[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a choker......
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dalt.jpg (126 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
dalt.jpg
126 KB, 1600x900
If you were never supposed to win in the first place?
>>
>>66740346
Choking is having control of your destiny and losing (ie Speith today). It has little to do with pre-competition projections.
>>
>>66740448
No, that's totally not how this works......
>>
>>66740505
Then how does it work? Whichever definition makes the memes the dankest?
>>
>>66740532
Explain to me how you can choke if you weren't supposed to win in the first place.
If Brady lost his first SB against the GSOT, you honestly think people would think he's a choker?
>>
>>66740586
Choking happens when you control your own destiny at one point in the game, such as winning late in the game or just having to make par on the rest of the course, and somehow losing. If Brady was winning by two touchdowns and threw 2 pick sixes, I wouldn't hesitate to call him a choker. If he was losing the entire game I would not.
>>
>>66740712
No, choking is losing a game when you're supposed to win it.
The notion of what the effect of the game would have on his career can not change *DURING* the game, that's retarded.
>>
http://nes.sne.jp
>>
Choking is coming up small in big games.
>>
>>66740916
"Coming up small" is subjective from player to player...
>>
I'd venture that the most relevant definition of "choke" is losing a game that, in a vaccuum, would be an almost certain victory for your team, AND unsuccessfully rebounding from unlucky plays or officiating calls that go against your team.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.