[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roy Hodgson says he will not jettison Wayne Rooney for Euro 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: Roy-Hodgson.jpg (34 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Roy-Hodgson.jpg
34 KB, 615x409
>Roy Hodgson has indicated that Wayne Rooney will continue in England’s attack once he returns from injury despite Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy delivering a powerful case to change the order of merit with their goals in the 3-2 comeback win against Germany that has given the team a significant lift in advance of Euro 2016.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/27/roy-hodgson-wayne-rooney-euro-2016

It could potentially be coming home, but it won't

English anons, explain yourselves
>>
Is there a worst thing for a sports organization to happen than an old boys club?
>>
Vardy shouldn't play full games. He is a massive threat against tired legs so he is a extremely potent super sub. I would rather have rooney in the team over henderson. As long as Kane, alli and dyer are in the team and vardy comes on at some point I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>66433109
>Vardy shouldn't play full games.
>>
>>66433059

>Woy knowing anything

Enjoy another POINTless tournament
>>
>>66433109
In theory, that sounds reasonable

In actual fact, Rooney would massively shit everything up with his atrocious ball control. He could literally never score the goal Vardy scored, or set up Alli like Vardy did. With Rooney, as a striker or in Alli's position, you're going out at the fucking group stage.
>>
File: 1453810693120.jpg (47 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1453810693120.jpg
47 KB, 680x383
>>66433059
> Implying Nike (Rooney's personal sportswear sponsor) aren't making the FA pick him for the Euros

It's an utter fucking DISGRACE that a player who has been shit for years, never shown up for a tournament and has been injured for most of the season, will get picked over Vardy/ Kane/ Alli.

He shouldn't even be contemplated, yet he'll start with the captains armband. Why? Because it's Wayne Rooney.

> muh 50 goals
Against fucking literally who countries.

Vardy scored against Germany. Rooney has NEVER EVER scored against Germany.
>>
we're gonna win it all lads
>>
>>66433416
>Against fucking literally who countries.

David Nugent has a calibre scoring against Literally who countries with a 1:1 caps to goals ratio.
Where's his call up?

>>66433109

> Vardy shouldn't play full games
Yet he has never been a sub this season.
>>
>>66433461
>Yet he has never been a sub this season.
Because he's integral to Leicester's way of playing, the NT has other options.
>>
I am only supporting England at the euros if they pick actual good players who did well this year (Vardy, Kane et al). I want them to lose if they pick Rooney and Welbeck ahead of them tbqh
>>
>>66433181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BfleZGIN4

should play them both for max memes
>>
Woy and the English FA are a fucking joke.

Lads what's the chances of Looney getting injured again before the start of the Euros?
>>
>everyone is mad about wooney making the team
>hendershit flys under the radar and shits up the midfield
>>
When money comes before results. You guys really are cucked huh?
>>
>>66434634

this senpai
>>
thank you woy you are my greatest ally
>>
i dont get it

rooney has been SHIT for england for years. why the fuck does he play him?

kane should lead the line
>>
>>66437849
>rooney has been SHIT for england for years. why the fuck does he play him?

muh experience
muh captain
muh leadership and loyalty
>>
>Early 00s GOAT generation failed because no one could get lamps and gerrard to play together
>GOAT generation of strikers will fail because of fucking wayne rooney
kane, sturridge, vardy, berahino, defoe, austin, walcott, deeney, rashford

literally all better than rooney and there's probably some i forgot
>>
File: tips nosedora.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tips nosedora.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>66437761
>I don't rate Henderson
>>
>>66435313
That was a fluke
>>
I want to get off Mr Woy's Wild Wide
>>
The euros would be a 100% lock for England this year if """"we"""" had literally any manager who wasn't Roy "my biggest achievement was winning the Swedish League" Hodgeson.

Im pretty sure UEFA are involved somewhere here
>>
>>66437761
You mean Lallana right?

Henderson is OK, Lallana is shite and his consistently poor club performances do not merit him being called up.
>>
>>66438005
>consistently poor club performances
Confirmed for not watching him this season.

Absolutely ran the show against both manchester teams
>>
I wouldn't have Rooney for my club team and they're in the fucking championship.
>>
>tfw Rooneys career will always be remembered for shitting over our euro 2016 chances

Feelsgoodman
>>
File: roon.png (77 KB, 229x245) Image search: [Google]
roon.png
77 KB, 229x245
White Heskey is going to fuck it all up. Funny shit ahead.
>>
File: ageofrooney.jpg (156 KB, 1345x239) Image search: [Google]
ageofrooney.jpg
156 KB, 1345x239
>>
How exactly did Woy keep his job after 2014?
>>
>yfw the madmen actually do it and Rooney is hailed as the greatest English player of all time
>>
Rooney should be back for the Everton game. Someone should tell McCarthy Ireland will win the Euros if he breaks his legs.
>>
>>66438042
based japan
>>
File: 1458776366846.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458776366846.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>66433059
top lel
>>
>>66437982
He also got Fulham to the uefa cup final
>>
>>66438042
GOAT post desu
>>
>>66438051
McCarthy couldn't get near Rooney lol

