[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think the Leicester fairy tale will come crashin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 01_30232459_8d4f34_2621476a.jpg (239 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
01_30232459_8d4f34_2621476a.jpg
239 KB, 1500x1000
Anyone else think the Leicester fairy tale will come crashing down?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

TL;dr Leicester sold their sponsorship rights to a third party company for 11 million in order to artificially reduce their losses and comply with Financial Fair Play. Their club website says they chose the company after a rigorous tender process and due diligence, but it turns out this company basically doesn't exist and doesn't provide marketing services to anyone else but Leicester, is based at a random industrial park in Sheffield with no sign or phone number or website, and just sold the rights back to Leicester having never actually changed any of the sponsors.

This basically shows corruption throughout the club on a pretty big scale; a large number of people - certainly the owners and board - would have had to known that this deal was all bullshit and they were just cooking their books.

If they're willing to do that, is it that crazy now to consider that doctor who said he had given PEDs to Leicester players might be telling the truth?

Is it really a fairtale to go from relegation fodder to losing twice in a year? Their owner has been in trouble for corrupt business practices prior to buying them and had just invested 100 million to get them into the Premier League.
>>
fuck off gook
>>
It seems almost certain that at the very least they're going to get an 8 million fine.
>>
ABLs getting desperate
>>
>>66748643
the whole fucking sport is corrupt
>>
>all these "big" team shills on /sp/ today
Desperate and pathetic
>>
>>66748643
Walk on Jap
>>
>sponsorship deals with companies affiliated with the owner for ridiculously inflated numbers

gee it's almost like City did the exact same thing and nothing happened
>>
how are you linking an apparently dodgy deal for sponsorship rights to a doctor doping players theyre completely different things you div
>>
>corruption and dodgy finances are ok when the team I want to win does it
>>
>>66748731

Just showing that if the club is willing to conduct a fake 11 million transaction with a shell company and publish quite detailed lies about how they found said company clearly they're happy to engage in very shady shit.
>>
kys worst korea
>>
Reminder that united and city have done worse involving 100x more money and have yet to be punished
>>
>>66748754
That's quite a reach
>>
>>66748643
>>66748668
>>66748754
Fuck off Roman.
>>
>>66748643
I've seen this before in Romania, literally who team came out of nowhere in the first league and wins the title, takes champions league money next seasons, than the club literally disappears. .
>>
>>66748754
all clubs do shady stuff up top. I wouldn't be surprised if it trickles down and plenty are on PEDs but i don't know why you'd take memester as a special case
>>
>>66748643
>If they're willing to do that, is it that crazy now to consider that doctor who said he had given PEDs to Leicester players might be telling the truth?

He never said that, though. He said that he gave PEDs to Chelsea players between 2001 and 2007. The headline said "Arsenal and Leicester players" in addition to Chelsea players because Cech and Huth played for Chelsea during that time.
>>
I am reminded of a Belgian cyclist in the 80s or 90s I don't quite remember, who has a pretty decent rider and a very hard working one for a small team who retired early in his mid-20s because "he couldn't keep up with the others no matter how hard he trained". Because he was clean and the others were doped and all other differences had become neglible

I find similarly this season applies to the Premier League, there's just too much shifting around. Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham? All seems pretty strange their sudden rises in form. The only clubs that are entirely blameless this season are Chelsea, Aston Villa and Arsenal because there's no way they're doping
>>
>>66748860
There is nothing suspicious about other clubs rising when historical powerhouses are in shambles.
>>
Jesus Arsenal fans are truly this desperate

Instead of bitching about lestah why don't you focus on not being chocking little bitches
>>
>>66748916
Arsenal are supported by liberals tbqhwy familia
>>
>>66748643

This hardly has anything to do with their on field performance anyway.

>implying the PED story
>>
File: 1460323650614.gif (1 MB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1460323650614.gif
1 MB, 245x184
>>66748643
>Anyone else think the Leicester fairy tale will come crashing down?
yes, when the eternal division 1.5 team me and my entire family have supported all our lives actually win the fucking title, we will be absolutely devastated when some obscure accounting FFP hogshit totally devalues that win. We will petition the club to return the trophy.
>>
File: parallels.jpg (81 KB, 1351x503) Image search: [Google]
parallels.jpg
81 KB, 1351x503
>>66748889
Allow me to use a graphic to support my argument

Left: What happens to a honest top 3 cyclist who doesn't take doping as everyone around him starts taking doping.

Right: What would happen in a hypothetical scenario in which Chelsea Football Club does not dope its players but the other clubs around them start doping them all of sudden. The yellow line is Leicester
>>
financial fair play is a joke and the FA will turn a blind eye because Leicester winning makes the premier league a better product for customers because of muh parity.
>>
>>66748969
What, you think EVERYONE suddenly started mad doping THIS YEAR?

You're being silly. Sometimes the stars just align.
>>
everybody on every single team is taking PED's you stupid fuck
>>
>>66748969
Or maybe, just maybe, Leicester, West Ham and Tottenham made smart moves on the transfer market and hired competent managers while Chelsea and United started paying for years of mismanagement?
>>
>>66749005
I'm seeing a lot of parallels to the big doping scandals in cycling, everyone was on doping then too. You had to be if you wanted to really compete. Entire teams were on the payroll, they thought they could get away with it, and I'm sure something similar is happening now and teams like chelsea and aston villa are being left behind

I mean have you even seen an Aston Villa game? They look so distraught and unmotivated because they know all their efforts are pointless anyway. A team like chelsea can rely on its natural talent to at least stay somewhat afloat but others are proper fucked unless they get their own doping doctor
>>
Not to mention the fact that a doctor actually said he treated 100s of footballers with doping, and there are also doping scandals in Russia. But let's keep sweeping everything under the rug and promote this feel good story, as long as it's not an evil big money US or Qatar backed club it's okay
>>
>>66748969
>>66749067

Moron detected
>>
>>66749067

There's doping in every sport but only sports that aren't worth billions in revenue get done for it like cycling or olympic sports etc.

Nobody is going to touch football because there's too much money to be lost for old fat white guys in suits who work for governing organisations.
>>
>>66749067
Yes Chelsea is known for being a moral club and would certainly not do whatever it takes to win.

Also Villa look like shit because they are shit, they're a terribly managed team and were lucky to not go down at least 3 years ago. They look hopeless because they are. There's virtually no chance of them staying up.
>>
File: 1460331674921.png (75 KB, 510x526) Image search: [Google]
1460331674921.png
75 KB, 510x526
>cycling is corrupt
>so Leicester are corrupt
wew lad
>>
Which lifelong avenue are you LISTERINE haters from?
>>
So basically Leicester have done what Man U have done
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.