[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever met a girl who was actually knowledgeable about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
Have you ever met a girl who was actually knowledgeable about a sport and could hold her own in an argument about it? I swear, even the most "hardcore" female sports fans are casual as fuck and don't understand games on the level that guys do. This is the case even for very intelligent women I find.
>>
>>66403737
>Have you ever met a girl
No
>>
I dunno about your "games" but I know a lot of very knowledgeable female boxers and fight fans.
>>
>I'm a clippers fan
>Blake Griffin is bae

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>66403737
Whodat on da right?
>>
>>66403737
Lot's of girls capable of having a decent conversation about hockey in this country.
>>
i've never met a guy that was actually knowledgeable about sports. they're all either former players that just recite the old cliches about execution and playmaking, or they're parrots that just say what they heard on the radio during their morning commute
>>
>>66403758
>be at bar before some big fight
>undercard
>one woman shouting "double up that left hook, double up tjay left hook champ" as if she's at the event in the dudes corner
>a few quiet sniggers and men who don't know each other sharing amused grimaces
> this continues for 4-5 rounds
> the mfer on the TV doubles up his left hook once and wins via KO
> literally heard someone emit a singular cough amongst us men while she celebrates saying she won £1000 and buys shots for her party of 10
>>
I've met tons of girls who were knowledgeable about sports but none of them were actually attractive.
>>
>>66403881
THIS

T
H
I
S

Is it bad it turns me off women if they know about sports?

>that insecurity
>>
File: thr_jj_redick.jpg (177 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
thr_jj_redick.jpg
177 KB, 1296x730
>>66403763
>the absolute beautiful state of their starting 5 when healthy
>>
>>66403819
This is why I stopped having sports arguments outside of the Internet.
>>
My significant other is an expert at basketball. She even goes to games with her friend Tyrone (my treat) and tells me all about the match afterwards.
>>
>>66403906
If only they could play as well as they look. Also DJ is ugly
>>
>>66403919
>american
>cucks his wife every weekend
>>
>>66403906
>swept in four to golden state

if they dont lose in the first round of course
>>
>WOMEN SHOULD BE PAID THE SAME AS MEN

Maybe if they actually watched sports there would be more money for female athletes.

Daily reminder that women's tennis piggybacks on the popularity of the men's game.
>>
>>66403758
This tbhfam, i think its a brain wiring thing that attracts people to something like boxing in the first place. Youre either IN or youre out unless youre one of the patriot casuals type like you seein the uk
>>
>>66404436
>Daily reminder that women's tennis piggybacks on the popularity of the men's game.
The only tennis players I know by name are Maria Sharpova, Serena Williams, and Roger Fedrora.
>>
>>66403871

britain sounds fucking based for a boxing fan.
>>
Lot of people in the world so yeah of course I have but then again I'm not a loser shut in so...
>>
>>66405033

Here's your (you)
>>
>>66405048
sure you arent
>>
I think part of the problem is that women don't seem to care for stats very much. Stats bore them for whatever reason. Maybe that kind of concrete knowledge just isn't compatible with their "feels first" kind of thinking. Neglecting stats will always put you at a disadvantage against someone who knows them (such as most /sp/ers and hardcore sports fans in general).
>>
>>66405016

Kinda is now I think about it, everyone round where I live always hosts a party or go to a sports bar with their friends whenever a big fight is on. Even people who don't care about boxing show up just for the atmosphere.
>>
>>66405179
>someone who knows stats
>/sp/

lel
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>66403737
I'll take girls who at least give a fuck about what goes on in sports compared to those who just go to games to take selfies.
>>
>>66405220

Has it always been like that?
Or is it because of the emergence of british boxers now.

Been looking at lots of interviews on IFL and it looks like Eddie Hearn and match room are doing a really good job of building fighters from club shows to big events.
>>
>>66405179
>muh stats
>>
>>66405256
That being said, my mother and sister both know their shit about the Broncos and can debate fine enough arguments.
>>
i never leave the house so no
>>
>>66405220

not to mention whenever you watch a british fight the crowd is fucking nuts singing soccer chants the whole time.
>>
>>66403737
I did actually,but she was a daughter of the club's president so it made sense.
>>
Ffs who is the bitch on the right? I need to fap before germany rekts england!
>>
>>66405033

>being BTFO by a woman
>not making her wear a Brady shirt and fucking her in the ass doggystyle
>not grabbing her saggy tomboy tits and call her out on them feeling like deflated footballs

Fucking yanks I swear
>>
>>66405349

just googled her lol.

its beyonces cousin, named kristin douglas.

thats the best pic of her ass tho.
>>
>>66405266
Not who you've been replying to but

Eddie hearn is the criminal scum we need right now to build the sport. He's shit stirring, picking favourite fighters, pissing off a lot of people... But views and gates are up and up. He picked a good time to coincide with a number of genuinely good / possibly world level British fighters emerging.

The heavyweight division will be contested by 3 heavyweights in the future:
Fury (he's so awkward to fight and actually a good boxer considering)
AJ (gifted and a massive cunt)
Dillion Whyte ( I just feel like he's gonna be up there. Should've finished AJ in their massive fight.)
>>
>>66405033
>actually dating girls who call themselves "Patriots fans"
Found the problem. Come to Denver, female Broncos fans know their shit here for the most part.
>>
>>66405396

Do british boxing fans appreciate a good boxer.

