[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will he be looked back upon in history as a disappointment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

I mean even with superb career stats and accolades he's only gotten two championships out of it. And that was after leaving one team. And now he can't win one with that same team again.

Being perhaps the most physically gifted athlete of the last 50 years and only having a few rings to show for it sounds pretty disappointing to me. The talent doesn't match the results.
>>
What 5 mvps,, two rings and 6 finals appearances doesn't do it for ya?

He's not Jordan but he's flirting with top 10 all time.

Shaw didn't live up to his full potential either but he's still referred fondly.
>>
>>66638474
He was heralded as the next Jordan and hasn't lived up to that. Especially not mentally. He's as fragile as a baby chick up there at times
>>
>>66638474
He has 4 rings
>>
>>66638514
His game isn't even similar to Jordan.
>>
GOAT SF at least?
>>
He's the second best player of all time
>>
>>66638648
Correct. Only behind Curry.
>>
>>66638542
Next Jordan as in someone who will challenge Jordan's GOAT status.

He failed spectacularly at delivering on that expectation.
>>
When we look back at LeBron, we will look at his decision to leave the Miami Heat, and wonder what could have been.

If you throw LeBron back on the Heat, they would dominate the rest of the East, and with the development of Whiteside, Winslow, and Richardson, could possibly get two more rings as father time finally hits the spurs, and the chance golden state has some cold streaks in the playoffs
>>
Lol no he'll be remembered as a legend
>>
He's locker room cancer
>>
>>66639491
If Lebron had stayed Whiteside might not have developed like that and they definitely wouldn't have been able to draft Winslow
>>
>>66638514
He wins going away last year if 40% of his team didn't die in the playoffs. We're not even having this conversation.
>>
He'll be top ten due to his regular season records alone, however he will always be known as "that guy who had everything there but could never get it done when it mattered most"
>>
These threads are insane and are a symptom of a blossomed 24-hour sports news cycle, revisionist history, and general need to complain
>>
>>66639557
But Whiteside did develop and they did draft Winslow, so LeBron should return
>>
>>66639642
bron went senile this year. He literally wants to team up with melo
>>
>>66638474

Shaw managed 3 rings with Lakers, went to a new team, and still picked up a ring, even if he didn't live up to his potential as greatest center ever (which he could have been) he also managed to ingrain himself into American pop culture with all his shenanigans in the 90s and early 2000s while also playing elite ball.

Even Kobr has managed more of a legacy then Lebron has and I don't think anyone has put Bryant into a top 10. For as much hype as Lebron had, he can't seem to figure out a way to make it work. Arguably, the niggy should have 1 ring, but Kahwai gifted them a second.
>>
>>66639697
He sees how the Warriors and Spurs are looking and that he doesn't stand a chance of winning the title so he might as well have fun with his bros instead of playing with some faggots he doesn't even like.
>>
>>66639732
This faggot helped put together the team 'he doesn't like'
>>
>messi.jpeg

I mean even with superb career stats and accolades he's only gotten meme trophies out of it. And all with only one team. And no Copa America/World cup/Olympic gold with his national team.

Being perhaps the most autistic athlete of the last 50 years and only having a Champions Leagues to show for it sounds pretty disappointing to me. The talent doesn't match the results.
>>
File: bananaboatphoto_csz7ab.jpg (54 KB, 680x440) Image search: [Google]
bananaboatphoto_csz7ab.jpg
54 KB, 680x440
>>66639732
he only likes other brown nosers / uncle toms
>>
He's Manning of NBA and Brady is Jordan. Simple as that and exact same comparison which will never end.

