still scrape a 1-0 win

what is so difficult to comprehend about that?
>>
>>66749992
>Scenario A
>Your team wins every game. Every game is a dull snore-fest with only a couple shots on target for either team. BUT your team always somehow manages to get a goal and win 1-0. Usually through a set-piece, a corner or a penalty. The rest of the game is pretty much a write-off. Because you win every game, you win all the trophies too.

to

>you win 1-0 but it's shit football, your defenders are all over the place, your midfield is a mess, your strikers aren't interested.
your keeper fucks up and is somehow saved by the strikers incompetence
it's basically a miracle that you didn't lose by a cricket score

>BUT

>somehow you still scrape a 1-0 win

>what is so difficult to comprehend about that?

It's pretty fucking difficult to comprehend when you change the goalposts.
>>
>>66749992
My favourite type of win.

But seriously, I wouldn't want to watch 3+ years of that so I'd pick B.

I like football because it is the beautiful game, I want to be excited and entertained. I want players that have me on the edge of my seat. I want to gasp in horror as my team concedes only to get a 1-1 in the last minute after hammering their goal for the past 45 minutes.

THAT'S football for me.

Trophies are nice for bragging rights but so what? I want to enjoy the game.
>>
>>66749933
>utter shit football
>winning every single match
football is about winning.
>>
>>66750022
>But seriously, I wouldn't want to watch 3+ years of that so I'd pick B
you wouldn't have 3 years of winning everything possible?
pissing off your rivals, been the most successful it can possibly be.
If it would guarentee a win every game i'd fucking love it.
>>
>>66750012
It's simple.

>Shit and win all the time.
or
>Brilliant, breath-taking football and don't always win.

The descriptions are just there to help you picture it in your head.

Imagine the worst game of football you've ever seen from your team, the worst defeat ever. The most incompetent performance EVER. Now imagine you fluked it 1-0. That's your life in this sport until you die.

Can you live with that if it means trophies every year?
>>
>>66750061
I'm saying first year = brilliant. Second year = great. Third year = okay. After that I'd get fed up.

5-10 years I'd stop watching the sport all together.
>>
>>66750064
>don't always win.

OP said never win (titles).
>>
>>66750061
i'd have 3 years of it, would be fucking glorious but not forever
i'd pick B every time too
>>
>>66750064
>The most incompetent performance EVER. Now imagine you fluked it 1-0. That's your life in this sport until you die.
>Can you live with that if it means trophies every year?
Ye just so i can see confused retarded analysts going through their 'muh posession' and 'passes' stats, seeing Gary Neville scratch his scrotum of a brain trying to deduce how shitty Bradford city went from winning league one, to beating barca in the final of the champions league. I want to see our rivals like the dog botherers and the cunts from the yellow skip's tears as they fail to penetrate the most successful defence ever seen.
I would love the top 4 clubs in england complain about 'anti-football' and being boring while we march on to another quadruple.
>>
i don't know family tbqh

i remember under ferguson winning games 1-0 and losing the will to live

leaving the stadium with that feeling of "wow, that was utter shit but at least we got the points. better see some improvement next time"

i don't know if i could leave with that feeling every week.

conversely there have been games we've lost and i've thought "don't even give a shit about the result that was amazing and i'm really happy with what i've seen, great to see the young players play well too"

it's not as clear cut as picking A
>>
If you pick B then you don't really love your team, it's that simple.
>>
>>66750219
>>66750219
>manure fan
i guess since you're so used to your club winning it's not the same as say someone who supports leicester winning something. you have to go through the utter shite to feel the true euphoria of winning
>>
>>66750327
then surely i'm more qualified to offer an opinion on this matter?
>>
>>66750222
this desu

no one except tourists attend matches to "watch le beautiful game", fans go to support and push their team to victory.
>>
>>66750502
so you'd be willing to sneak into the opposition's dressing room and smash their key player in the knee with a crowbar a couple of times?

i mean, if you're such a big fan, and it's win at all costs, surely you can cope with a couple months in prison if you take your biggest threat out?

win at all costs right?
>>
File: 1322798589002.jpg (27 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1322798589002.jpg
27 KB, 300x400
>>66750557
when did I say win at all costs? OP created a scenario when team A wins within the rules.
>>
I'd rather have a team that dominates their opposition with top notch possesion football.
A team that passes the ball around gracefully, combines beautifully and creates chances left and right.
That team also has a great defence becuase their back line usually plays high up the field so they need great anticipation skills, decent speed and good tackling, there should also be a tall negro playing as CB.
There should also be some pacey lads to play as wingers to either lay off the ball to the sole striker or dribble past the defence and put it in the back off the net.
>>
>>66750581
ignore OP

this is a new scenario

it's the world cup

brazil vs germany

45 minutes to kick-off

you have access to the germany dressing room

you walk in and schweinsteiger slaps your gf's ass

what do you do?
>>
>>66750683
>brazil vs germany
>implying it's not 5-0 at half time and whatever the OP decides to do matters anymore
>>
>>66750696
>implying it's half time
>implying i'm talking to the OP and not a huebro

45 minutes before kick off
>>
>>66750726
>me in charge of reading comprehension
>>
>>66750683
call the military police
>>
I'd rather win but everybody here is underestimating how boring football can be.
>>
>>66750696
rumor has it löw told them to calm down
>>
A you fucking massive retard
>>
>>66751102
Why are you calling OP a retard?

He asked a question you massive retard. He didn't say A or B.
>>
B.
I'm not a dummy who gets butthurt at sports so I'll enjoy watching some good, exciting games.
>>
File: 1456884558957.jpg (92 KB, 524x523) Image search: [Google]
1456884558957.jpg
92 KB, 524x523
>exciting
>fast
>great to watch
>bollocks
>football
>>
People who choose B are impatient, lazy plebs. one shouldn't have entertainment handed to them on a plate. It's much more satisfying grinding through the match and being rewarded with success
>>
>>66749398
winning titles when you're actually playing good football is about a million times more satisfactory than mourinho thugball

abiding principles is what makes people support football clubs on a deeper level than just McDonaldsTM murica
>>
A, duh.

obviously B except winning shit would be better, but Phoenix Suns fans will tell you that B only ever brings heartbreak.
>>
>>66749717
they do just because it's no theyr team boreballing 1-0 wins
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.