[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everton Football Club
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: efc.jpg (516 KB, 1024x1802) Image search: [Google]
efc.jpg
516 KB, 1024x1802
Everton currently are 14th in the league. Just a point above Watford and two points above Crystal Palace.

Without Lukaku's goals this season, it is safe to say Everton would be fucked.

How would you go about fixing Everton? I think it is reasonable to say that Lukaku is going in the summer, estimates seem to be £55million to £70million.

Who could/should Everton get to replace Lukaku? Where else should they strengthen? Should they replace Martinez? Who with?

Lets try and keep things realistic, also take into account that they have the new investor in Farhad Moshiri - so they might not be on the bones of their arse like they have been under Kenwright.
>>
>>66717062
>lukaku
>£55M-£70M
lmao
>>
>>66717125

I didn't say that's what he's worth, just press estimates

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Everton/Forwards/Romelu+Lukaku

They seem to be on £65million anyway.
>>
>>66717062
They need a manager, that knows how to build a stable defence, nothing more. If they had that, they'd be West Ham tier, because they offer a lot going forward.
>>
>>66717159
lmao
>>
>>66717159
>press estimates

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Get rid of Martinez

Cash out on Stones

Cash out on Barkley

Buy Butland
>>
Who'd >we get instead of Martinez? He's obviously shit but who else is out there? Eddie Howe?
>>
>>66717280

Everton, can and should, be aiming a lot higher than Eddie Howe. Is he really the man to take Everton forward?

Why shouldn't Everton, with the new TV deal riches, with the new investor, be looking at the likes of Unai Emery, Andre Schubert or Phillip Cocu?

A lot is going to depend on the new investor, how much he is willing to throw at the club in order to take it on further.

>>66717233
>>66717192
>>66717125

Okay, how much will Everton sell Lukaku for then?
>>
File: moyes.jpg (23 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
moyes.jpg
23 KB, 615x409
There is one solution

>>66717500
All jokes aside, Eddie Howe would be a good appointment
>>
>>66717541
Moyes for a season, then Martinez for a season, then Moyes again, etc.

Maybe that way we'd actually have a competent attack and defence at the same time like Martinez's first season
>>
Lukaku is 70 million pounds? This is the most absurd thing I've heard today. He's another over glorified african striker, which are plenty in the EPL
>>
>>66717605
Martinez flatters to deceive so much, I can hardly think of a more overrated manager.

In the seasons leading up to him taking over at Wigan, they had established themselves as a decent mid table outfit, then when he took over they barely escaped relegation 3 seasons in a row before finally succumbing.

Moyes took Everton from being perennial relegation battlers in the 90s and early 00s to constantly challenging for European football on a shoestring budget, finishing between 5th and 8th in his final 5 years. Martinez took over, and although he had a good first season, finishing 5th, he has shown his complete ineptitude at preparing teams defensively, finishing 11th last season and looking on course to finish comfortably in the bottom half again.

If Martinez was in his first few seasons as a football manager, and his teams were doing this, then you could excuse his lack of experience. He's been a top flight manager for 7 or 8 seasons now, he has absolutely no excuse for how bad Everton are at the moment
>>
>>66717239
>Cash out on stones
Bit late for that, should've pulled the trigger last summer.
>>
>>66717062
>How would you go about fixing Everton?

7 teams realistically expect to be ahead of them

Comfortable EPL survival is par for the course

Everton are not CL contenders
>>
>>66717062
Sack Martinez, hire Pellegrini
>>
>>66717062
Fire Martinez

Hire a competent manager

Spend the money the new billionaire owner has
>>
Stones is going to be the best Centre Back in the league in three years. Anyone who watched him last year/the year before can tell you that.
>>
>>66718446
>this

I like Martinez to stay on as a scout. He did do well to acquire some underrated players including Lukaku. McCarthy, Delafeu, Mori, being the others. I like the youth he brought into the team. The defense is horrible, and you can't scapegoat Howard anymore.

If theyou cash out Lukaku, then I really hope Martinez can raid La Liga for a striker.

Also, I hope to see Martinez will be a commentator at the Euros. He was great during the WC. Very polished.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.