[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ban Boxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 19
So will boxing finally be banned?

Fucking joke of a "sport"

This guy could die and if not, it's likely he'll have life-long brain damage.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/27/nick-blackwell-coma-chris-eubank-british-middleweight-bout
>>
File: prichard-colon.png (363 KB, 760x475) Image search: [Google]
prichard-colon.png
363 KB, 760x475
What's up with all these boxers getting beaten into comas? Seems to be happening more often nowadays even though the sport is supposedly becoming safer. I'm wondering if they're reconsidering the move to remove headgear in amateur bouts.
>>
>>66435365

prichard was blasted to the back of the head so many times, that ref was trash.

>>66435019

I don't think a ban in boxing is necessary. The reality is boxers know the risks and still take it.

If we ban everything that is risky then why not ban soda, or alcohol, or working construction, or driving cars.

These things are tragic, but i think the sport gives back way more than it takes.
>>
>>66435365
I think the big issue with boxing is that you're allowed to get back up after being knocked out hard with the count system. Concussions in rapid succession fuck you up a lot.
>>
File: Prichard-Colon-kd.jpg (47 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
Prichard-Colon-kd.jpg
47 KB, 615x410
>>66435398
>prichard was blasted to the back of the head so many times, that ref was trash.

Yeah, rewatching the fight and seeing how many times Colon complains about shots to the back of the head is rage-inducing.
>>
>>66435365
>I'm wondering if they're reconsidering the move to remove headgear in amateur bouts.
Apparently the headgear allows for more brain trauma without facial trauma, I think.

>>66435398
>If we ban everything that is risky then why not ban soda, or alcohol, or working construction, or driving cars
Reductio ad absurdum.
I'm all for a freer society with less babying of people, but the scumbags making money off of young men beating each other into early-onset dementia, et al. are just sickening.
I actually thought UFC was more barbaric, but then I came to see that the fights weren't as long and as brutal -- for the most part. It's still a barbaric "sport".

>I think the big issue with boxing is that you're allowed to get back up after being knocked out hard with the count system.
I agree with this.

In the end, I just think this is a 19th century holdover. The money behind it is the only reason it hasn't gone away.
Thankfully, barely anyone watches it any more.
>>
>>66435439
>rewatching the fight
Link?
>>
>>66435432

In terms of what can be done to the sport, i think refs should take more into account total punishment taken, as well as not be so reluctant to penalize for punches to the back of the head.

I rarely see points get taken away for that, and so lots of fighters try to push the rules
>>
>>66435019
>This guy could die and if not, it's likely he'll have life-long brain damage.

Guglielmo Papaleo (September 19, 1922 – November 23, 2006) was an American professional boxer, better known as Willie Pep who held the World Featherweight championship twice between the years of 1947 and 1950. Pep boxed a total of 1,956 rounds in the 241 bouts during his 26-year career, a considerable number of rounds and bouts even for a fighter of his era. His final record was 229-11-1 with 65 knockouts. Pep, known for his speed, finess and elusiveness, is considered to be one of the best fighters of the 20th century
>>
>>66435465

also the "scumbags" making money off the fighters are also creating opportunities for these fighters to make money.
>>
>>66435512
What was the point of posting this?
>>
u gottta be like my main nigga mayweather
that boy don't take not hits and he ain't got no brain problems or commas that fuck him up
TMT BABY
>>
>>66435512
"Archie Moore (born Archibald Lee Wright; December 13, 1916 – December 9, 1998) was an American professional boxer and the longest reigning Light Heavyweight World Champion of all time (December 1952 – May 1962). He had one of the longest professional careers in the history of the sport. Nicknamed "The Mongoose", and then "The Old Mongoose" in the latter half of his career, Moore holds the record for the most career knockouts (131) in boxing history. Moore was a highly strategical and defensive boxer, with a great chin and blundering power, he ranks #4 on The Ring's list of "100 greatest punchers of all time".
>>
>>66435504
I think the count should be done with. If you get knocked down then the fights over. Letting a man that just got his bell rung get back up to get punched again and again is pushing it.
>>
>>66435538
>Pep boxed a total of 1,956 rounds in the 241 bouts during his 26-year career
>>
white boxer are usually weak and delicate
>>
>>66435544
The money grubbing boxing establishment would never allow it.
>>
>>66435544
You know just how many fights have been won by someone who got knocked down early?
>>
>>66435560
You could pppppprobably make a case for negligence or something on their part now with what people know about concussions. Like with football.
>>
File: 1409866344286.jpg (48 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
1409866344286.jpg
48 KB, 699x699
>>66435019
Every sport has its risks, you fucking pussy.
>>
>>66435554
So what? Is it meant to imply that head injuries aren't a problem?
>>
>>66435588
Most sports aren't designed solely around those risks, fucktard.
>>
>>66435019
Nigga Please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvCHk_kKpVI
>>
>>66435599
nobody forces them into the ring.

