[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You now remember when United fans tried to convince everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 8
You now remember when United fans tried to convince everyone that he would be elite.
>>
Pic related could be 500 different players, including shit like Bobby Charlton or George Best and, obviously, Paul Scholes.
>>
>future GOAT m8

Add him and Depay to the list. This club are so shit at transfers it just makes Fergie even more of a God.
>>
>you will never be as twinkish as januzaj
>>
>>66429506
Nigga got a big head, then couldn't even scratch the field at Dortmund. Isn't he languishing in the U-21s for United right now kek?
>>
File: macheda-432970.jpg (29 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
macheda-432970.jpg
29 KB, 590x350
>>66429624
Pretty much. At least he didn't fall off as hard as le peak on your professional debut man
>>
>>66429506
cant really judge him or memepiss when they're playing under meme: the manager
>>
>you now remember anderson
>>
and tbf he looked really good under moyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgI56dEUmxo

like a whole season not just one game. he just needs a manager that doesn't play backwardball
>>
>>66429529
Charlton and Best were better than anything Spain has ever produced.
>>
>>66429857
>he doesn't rate anderson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCBtlUwnhkw

he wasn't always fat as fuck and lazy
>>
>>66429888
That doesn't mean they weren't shit m8
>>
>>66429860
Kek he suck he always dives and has shitty decision making no coach can fix that.
>>
>>66429860
>>66429894
>youtube clips of 'skills'
>literally the one or maybe two touches per game where they did something noteworthy
>be shit for the rest of the game

Go play FIFA Bogdan, adults are having a conversation.
>>
>>66430014
the fuck do you want me to do, post full games? go watch them if you wanna be right like me Kone
>>
>>66429544
Fergie has had one "decent" signing since 2005 and that was De Gay. Manchester United in the transfer market are literal shit tier
>>
He wasn't even bad

Van gaal just refused to play him because of his meme status and now his career is ruined

Although Moyes trying to force him as a number 10 when he was clearly a winger was a bit silly
>>
>>66429894

>He played Gerrard off the park.

This is the only thing United fans can say about him despite being shit in just about every other game.
>>
>>66430091
Van der Sar, Carrick, Evra, Vidic, Van Persie were all pretty good
>>
remember when england were trying to convince him to take citizenship so he could play for the NT

l o l
>>
>>66430051
>the fuck do you want me to do, post full games?

No. I just want you to try to form an objective opinion before riding a player's nuts. You owe yourself that much.
>>
File: abu.png (263 KB, 651x718) Image search: [Google]
abu.png
263 KB, 651x718
>wilson will be goat
>martial is so much better than welbeck

>literal who rashford need to come on to score goals

manu fans don't know how to hype properly. tbf, everyone will be laughing when rashford go spiraling down in the championship, but he was never good to begin with, just struck lucky
>>
>>66430482
>martial is so much better than welbeck

He fucking is
>>
>>66430416
Chicharito was good too, he was like £6m and provided lots of important goals.
>>
>>66430510
>Welbeck: 276 mins/ 3 goals
>Martial: 2084 mins / 7 goals
>Rashford 335 mins / 3 goals
>it is not about the stats
>van laal is killing him with the filosofy

the 50M+ fee blinds you m9
>>
martial has huge potential
>>
>>66430439
That was embarrassing as fuck from the meeja, considering he had more legitimate claims to play for five other nations.
>>
>>66430560
>it is not about the stats

It's not.
>>
>>66430560
such a shame that people have to rely on numbers instead of their own eyes
>>
Even his brother Thorgan surpassed him
>>
>>66430573
>le blacks have larger potential myth

you could have the same argument for every u20 player at big clubs, he looks like someone who is more developed compared to his age group. Lukaku was scoring regulalry in the EPL at 20, but people still say he is a donkey because he is a chelsea reject. Alli looks better, so does Dybala. Pogba was miles ahead at 20, yet no one was paying attention at Manchester.
>muh Ravel Morrison
>>
>>66430620
>>66430634
he looks like an above average player in a shit (upper - thanks DDG) midtable team. He can start every game. Literal who is scoring at a better rate. This season should have been his breakthrough.
Welbeck was sold after better performances.
>but Martial has a serious look, so he is sure to achieve higher things
>>
>>66430510
>le black pacebabby

Will Englishmen ever not fall for this? Literally every one of them is held up as a future GOAT before being found out as a fraud.