My opinion: Brady and Jordan.
>>
>>66638549
GOAT Offensive SF. Defensive SF still belongs to Pippen.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 168x144) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 168x144
>>66639806
>>
>>66639806
>And no Copa America/World cup/Olympic gold with his national team.
He has an Olympic gold you moron
>>
>>66639806

Messi has
every record at barcelona
4 champions leagues (maybe 5 this year)
all with different forwards
all with different defenders
with a different midfield
with a different keeper
has a youth WC with argentina, a Final WC appearance, CA final, and Olympic gold

lebron has
a gold medal
2 bought rings
>>
>disappointment
>2 rings
>6 finals appearances

Jordan was the best and worst thing to have ever happened to the NBA. Because its spawned the fucking muh rings generation.
>>
>>66640585
>2 rings
>implying that's a lot for someone so talented
>6 finals appearances
>implying that's impressive when playing on a title favourite in the Eastern Conference
>>
>>66640708
thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>66638474
>finals "appearances"

An """"""accolade"""""" i never knew existed until LeBeta came around.
>>
>>66640002
decent chance those teams win those CLs without messi

absolutely no chance that lebron's teams win without him. And he took teams from middling to title contenders in cleveland. Now, the sports are a bit different, so its not a fair comparison, but that really just discredits citation of team accomplishments in general.
>>
>>66638474
people literally think you're a failure if you aren't MJ, and people have been warped by the skips of the world to think that lebron is worse than bill russell because he's not "clutch" enough
>>
If they just look at the stats they'll say why doesn't he have more rings
But then they'll look all the way to the left and see the 15 years of CLE, and know it wasn't his fault (though it really is for deciding to go back)
>>
Jordan is overrated.

That being said, LeBron isn't at his level and probably never will be
>>
>>66640994
This

People just don't understand that there will never. NEVER be another MJ. Michael Jordan was a once in a lifetime player and his abilities were unprecedented. But like you said Jordan has completely warped people perception of what "clutch" is.
>>
>>66641184
Kwahi is the next MJ. Same hands. DPOY
>>
>>66641184
>People just don't understand that there will never. NEVER be another MJ.
That's not what everyone said when The Chosen One was entering the league
>>
>>66639574
He played in the East his entire career where the only competition was dead for 4 years straight. You can't bitch about injuries when he has a one way ticket to the finals every year
>>
>lechoke first run in Cleveland
>crys and has to go to a place with two other stars
>taking my talents
>not one, not two....not seven, not eight
>only gets two
>returns to Cleveland and is lechoke once again
MVPs mean fuck all. Rings are always remembered.
>>
File: 1443829998308.jpg (13 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1443829998308.jpg
13 KB, 453x500
>>66641632
uh yeah you can when you're other players are injured playing against a full healthy team in the finals.

I mean come on you underaged faggots act like Jordan beat those teams in the finals by himself.

>MJ has full stacked teams and Phil Jackson.
>Yeah Bro MJ did it by himself.
>Fuck that Lebeta F-A-M he has to win finals by himself to be the same as MJ. Even though MJ never won by himself.
>>
>>66641824
>has to go to a place with 2 other stars
They literally had 3 people on the roster when he joined
He was willing to play 4v5 and people gave him shit for it. Not his fault Riley decided to sign more players.
>>
>>66641981
No one said Jordan won by himself. But Jordan won literally every single year when he had a stacked team.

Lebron has had a stacked team (that he personally hand picked) every year since 2010 along with a highway to the Finals that's the Eastern Conference and he has 2 championships to show for it.
>>
His biggest accomplishment is having the balls to wear the same # as Jordan tbqh family
>>
really really good and occasionally great

but not the generational talent we thought he'd be
>>
>>66642229
If your dad walked out on your family, wouldn't you idolize someone who murdered theirs?
>>
>>66642229
didn't he say that no one should be wearing #23
>>
>>66640585
And a whole generation of niggas playing Heroball despite not having anywhere close to that talent.
>>
>>66642229
but lots of players have worn 23 after jordan.

>>66642034
Wade and Bosh were the only players he "hand picked" although Wade was already the man in Miami.
>>
>>66639717
>Lebron Not in pop culture
whats your point Canada?
>>
File: 1444839046512.jpg (8 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1444839046512.jpg
8 KB, 240x240
>>66639861
shut up you fucking flip fuck
>>
>>66639824
kobe being brady and reborn being peyton is a better comparision
>>
>>66642421
Brady is literally Tim Duncan and the Patriots are literally the Spurs
>>
>>66642363
>Wade and Bosh were the only players he "hand picked" although Wade was already the man in Miami.