what are you gonna do next. ban wars?
>>
>>66435544

no i don't like that, cus lots of times people get knocked down and its just a flash knockdown and have totally clear heads.

I think their needs to be a better rehydration system for fighters that cut weight, as that can be do a lot of damage to a fighter.

As well as better drug testing. Seriously, if a fighter is willing to take the risk to fight someone, they should have full trust they aren't getting in the ring with someone using drugs.

But in the end boxing is inherently dangerous, if you think fighters don't know that your being naive. We can't ban everything because their are risks.

Tragic things happen in every sport. Rugby players get paralyzed, hockey players get their necks slashed, and football players get concussed all the time
>>
>>66435592
As opposed to Football (Gridiron)? Your overall health is better off in the ring.
>>
File: 1435803066338.png (131 KB, 292x293) Image search: [Google]
1435803066338.png
131 KB, 292x293
>>66435599
Nobody is making you watch it, you aren't getting in the ring, so what do you care? Boxing is one of the few sports where an individual came from the poorest of the poor (pick just about any notable fighter in the past 50 years), or out of prison (Bhop comes to mind), and make something of themselves. They don't care about the risk of head injury because it beats living the terrible lives they had before. That isn't to say there aren't some brilliant minds in the sport because they love it- Chris Algieri comes to mind, he has a master's degree and will eventually become a medical doctor, and the Klitschko brothers have their doctorates in something health related. But this is a sport of the poor person who comes to the top. But go ahead, rob the poor of another opportunity in life.

If you want to do something meaningful, petition the bullshit that goes on before the fight where guys drop 20 pounds in sweat and never completely re-hydrate. The fluids around the brain aren't back to normal come the fight, and the brain is susceptible to taking on more damage. This is the main cause of these injuries.

A few freak accidents in a few hundred professional fights, and you call for the sport to be banned. What a fucking waste of space you are. Stop posting any time. Go back to watching divegrass, watching those idiots die of heart attacks on the pitch and having traumatic brain injury from heading the ball. Maybe we should ban that sport too.
>>
>>66435743
>he has a master's degree and will eventually become a medical doctor,
Yeah, his "brilliant mind" won't be so brilliant in a decade or so.

>But go ahead, rob the poor of another opportunity in life.
Nice glib pretense at caring for the poor.
Great idea --- let's eliminate poverty by making everyone box.
If you want to eliminate poverty so much why don't you restructure society?
You're probably a punch-drunk boxer as no normal person could say something so dumb.

Seriously, one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
>>
>>66435796
>WAAAAAAAHHHHHH THEY'RE HURTING THEMSELVES MAKE IT STOP

germany, everybody
>>
>>66435796

i dunno dude, all i can say if life has risks. We choose what type of risk we are comfortable with and try to mitigate what we can.

Its not up to you to decide what risk is acceptable for other people.

More people die driving cars than boxing. And to be honest, i would rather die defending a belt in the ring, than getting sideswiped on my way to my job as an office drone.
>>
>>66435820
Nice lack of a comeback.
>>
>>66435796
As long as the fighters aren't forced to fight I don't see a problem with boxing itself. I do think that things need to be made safer but I disagree with your view on banning something just because it might cause health problems. Many things in life come with risks. You act as if the fighters are uneducated about the risks....they know what they are getting into.
>>
>>66435542
who /moneyteam/ here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Q1y4qOf5U
>>
>>66435829
>Its not up to you to decide what risk is acceptable for other people.
There's a reason duels are outlawed -- some people decided on behalf of other people. That's how society works.