>SWP
>Dyer
>Walcott
>Lennon
>Sinclair
>Morrison
>Welbeck
>Zaha

There are more that I'm forgetting, and these are only some of the English ones.
>>
Manure fans are hilarious, they still can't get over the fact that Manchester is blue and that Liverpool FC is the bigger club of all three.
>>
>>66430912
>canadians
>>
File: xdd.jpg (99 KB, 424x500) Image search: [Google]
xdd.jpg
99 KB, 424x500
>manure ""fans""
>>
I'll never forget when Sporting Kansas City absolutely blew the fuck out of manchester united. I still go back and watch that game every couple of weeks when I see euro fans making fun of the MLS... We are the better league now and we have the less delusional fanbase. EPL fans always HYPE the fuck out of new players whereas in MLS we actually build them up into superstars.
>>
>>66430802
>Sterling was signed by Manchester City in a transfer potentially worth £49 million, the highest transfer fee ever paid for an English player

it is ingrained at this point, the national bantz cycle

1. big up young black player
2. act said when others sign him for a gorilion
3. laugh at them when he is found out

if you happen to be the signing club, try to defend him, he might keep some of his value, then cry yourself into sleep
>>
>>66430757
>he looks like an above average player
Blatantly wrong. He's a constant threat in a poor team under a manager that tends to stifle attacking prowess. He plays well for France too.

>Literal who scoring at a better rate
Yeah because 5 games is such a big sample size.

>This season should have been his breakthrough
He already made a breakthrough by proving everyone wrong about how much of a waste of money he was. He's only going to get better.

You sound like such a delusional racist.
>>
>>66430991
Oh yeah, and Martial plays on the wing more than half the time. Whereas Welbeck and Rashford both played as strikers in their limited time this season.

But nah, let's just use simple stats. They definitely paint the entire picture.
>>
>>66430757
you clearly don't know shit about what you're talking
>This season should have been his breakthrough
yeah because a 19 yo coming from another country, from another league should deliver in his first season when the team is in shambles
do you think cristiano ronaldo delivered on his first season at united too? and that was with a team miles ahead of the current shit
fuck, /sp/ kiddies are becoming more and more retarded
>>
>>66431042
tbf Hungary have never had a relevant player so they won't know what player development actually looks like
>>
>>66430991
>a constant threat

surely you can't keep a straight face while typing that. A 7 goals constant threat for 50M+, come on m8

>He already made a breakthrough
18 year old literal who is playing in his position, he is regarded as one of the highlight of the season and carried mighty united to 6th place after 30 games

>racist
>can't provide stats, better use an ad hominem

pc is really gone tot far when I can't even say black. I guess rating Pogba and Lukaku do not count
>>
>>66431095
Puskas?
>>
>>66431107
He's having to play wide because Memepiss is shit and everyone else is injured and also shit

Being a constant threat doesn't mean you have to score every time, especially given as he's the only threat at United he gets three players surrounding him at all times
>>
>>66431107
>surely you can't keep a straight face while typing that. A 7 goals constant threat for 50M+, come on m8

On the wing. Again, you're just using simple stats to back up your shit argument. Bear in mind that Uniteds league top scorer this season is Martial and Rooney on 7 goals. That shows how crap LVG has been when it comes to attacking play, he'd rather win 1-0 with 80% possession than 3-2 with 40% possession.

>18 year old literal who is playing in his position, he is regarded as one of the highlight of the season and carried mighty united to 6th place after 30 games
Marital's position is up front and on the left. Considering how shit Memphis has been, it's makes much more sense to have Martial on the left and Rashford up front. You don't just drop a player who scored 5 goals in 8 games.

Not gonna lie, you sound incredibly bitter.
>>
>>66431042
I know it is hard to accept for manu and frog fans their jewel player is nothing special, but he is playing every game and produces nothing, you can't really use the age argument here. His team is at 6th partly because of him. And he was 50M+

Last years Berahino and Benteke were outscoring him. Tbf, Benteke outscoring him this season too and he is used as a laughing stock.

>>66431095
I have no horse in this race, sorry if my objectivity hurts you.
>>
>>66429912
>charlton and best
>shit
>spanish humour
>>
>>66431135
>Being a constant threat doesn't mean you have to score every time

Sometimes you should score though. You know, for 50M there are players who do that. Looking menacing does not right cut it.

