[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do NBA Refs suck ass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: [email protected] (36 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
NBA-Refs-300x199@2x.jpg
36 KB, 600x398
I am watching the replay of this GSW Boston game and it made me realize or better to say, question nba reffereeing overall. I mean, the thing that they don't react to traveling, that's something i'm used to, even though i don't know why it has become accepted and statements like "he didn't gain advantage" are dumb and they have nothing to do with the actual rules. But now we see moving screens all the time, and i am not talking just about GSW (even though people point them out the most) i am not here to hate on GSW, but overall, and stepping over the line on free throws? Why is it allowed, as far as i know player can't step over the free throw line until the ball hits the rim, but i don't even know if refs know about that.

When i am wathching Euroleague games, refs are much better, i mean, they still make mistakes, that's normal, but, if you switch your pivot foot, or make 2 steps before you start handling the ball, they'll blow the whistle, and i am not some Euroleague fan/NBA hater, i watch NBA much more..

Is it that refs get instructions not only to try to follow the rules, but actually to adapt them to the game so it makes it more fast, and more like a show cause it really bothers me, i mean rules are here to follow, why do refs act like it's a pick up game and they don't need to follow every rule.

I ask that cause it's hard for me to believe that refs that get to referee in the best basketball league in the world can be bad, if the league is on the top i expect the refs to follow that. Maybe i am overreacting, but i think that has become "too accepted" to let it play....
>>
College refs are far worse and anyone who's watched the tournament can confirm that
>>
File: dray-tackles.webm (2 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
dray-tackles.webm
2 MB, 720x720
NBA refs are actually fucking amazing. If you watch college basketball for a while you see what bad refereeing is.

NBA refs will ALWAYS lean towards letting the players decide the end of the game rather than a foul, so you see a lot of no calls late in the game. The other thing they do is give make up calls when they feel there's been a mistake made. But all this is fair because players know and expect this. And there's open dialogue between players and refs on the court a lot, and in those conversations refs aren't too big to admit they missed something.

The other thing about NBA refs is that they're actually held accountable when they fuck up.
>>
>>66537370
Basketball is incredibly tough to officiate. The pace is so high and fouls are on all sorts of hard-to-see shit.
>>
>>66537707
>Allowing people to cheat

This is why the NBA fucking sucks. Why have traveling at all when they'll never call it?
>>
It's the hardest sport to officiate
>>
>>66546543
>>66546408
And the fact the rulebook have to sort out some stuff that makes the job of a ref really hard, like keeping track of the time four players at any time spend on a zone.
>>
>>66537370
>>66546408
Also, certain rules are rarely called by convention to make the game flow better (for example travelling - although the NBA has the gather step to half-way formalise that, which isn't in FIBA). There's a lane violation on basically every free throw in the NBA.
>>
>>66537707
>NBA refs will ALWAYS lean towards letting the players decide the end of the game rather than a foul
>NBA refs are actually fucking amazing.

how the fuck it makes sense you fat fuck?
>>
an NBA ref has literally been caught fixing games. it's safe to assume there are others doing the same thing.
>>
>>66546827
Because it's better when the refs don't call minor fouls at the end of close games? There are fouls at the end of every close game, it would be shit if they were called rather than a final shot. They're not inconsistent about it either.

It just gets messy when it comes to hard fouls or scrambles.
>>
>>66546929
That's because It's the easiest sport to do that in, I mean you could have 100 refs call a play where a player is knocked over by a player running in for a layup and you would have a highly divided reaction
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.