[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Bogut a good player? Where does he rank among NBA centers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
Is Bogut a good player? Where does he rank among NBA centers?
>>
>>66450353
He is good defensively, okay offensively. Looks a lot better than he is cause he is on the best NBA team of all time. I would say around #15 overall
>>
Hes a perfect fit for the situation. Enforcer with an edge who also is smart/unselfish offensively. The main knock on him for his career has been health but hes been relatively ok over the past few seasons.

Borderline top 10 overall.
>>
him and Curry have really good chemistry too on the pick and roll and generally just finding eachother.
I didn't watch basketball back when he was drafted though, how did he get the #1 pick?
>>
injuries hurt him, back with the bucks he would always dominate the shitty teams 20/10/3 automatic and disappear against the contenders, top tier role player but can't carry a team by himself
>>
>>66450353
hes a cornerstone player on defense

him and green are savages aussiebro
>>
>>66450392
In a draft with no consensus #1, you always take the best 7 footer.
>>
it goes

1. Davis
2. Boogie
3. drummond
4. gasol (marc)
5. bogut
6. KAT
7. lopez
8. howard
9. Whiteside
10. Horford
>>
>>66454086
>that flag
>this topic
>>
He used to be a decent offensive player on the Bucks before he got fucked up by injuries and focused on being a big Aussie oaf who does the dirty work
>>
if he could hit a jump shot, he would be an all star, great defender though
>>
He's a poor man's Marc Gasol, which is still a really good thing. Top 5 defender at his position, top 3 passer/playmaker at his position, average rebounder. He is capable of scoring when necessary (scored 20 points against the Hawks when Curry and Iggy were out) but he is literally the last scoring option in the Warriors starting 5, so he usually scores his 5-10 points a game off lobs and put-backs. Overall he's a top 10 center and very important to the Warriors lineup. Sort of an unsung hero.
>>
>>66456830
>Top 5 defender at his position
Try top 1
>>
>>66456830
>>66457046
Why did he get dropped in last year's finals if he's so good defensively?
>>
He's absolute shit
>>
>>66455765
You should see him when he was on the Bucks before he got injured. He used to have one of the best hook shots in the league and had so much fucking potential. If he didn't get injured he'd be a top 3 center in the league both offensively and defensively.
>>
>>66454086
Vucevic should certainly be within the top ten.
>>
Bogut
>$14m salary

Whiteside
>$981k

Shit value signing by GS desu ;^)
>>
One of the best passing centers in the league. Him being on the floor allows GS to fuck people over with basket cuts.
>>
>>66450392
>>66451227
>you now remember that CP3 was a 4th pick.
>>
>>66454086
Pau Gasol plays center now. Bogut sure as fuck isn't remotely close to being as good as either Gasol brother.
>>
>>66450353

Bogut is a shot blocker in a league with no good big men. The center is literally a dying position in the NBA.
>>
>>66450353
Better fundamental basketball skills than the average american hs/college player.
>>
>>66470708
I wouldn't say its dying, its becoming the 3-4 of the NBA.

IE: not the mainstream, but still used by some teams.
>>
Overrated because of how stacked his team is, but he's a really solid role player. Does everything they need of him really well. Reminds me of Shane Battier for the Heat.
>>
My favorite play is the mountain man screen that they run

Just have bogut set a screen and have curry shoot a 3 standing behind him
>>
>>66470109
Pau is cancer. His can only contribute offensively by fucking up the free flow sets and on the other end makes a block per game thanks to his lanky frame but cant defend for shit
>>
>>66470109
I'd take him over Pau
>>
He's their Laimbeer. He's a roleplayer who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, and thats why everyone in Oakland loves him. As for everyone else in the world we hate him.(...but we'd love him if he played for our team.)
>>
File: 1420589267022.jpg (41 KB, 354x368) Image search: [Google]
1420589267022.jpg
41 KB, 354x368
He's a 'ard cunt m8.
>>
no better than bill lambeer tier or mayber Horace grant tier on a good night.
>>
>>66464793
Warriors ran ultra small ball, Draymond Green was playing center at 6'7. The Cavs only had one center, Timofey Mozgov, and he is mediocre. It's not really Bogut's fault that Draymond is also an elite defender.
>>
He's shit.
>>
fact #7:

croatians are the most powerful race in the world
>>
He'd easily be a top 3 center in the league if he hadn't destroyed his elbow. He was 2nd best after Dwight in 2010 and his game was trending upwards. Averaged like 18/11/3 with elite D the 2nd half of the 09/10 season and that's with a garbage team around him
>>
>>66476029
Yes.
>>
dirty player. piece of shit
>>
File: 1421442752431.jpg (47 KB, 329x365) Image search: [Google]
1421442752431.jpg
47 KB, 329x365
>>66454086

>Bogut better than KAT

Top 5 bigs are AD, Boogie, KAT, Blake and Pau
>>
1. Whiteside
2. DeAndre Jordan
3. Gobert
4. Drummond
5. Gasol
6. Duncan
7. Bogut
8. Thompson
9. Valancunas
10. Dwight

I consider Davis a PF still.
>>
>>66477914
Towns?
>>
>>66477922
11 or 12 depending on how Horford is doing. In a year or two, he'll probably be top 5
>>
>>66477985
lol, he's already easily top 5
>>
>>66477985

You could make an argument that Towns is a top 2 big man in the NBA right now. He's easily top 5 at worst.
>>
File: KAT1.webm (2 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
KAT1.webm
2 MB, 720x720
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.