[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are India and China soo bad at football?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: CFA.png (428 KB, 785x381) Image search: [Google]
CFA.png
428 KB, 785x381
1.2 and 1.3 billion people and they can not find 11 good players?
Is it Cultural?
I know they like football.
>>
They are tiny folk and prefer "sports" like badminton, cricket and ping pong.
>>
indians all play cricket

china have literally no excuse.
>>
India was invited in 1950 but declined when told that players couldnĀ“t play barefoot
China qualified in 2002
>>
Messi, Mascherano, Neymar, Cuadrado, a lot of football players are samll, not very strong and they play like hell!
>>
>>66454138
Wasn't the 1950 thing more of a myth? I remember reading that it was because of traveling expenses.
>>
they basically refused to acknowledge it existed for so long hoping it might go away
>>
>>66454063
don't the chinese love all the meme american sports
>>
>>66454023
Well football only started to become popular recently and up till now there has been no investment in the sport. China now has a huge youth program and a growing league so we will probably see a good chinese team in 15 years or so. Cant say the same about india, they are just too piss poor to develop talent.
>>
>>66454209
There may be some truth about it. India participated in the 1948 Olympic Games in London and some of the players were barefoot
>>
>>66454271
thats the japanese
>>
I must say that I do not think that only cuz you have a huge population you must be good at any sport.
But really... this two have the 35% of the world's population...
>>
>>66454311
>they are just too piss poor to develop talent
More poor than some of the African and South American countries?
The football culture is not yet ingrained at the grassroots level.
We don't have a problem in developing cricketers.
>>
>>66454033
>tiny folk
Dude please. Who is MSN?
>>
>>66454402
When did football came to India?
>>
File: 1454895705645.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1454895705645.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
Holy shit, don't tell me India's official logo. A drunken 10-year-old could have come up with a better one
>>
>>66454519
I suppose the English brought it, not really sure of the exact year.
The Durand Cup ( https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durand_Cup ) is one of the oldest football tournaments in the world and one of the most famous Indian club side ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohun_Bagan_A.C. ) is more than a century old.
>>
>>66454023
There's no money in playing it, now there is some but 10-20 yeara ago it was artupid to even attempt.

Some shitty cricket players can make a lot of money INA few weeks of playing in the ipl
>>
>>66454023
not many open football pitches, hardly anyone owns a ball, too hot to be running around.
the street football thing you see in south america doesn't exist.
they try to play proper games 20 a side on waste grounds.
>>
china has started trying
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.