>not including James Jones
>>
As much as other people will look at him as a disappointment, Cleveland never will. He took them to two championships (so far) and has been an absolute icon.

The impact he's had on this city, giving all of us hope and somebody to look up to, it's incredible. Lebron is more than a basketball player to us, he's an icon. He's like Superman. We all believe he can bring us a championship and end the drought.
>>
>>66642448
no cares about duncan silly pole
>>
He's a premature ejaculator who happens to have won 2 ships
>>
he'll be viewed as a better oscar robertson 10, 20 years from now but that's about it. He wasn't the greatest player in the first half of his career (Duncan/Kobe), and he won't be in the second half (Curry/Kawhi).
>>
>>66642465
>We all believe he can bring us a championship and end the drought.

Not with the supporting cast he has. 4-14 without LBJ.
>>
File: hill of the hank.png (327 KB, 545x670) Image search: [Google]
hill of the hank.png
327 KB, 545x670
>>66642448
>having the audacity to put Tim Duncan in the same breath as that filthy disgusting cheater.
>>
>>66642907
>Brady's a cheater
I love that meme. Tell me, why is it taking the NFL over a year to prove he's a cheater to no prevail?
>>
>>66643044
because they helped him hide the evidence.

>delusional plebs actually think Goodell's playing the clown act wasn't to take attention away from NE
>>
File: image_3.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>>66639491
>dominating the east
>being a meaningful achievement

>>66639527
This

>>66640994
Bill Russell was better, not only did he dominate he also was a leader and not a quitting little bitch

The fact of the matter is lebron is going to be remembered for what he is: a stupid nigger that tried to ride his athleticism all the way to the top instead of working on the fundamentals and as such failed to achieve the "potential" the media pumped into his ass as a fuck face teenager. Instead of building up a low post game he spent his time shucking and jiving with his faggot friends and eventually reneged on the promise he made to his team and picked the easy way by going to Miami and chasing rings in his prime. Except he is such a massive beta choke artist that he continually got spanked by geriatric teams who had basketball intelligence instead of just being trained chimps. And before you say he has basketball iq, he doesn't. Traveling into the lane (because the refs protect your balding ass by never calling shit) and chucking it out to one of many specialized three point shooters on your team that camp the arc isn't vision, ball hogging like a faggot doesn't make you magic. Back to business, he finally got two rings thanks in no part to him, as he was too busy shirking responsibility and disappearing in the fourth, and once again quit when he saw his hand picked team aging, again breaking promises he made to fans, and went back to the team he cucked out of his prime years. He has terrible shot selection and disgusting shot percentages (he shot less tab 40% from the field in the finals and less than 70% from the stripe). If it weren't for espniggers sucking his tiny ashy dick non stop people would look at him for what he is, an overrated Dominique Wilkins. Anyone that thinks he's the best Sf is retarded and should chug bleach, bird is way better than that flopping niggo, and I'd hands down take Dr j over him too
>>
>>66643351
Did he fuck your girl?
>>
File: 1456444598756.gif (1023 KB, 396x361) Image search: [Google]
1456444598756.gif
1023 KB, 396x361
>>66640002
>decent chance those teams win those CLs without messi
no,because his stats are not comparable to any other player over so many seasons.he also crushes the champions league as strong as the primeria league.Also he is way more clutch than lebron and also rapes top teams.
>>
anyone excited for lebrons kids? they will obviously have the athleticism, so if they just get the technical part down by playing from a young age/receiving nba-level coaching, all they will require is the desire to succeed

btw, whos lebrons bio dad?
>>
>>66643578
>who is lebron's dad

I don't think even he knows?
>>
>>66643351
lmao mad

>>66638340
It's only a disappointment if he can't win one for Cleveland. He's darth vader who is redeeming himself by defeating the enemy.
>>
Lebron sucks, he was overshadowed by Curry overnight.