Did you see him against arse? Absolutely no clue
>>
>>66437949
>defoe
>this generation
>>
>>66437740
we can make it happen

for england, james
>>
>>66438068

damn i remember that fulham run, fuck atletico for cucking them tbqhwy, zamora was full meme mode
>>
Based Woy fucking Englands chances.
>>
Didierdrogba_itsadisgrace.jpg
>>
>>66433181
>Rooney could never scored a goal like vardys

You mean like the one he scored against Swansea this season?
>>
What is the problem with NTs? Why can't they just let go of shit players?

The german NT has the same problem with guys like Podolski.
>>
>>66433109
The worst part is the rest of your country is too batshit delusional to realise you're the only sane person posting from there.

You're pretty much 100% correct. This "hendo is a scapegoat for plebs" meme is just dreadful. He's a terrible player that would never make the international team in any other first world country - yes he wouldn't even make the Socceroos.

Top kek at the fellow that replied to you saying Rooneys ball control was atrocious and he could never score a goal like Vardy's yesterday... I just love how /sp/ doesn't watch games outside of the ones they care about. Rooney literally scored the same goal earlier this season with his weak foot. I also don't think I'd struggle to find a match from the last 4 months where he has done an assist equal to or greater than the one Alli (should have) had.

Delirious "fans" obsessed with trashing players rather than supporting them.

Luton Town fan btw.
>>
>>66438485
>podolski
>shit
>>
Rooney > Lellana. He should play in the hole behind Kane and Vardy.
>>
>>66433059
Rooney is still an essential pick for the squad. His experience is invaluable. However to suggest that he should receive an automatic pick for the starting 11 team is ridiculous.
Kane/Vardy upfront. 4-4-2 if need be.
>>
>>66438512
Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Klose wasn't shit either.
>>
>>66433109
I hate this -if he's fast he should be a super sub meme- He's been better than Rooney playing full matches for the entire season, it's not even close.

Rooney has been and continues to not play well. He's not as awful as everyone makes out but he's just not very good any more. To play him is just a stupid decision.
>>
>>66438030
I think I'm the first person to reply to you yet you've made some variation of this "joke" in every England euros thread.

Why don't you just accept that it's not funny and your career as an internet comedian on a jakartan needle threading helpline was dead before it started?
>>
>>66438485

Managers get used to having "their" players in the NT, and can overlook form for it, since they "know he's a good larker".

It takes a strong mind to not just settle for what you know, hence why Woy tries to get about 8 Liverpool players in every squad. For someone who's apparently a real intellectual of the game, he's worse than Sven for "muh big names" in a season where the usual top clubs are doing shit.
>>
>>66438485

podolski seems to have a good work ethic. having a senior player that gives leadership plus he is a good squad player is good famalam. you can't have a bunch of youngcucks with no leadership specially that lahm and klose aren't there anymore.
>>
>>66438516
How does experience alone help you when playing football? Either you are good or you're not. Some players improve over time, some go downhill over time, but there is no separate category outside of your performance on the pitch called 'experience'.

If dele alli is physically, skilfully and tactically better than Rooney, that's the end of the story. There is no 'yes but..'
>>
>>66438485
Podolski won't start for Germany though, he'll be a squad player and maybe come on as a sub to close out games.

Cant say the same for Rooney though
>>
England euro match bingo cards will just be 5x5 squares of "Vardy would have scored that"
>>
>>66438665
>5 goals since november man
>scoring anything
>>
Anyone who says Rooney should stopped for being injured and out of form but still thinks wilshit should go is probably brain damaged desu
>>
>>66438678

Only /sp/ plastics could put a bad spin on a 20-goal season striker. Go back to Sport Bible or whatever.
>>
>>66438698
Why the fuck is Daniel Sturridge still being considered?
>>
>>66438714
because he's not old and fat and shit
>>
>>66438714
When fit hes a very good player, and I'd fancy him to score more from the wings than every other pacy black winger we have
>>
>>66438724
Well he's not old and fat
>>
>>66438678
everyone sits back against Leicester now, they cant play their usual game and it's not like he hasn't been assisting
>>
>>66438517
for the national team they were both great you shitlord
>>
>>66438640
>I've never played sport in my life
>>
>>66438727
>still being considered
so waste possession when we have options in the box like he always does
>>
de gay
>>
Does any of you faggots actually have any proof whatsoever that Rooney is called up for commercial reasons first most or are you just shitposting as usual? That's what i thought
>>
>>66438714
because he has the 4th best goals/assists per minute ratio in PL history
>>
>>66433059

> tfw Rooney throws his biennial on pitch international match tantrum

It was half cute when we could explain it away as immaturity and inexperience but the fucker is 30 now and we all know it's going to happen again.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.