>>66431171
lad, you don't even have any stats to back up anything. Yes, Rooney scored goals and everybody wants him out. Just like everybody wanted Cheech out. MU is worse than halal recently. I don't even care about MU, just laughing at their fans delusion and how they are turning into Liverpool and still try to claim they are better.
>>
>>66431242
but you don't watch him, you clearly just give the stats when they're just a little part and not the whole story, why would I take your joke of an opinion seriously? he's already making differences in our NT
>Last years Berahino and Benteke were outscoring him
both played 3 seasons with their teams before reaching their best outputs, and almost exclusively as strikers while martial is now playing more as a winger
all you have is his price tag that you keep repeating without the context
>>
>>66431326
>lad, you don't even have any stats to back up anything

Here's the problem with stats. You can't put a stat on a player who can terrorise a defence and improve the performances of players around him. All you have to do is watch him to know his quality and his potential, but you're so fixated on stats that you're using them to paint a false image that he's just some average player.

Average players don't arrive to the Premier League with the weight of a hefty price tag on his shoulders at 19 and play well for one of the biggest clubs in the world against experienced Premier League players.
>>
>>66431346
Benteke was actually outscoring him every season since forever, but lets just pretend it is not a fact.

his price tag is the context. It is not MU's job to develop Martial. Their aim is to be successful and 50M should be the means to achieve it. Harry Kane is raping all teams left and right. And so did last year.
I know people need to justify the huge sum, but it does not magically increase his abilities.

> he's already making differences in our NT
> 2015– France 6 (0)
pls, France have a very good crop of players and Martial can't even score there.
>>
4 different managers have said he's got a bad attitude.
>>
>>66431506
>some average player

above average, but nothing special

the real problem is, without stats you can try to hide behind muh subjectivity, but it all falls apart seeing Martial's 7 goals and 6th place in the league

>Average players don't arrive to the Premier League with the weight of a hefty price tag on his shoulders at 19 and play well for one of the biggest clubs in the world against experienced Premier League players.

your rhetoric is stupid, there are youngsters every year doing well in e'p'l. Dele Alli is doing pretty good, but he did not cost a gorillion, oh well.
>>
>>66431171
Are you saying that winning 3-2 with 40% possession is better. I don't think a single manager out there would agree with you, not even Wenger or Klopp.
>>
File: januzaj.jpg (105 KB, 634x615) Image search: [Google]
januzaj.jpg
105 KB, 634x615
>>66429506

>the new ronaldo
>>
>>66431602
>It is not MU's job to develop Martial
Why not? Did you just decide that for yourself?

You do realise price tags aren't some form of power level right? The main reason why United were willing to pay that price for him was his potential. I doubt they even planned on having him be the main star, it was always looking like it would be the same as last season but with Memphis on the left instead.

He made an immediate impact and so he got rewarded with more playing time. And he continued to be a threat so he became a starter.

>>66431685
>but it all falls apart seeing Martial's 7 goals and 6th place in the league
And how is it Martial's fault for the failings of the rest of the team and the manager? Martial has by no means been perfect, but to not call him special is just wrong.

>there are youngsters every year doing well in e'p'l. Dele Alli is doing pretty good, but he did not cost a gorillion, oh well.
Yeah as he's playing for a better, well balanced team under a manager who knows how to nurture young talent. Stick Alli in this United side and I guarantee he wouldn't even be half the player.

>>66431728
Didn't necessarily say it was better, just that LVG isn't the best when it comes to organising an attack. Probably didn't phrase it well.
>>
>>66431685
Stats don't tell you anything without context though
Those 7 goals could have been match winners and scored after he beat an entire defence on his own. Or they could be consolations in 4-1 defeats from penalties
>>
>>66431752
That reminds me. Remember when they signed this guy as the long term replacement for Ronaldo?
>>
>>66431795
I'd say Valencia was more of a replacement, and he did reasonably well. That whole summer was a travesty though, losing Ronaldo and Tevez and bringing in Obertan, Valencia, Owen and Diouf. No wonder we're so shit now.
>>
>>66431685
If there's one outfield player I'd want from utd it's Martial. That said anyone justifying his price tag on the basis of his potential is delusional. He's a great prospect in the same way Iwobi or Loftus-Cheek are. Probably slightly further ahead in his development.

