[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whya are 3 pointers allowed in basketball?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
If two teams are playing, one always shoots 3 pointers, the other always shoots 2 pointers.

Assuming they both get comparable amount of shots. If the 2 point shooting team scores all their shots, the 3 point team can still win with a 67% shot accuracy.

Why is this allowed, 3 points need to be removed, or harder to get.
>>
>niggerball
>>
>>66432665
It's almost as if the 3 point shot is a rarer talent to find or something
>>
>>66432665
>3 points need to be removed, or harder to get.
Or relatively worth less.
Make 2 pointers worth 3 points and 3 pointers worth 4.
>>
Why are touchdowns allowed if field goals are only three points? Rely make u think
>>
File: PHO-09Oct16-182713.jpg (206 KB, 729x424) Image search: [Google]
PHO-09Oct16-182713.jpg
206 KB, 729x424
>>66432737
>>
>>66432665
>or harder to get.
they are. if they were as easy to get as 2 pointers, then everyone would shoot 3 pointers and there would be no 2 pointers
>>
If anything basketball needs more mutlipoint shots. A basket from behind half court should be worth 12 points.
>>
Because its a pretty looking gimmick.

Coach Popovich (The greatest coach in all of sports history) - "I'll never embrace it. I don't think it's basketball. I think it's kind of like a circus sort of thing. Why don't we have a 5-point shot? A 7-point shot? You know, where does it stop, that sort of thing. But that's just me, that's just old-school. To a certain degree, you better embrace it or you're going to lose. And every time we've won a championship, the 3-point shot was a big part of it. Because it is so powerful and you've gotta be able to do it. And nobody does it better than Golden State, and you know where they're at. So it's important. You can't ignore it."
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.