You can't just do anything you want in society and times change.
Boxing is a form of profiteering from human suffering.

All these other sports people name have aspects beyond pure violence.
>>
>>66435796
>Seriously, one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Your post described perfectly.
>>
>>66435870
You seriously believe this?
>>
>>66435898
Believe what?
The reality of how laws are made and how society is run?
>>
File: 1387132535269.gif (603 KB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
1387132535269.gif
603 KB, 400x219
>>66435838
>If you want to do something meaningful, petition the bullshit that goes on before the fight where guys drop 20 pounds in sweat and never completely re-hydrate. The fluids around the brain aren't back to normal come the fight, and the brain is susceptible to taking on more damage. This is the main cause of these injuries.

You never addressed this point, and all that you did say was a fucking joke.

You are right about one thing, I am a boxer. Boxing got me off the streets and off drugs. Boxing made me a better person. What do you have to say to that, hans? You armchair arbiter of human conduct, fuck you and your sheltered ass life.

>>66435870
let's ban being mean, because being mean causes human suffering. Being mean can also lead to violence.
>>
File: le garbaeg man.gif (3 MB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
le garbaeg man.gif
3 MB, 400x311
>>66435918
wrong image
>>
>>66435916
Faggotry levels are off the charts in your posts
>>
>>66435019
>a german moralfagging
kek this is the same new type of krouts thats love their refugees
>>
>>66435870
Racing sports, risk of death, banned
Contact sports, violence, banned
Track and field, all events carry a risk of injury, banned

Fuck off and die
>>
i guess other than Golf, tennis, ping pong and badminton any sport can risk a life-ending injury

that's why i wish for 2020 to all sports to be banned and e-sports to take place, not putting the sacred human body in any kind of danger, while also stimulating the true important aspect of us as sentient beings: the intellect.
>>
>>66435916

>im all for freer society with less babying of people
>proceeds to be the exact opposite in the next post

you have an agenda or something m8? did a boxer fuck your girl or something?
>>
They know the risks, I don't want anyone stopping the fight if I feel.I can go on. It's my life fuck off
btw I don't want to hear the mma fags going on about how dangerous grabass is
>>
>>66435966
kek'd and checked
>>
>>66435918
>You are right about one thing, I am a boxer. Boxing got me off the streets and off drugs. Boxing made me a better person. What do you have to say to that, hans?
What I have to say is: that's all nice and dandy, but that's your anecdotal experience.
This also doesn't excuse the brain damage.

Only a small amount of people will make money from boxing, while a thousand times more people will just suffer its damage.

There are also hundreds of non-violent sports for poor people to make a good life for themselves with. That's a weak argument -- you could make the same argument for introducing knife fights or gun duels.

>let's ban being mean, because being mean causes human suffering. Being mean can also lead to violence.
Reductio ad absurdum.
What's the matter? Need to resort to exaggeration and strawmen to win your unwinnable argument.
>>
>>66435998

your argument is because something is dangerous it should be banned

these comparisons are valid, stop acting like this is a first year philosophy class and realize that just because some boxer stole your girl, you don't get to dictate what other people are allowed to participate in.
>>
>>66435998
Please, i played and coached American football for years and had the experience of having a teammate killed in practice during a contact drill as well as seeing, suffering, and inflicting more head injuries in a single season than a boxer will in an entire career.
>>
File: 1379232533720.png (165 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
1379232533720.png
165 KB, 298x400
>>66435998
You sound like you just read kant for the first time, just stop posting friend.
>>
>>66435542
Not brain damaged and not respected. Guys' a total faggot and will be remembered for that.
>>
>>66435019
>boo boxing sucks
>okay great post, gonna go watch ufc
fuck off
>>
>>66435605
James DeGale would beat the shit out of Jack dempsey every boxer pre 1930 is pure shit and this is coming from a fanatic
>>
Athlete lawsuits are going to destroy boxing and mma.
At least boxers sometimes make some actual money, as opposed to mma fighters.
>>
>>66436892
this. Prince Naz has been sitting on his arse for nearly 2 decades doing fuck all and is still rich as fuck from boxing
>>
>>66435867
you ain't livin' right if you ain't MONEY TEAM!
>>
>>66436924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTdqV8XkYNo