I wonder if the people considering him an astute buy think of Sterling as the transfer coup of the decade. Cause they bloody well should to be consistent.
>>
>>66431811
>That said anyone justifying his price tag on the basis of his potential is delusional

They didn't pay for it based on his current reputation and talent so of course it's for his potential. You spend £50m on a player who stays for 10 years and wins you titles and it's a good investment (see: Rio/Rooney)
>>
>>66431752
And this image right here is the perfect reason why you shouldn't rely entirely on stats. These stats nearly favour Januzaj over Ronaldo, yet it's so obvious who the better player was out of the two.

Ronaldo was absolutely electric from the minute he made his debut, everyone just knew he was destined for great things. Januzaj did well, but no way did he look as promising and exciting as young Ronaldo.
>>
>>66431602
>Benteke was actually outscoring him every season since forever
always playing as the striker in a system where he's the focal point of aston villa's attack
>his price tag is the context
it's not dumbfuck, the context is: monaco declared him untransferable after losing a lot of important players but united, desperate because woodward is a retard, waited the last moment to buy a striker when there was nothing left on the market and had to force monaco to sell him with an offer they couldn't refuse, otherwise he would have been sold for €30m max
>It is not MU's job to develop Martial
just like how it wasn't their job to develop Ronaldo too, right? you're fucking thick
>Harry Kane is raping all teams left and right
in a team working much better, and how many goals kane scored before his breakthrough season, so 3 years ago? 12 goals all comps which is what martial scored
>France 6 (0)
and 3 assists, and with 3 matches started like I said, you clearly don't know what you're talking, I'm done
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Hi lads, fox here, cheeky £1m bid for Janu with a buy back, very soon.
>>
>>66431786
but we know this not the case
>people only accepting stats when it suits them

shocking

>>66431778
that is how a business works, the players work for the club not the other way around
>Shipping out RVP, Cheech
yeah, he was signed for the bench surely

MU is shit, right, but get Alli and a striker who does not look threatening, but actually scores and they will be competing for 1-3. And yes, as the focal point of their attack for most of the season, it is Martial's fault for not scoring too. Why is everyone at fault except 50M+ boy?
>>
>>66431848
>tfw watching Man U Ronaldo highlights
>ripping teams apart on the counter with Rooney, Giggs and Tevez
>defenders falling on their arses everywhere
>watching Real M Ronaldo highlights
>tap ins and sulking
>>
>>66431843
Like I said, delusional. Rooney was a proven PL talent who delivered immediately. The side he broke into wouldn't have space for Martial on the bench. Yes, utd paid for potential but that doesn't make it an astute buy. There's a huge risk factor associated with potential, which is why even Ronaldo's retrospectively moderate price was seen as a risk at the time. Yes, if it all goes perfectly for Martial here on in and he gives utd 10 years of solid service the price will have been justified. Presently it's a massive overpayment.
>>
>>66431926
Given how few goals Man United score by their nature it follows that his 7 goals more than likely would have been crucial in securing points
>>
>>66432052
>Presently it's a massive overpayment
everybody agrees with that, even people who think he has loads of talent
>>
>>66431926
>And yes, as the focal point of their attack for most of the season, it is Martial's fault for not scoring too. Why is everyone at fault except 50M+ boy?

Because there isn't really a focal point of attack, Martial can't consistently score goals on the wing. LVG truly believed Rooney would be the 30 goal a season striker Utd desperately needed and that turned out to fail horribly.
>>
>>66430091
lol?
>>
>>66432052
I don't see how you can argue that it's delusion to suggest Martial was bought for his potential when you then go on to acknowledge the very point that he may just justify his price due to his potential

How much of his transfer cost he was worth can only be assessed after he's left United.
>>
i was laughing at the martial buy, but you can see the immense talent he has. sure it might just be le fast black attacker talent and he never improves and becomes consistant, but i wont laugh at the purchase anymore because you can see how dangerous he is on the pitch, uniteds only dynamic and direct attacker. the only one that can cause fear in the opposition

if you wanna laugh at them just pick pretty much any other failed signing, like memepiss for 30m, rojo, darmian, jones, etc etc those guys deserve it unlike martial
>>
>>66429888
>Charlton and Best were better than Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, and Biscuits
>>
>>66431811
>If there's one outfield player I'd want from utd it's Martial

see how you have to add outfield. More of a critique of their shit squad, he is their most expensive player right now, because of his transfer fee

>>66431863
>always playing as the striker in a system where he's the focal point of aston villa's attack
guess you mean this season, as he is practically frozen out of the first team

>woodward is a retard
yeah, you sure know better winning the league on FM, your damage control is hilarious

>>66431863
>just like how it wasn't their job to develop Ronaldo too, right? you're fucking thick
exactly. MU's job is to win trophies, milk the fans and keep the investors happy. Signing youth players is not a goal in itself. If they were more careful with their investments, would never sell Ronaldo that cheap. Or let Pogba go etc.

