[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming a NFL player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: feature.nfl_.shield.640x360.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
feature.nfl_.shield.640x360.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
Hello guys is it possible for a european to becoma a NFL player?
I am 20, Bodyweight 220lbs and I can bench 225 for 14 reps.(Lifting around 3 years) I deadlift also 400lbs+
In general
Is it possible to become a NFL player
>Yes
How?
>No
Why?
>>
>is it possible
yes
>for u
no, you have to git gud.
>>
>>66747744
You can do it, Fritz ( =
>>
220 is small for anything but a non-skill position so you're going to need either great ball skills or great speed to get any notice.
>>
>>66747795
>220 is small

He can play safety and even olb
>>
>>66747744
There is some very important question?
>u black manlet mate?
>>
>>66747744
How tall are you?
>>
>>66747826
187cm I believe that is 6"0
>>
>>66747823
>u black manlet mate?
White average 6"0
>>
>>66747882

187cm is like 6"2or something m8
>>
>>66747744
no.

you have no film of you playing

you never played

you aren't a knownathelete in any sport

14 reps isn't shit in the NFL unless you plan on being a CB or WR

good luck tho m8.
>>
>>66747895
>White average 6"0
It pretty much limits you to being a slot receiver
>>
>>66747744
become a college handegg player and lift moar.

enjoy brain damage :DDDD
>>
>>66748304
So how do I draw attention of a team?

I want to start playing for german team in my region to learn about the game, played handball in the past, I am very good at catching balls.

I am doing 14 reps at the moment, what is the average entrance year for athletes in the NFL? I mean if i would draw attention with 22-23 i would still have some time to improve.
>>
>>66748498

The big NFL scouting thing here is called the NFL Combine, where all the university football players are stripped down to shorts and measured for their height, weight, body fat percentage, jump height, speed etc.
Treated like cows being ready to sold to butchers. Then they are ranked and 'sold' to NFL teams, who give them rookie contracts for 5 years or something.
Every single player basically has to do this coming out of university and it's treated as a big event.

I recommend you check their website for some videos and stats to compare to yourself

http://www.nfl.com/combine

as for "standing out" at home, I don't think it's possible unless you play football near a US military base and there just happens to be a crazed southern gentleman who is friends with a scout. The odds of that are slim. The biggest thing you can do is fly to the US around August, since I know you have holidays at this time, and go to a University and attend one of their recruiting days. They'll let you walk in and practice and you can show your skills to them.

The term for the kids who just walked in during one of these days and impressed a team is "walk on"

here are the top 10 players who were "walk ons" at university

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap2000000254526

notice #1 is JJ Watt, who many consider to be the best athlete in the NFL.
>>
>>66748617
Hm that sounds no that bad, I have the chance to go on an internship with one US university, there i might have the chance to show of my skills.

I will check out the NFL combine drills, since I am already known to lifting weights i will check out the drills and routines they are practiceing.

I am not Albert Einstein, but i am confident that i also have an IQ which is at least a bit above Avarage I believe this will help to.

I did not know that JJ Watt was a "walk on" , that sounds really cool, I am a confident person I believe as long as I work hard enough plus hit opportunities which occur, I really have a chance to play in the NFL.
Trust me anon!
>>
>>66748617
"Treated like cows being ready to sold to butchers"
This sounds somehow really negative, I mean should it be not something positive? When you go the combine, all your effort whicht you have put into your body is measured in numbers, and only those who worked the hardest will be rewarded, because those are guys which will pop out the best stats.
>>
>>66747744
I actually remember reading somewhere recently that there's apparently a German player that's actually getting some attention for this years NFL draft.
>>
Here's how this works: 90+% of D1 college ball players are already strong, peak athletes, fast, basically your dimensions or better

of these, only 1% get drafted, and these are the actually special, talented guys who have god-given intuition or skill sets that set them apart and are often intangible

and half of them won't make it 2 years in the league so
>>
>>66747744
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648990/article/german-wide-receiver-one-of-nfl-drafts-biggest-sleepers
>>
>>66747895
>white
are you good at kicking a ball? i think the nfl has had some "non-traditional" punters and kickers over the years
>>
Op have you even hit anyone? Or been hit?

What would you like to play?
>>
>>66750658
San Diego had an Australian punter not too long ago. He worked out rather well.
>>
>>66748498
14 isn't strong in the nfl, probably below average even for skill positions. are you fast? how fast can you do the 40 yard?
>>
The easiest way to get a job is special teams.

If you can fly down the field and practically kill a guy in 4.5 seconds then you can get attention.

Work on being a running back. Teams of all levels want running backs that excel in special teams.

It brings depths to one of the most taxing positions and there's still value if you don't get to touch the ball.
>>
How tall and fast? Also you need some type of coordination and awareness to make it to that high of a playing level.
>>
>>66747744
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648990/article/german-wide-receiver-one-of-nfl-drafts-biggest-sleepers
>>
>>66752657
As already mentioned, I am only 20 years old i have a few years to work on myself, a friend that lifts 1-2 years longer then me reps 225 for 21x. I am confessed to reach this level in the next 2- 2 1/2 years. I tested 40 meters a few times with a friend (without any special preparation). As far as I can remember it was something about 5.5 so very slow... but I can also work on this, through joining a sprinting team or practice on sprint drills.
>>66751324
I would like to play as a Linebacker or Runningback, I really like the contact and an honest fight. I would also like to play QB, i played handball, I can throw a ball very far and I am very flexible with my throws( Throw on number while running/falling/jumping)
>>66750211
So I need to develop something special which will draw attention to my person right? Through intellegence/performance or other qualities.
>>66750658
I dont want to play kicker, I would rather prefer to earn money in a regular job. I want to play the game
>>66753358
6"1 as far as i know, around 220lbs, not very fast yet (see above: 40 meters in 5.5 seconds, no specific sprint training yet) still i can work on that.
>>
First of all if you haven't played a down of football yet its too late. Your best course of action is to go a university in the USA, show off your speed (because your strength is below average), and demonstrate your football acumen
>6 feet
>220 lbs
How fast can you run the 40 yard dash? You can draw some attention if you run it in under 4.6. You're too small and slow for anything but special teams. If you can be automatic on Field goals from any direction 45 meters out or so I'm sure an NFL team will give you a look.
Frankly if you want to be an NFL player place kicker is your best bet
Record a video of yourself with a friend(the holder) and another friend (cameraman) making field goals from 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50 yards out. Do not cut away to only your makes. If you can't make all of these kicks in one take you will not hear from any team
>>
>>66747744
Moritz Boehringer get off sp
>>
how fast is your 40 (run 36.5 meters)?

your only chance is to be a skill player which requires at least 4.50 sec or less
>>
>>66747744
Honestly yeah, anything is possible. It's not like you have to be some superstar to get looked at, the league is actually really good about giving anyone a chance. If you're big strong and fast enough, you'll get a spot, it's pretty simple.
>>
>>66754623
Holy fuck, a 5.5 40 time? Just give up now. Not even trying to be a dick but there are 300 lb linemen in the NFL who run faster 40 times than that.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.