>not watching this first thing every morning
>>
>>66436935

lol i actually watch this when i study. Making sure no one sees it on my laptop in the library.
>>
>>66436947
i watch it running on the treadmill desu imagining that im training for the big one
FML
>>
At least those TMT generals died, lol but it was good for a laugh
>>
>>66436950

i kno that feel fampai.

training hard only to get lit up sparring amateurs.
>>
>>66436967
>tfw you get put in with the Heavyweights.......again
>>
people have died right after matches before, why would this suddenly be the moment things change?
>>
>>66436959
Polish TMT guy was the best thing to come from May-Pac and i include salty flip tears in that
>>
Is BKB still a thing or has that folded already?
>>
Wait for Canelo-Khan if you want to see someone get put on heem sleepy blvd and hold dat way.
>>
>>66435961
>Racing sports, risk of death, banned
>Contact sports, violence, banned
>Track and field, all events carry a risk of injury, banned
not that guy but your examples are ridiculous because the object in none of these sports is to injure the opponent. MMA and boxing require participants to intentionally injure each other.
MASSIVE fucking diference.
>>
>>66435867
>>
>>66436971

>tfw you spar with 140's and your 160

feels good man.
>>
>>66437009
big KO's never happen in the fights were their meant to this fight will get stopped on the 3 KD rule
>>
File: Mayweather 2.png (225 KB, 636x414) Image search: [Google]
Mayweather 2.png
225 KB, 636x414
>>66437025
>>
>>66437031

Who the fuck uses the 3 KD rule anymore?
>>
>>66437030
>that one featherweight who can hit
>>
>>66437025
>>66437034
This faggot only has balls when he's fighting women. Pathetic. Hope he stays retired but I have a feeling he won't.
>>
>>66437010
The goal of all these sports, boxing included, is to win without being injured.
>>
>>66437053

>jabbing the absolute shit out of vastly more skilled but smaller guys
>>
>>66437048
do the WBC use it? most refs wave it off after 3 KD's anyway
>>
>>66437076
>trying to mimic your flavour of the month favourite fighter
i remember i unironically tried to shoulder roll
>>
>>66435019
>So will boxing finally be banned?
If he was a better boxer, he would've gotten hit fewer times and less effectively. Ban bad boxers.
>>
>>66437034
>Has no idea how susceptible children are to external influences when it comes to giving testimony such as this.

People like you are everything that is wrong with family courts in general.

Kill yourself.
>>
>its a celebrity comes to the Mayweather Gym and Roger makes them answer questions about the history of boxing episode
>>
Do you want to ban recreational driving because people get into accidents? Fuck off
>>
File: g3m4LXI.jpg (47 KB, 648x519) Image search: [Google]
g3m4LXI.jpg
47 KB, 648x519
Ban MMA
>>
File: explain.jpg (53 KB, 591x360) Image search: [Google]
explain.jpg
53 KB, 591x360
I've recently gotten interested in boxing. Can anyone explain to me how the sanctioning bodies work? Like, why are there so many? Which is the most prestigious? What are the differences between them?
>>
>>66437917
Basically people who were fed up with one body doing things they saw as wrong started their own. The Ring Magazine belt is the best one since that isn't only won by beating the previous champion, you have to beat at least one other top ranked fighter too, though they don't actually sanction fights, just have a list of criteria.

Of the actual bodies which sanction fights the WBC is generally seen as the most prestigious but it all depends on who the champion is generally. For example the WBC heavyweight champion is Deontay Wilder who is yet to beat anyone who is any good so the belt is seen as pretty much worthless, but if he beats Povetkin in his next fight (a legitimately good fighter) the belt will be seen as having regained some real value.
>>
>>66437964
thanks lad.

with all the differences in the sanctioners, it really does seem like a power ranking by a respectable magazine is a better source of acknowledgement than some corrupt 3rd-world alphabet soup organization that you have to pay off to get a belt from
>>
>>66435365
Because gloves have become more and more padded over time, boxers are able to take a longer and more sustained beating. They give the illusion of being safer, when in reality it's arguably the opposite.
>>
>>66438058
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of the time in a lot of the weights there's no fighter that actually fills all the criteria needed to be the Ring Magazine champion. But there's also the Ring Magazine pound for pound rankings which sort of fills the void. Somewhat confusingly being on this list can be more bad than good, especially if you're from a country which isn't in a big market since the fighters from big markets who do make lots of money will want to avoid you so they don't lose and ruin the hype behind them. Biggest example at the moment is that a Mexican called Canelo Alvarez just managed to avoid a mandatory with the guy #3 on the list to instead fight a British fighter who generally fights at much lower weights than him because it will make far more money.

