[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cleveland Indians name change when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1024x580
Cleveland Indians name change when?
>>
Bomani is a faggot. Like literally, he's IRL gay.

Also, as a white person I don't find a Caucasian shirt offensive.
>>
Bomani literally can't talk about anything without making it about race
>>
>>66649176
None of those black ESPN figures can.
>>
why does a nigger care about native americans being offended

and if that shirt is supposed to be offensive to me, it isnt. im sure he would chimp out if he saw someone wearing a "negros" shirt with a wyatt a mann caricature on it though
>>
>>66649176
>>66649189
These people don't even care about the issues that much, they all have to act a character to get onto TV, your whole fucking 'sports journalism' thing is incredibly fucking weird from the outside.
>>
Are we supposed to protest and get all mad about this shirt? Trying to understand here.
>>
>>66649288
Imagine if you wore a shirt like that, but it had a black guy with a fried chicken leg on the head and it said "Negro". What would happen?
>>
File: ty.jpg (45 KB, 349x300) Image search: [Google]
ty.jpg
45 KB, 349x300
>>66649298
>Anonymous 04/07/16(Thu)10:17:18 No.66649298▶
muh double standard

MFW i had a black person tell me that
"black people can't be racist, that's a white thing, they can only be prejudiced"
>>
What do Cleveland Indians or Washington Redskins think of their franchises/mascots? Do they want them to change or do they want to keep their traditions?

I'm not a fan of either team but if I was I'd want people to fuck off and leave my sports teams alone.
>>
>>66649335
That person was right.

Racism describes a systemic advantage based on race. Black people can't be racists since they don't stand to benefit from such a system. That's why black people can only be prejudice.
>>
>>66649395

Here's your (You)
>>
>>66649425

>muh oscar's are racist, not enough black people winning awards
>65% of pro athletes are black
>kill whitey das racist

There's no winning
>>
>>66649425
Kevin Weekes is a black guy that covers furpuck of all sports, and he's pretty solid
>>
>>66649083
>listening to the king of SJWs
how about no
>>
>>66649395
top b8 m8
>>
>>66649395
I know you're trolling but...

Racism just means that you classify people pseudo-scientifically into races. That's it. It's a school of academic thought. The reason "racism" became considered bad was because it was used to justify discrimination and oppression by teaching that some races were inferior to others, dehumanizing them.

The new SJW use of "racism" should rather be called "racially systemic oppression" or something. "Racism" is the simple fact of believing in fundamental differences between "races", which black people do all the time. They came up with the altered definition of "racism" as a way to shield themselves from criticism. The general public knows Racism is bad, so blacks know they can't be labeled Racist if they want to be taken seriously, but they also want to act racist themselves, so they are trying to change what Racist means.
>>
File: uhh wut.png (77 KB, 1233x495) Image search: [Google]
uhh wut.png
77 KB, 1233x495
>>66649415

you were saying?
>>
>>66649083
That shirt is missing "World Champs from 1776 to 20XX"
>>
>>66649211

>having to be PC about a conquered people
>>
>>66649211
>im sure he would chimp out if he saw someone wearing a "negros" shirt with a wyatt a mann caricature on it though

nigger, you are so stupid. of course he would be upset by that. and he's upset by the indians logo/name. that is literally the entire point of him wearing that shit.

to say "you wouldn't like it if it happens to you" is beyond retarded, because that is the implicit assumption of that action he is taking.

god damn you people are stupid
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 600x800
>>66649395
>(You)
>>
>>66649083
do blacks even know that Native Americans were slave owners?
>>
>>66649677
Ha ha
They don't even know there were black slave owners.... They don't even know that African warlords sold their ancestors to us.

They don't teach that in high school for some reason.
>>
>>66649677
>>66649696
Same idiots who like the Americas and Africa where peaceful places before """""""""""""""white""""""""""""""""""""""" people.
>>
>>66649665

>he actually thinks hes upset by the indians name and not faking outrage because hes an asspained BLM nigger who will do anything to disparage white people

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo kys
>>
Why are black people so obsessed with white people?
>>
>>66649746
I bet a lot of them believe that every white person owned slaves, when in reality only about 2 percent did.
>>
>>66649372

Indians fan here.

Its understandable why people think the logo is in poor taste, but currently it's being used as sort of an alternate logo which is fine by me as long as they don't get rid of it entirely. That said, the block C they use as a primary is fucking lazy shite and needs a change.

The name should not be changed, and if that were to be forced to happen, a lot of fans like myself who grew up in the era when baseball was the hottest thing in the city would raise hell.

Oh and Fuck Bomani with a barbed wire bat.
>>
But what would they change the name to?
>>
>>66649806
I think the students voted to change the Foghting Sioux. If I remember the tribe even said they could keep it since they get some royalty payments from it, but the students still wanted to change it.

I know the Seminole tribe has told people to fuck off about changing FSU's name since the tribe makes money off it.
>>
>>66649848
>Foghting Sioux

thanks phone
>>
>>66649845
I think that actual Indians just want the mascot changed. the word itself is not offensive because its what they even call themselves:
see the "Bureau of Indian Affairs" (BIA)
in their many own languages they never called themselves Native Americans or Indians since they were each unique tribes that warred against each other and had their own languages. They've settled on Indians, bands of indians, tribes of indians, etc. is the word they identify with.
>>
>>66649848
The seminole tribe is actually very proud to have FSU bring their tribe to the national spotlight and they will never say no to their royalty checks. There was actually a movement to change the name amongst some students while I was there and the chief basically told them all to fuck off. Made me very happy even though the new logo is a sack of assholes.

t. FSU alum
>>
>>66649754
even if that were true and not idiotic, it would be totally irrelevant to my point, which is:
pointing out that he wouldn't like it if it were a black guy on his shirt, WHEN THAT IS THE IMPLICIT IN THE ACT ITSELF, is beyond idiotic

when you genuinely think you are making a point, except that point is the implicit assumption behind the point that Bomani is make, you are a fucking retard.

It's so incredibly low level
>>
>>66649806
yep. Vikings, Spartans, Trojans, Fighting Irish, Celtics. Do Irish people complain that the Celtics logo is a cartoon leprechaun, or Notre Dame has a brawling leprechaun as it's logo?

I'm from Cleveland and I don't even associate the logo or the term "Indians" with Native Americans. "Indians" means either the baseball team or poo-in-loos. Natives are called Natives. And the logo doesn't even look like a Native to me, just like a generic cartoon with a feather.
>>
Im ready for all these SJW and crybaby types to be violently killed.

Just fuck off.
>>
>>66650121
>Do Irish people complain that the Celtics logo is a cartoon leprechaun, or Notre Dame has a brawling leprechaun as it's logo?
They always complain, because they are cry babies.
>>
>>66649899
Hello, Chris.
>>
>>66649372
I understand if indians are offended and want it removed

but when i think of going to the indians game or when i put on my chief wahoo hat the last thing I'm thinking about are native americans so i want the chief to stay
>>
>>66649806
>I'm 100% Norwegian
MUH HERITAGE

kill yourself my man
>>
>>66650352
Not him, but it's important to the point he is making to say he is of Viking descent. YOU should kill yourself
>>
>>66649425
Does Gus Johnson count?
>>
>>66650574
he's just a play by play guy, he isnt really asked to make opinions on things
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.