[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone read any good NBA books or books written by NBA guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: wade.jpg (6 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
wade.jpg
6 KB, 283x178
Anyone read any good NBA books or books written by NBA guys? Haven't read any and don't know what would be a good one. Thought about GTGTPWTW by Jalen Rose because I enjoy his radio show, but I don't think it'll be all that interesting. Any suggestions?
>>
>>
>jalen rose writing
does his daily-stroke-victim speech pattern translate into his writing? Does it take 25 paragraphs to get across 4 words?
>>
File: 61c.jpg (13 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
61c.jpg
13 KB, 308x308
>books written by NBA guys
>>
>>66622443
>implying they know how to write
>>
>>66623040
>>66623188
not necessarily players
>>
>>66622443
Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable-Tim Grover

Playing for Keeps: Michael Jordan and the World He Made-David Halberstam
>>
>>66624102
I second playing for keeps, it's probably the best basketball book and book about Jordan I've read.
Roland Lazenby's 2014 bio about Jordan is quite long and goes pretty deep into his history but the writing is pretty average.
I would avoid "There is no next" by sam smith which is the most recent book about jordan, his writing doesn't do anything for me

Bill simmon's basketball book is pretty good, but some of the tangents and references he goes on are awful. If you like his podcasts and writing style check it out, otherwise you will get tired of him making it about him.

Driven from with by jordan is half a catalogue for his shoes but there are some good quotes in there

I wanna read seth davis' John wooden bio
>>
Bird on Basketball is the definitive bible on how to be a rounded basketball player and a good gift to any aspiring young white guy who balls.

http://www.amazon.com/Bird-On-Basketball-How-Strategies/dp/0201142090
>>
>>66623040

read some shit john wooden wrote. dude was a straight up prophet
>>
The Breaks of the Game by David Halberstram is excellent. Reads smoothly and is as relevant as ever to the modern NBA while covering the interesting 1979-80 Portland Trailblazers season
>>
Phil Jackson 11 Rings was good read through each of championship teams & struggles & stuff.

Also not book but report just search "Bonzi Wells Jailblazers"

“One time Damon [Stoudamire] caught Ruben jerking it to a Victoria’s Secret catalogue. The guys wouldn’t let him live that down. He was Lubin’ Ruben after that. Rasheed [Wallace] and Zach Randolph were relentless. Those two made his life hell, calling him Lubin’ Ruben every chance they got. Ruben once told me he was contemplating “taking them out in front of everyone in the locker room,” but I talked him out of it. I told him he would probably miss and hit Steve Kerr.”
>>
>>66626214
>“One time Damon [Stoudamire] caught Ruben jerking it to a Victoria’s Secret catalogue.

A black NBA basketball player is a breast man. A first for everything I guess.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.