A shame and hopefully we'll see him against Golovkin eventually but that's boxing. The price you pay for athletes not being ridiculously underpaid like in UFC is them having almost too much power.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/ratings
>>
>>66435465
>I'm all for a freer society with less babying of people, but
Stopped reading right there. That sort of phrase is always followed by an argument for increased authoritarian nannying.
>>
>>66438088
Yeah as a casual, GGG vs Canelo seems like it'd be as big of a fight as possible for the current state of boxing. It seems like a no-brainer. Two guys who combined have never been KO'd and only one loss between them. Hopefully Canelo keeps the agreement to fight Golovkin after Khan. From what I've read, standard boxing procedure is that he'll complain about the weight differences or the gate split and weasel out of it.
>>
>>66435512
i think what you're trying to say is "just be good at boxing then you won't die"
also, he's a featherweight, where knockouts are less likely and also it's the 1950's, athletes now especially in sports divided by weight have like minimal body fat, back then they had more fat to them but had less muscle to keep in the weight division making them not nearly as forceful as boxers are now.
it's a fucked sport, literally having to get yourself up off the ground after being knocked out to protect your ego and not your health, same shit at concussionball
>>
>>66435918
>You are right about one thing, I am a boxer. Boxing got me off the streets and off drugs
kek you went from ruining your mind, to ruining your mind
>>
>>66435542
>no brain problems

hes black, you wouldnt notice either way
>>
File: floyddocumens0.png (1 MB, 1024x1325) Image search: [Google]
floyddocumens0.png
1 MB, 1024x1325
>>66437034
>>66437025
>>
Just make all the weight classes heavier so that people fight nearer their natural weight.

If they go into the fight healthier then they'll probably leave the fight healthier.
>>
>>66438338
There are already heavier weight classes. I as a 5'11 person naturally weigh 170, but why fight there when I could cut my body fat and weigh in at 155?

If you want people to fight heavier you'd need to mandate a minimum body fat %. They do that here in USA for amateur wrestling. It's something like, they weigh you at the start of a season, making sure you are at or above 7% body fat, then that weight is the lowest you are allowed to compete at for each meet that year.

For pro boxing I guess they could maybe do weigh in a month before the fight, then every couple days until the fight. This would require you to keep at the weight for a sustained time, meaning you can't just plunge down to it briefly and then bounce back up. don't know how feasible that is tho; i'm not a doctor or a fighter.
>>
>>66438409

Thanks for this post, it's interesting and better put that what I said.

I didn't know they did that with amateur wrestling. It seems like a better idea than weigh-ins the day before.

I mean I've lost weight too quickly and it made me feel like shit physically and mentally, can't imagine how it must feel to have to fight someone when you're feeling that bad.

I think something does need to change, look at the Dada 5000 controversy.
>>
>wanting to ban something done between consenting adults just because it's "dangerous" to the participants

Why tho
>>
>>66435019
how about you remove kebab first and then worry about boxing?
>>
>>66438338
The issue with this wasn't the weight at all, Blackwell is a freak of nature hardman who managed to keep throwing punches and stay steady on his feet even though he was taking an unbelievable beating. The normal rules for when the ref stops a fight didn't have apply to him because he wasn't acting like anyone else does when they're on the edge of getting permanently damaged.

Unfortunate yes, and says a lot about Blackwell's heart, but not damning for boxing at all.
>>
>>66438495

>BRAVE BRITISH LIONHEART OF ST GEORGE

Almost as dumb as the Japanese BUSHIDO NEVER GIVE UP GLORY IN DEFEAT
>>
>>66438495

This. I actually watched the fight on Channel 5, Blackwell apparently had a reputation for coming on stronger in the later rounds, so the ref probably let this sway his judgement until it became really apparent that he was taking a real beating.

