[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on AI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg (48 KB, 376x490) Image search: [Google]
allen-iverson-picture-3.jpg
48 KB, 376x490
redpill me on AI
>>
Had potential to be GOAT but was to much of a nig
>>
low percentage volume shooter
>>
He a nigger
>>
If he had a father figure he would be goat
>>
Higher quality Nick Van Exel
>>
>>66644226
shit...
>>
>>66644164
all short players are memes

once they hit 30 its all over
>>
File: 2mi5v.gif (4 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
2mi5v.gif
4 MB, 360x240
>>
Best pound for pound player ever, except for maybe Pistons' Isiah Thomas, but idk their playing weights
>>
Is A.I a respectable favorite all time player?
>>
Goat. Didn't know a kid growing up who didn't rock his Jersey.
>>
>>66644306
>pound for pound

this is the most retarded shit ever
>>
>>66644599
relax i just made it up for basketball
but it's probably true and speaks to how he was only 6 feet tall
>>
Literally a nigger, never showed up to class in High School, beat white women, threw his butt naked wife out the house.

I mean a true blue nigger
>>
File: 635515799927294393.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
635515799927294393.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>>66645175
y u mad tho
>>
Can't, we'd have to talk about practice.
>>
>>66644164

The fuck does redpill me mean? I don't speak retard
>>
>>66644270
Explain Steve nash
>>
>>66645406
Used to mean "Give me the "truth" that THE MAN doesn't want me to know", but now people just use it to mean "Teach me about this because Wikipedia is too hard to read"
>>
This is a pretty good summary on Iverson, the book that's mentioned is a pretty great read too:

http://deadspin.com/allen-iverson-has-destroyed-the-legacy-of-allen-iverson-1708683536

>inb4 lol Gawker
Magary is the one good journalist who works in the whole shitty company.

tl;dr
Great basketball player, fucking terrible human being who is now just an asshole alcoholic
>>
Ton of heart and amazing how he could score while being only 6ft. He shot a lot but played on a shit 76ers team in his prime. Hall of Famer but not cream of the crop by any means. He a liability because he should've played PG because of his size.
>>
>>66644628

pound for pound is a legit way to compare things. it's done in boxing all the time: for example: to imply a middleweight is a better boxer / fighter than a heavyweight.
>>
poor mans russell westbrook
>>
>>66646201
>this country
>these refugees
>this topic
>>
>>66645981

Well then, the man doesn't want you to know that both parties in America are controlled by the same people, you're basically raised to be stupid and with no desire to learn so that you will buy into their narratives and keep their schemes running, vote Sanders or Trump if you wanna say fuck you to them

Allen Iverson is probably the most overrated player in the history of the game, the bit of success his teams achieved were on the back and work of great defenses lead by Dikembe Mutombo
>>
Is he the Balotelli of the NBA? I thought he had a decent career
>>
game 1 of the 2001 Finals was a pleasure to watch
>>
>>66646424
Prime AI was basically one of the best players ever but it didn't last that long.
>>
>>66646448
this
>>
I'm talkin' bout practice
>>
File: 200w.gif (647 KB, 200x122) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
647 KB, 200x122
>>
if he wasn't "cool" he wouldn't be remembered

that is the truth with some spicy mofucking salsa on it... bitch
>>
>>66646705
This. He had an incredible run but the lack of talent around him I think burned him out.
>>
>>66646842
on the other hand you could also say that was partially his fault because no all-star tier players wanted to go play with him
>>
>le dribble for 23 seconds before taking a shitty jumpshot/layup 40 times a game man
>>
>>66646868
that's probably true too
>>
File: -49-1.png (383 KB, 720x890) Image search: [Google]
-49-1.png
383 KB, 720x890
>>66646827
Well obviously. He was a massive cultural icon. He's probably had a bigger impact than any athlete bar MJ. Everybody wanted to be AI. You even had white and Asian guys getting their hair braided with knee long shirts and baggy jeans with Iversons trying to be him
>>
>>66644306
>pound for pound

kill yorself tripfaggot
>>
GOAT and still couldn't help the 76ers franchise.
>>
crossed over michael

hes the GOAT
>>
He was an important post-jordan guard that relied on iso possessions to score at the time when those were getting popular

One of the most important 21st century players
>>
Would have been better if he practiced more
>>
>>66646065
>He also once told one of his sons, “You ain’t no real nigga. You a white boy, you preppy, you rich boy.”
So is Iverson's son the "Steph Curry's an uncle tom" poster?
>>
I can not believe how Kobe gets so much hate for being "an inefficient chucker" while everyone loves Iverson who was way worse than Kobe in that regard
>>
A meme who was flashy, gritty, and fun to watch but overall as a player not even top 30 all time.
>>
One of the best scorers to have ever played, but wasnt great besides that
>>
>>66645418
6'3" > 6'0"
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.