[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: oxlade_chamberlain_3564728b.jpg (184 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
oxlade_chamberlain_3564728b.jpg
184 KB, 620x387
What went wrong?
>>
>>66588086
He was born in England
>>
He can't finish or dribble
>>
just another one in the long line of hyped up pacey black english players
>>
I remember when he was hyped as "Walcott with end product"

Arsecunts are deluded
>>
>>66588103
But he looked like so much more than just another pacebabby when he first burst onto the scene.

It's more than "he was never that good anyway" because he was definitely good.
>>
More athlete than footballer

Wants to be more celebrity than footballer

Not good at football

Doesn't kick football like adult man - Sterling also has the same problem. Every shot is in odd scuff or mishit. The most basic technique escapes them both.

No defined position because he's sort of adequate at a lot of things, solely due to physical attributes, but excels at nothing.
>>
>>66588122
>No defined position because he's sort of adequate at a lot of things, solely due to physical attributes, but excels at nothing.

This is exactly it.
>>
>>66588086
Run of the mill britbong pace baby
>>
>>66588086
"He's young so will only get better" lol

Some players don't get any smarter or faster or any better technically than they are at 18. England's development system focuses on the players that grow up - and therefore peak - early.
>>
Underdeveloped from a young age, expeience of mediocrity has shaped his own career to be just that.

The Ox has 100 games for Aresenal with few goals, and 20 odd England caps, he is only 22 years old.

He has what 10 years left at his game? He's not going to be a late developer and peak at 30, he already seems like he's 30 years old now. It's mediocrity from here on out, he has actually deteriorated as a player since leaving Southampton. He's also been coddled at Arsenal.

Problem the Ox has, is when he eventually gets sold from Arsenal to a stupid bad scouting EPL club (Newcastle, i'm looking at you,) it will be such a shock to the system things are done so differently elsewhere, and he'll have to excel at one thing in one position. Right now he's below average at everything, in every position.

In actual fact, you talk about overexceeding, or Leicester being a one season wonder. The Ox wouldn't even make their bench, and that's serious.
>>
It's the path of most youngsters.

Young striker/AM. Full of confidence gets subbed in and makes a few exciting dribbles and reckless shots that distract the fans from his weaknesses. "Understandable, he's just 18-22".

The manager tells him he needs to play smarter to become a complete player. The kid loses confidence and gets sold a few seasons later
>>
>>66588086
problem is, he's shit at football
>>
>>66588095
This
>>
>>66588095
>>66588982
t. LITERAL third worlders
>>
>be at relatively small club
>be promising
>get sold
>fail to impress
>end up on bench
>stop developing
>>
Does anyone remember that game against Milan where he played centre mid and actually controlled the game?

There's clearly ability there. I doubt he'll make much of himself though. Seems to struggle with confidence.
>>
>>66588086
Everything
>>
>>66588188
>.This desu
>>
>>66588086
arsenal development system is pretty fucking poor tbph. can't think of any young players who have gone there and improved much in recent years.
>>
As our country also suffers from falling for the speedy black player meme, it's probably because his touches are shit and he can't finish worth a damn.
>>
>>66588103

Nah man, he had promise. Look at him wreck the Nike Academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kb49i1y4PQ
>>
>people saying he was just another black English pacebabby

He really wasn't. There's a very good player in there somewhere. Or at least there was.
>>
>>66590141
Bellerin
>>
>>66588086

He's going to Barcelona this summer
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.