>in a team working much better
don't you ever wonder that team actually works better because they have better players?

>>66431863
>with 3 matches started
>he's already making differences

m9, you are embarrassing yourself. I see you are a Martial fanfrog, but you can't see straight.
>>
>>66432189
>that last point

Coming from the guy who thinks Welbeck and Rashford are better than Martial because they have a better scoring rate over 3 league games.
>>
>>66432189
>get BTFO and proven wrong post after post of contextless stats
>'you're a martial fanfrog, a FM kiddie'
yeah, fuck off
>>
hungary you are really embarrassing yourself senpai
>>
>>66432189
>don't you ever wonder that team actually works better because they have better players?

No, because real like isn't like FIFA.
Real Madrid sign superstars every season and perform like shit
Leicester change their manager and go through bottom of the league to champions within a year
>>
>>66432166
>How much of his transfer cost he was worth can only be assessed after he's left United.

he has not been delivering this season, so the bets are against him. He might turn it around but so can ThePie.

>>66432104
Again, literal who who cost peanuts is scoring for the last couple of games

>>66432053
some of them, but it was pointed out like it was worth 7 wins, which as we know not the case
>>
>>66432292
>get BTFO and proven wrong post after post of contextless stats

that is projecting, no need to be upset

>>66432284
>Coming from the guy who thinks Welbeck and Rashford are better than Martial

except for that I was saying they are performing better this season, nice one

>>66432310
>Leicester change their manager and go through bottom of the league to champions within a year
pls explain what happened, don't forget everything is more difficult in the England
>>
>>66432411
>except for that I was saying they are performing better this season, nice one

Nope, you were responding to a post who argued your point that Martial wasn't better than Welbeck. Nice one though, you're such a genius.
>>
>>66432166
Because you don't pay the price utd did for potential alone. Rooney was bought for his potential but also expected to deliver immediately. Even in today's crazy market potential signings are <20m. Like I mentioned Sterling, to call him a potential signing is not wrong, but given the price city paid for him he had the expectation to deliver immediately. To think that martial was bought purely for the bench is delusional. And as a first team regular he will be judged by those standards and not those applied to rashford.
>>
>>66429506
ABU is a preventable disease
>>
>>66432437
>Martial wasn't better than Welbeck

still isn't, as the season proves. Martial has not delivered anything to prove he is
>>
>>66432445
Fair enough, but the market is different nowadays. You wouldn't get an 18 year old Rooney for £30m in today's market.

Martial's £30m + add-ons is more in tune with what United paid for Ronaldo
>>
>>66432494
And what has Welbeck delivered exactly?
>>
>>66429506
Sorry, didn't realise Januzaj was 30 years old and had just been sold to some league 2 club.

Oh wait, that's because he's just turned 21 last month and /sp/ is full of shit.

The guy is literally a kid. There's no way you can judge him and say he won't be the next GOAT until he's at least 26.

You got 5 years. Come back in 2021 and make your shitty thread. Until then, fuck off.

Januzaj is more talented than Sterling who just got a £50,000,000 transfer.
>>
>>66432499
>who is dele alli
>but muh strikers are more expensive
>but muh english players are more expensive
>>
>>66432494
>this delusion

Martial has been the PLs best forward.
Welbeck has struggled to start for Arsenal ahead of Giroud and Walcott.
>>
>>66432511
I fucking hate the brit b8 shitposting
>>
>>66432530
>if I put muh I don't have to make an argument

Strikers ARE more expensive you fucking moron.
>>
>>66432511
The signs don't look good though. How many players who have been shunned by multiple coaches for their application have gone on to become world beaters?
>>
Rate my united team for 2016/17:

--------------Martial Rashford
Memphis Schneiderlin Fellaini Mata
Shaw Smalling Jones Darmian

subs: Rooney, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Young, Rojo, Blind, McNair
>>
>>66432530
I have no idea what point you're trying to make so I'll assume it's "spurs didn't pay anything for Alli"

Well no, but if someone wanted to buy him he'd cost more than Martial
>>
>>66432508
a better gpm ratio including a crucial injury time winner against the leaders. He was delivering when called upon
>>
>>66432582
De Gay as keeper obvi
>>
>>66432445
>Even in today's crazy market potential signings are <20m
no, shaw, sterling, markovic, lucas moura all bought at 20m+ prices in the name of potential
>>
>>66432590
Oh I see. So I guess any player with 2 goals in 1 game is better than Martial and Welbeck then.

