[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the USA the best there is at everything we do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: olympic medals.png (62 KB, 1079x700) Image search: [Google]
olympic medals.png
62 KB, 1079x700
Why is the USA the best there is at everything we do?
>>
Per capita mate.
>>
File: colombia cups.png (122 KB, 1143x734) Image search: [Google]
colombia cups.png
122 KB, 1143x734
>>66491505
Che cuantas copas tenes vos boludo?

Are u even trying?
>>
>>66491532
>per capita
america isn't allowed to send 6x the competitors as spain even though it has 6x the population

your argument is invalid
>>
>>66491580

The talent pool is bigger. Is it really that hard to understand?
>>
>>66491596
also better equipment, coaches and infraestructure.

It's more impressive to see poor african nations owning burgers than the other time around.
>>
>>66491505
south americans countries are really dogshit when povertyball isn't involved
>>
>>66491505
Technically Finland is better at winter
>>
>>66491556
Wait what sport is this
>>
>>66491635
Excuse me I meant Norway
>>
>shit medals per capita
>good

kek
>>
>>66491640
speed inline skatting.

we own that shit.

>>66491633
see
>>66491556
>>
>>66491505
who /per capita/ here?
who /muh golds from 60+ years ago/ here?
who /claiming the Winter Olympics should not even count because we're not good at those sports/ here?
>>
File: 1456675860513.png (103 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1456675860513.png
103 KB, 300x392
>>66491505
>sorting by combined total

only Summer Olympic gold medals matter
>>
File: Olympic medals per capita.png (28 KB, 417x756) Image search: [Google]
Olympic medals per capita.png
28 KB, 417x756
>>66491700
>who /per capita/ here?
Here
>>
>>66491697
one fucking niche sport means you are good at sport?
its not even an olympics sport
>>
>>66491752
it's really stupid to make a all-time medal count per capita using the current population.
Population changes, Brazil had 70 million inhabitants in 1960, USA had 180 million, European populations on the other hand have remained somewhat stable since then.
>>
>>66491771
what do you mean dumbass?

that countries with better equipment, infraestructure and coaching teams are superior?

It's fucking obvious dumbass.

It would be very pathetic for one first world to suck at sports.

The fact some thirld world countries are able to dominate in some sports is more impressive than a G-7 country dominating.

It's like a burger or yurocuck bragging they can buy a luxury car.
>>
>>66491791
stop breeding like monkeys then
>>
>>66491532
>muh per capita
Biggest cuck argument
>>
>>66491532

India and China are dominant when?
>>
>>66491752
>per
>capita
>implying that you personally any a single thing to do with your countries Olympic success
Inb4 >muh tax eurosss
>>
>>66491795
why are you so butthurted? you just suck at sports and can only compete in literally who sports or niggers sports. period.
jamaica, north korea and azerbaidjan have more olympics medals than your shithole

>muh better equipement
>muh white people opressed us

fuck off
>>
>>66491700
we are decent /per capita/
>>
>>66491838
when their wage becomes bigger than ours m8.
>>
>>66491838
But China is dominant. And India is just the most embarassing failure of western civilization in every possible aspect, including sports.
>>
just saying per capita is a guaranteed free trigger on the americlaps
>>
>>66491851
because we literally suck at team sports dumbass.

we always shine because of a few lonely atletes that had to survive scrapping trash before being able to compete at world stage.

they literally come from the poorests nigger neightboorhoods and their families literally have to make raffles where the prize is a fried chicken in their hoods just to afford the ticket to travel to world competition.

http://www.sportskeeda.com/general-sports/poverty-led-colombian-medallist-to-wrestling

The fact you literally think all countries sportmen can even train at the same level shows your ignorance dumbass.

just kys faggot.
>>
>>66491889

Winning every ping pong and badminton medal is hardly dominant.
>>
File: aaaa.gif (2 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.gif
2 MB, 245x300
Combined total

>Germany: 782
>France : 780
>>
>>66491908
>because we literally suck at team sports dumbass.

teams sports are barely presents at the olympics.

even pakistan has more medals than congolombia
lmao
>>
>>66491795
>>66491908
So which individual summer olympic sport requires more expensive equipment than fucking inline skating? Certainly not any swimming or athletics event which already accounts for like half the medals.

Also sports as a means to earn a living are for poor and dumb people in every country for obvious reasons. It's just that your poor and dumb people are not even able to compete with the rest of the world in athletic achievements either.
>>
File: Yorkshire strong.png (11 KB, 379x441) Image search: [Google]
Yorkshire strong.png
11 KB, 379x441
>>66491946
Friendly reminder that Yorkshire, with its population of just over 5 million, won 7 gold medals at the last Olympics.
>>
>>66491946
Well I guess you only slightly got beaten by Germany, as long as you're not counting those 30 years when they competed as West and East :^)
>>
File: Yorkshire.png (103 KB, 1033x620) Image search: [Google]
Yorkshire.png
103 KB, 1033x620
>>66491984
Didn't mean to quote, but Yorkshire strong.
>>
>>66491991
East Germany should be stripped from the table, as should the Soviet medals.
>>
Aren't we all youros?
Except Barboosaland, ofc.

