[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an interesting thread for /sp/ My friend and I are trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: four-trophies.jpg (120 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
four-trophies.jpg
120 KB, 960x540
I have an interesting thread for /sp/
My friend and I are trying to come up with the best sport city per decade. starting at 1970.
So far we have
70s: Pittsburgh: 4 Super wins by one of the best NFL Franchses and 2 World series by the Pierats. (Couldnt think of another city that comes close.)
80s: L.A. (FIVE NBA Championships by the lelkers, and two World Series.)
90s: Not really sure about this one. I only know the bulls picked up 6 championships, but no other teams won anything...
2000s: Boston no explanation here.
2010s: This one is a little trick since the decade hasnt ended... But Me and my friend this goes to SF...You had that impressive Niner team that went far in the playoffs a couple of times and to the Superbowl in 2013.. You have the even meme dynasty with the Giants and maybe one of the best teams in NBA History, the Warriors..
>inb4 the warriors are not an SF team
arent they moving to SF next year? and don't they have cable cars on their jerseys?

I want to here opinions on this list..
>>
>>66680445
Are we talking about the total number of championships in the 4 major leagues won by all of a particular city's teams?
>>
>I want to here opinions on this
>here
I hate you and your stupid fucking list
>>
>>66680515
yes, we also took into consideration, the strength of all the teams in that city. not just looked at the championships of the teams
>>
>>66680636
):
>>
You already called the 80's for LA, but just remember the Raiders won an owl in LA too.
>>
>>66680445
Best teams in each league by decade:
1970s:
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers (4 titles)
MLB: Oakland Athletics (3)
NBA: Boston Celtics/New York Knicks (2)
NHL: Montreal Canadiens (6)
1980s:
NFL: San Francisco 49ers (4)
MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers (2)
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers (2)
NHL: New York Islanders/Edmonton Oilers (4)
1990s:
NFL: Dallas Cowboys (3)
MLB: New York Yankees (3)
NBA: Chicago Bulls (6)
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins/Detroit Red Wings (2)
2000s:
NFL: New England Patriots (3)
MLB: Boston Red Sox/New York Yankees (2)
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers (4)
NHL: New Jersey Devils/Detroit Red Wings (2)
2010s:
NFL: 6 different teams with 1
MLB: San Francisco Giants (3)
NBA: Miami Heat (2)
NHL: Chicago Blackhawks (3)
>>
>>66680847
yeah, but that is hard to translate that into best sports cities. some of your numbers are off. such as lakers titles in the 1980s
>>
>>66680445

1990s goes to NYC.
>>
>>66680934
Actually, that's a typo. The Lakers did win 5 NBA titles in the 1980s. My mistake.
>>
>>66680445
I would say this:
1970s: Pittsburgh (4 Steelers Super Bowl titles, 2 Pirates World Series titles)
1980s: Los Angeles (1 Raiders Super Bowl, 2 Dodgers World Series, 5 Lakers NBA)
1990s: Chicago (6 Bulls NBA)
2000s: Boston (3 Patriots Super Bowl, 2 Red Sox World Series, 1 Celtics NBA)
2010s: San Francisco Bay Area (3 Giants World Series, 1 Warriors NBA)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.