You could hear Chris Eubank Sr telling the ref he needed to call it off, he even went around to the other corner.
>>
>>66438564
Nobody said he was smart, to go into a sport like boxing you almost can't be. Heart of a lion none the less.
>>
>>66435465
>headgear allows for more brain trauma
i don't believe this is true
>>
>>66438598

I meant the argument that careers should be cut short because someone shows heart and toughness is stupid and irresponsible, and people who buy into the romanticised idea of it don't help matters.
>>
who TBE here?
>>
>>66438627
Yea, just look at injuries in American football compared to rugby.
Nobody is going to lead a tackle with their head running at full speed if they don't have a helmet on.
>>
>>66435966
You can die from playing video games too.
>>
>>66436872
Kid Chocolate. Suck a dick "fanatic".
>>
I don't think we need to ban boxing. Its not like we don't know the risks, its not like they haven't tried to make it safer. The only problem is the referees. The refs need to be trained to stop fights and deliver punishments to those breaking rules like shots to the back of the head, low blows, etc.

I've seen many instances of referees blatantly fucking fights up and even being called out on it afterwards. If we can fix this, we can fix boxing, less people get seriously hurt
>>
Boxing thread on /sp/? Sweet.

Who hype for Triple G vs. Dominic Wade?

Will the Khazakh Destroyer claim another scrub or will Wade pull the upset of the year?
>>
>>66438307
>Occupation: rich
>>
>>66438627
headgear in boxing is really just their so you dont get cut and bruised and youll still get bruised with it its the most pointless piece of equipment ive ever used for a sport
>>
>nignogs and dumb spics and whites killing each other

Problem? Nah

>go to /pol/

Okay then reddit, just ban boxing.
>>
>>66435365
Boxing has become more dangerous since the advent of gloves. Back when it was bareknuckled/wrapped, you had the points system because you'd break your hands if you tried to hit your opponent to hard around the face. Gloves just give protection to your hands while barely cushioning the blows, you can hit harder without worrying about breaking anything.
>>
>>66435870
>SAYS THE GERMAN AS HIS COUNTRY IS LITERALLY OVERRUN WITH THIRD WORLD TRASH

Looks like some people decided on your behalf to turn your country into a backwater shithole, thats how society works
>>
>>66439854
No me its a mismatch and GGG should just move up in weight and forget about the pussys ducking him, I wanna see him fight real competition not Dominic Wade who just fights cab drivers
>>
>>66435567
Great. Someone can still win a fight with a concussion. Doesn't mean it's safe.
>>
>>66441440
>>66441440
Life isnt safe you little faggot
>>
Im opening a boxing gym soon.

The issues are poor and cheap coaching as well as shitty rules. Boxing has not adjusted for concussion research, and they are failing themselves. 10 count might be too high, knockdowns need to be adjusted, this one is hard to touch though. Rules need to be enforced, and people need to see boxing as a sport that could be altered. There are really nice changes in alternative boxing that are probably going to boom due to the technology allowing for people to actually see hits and give a more quantitative score. I think the future might be with something like number of hits, I wonder if studies exist with a correlation to number of hits taken a fight and certain degrees of damages.
>>
>nick blackwell
>got blacked well

heh
>>
>>66441440
Ok. Let's just cover everything in bubble wrap.
>>
>>66435019

>Germany

Looks like Merkel's "liberal" polices have gotten to you friend. You sound like a fucking cuck.
>>
Needs to be much better testing for PEDs, it's more or less fine in other sports. But in boxing and MMA where the sole purpose is to damage your opponent it rally needs to be controlled better.

Gloves should be made smaller too, all this extra padding does very little to prevent concussions.
>>
In a perfect world boxing wouldn't exist. This world is far from perfect. Boxing is a true test of the human condition, it shouldn't be banned.
>>
>>66435820
>MUH FREEDUMS
>MUH RIGHT TO CHOOSE

Face it. People are stupid and make stupid choices. We have social security because people are too stupid to save up for their retirement. Humans by nature are not good at long term planing.

Boxing is worthless in the modern world except for a mediocre form of self defense.
>>
>>66441987
Hello, Hillary
>>
>>66442022
I'm a rightest authoritarian, so no.