Most physically gifted of all time, underskilled for what his potential was.

If he was as good a leader and team player as Jordan he would have won more.

Except he is an ego maniac, and that has always held him back.

never going to college fucks your attitude and outlook for life, michael jordan - 3 years as baby blue, made him a better, humbler, smarter person and basketball player

Lebron was a king before he even turned 20 and is still in highschool in a huge man's body

-"For the land"
>>
>>66643647
>Curry

who?
>>
>>66643677
back to back MVP, soon to have as many rings as lebron
>>
File: Fox-Release-Dates.jpg (27 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Fox-Release-Dates.jpg
27 KB, 620x320
>>66643578
>btw, whos lebrons bio dad?

Lebron is a failed genetically cloned super soldier designed to fight the Russians during the Cold War.
He's more like Sephiroth/Agent 47.
>>
>>66643444
No, I'm not canadian, I don't get cucked
>>
>>66643622
some mailman in Akron
>>
Will have the same legacy as Wilt, one of the most gifted physically but short on championships compared to other greats.

inb4 winning a ring for cleveland is worth 2

>>66638520
since when does lebron have 4 rings?
>>
>>66643647
This is some pretty good bait my niggus
>>
Call me when Lebron has 6 championships.
>>
>>66644775
why? what will you do when I call you?
>>
File: casualsportsfan.jpg (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
casualsportsfan.jpg
132 KB, 500x500
ESPN: The Thread
>>
For all the "Wasted Potential" people think LeBron had, it would still be dumb to say he didn't have a good career, sure he didn't win a ring for every season, but neither did Kobe or Curry, plus LeBron can drag an entire team or shit to the finals, which everyone's favorite MVP can't really say he can
>>
If he wins ONE ring for Cleveland, I will consider him the Greatest of All Time. No other basketball player has ever been able to do that.
>>
>>66651158
What a bullshit argument.

No player has won a title in Chicago before Jordan.

No player has won a title in San Antonio before Duncan.

No player has won a title in Dallas before Nowitzki.

No player has won a title in Miami before Wade

No player has won a title in Boston before Russell

No player has won a title in Detroit before Isiah Thomas

No player has won a title in Houston before Hakeem.

etc etc
>>
>>66651223
those cities didn't have literal curses
>>
File: dalai lelma.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
dalai lelma.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>66643647
>if he weren't such an egomaniac, he could have been more like jordan
>>
Had a big debate with my student today who I think is better all time. I say Duncan...kid says Lebron...grr
>>
>>66640002
> 2 bought rings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
>>
>>66651223
I don't see any cursed cities here
>>
>>66652398
Cleveland teams have won championships before.

Houston and San Antonio had none before Hakeem/Duncan
>>
>>66652492
i wouldn't expect you to know about american sports history, and i'm not trying to say that like a dickhead. But cleveland is notorious for being cursed across the board in ways that no other city shares (except maybe buffalo)
>>
>>66640897
The fuck are you talking about? It's extremely hard to get to the finals, let alone doing it 5 years in a row, even more let alone getting there with a team from Ohio TWICE
>>
>>66638340
Yes, even if only by me. He lacks good fundamentals and basketball IQ and is in general a piece of shit human being.
>>
>>66639861
>any SF being more offensively gifted than Larry Bird
It will never happen. He could average 40 in today's game
>>
>>66653124
Why is he a piece of shit human being? He does a lot of charity work and seems like a pretty nice and mellow guy when he's not playing.
>>
>>66643647
Jordan was still a perennial loser for the first handful of years in the NBA. He would probably have no championships without Phil kicking his ass
>>
>>66652679
Lmao fucking cucks
"I got to watch my girl get fucked!"
>>
How can he be a Small Forward that be tall with hops, but yet hepcat never even averaged a double/double in any season?

Larry Bird averaged a double/double over his entire career! And that's including those last years when he was hurting a lot with his back!

This guy was supposed to be the best ever. He's maybe at the edge of Top 10 all time. Maybe.
>>
>>66643578
>btw, whos lebrons bio dad?

delonte west
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.