[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If an athlete cheats his way to success, is that victory still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cheatingscum.jpg (117 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
cheatingscum.jpg
117 KB, 770x433
If an athlete cheats his way to success, is that victory still valuable? Or is it meaningless?
>>
>>66493525
Why are you in Mexico Tom?
>>
>>66493525
Depends on the culture of the player and the sport. 30 years ago not walking in cricket was frowned upon, in contrast to modern day football where everything to win is how you play by default
>>
Completely meaningless. The point of sport is to compete on a fair foundation to determine who is the best. Cheating is essentially admitting that you weren't capable to perform in that moment. Does that mean you're bad? No. It means you're a piece of shit with no respect for competition or athletic merit.
>>
>is that victory still valuable?
no. the challenge of sports - and all games - is that you try to win according to the rules of the sport. if you break the rules to win, there's literally no point in you even playing that sport
>>
if you aint cheatin you aint tryin
>>
argentina deserves neither of their world cups
>>
why is OP image named cheatingscum.jpg?

it was the refs responsibility to disallow the goal, hes the only one at any fault here
>>
>cheatings cum

no, kissing is cheating too
>>
A one off instinctive move like Maradona did is ok because it wasn't planned.
A Lance Armstrong style career cheat is way out of order though. Armstrong basically fucked over all the others who could have won for years.
>>
>>66493525
even with that one cheating play. he's still one of the best ever. can't deny that.
>>
Its not cheating if you dont get caught.
>>
Cheating is giving yourself an advantage. If you need that to win you're not the better team.
>>
>>66493525
As yourself this: does he profit from it? Does he still keep whatever trophy or cup he won from it? If you answered yes to both, then you know your answer.

If I were a pro athlete, I'd definitely partake in some calculated cheating.
>>
>>66494581
no both are at fault
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.