[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the team with the most potential upside in the NBA? Imagine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: timberwolves.jpg (168 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
timberwolves.jpg
168 KB, 800x800
Is this the team with the most potential upside in the NBA? Imagine this shit in 3-4 years time.
>>
Everyone here in minnesota has been saying that shit for the last decade, yet nothing changes
>>
File: A8WTGpA.jpg (37 KB, 400x516) Image search: [Google]
A8WTGpA.jpg
37 KB, 400x516
>the team with the most potential upside in the NBA
Pic related. The C's have just as much future potential, if not more, yet are already in a better position right now.
>>
They did a nice job cucking the warriors.
>>
>>66627073
plus draft picks
>>
>>66627073
lolno
>>
>not the Bucks if they can find a way to win outside of Fatsconsin
>>
>>66627045
You mean those all those young potentials that leaves for rangs?
>>
>>66627045
That's not the Celtics
>>
>>66627045
they have the best young talents, but this does not mean much, unless their front office makes the right moves.
>>
>>66627111
not true btw
>>
>>66627111
This, giannis at the point is working out really well, if they get a few shooters around him and if he develops his shot they will be a force to be reckoned with until he leaves that shit state and goes to a better team
>>
File: 1418985330342.gif (454 KB, 384x512) Image search: [Google]
1418985330342.gif
454 KB, 384x512
>>66627222
>mfw some subhuman jew thinks anyone cares about his less than worthless opinion

Fuck off kike
>>
>>66627103
They have Nets picks and aren't a frozen hellhole that will lose all of their draftees as soon as they hit free agency
>>
File: YSTHZfd.jpg (102 KB, 798x522) Image search: [Google]
YSTHZfd.jpg
102 KB, 798x522
>>66627103
lolyes

Although they might have a few more IFs than Minnesota does. They need to make something happen with those Nets picks.

>>66627395
Boston ain't exactly a paradise, either. But it IS lightyears ahead of Minnesota as a destination.
>>
>>66627103
Towns is better than anyone the celtics will get in this Draft
>>
>>66627533

That's why you should look for them to trade the picks in a package. Not to mention they have enough cap space to sign 2 max contracts in free agency this offseason.
>>
>>66627488
I never said Boston was good lel

However they do have a top 3 coach who I've yet to hear a player complain about, a stable front office, and fans come to games
>>
>>66627045
The Bucks are up there
>Two of their franchise player are hyped as the next Magic Johnson and Carmelo Anthony respectively.
>Have a top five three point shooter in the league
>Good bargaining player in Greg Monroe
>Fair amount of cap space (around 27M after this year)
>>
>>66627073

I like the Celtics future and all, but this is fucking dumb.

The Wolves have Karl Anthony Towns which shits on anything the Celtics have. Or any other team around the league for that matter.
>>
only if they draft Buddy Hield
>>
>>66627045
Not necessarily. Look at the Oilers in the NHL, in last 6 years they had four 1st overall picks, a 3rd and an 8th overall pick, and they still suck dick to this day (they'll likely get a top5 pick this year too). I don't follow basketball too closely, have the Wolves been drafting smart, picking players of different positions? The main reason why Oilers are still this bad is because they just kept drafting forwards with these high picks, almost completely forgetting about defense and goalies. If they don't draft a defenseman this year, the franchise might as well be excluded from the league for stupidity.
>>
>>66628546
>I don't follow basketball closely.
There's your problem.
The Wolves have the best player from last year's draft who looks like a top 20 player in the league already, two hyper athletic shooters in Zach Lavine and Andrew Wiggins and a lottery pick this year.
>>
T-Wolves Bucks Finals soon desu
>>
Towns doesn't just look like the best rookie and a good player, Towns looks like THE future guy in the NBA.

Paired with Lavine and Wiggins the only way their train gets derailed is with injuries.
>>
Wolves and Bucks resurging might signal the return of the big man in the NBA. Giannis and Towns are surreall in terms of potential in the center position.
>>
>>66628618
Giannis plays Point Guard anon.
>>
Wolves have a rich history of drafting great big men and then wasting them on shitty teams. I'll start believing when they make tge playoffs
>>
Andrew Wiggers looked great in crutch time too

such a young and athletic squad
>>
They could use a scoring guard like Jamal Murray since I doubt Rubio fits with them long term.

Then they could have

PG: Zach Lavine
SG: Jamal Murray
SF: Andrew Wiggins
PF: Gorgei Dieng
C: Karl Anthony Towns

That is a beastly young LU.

And they also need a good coach. I think Luke Walton would fit so well with them.
>>
>>66628618
Giannis plays about every position on the floor EXCEPT Center.
>>
>>66628730
I'm still impressed that he's grown nearly four inches since joining the league
>>
>>66628722
they need some veteran presence too. Young teams tend to be really inconsistent, and they need a lot of guidance and leadership to not go up and down.

This is one of the reasons why they havent really come close to making the playoffs
>>
>>66628722

If only they could reverse age KG they'd be a Finals team desu senpai.
>>
>>66627395
They'll be restricted free agent when their contracts run out.
>>
>>66627045
Lifelong Timberwolves fan here. What you have to understand is that the parity in the NBA makes things unpredictable. A team can look like a dynasty and turn to shit within a year.
>>
>>66628780

They might just make KG the coach next year 2bh. Wouldn't surprise me.
>>
File: kevin garnett championship.jpg (51 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
kevin garnett championship.jpg
51 KB, 430x430
>>66628685

>Wolves have a rich history of drafting great big men and then wasting them on shitty teams

Who then go on to win on real teams. The future is bright for those players but not in Minnesota.
>>
>>66628792

>NBA
>parity

What?
>>
>>66628493
KAT is looking absolutely unreal, I seriously hope he turns out good because this could be MVP material.
>>
>>66628804
>yfw when he's a Player/coach and subs himself in
>>
>>66628804
KG has gone on record saying he doesn't want to coach, but he does want to own the Wolves.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.