You're so obsessed with stats it's rotting your brain.
>>
>>66432511
that's some dank pasta lad
>>
>>66431807
Tevez was a nothing player. Was actually glad when we didn't sign him on a perma-deal. Fans loved him for his effort, not his ability. Would take Chichairito (in his first season) Berbatov, Welbeck, van Persie (in his second season too) and Rooney (in any season) over him.

Valencia was a great signing.
Owen meant nothing because it was free. He scored one or two important goals so it was worth it. Signing Owen did not mean missing out on someone else. He was bought as backup/squad fodder.
Diouf was just a punt. No big deal.

The main crime was not buying midfielders. But that had been going on since Keane left in 2005.
>>
>>66432560
I put it there, because I know this was the counter argument, which you would say English players are premium too, so you can just keep going from there. You are slow mate.

>>66432588
debunking you have to pay enormous fee for young talent today myth
>>
>>66432580
What signs would you like to see? Januzaj's first season at United was far more impressive than Cristiano Ronaldo's.

It was similar to Martial this season.

>Shunned
van Gaal is not a manager I would take seriously. The Dortmund people said his head was in Manchester. That's not something I'm concerned with at all.

I'll be concerned when it's at least 2018 and Januzaj is still not starting every game.
>>
>>66432638
>Tevez was a nothing player.

fucking hell. please be bait
>>
>>66432694
>Januzaj's first season at United was far more impressive than Cristiano Ronaldo's.

no it really wasn't
>>
How bad must it get for Ferguson to come back?
>>
>>66432623
Shaw was the best LB in the world for 2 years running. Not potential at all.

If Shaw gets any better than this he'll be the greatest LB of all time, ahead of Maldini.
>>
>>66432700
It's that one United fan (though I'm really starting to think it's probably some fuck pretending to be one) who thinks Martial is one of the best players in the world and that United have like 5 world class players right now.

You can always tell from his posting style, he's such a shit troll.
>>
>>66432700
Are you serious? He was fucking shit.

There's a reason Ferguson benched him for a whole season. He wasn't good enough. He looked absolutely miles away from Rooney quality.
>>
>>66432662
A. They are. It's called supply and demand. English clubs want English players but there's a limited number of them worth purchasing and so their value goes up

B. It's all well and good if you have a Kane and Alli in your youth ranks, but if you don't you have to buy them.
Alli's value is currently around £40m and Kane's at least £60m when factoring in Levynomics
Martial cost £30m provided he doesn't trigger the add ons (which would only be a sign of how successful he'd been if he did)
>>
>>66432743
Alli was bought from MK Dons m8
>>
>>66432750
So?
Doesn't change the fact that he's now commanding a fee of £30-40 million + Same as Kane.

The best players will always go for huge prices, there's not enough of them to go around.
>>
>>66432629
>strawman
well, at least a better gpm

scoring every 300 minutes is not something a much better player produces, it is average at best and you know it
>>
>>66431107
You should start to watch him playing with his NT, he has always been excellent, it helps to play with Pogba, Griezmann or Payet rather than Carrick or Fellaini.
>>
>>66432750
and Smalling was playing non-league 5-6 years ago
now he's worth £60 million + easy
>>
>>66432776
You should look at Welbeck's scoring rate in his entire Arsenal career, then come back to me and say he's better than Martial.
>>
>>66432623
Every player you listed was expected to make immediate impact and was part of the first team. You're either buying for the first team or you're buying potential first team. Having potential for improvement doesn't mean that you're only paying for the potential.

Injuries aside, if you buy for the first team like martial was, you're judged as such. From the perspective of the French NT, Martial is bags of potential. But from the perspective of the team that paid 50m for him he's a first team player and will be judged as such.
>>
>>66432776
Martial plays under van Gaal you fucking mong.

Messi would struggle to hit 15 goals. Let alone a 19 year old kid in his first season at a new club in a new league.

You're such an idiot.
>>
>>66432750
Okay. £5m at the age of 18. Same price Monaco paid for Martial from Lyon at the same age.