>Trump hurr durr

Trump's an overcompensating tomato that preys on poorly educated retards who are even worse at long term planning.
>>
>>66442053
You're an autist. Gotcha
>>
>>66442060
You're a cuck. Gotcha
>>
More people die in professional cycling than in professional boxing. Keep things in perspective
>>
>>66435019
Hey, fuck him, Anon, if he was a better boxer he’d still be alive. If he never laced up his glove, which he never should have done in the first fuckin’ place, he’d still be alive.
>>
File: 1454014127973.jpg (165 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
1454014127973.jpg
165 KB, 1032x774
>>66442112
>>
>>66442070
Lmao, bud, I'm not the one that gets triggered about people fighting
>>
>>66442112
He is still alive? Typical MMA fan mentality, not every fighter and every fight has to be at the highest eschelon of the sport...
>>
>>66435019

Dats ma boyy Chris Jr putting niggas in a coma. How you gonna have no amateur fights and front on a nigga like jr like he aint no thang. Talk shit in them early rounds son and get put in an early grave.
>>
>>66442146
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>66442152
Chrissy is the pepe of boxing
>>
>>66442181
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>66435365
over time in all sports strength, conditioning and technique have improved along with higher populations pools to choose the elite from

athletes today are simply stronger, faster and better than in the past
>>
>>66442174
How dumb as fuck are you Mr Amerifat?
>>
File: butch.jpg (58 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
butch.jpg
58 KB, 640x360
>>66442122
>>66442146
>>66442207
>what is Pulp Fiction
>>
>>66435558
The best boxer in Mexico is White
>>
>>66442207
You wrote that sentence like the wild aspie you are.

It also makes a completely nonsensical and patently false implication that MMA fans can only enjoy that every fight has to be at the "highest eschelon" which is probably the polar opposite
>>
>>66441823
If I were trying to cover everything in bubble wrap, I'd say get rid of the sport entirely. I'm not. I'm saying that the 10 count is dangerous, archaic, and adds nothing to the sport.
>>
>>66442360
Suck ur mum
>>
>>66442112
Topkek. Wonder how many are going to totally miss on this one.
>>
>>66442516

It gives you a chance to recover and carry on. Jack Dempsey once was knocked clear out of the ring and came back to stop his opponent. Just because you are downed sometimes doesn't mean you are knocked silly and can't continue.
>>
>>66442955
I know what it's there for. I don't believe it should be part of the rules. Why should you get recovery time?
>>
>>66441987
If boxing is 'worthless' than so is 99% of what we call entertainment.
>>
File: 1456865883064.gif (2 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456865883064.gif
2 KB, 300x300
>>66441987

Fuck off back to kfc, Jamal.

> tfw I slept two wannabe thug nigs during the same school year after they started shit

> broke both of their noses

> was 16

> didnt get fucked with again

> enrolled in pal boxing since I was 10
>>
>>66443338
>tfw I slept with two wannabe thug nigs during the same school year

Slut
>>
>>66443139
Are you trolling or just a bit drunk?
>>
>>66443139

Cus boxing is a sport where they have a little bit of pride. They allow a man to get back on his feet and decide whether to continue or not. Instead of dribbling his head off the floor.
>>
>>66443463
No seriously. When your ass gets knocked out, why should you be allowed to come back and keep fighting?
>>
>>66443534
That's not a reason why guys should get recovery time. What's wrong with the idea that if you're rocked hard enough you can't immediately get to your feet, you've been TKO'ed?
>>
>>66444189
If you can get up and going within 10 seconds you have not been knocked out.
>>
>>66444259
Watch Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClellan, Benn gets knocked twice, first time out of the ring for 9 seconds, comes back to put McClellan in a coma. You should always be given the 10 second count, unless you cant put your hands up to defend yourself.
>>
has anyone ever seen boxing live up close? its brutal. to be fair the fight was pretty one sided but i was mortified by the punches. call me a pussy but i can do without watching that shit again. i wouldnt take anyone to boxing especially underage kids
>>
>>66444715
Again, so what? If your argument is "if we give guys enough time they can come back and win", why not give boxers a 30 count? Why not a full minute? Way more dudes would be able to come back and win if you did that.
>>
>>66444651
If your lights go out for even a split second, you've been knocked out. Just because you come around within a couple seconds doesn't change that.
>>
>>66444860
would fucking love to keep you on the end of my jab
>>
>>66446474
Quit kidding yourself. I've been knocked lights out twice and took numerous head shots on other occasions in which i didn't even skip a beat in what i was doing nor lost awareness of the situation.