Let's add them up.
>>
>>66491991
>east germany
Doping Olympics is not a sport
>>
>>66491965
>>66491971
I'll be more impressed seeing a poor nigger from a thirld world hood where there their house don't even have toilets, water or electricity, where they can't afford even 3 fucking meals and have to survive with aguapanela and where their families had to take raffles to being able to buy a cheap ticket to travel to the world competition who had to wake up early to walk 3-4 hours every morning because they can't afford a bus, training in some shitty potrero besides stray animals while having a random guy that his entire knowledge comes from watching the world cup in TV.

I'm more impressed by that guy owning first worlders who can afford the best training, coaches, have the best gyms, have literal doctors at his disposal, have top training regime and has the best nutrition ever.

It's simply pathetic we can still own you at some sports.

sometimes our sportman can even afford the ticket to travel to world competitions.
>>
>>66492057
kek are you the same guy that got BTFO in his own Conmebol thread a couple days ago?
>>
>>66492057
Why do you compare yourself with first world countries?
You should compare Colombia with similar countries like Kenya or Pakistan, and yet you still can't compete with them.
>>
>>66492057
So a rich country like Switzerland or Luxembourg winning the World Cup 5 times would be less impressive than Brazil winning it 5 times? That sure sounds like a solid argument and not just immense butthurt.
>>
>>66492117
>>66492188
>>66492190
you cleary has no clue that our sportmen have to literally work with scraps.

and yet some of them can still won some WC like some colombian boxers.
>>
>>66492446
some countries with more Olympic golds than Columbia:
>Uzbekistan
>Cameroon
>Zimbabwe
>Georgia
>Belarus
>North Korea
>Kenya
>Romania

literally Ethiopa has TEN TIMES more Olympic golds than Columbia. those fucking burgeois ethiopians with their world class equipment and infrastructure, top fucking wew
>>
>this fucking thread
based coke dealer
>>
>>66492577
>muh olimpics meme
I don't give a fuck about the olimpics dumbass.

I never claimed we were an amazing superpower.

We suck and yet we still have some sports we can fuck you in the ass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Colombian_boxers
>>
>>66491505
Sincerely I'm more impressed with USSR record
>>
Yeah, well, the Soviet Union is second, and if they're so good, why did it collapse?

CHECKMATE AMERIFATTY
>>
>>66492677
it was no longer necessary since they succeeded in infecting the West with their leftist gommie agenda
>>
>>66492637
I guess those sports don't include boxing given that my country has more olympic golds in boxing alone than yours has in total
>>
>>66492895
>I gave a list of boxers that won WC
>that doesn't count because the meme medalls.
>>
>Educational institutions wasting millions of dollors on sports scholarships instead of academics
>Large population/talent pool
>Overkill funding
>Decent facilities

You must be really proud USA. You're not doing anything extraordinary. You're doing just as well as anyone would with that population in a Western country.
>>
>>66492932
Wow, greentext AND the use of the word "meme". Not sure how I can recover from that savage reking. I guess I'll just have to take solace in the fact that literally everyone in the world outside of some guy in Colombia considers the Olympics to be the most important event for all individual sports.
>>
>>66491505
>666 Bronze

3spoopy5me
>>
>>66493024
I never claimed we were some superpowers dumbass.
nice reading comprehension faggot.
>>
Medals aren't worth the same though, it varies by sport
>>
>>66491556
we are somehow good at this

you would never know even you own country
>>
>>66491752
For the US to have the same per capita rate as Finland, we would have had to win nearly 18,000 medals, which is more medals than have been given out in the entirety of the olympics history. Per capita is a fucking useless stat.
>>
>tfw we won the most winter medals

feels good man
>>
>>66491532
>Per capita
this meme will be a thing again during the olympics
>>
olympics are meme as fuck desu
3rd tier (at best) athletes competing at meme sports that no one cares about
>>
>>66491946
>Germany no. of games: 26
>France no. of games: 48

absolute comedy gold
>>
How many hockey olympic gold medals post 1990? 0l
>>
>>66494454
How else are you going to fairly compare results of countries with vastly different population sizes?
>>
>Americans are willing to pay ยง699 + tax for a bag squeezing machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGPPAvWH1NU
>>
large population + a lot of wealth and infrastructure.

no other country on the planet can compete, really. other than china to an extent.
>>
>>66495099
i'm a bit surprised that there aren't more noteworthy diminishing returns to scale. I'd guess France, Germany, Italy, UK etc could be right there, but maybe not. Then again, I don't think rrack & field/swimming are as popular in those countries, we probably have a much larger talent pool in more marginal sports due to scale and cultural differences.
>>
>>66491580
>>66491822
>>66491838

How come no one ever picks up that US has been in 26 Olympics and China/USSR only 9.
>>
>>66495125
well, as an example, the UK did pretty well in 2008 and 2012, largely due to the increase in funding due to hosting. Most smaller countries tend to pick a niche sport and focus on that (i.e. the UK and cycling) whereas the US is so huge and wealthy that you can literally be competitive at everything within reason.
>>
>>66495218
yeah makes sense. UK did very well, btw I like watching some of your boys compete.
>>
>>66495019
that's a meme as fuck ad

>>66495218
The US gets shit tier funding for most olympic sports though.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.