Alli's next move would be similar to United's fee for Martial. So it's not like they're massively dissimilar
>>
>>66432805
this
swap welbeck and martial and see how different things would be

martial would probably score 30+ for arsenal with the way they play and the chances they create. van gaal is the problem
>>
>>66432786
who would want to pay 60m for chris smalling. not even man city would do that
>>
>>66432743
that is why they cancel each other out
he cost like 5M, more impressive from midfield and is going to play CL football next season
>>
>>66432829
Not this season, Arsenal have been really struggling creatively. Özil has been the only player creating for arsenal. Especially since Cazorla got injured.
>>
>>66432839
Barca, Madrid, PSG
>>
>>66432797
Buying for potential is not the same as expecting an immediate impact.

You factor for them adapting to new surroundings, new team mates and maturing physically and emotionally. They're not 16 year olds you sit on the bench but they're not established talent either, so they start but they're not expected to have to lead the line like Martial is doing.

Neymar is a good example. No one expected him to hit the ground running because he would have to adapt to Barca's style and the pace of European football, which he took a while to do.
Suarez on the other hand was expected to hit the ground running because he's more experienced
>>
>>66432853
I'd still say they create more than United currently do. United don't have an Ozil either.
>>
File: 1311349208003.png (13 KB, 480x323) Image search: [Google]
1311349208003.png
13 KB, 480x323
>>66432858
>>
>>66432853
well i don't know about that

i watched the arsenal - barca games and i saw god knows how many chances that martial would have scored from with relative ease

probably 8 or 9 throughout the two ties, and not just tap-ins or one-on-ones but times where all the arsenal player had to do was power past one defender and be clear through on goal, he'd have had a field day
>>
>>66432796
you should come back when Martial actually scored some goals, like >Benteke

>>66432821
>So it's not like they're massively dissimilar
>both going to top epl team, one is for 10x price
>>
>>66432797
>But from the perspective of the team that paid 50m for him he's a first team player and will be judged as such.

With respect, how the fuck do you know what United's perspective is?
>>
>>66432902
No, Alli's NEXT move will be the one you judge it on.

He's had his £5m joke transfer that nobody really cares about or noticed, now the next one is the one that matters.

How much would he go for if he joined United in the summer?

£5 million?

Yeah... no. It'd be more like £30 million +

MK Dons = Lyon
Spurs = Monaco
United = United
>>
>>66432902
>>Alli, 18, moves to Spurs (upper-midtable team) for £5m
>Martial, 17, moves to Monaco (upper-midtable team) for £5m
>Martial, 19, moves to Manchester United (top-tier team) for £30m
>Alli, 20, moves to [insert big club] (top-tier team) for £40m?
>>
martial was obviously a panic buy that turned out to be a good buy

time was ticking in the transfer window and united had fuck all else except martial, which chelsea were in for too

this is the same club that waited too long to buy fellaini and had to pay extra as his release clause went down. except that panic buy didn't turn out well.
>>
>>66432868
Martial already played in the CL family
50M is a huge investment, it is comparable to di Maria
>>
Januzaj bombed kinda hard, I feel bad for the kid
>>
>>66432853
ozil alone produced 20 assists, united don't have a playmaker of that caliber
>>66432839
nobody, but english teams are willing to put £40m on the table for john stones
>>
>>66432956
Well he is a Belgian muslim.
>>
>>66432970
yeah english teams like to buy potential

but that was last season. everton fucked up, stones is worth half that at most now hes been shit
>>
>>66432950
>Spurs (upper-midtable team)
>Manchester United (top-tier team)

cheeky

actually Alli is younger, and they were both transferred this season. Both young guys with much to prove. One was overpaid though for by a huge margin.
>>
>>66432868
Barça are the only team in the world who could've given Neymar time to adjust. Do you think he'd not be expected to hit the ground running if bought by arsenal or utd?

>>66432886
Literally arsenal's best match in terms of chances created all season.

>>66432912
Utd's perspective is evidenced by what they paid for him, how is that hard to understand. You don't pay 50m for pure potential. You think Chelsea would've paid what they did for Hazard and not expected him to play in the first team for the first few seasons.
>>
>>66432175
Messi is not from spain u ming
>>
>>66433018
>Barça are the only team in the world who could've given Neymar time to adjust. Do you think he'd not be expected to hit the ground running if bought by arsenal or utd?

You'd expect occasional brilliance and signs that he's going not going to bomb and wait for the consistency to come. Same as is happening with Martial.