By your standards, someone merely has to be touched with a feather for a knockout to be scored.
>>
>>66446474

ya m8 its always a very case by case basis.

Refs wave fights off all the time even if the fighter beats the count because they don't think he's fit to keep boxing.
>>
>>66446556
I think your brain trauma is showing.
>>
>>66447392
Why does everyone need to talk to me like I don't know anything about boxing? I know these things. My dad was a boxer before getting drafted, and taught the sport to me. I grew up watching it.

The 10-count doesn't do anything but make the sport more dangerous. The only arguments people have for it are "that's how it's always been" and "you can totally still win once you've been knocked down", neither of which are compelling arguments. The sport would be perfectly fine if we eliminated the 10-count and simply ended the fight if at any time a fighter couldn't defend himself. If you don't want to go that far, change it to a 5-count. The point is, 10 seconds is too long, and gives guys too much of a chance to keep fighting after getting rocked.
>>
>>66446452
The 10 count let's the ref look at the boxer. To see if he can really still fight. To save the fighter from himself. If the red is counting to 10 and deems the boxer not recovered or hurt, he will call the fight. Learn the fucking rules dipshit.
>>
>>66446474
Slips and accidental trips now end fights. Good thing you are the boss of sport.
>>
What about G Man who's blind and deaf and needs constant attention around the clock because of a boxing match
>>
>>66451608
Because you clearly know nothing about boxing or the 10 count. That is why people talk to you the way they do. If you read the leafs post he explains the reason for the 10 count.
>>
If he dies, he dies.
>>
>>66435465
Maybe in your country where all your best boxers are first generation immigrants and get battered by anyone as soon as the fight isn't fixed by your dodgy judges
>>
>>66435998
You're making the point that a minority of people will make money but are disregarding the fact that it is an even smaller minority who suffer brain damage.
>>
>>66435019

Boxing should use smaller gloves like mma
>>
>>66435019

OP sounds like a cuck who got beat up by a boxer

Boxer prolly slapped the shit out of him in HS, fucked his girlfriend, and left him ready to an hero if it wasn't for world of warcraft
>>
>>66441440

IRL if you get your chin rocked 9/10 times you are done, they could just hammer fist or soccer kick your head unconscious

the count system is literally useless and no way indicative of what would happen in a real fight
>>
>>66441987

Mediocre?

I've literally dropped 2 guys older than me that bullied my younger brother in HS because I competed on a regional level in boxing

In school you're called a faggot if you snitch and you get emotionally tortured if you don't

The only solution is to throw a right hand to their jaws and put them in their place
>>
>>66441440
Knocked down does not equal concussion, majority of the time in boxing it's due to balance being off and a well timed punch being the same as a well placed shove.
>>
>>66451608
> The sport would be perfectly fine if we eliminated the 10-count and simply ended the fight any time a fighter couldn't defend himself.
You clearly can't watch a lot of boxing or know much about it to not know what a TKO is, or to have seen multiple referees wave off a fight when to many fans they seem perfectly fine.
>>
Why are Germans such beta faggots, holy shit?

Kill yourself, OP.
>>
File: G Man.jpg (21 KB, 669x377) Image search: [Google]
G Man.jpg
21 KB, 669x377
>>66452200
That is sad tbf, you guys seen the short documentary where a former boxing photographer goes and visits him? G Man is always my champion <3
>>
Gypsy lord is at it again
>>
>>66435019

No, lets not ban boxing.
>>
>>66453782
German bros are cute
>>
>>66454129
povetkin lies about his height. no way hes over 6'1 i doubt hes even that
>>
>>66437320
His son was 22 when he wrote this...
>>
>>66453787
he was a scumbag
>>
>>66452200

to be fair that was a fucking awesome fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7to-Ch5Omaw
Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.