These players are only kids. Just because their clubs slap big price tags on them doesn't make them capable of the extraordinary because one club has different expectations to the next
>>
>>66432970
Utd have Mata. He's not Özil but no scrub either. And while I agree arsenal have been more creative than utd this season it's been race to the bottom really.
>>
>>66433086
Creatively Mata hasn't been anywhere near as good as Ozil. His assist for Rashford against City last week was his first assist since late September. Though I'd put that more down to LVGs tactics.
>>
>>66432950
Would you expect whichever team buys Alli for 40m to give him a few years to adjust or hit the ground running? Would showing potential be enough?
>>
>>66433055
He was "produced" by Spain as the original post said. He's been with Barça his whole career
>>
>>66433086
he rarely plays as their playmaker and when he does he's not really good
Mata, with his £36m price has been even more of a dissapointement, because he is supposed to be an established player in his prime, a starter for united but he almost never influences a game, he pops up from time to time with an assist or a goal
>>
>>66433119
Not so much, but still yes, if he went to a PL side. Yes, if he went abroad. At the end of the day he's young and inexperienced and would need to be managed through inevitable slumps in form, increased pressure and responsibility, etc.

Doesn't mean he'd sit on the bench. You'd play him and see what happens, but show patience where necessary
>>
>>66433068
Lol. Occasional brilliance and signs he's not going to bomb is the literal minimum requirement for the price paid for Neymar. No one would be happy with that, bar Barça who had Messi. They'd be hopeful, but not happy. As should be the case with Martial. Being hopeful about him is understandable. Being content with his output after the sum paid for him is not. I know it's juxtaposed against the immense criticism utd got before he'd even kicked a ball and that makes him look alright but overall he's still got a lot to do.
>>
>>66433207
>overall he's still got a lot to do.

Thank Christ he's only 20 years old

People's perceptions have been warped by Messi and video games and think every young player should be at their peak by their late teens. It's unrealistic.
>>
>>66432951
>martial was obviously a panic buy that turned out to be a good buy

United were literally scouting him as a 12 year old.

Opinion discarded.

ABUs will try anything to try to make it look as if United aren't a well run club and a global superpower in terms of football business.
>>
>>66433250
>United were literally scouting him as a 12 year old
just like wenger
>>
>>66433018
>You don't pay 50m for pure potential
You do when your club makes as much money as United do. And obviously it's not 'Pure' potential is it? It's world class scouting done over a number of years.

Not hard to understand at all.
>>
how old was sturridge before he was decent?
>>
>>66433250
everyone scout everyone, pls

>ABUs will try anything to try to make it look as if United aren't a well run club and a global superpower in terms of football business.

nice weasel wording. Please answer the following question: is Manchester United a factor when it comes to actual football?

it is good business, even well run could be debated e.g Spurs
>>
>>66433244
This.
Januzaj was 20 in January.

People are fucking retarded these days. They think if a player hasn't made it after 1 or 2 seasons they are either flops or past it. They think that if a young player hasn't reached his peak by 24 then he never will be class. They think that being less than a Rooney/Messi type talent means they are going to be useless as a player and not good enough for an elite club.

/sp/ is guilty of all of the above, be less retarded you fucking retards.
>>
>>66433343
>They think that being less than a Rooney/Messi type talent means they are going to be useless as a player and not good enough for an elite club.
this is the one that irks me the most
it's like they don't understand that the great teams (08 united, 09-11 barca, treble winning bayern etc.) were all stacked with what they describe as ""'average""" players

if you're not suarez, messi or ronaldo then you're average these days
>>
>>66433292
>You do when your club makes as much money as United do.

So since utd can afford it there's no point in discussing any players performance relative to his price.
>>
>>66433343
it is not shocking to suggest young players are expected to continuously progress

>>66433292
>world class scouting
>Pogba going for free
>Dele Alli raping MU with MK Dons

>You do when your club makes as much money as United do.
When you overpay, you are a chump.
>>
>>66433415
What has Pogba leaving on a free got to do with scouting? It was piss poor succession planning. The scouting was top notch as it identified him as a 15 year old
>>
>>66433434
>The scouting was top notch as it identified him as a 15 year old

as a fringe player I would assume, seeing he was allowed to leave
>>
>>66433516
They actually went through a lot of legal trouble to get him and he teared it up in the youth ranks. Fergie thought he wanted too much too soon and Juve offered him a starting position whilst United were playing Rafael, Fabio and Anderson as central mids.
It was a massive fuck up.
>>
>>66432980
underrated af
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.