Obviously everyone loves a good brawl and exciting fight. But do british fans get upset when fighters aren't in the phone booth all night?
>>
File: 1458727173505.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458727173505.gif
954 KB, 320x240
>>66405379
Thanks leaf
>will never see dat ass perform
>hafta see her weakass cousin these last 15 yrs instead
>>
i wouldnt care about having a girl who was actually "knowledgeable" about sports. i would just like it if i could get a girlfriend who didn't have a problem with me watching them and enjoyed watching them herself. so it wasnt something where i would have to choose between watching my team's game or going out and doing something with her or feel guilty about ignoring her if she always wants to do something when my team's games are on, or forcing her to watch them if she doesnt like them at all.
>>
>>66403819

This. You can see a lot of posters here talking straight out of their asses and it also applies to real life.
>>
>>66405587
Pretty much every girl I've met that I've been to sporting events or at least watched it with me with is pretty much like this. I've never had a gf before but at least no girl has a problem with me watching the Broncos every Sunday. I think it's because everyone here knows that we live and die on the Broncos here kek
>>
>>66405016
Boxing in the US has become almost exclusively a black people thing. They're always talking about "the fight" and I have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>66405437
Yeah. Casuals are casuals no matter where you go.

But I'd say we have a disproportionately high number of actual amateur/professional boxers to casuals here so it's not tjay bad.

I still get sucked into trying to educate idiots on Instagram and Facebook though. But I should quit it.
>>
>>66403819
this

pretty much 99% of guys I've met are into sports but you can't have an in-depth or at least entry-level discussion about it with them
they just stare at you and say nothing
I just stopped bothering and pretend I'm shallowly into sports, which these days I actually am
>>
>>66403737
Literally who gives a fuck

The ability to break down sports plays is in no way a redeeming or useful quality unless you're playing or coaching

Most girls don't follow sports as closely as you, so the fuck what? They're about as relevant as makeup or the Bachelor or whatever it is basic bitches ramble on about.
>>
>>66405587
desu I'd prefer a girl who doesn't really dig sports at all
all girls that were even slightly into sports were annoying by default and didn't know shit
>>
Got the girl im fucking into the EPL and she likes Leicester after i explained to her their story this season.

Yeah she doesn't know shit but it's nice to wake up on sunday morning in my bed with her watching EPL and celebrating whenever Vardy scores. She asks questions to understand things like corners, fouls, etc so its nice she's trying at least
>>
>>66406471

ya this. Like sports is something to watch with your boys and drink beers. Get the banter going.

Why would you want that bro time to be ruined?
>>
>>66403788
Beyonce's cousin
>>
>>66403919
>my wife's son
>>
Sometimes I listen to ASMR videos of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCbbaGO9Ofc
>>
>tfw no big booty lightskin ebony gf
>>
File: IMG_2438.jpg (125 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2438.jpg
125 KB, 800x600
yea, once. she was a lesbian and army ranger in the ROTC program at WIU. Tall, fit, brunette and attractive personality. she was a huge fan of Chicago sports.
>>
What is hard to find is a knowledgeable female sports fan that doesn't bandwaggon the most popular/succesful teams
>>
>>66403737
You can find women that knot a lot about sports at sporting events and sports bars. But these types of women also squat more that you and like pussy.
>>
That is not what girls are for.
>>
>>66406914
She has a near perfect ass
>>
>>66403737
Yes, but only for baseball and mma
>>
I literally know just 1 person irl who I can talk about most sports with in depth. Rest either just like 1 sport or are just casuals
>>
>>664049587
You are so funny
>>
>>66403737
godamm
>>
>>66403737
>>
>>66410717
>mfw I squatted 2pl8 for the first time today
>>
File: Kelsi-Beyonce-600x600.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Kelsi-Beyonce-600x600.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>66414899
I don't think people realize how hot the girl on the left is too.
>>
>>66405869
Absolutely wrong blacks only cared about Floyd and maybe Ward, Broker They generally watch MeMeA a lot more
>>
>>66415047
>duckfacing whore
>coming from beyonce's family

what a surprise
>>
>>66415119
Literally only dudes who complain about "duckface" are dudes who never get laid by the chicks who do it.
>>
>>66415181
pot calling the kettle black here. thinking duckfacing is stupid doesnt mean youre a virgin idiot
>>
>>66403871
Sounds like a real cunt
>>
>>66415220
Girls do it for a reason. It makes their face look cuter. So many girls do it that nerdy dudes like you feel a sense of superiority by pointing out how "stupid" it is, when really, pointing out duckface being stupid has become a stupid meme in itself.
>>
>>66415300
>nerdy dudes like you

look at mister 4chan stud over here
>>
I always try and dumb down my sports talk and make statements casuals would so I don't appear autistic.
>>
File: 412.png (47 KB, 350x458) Image search: [Google]
412.png
47 KB, 350x458
>>66415119
>>66415181
>>66415220
>>66415300
>>66415338
>the state of america
lmao, no wonder this country is shit populated with fags like these
>>
Who gives a shit? When you think about it, following a ports is pretty fucking stupid. They have their stupid tv shows and what not; men have sports, I suppose.
>>
>>66415300
It looks stupid; it's subjective.
>>
File: confused.jpg (14 KB, 400x348) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
14 KB, 400x348
>>66415181
Is this an example of intelligent women who can hold their own in a sport argument? Me thinks it's an example of slags but I could be wrong
>>
>>66403737

My exes. One had a Hell of a brain on the Minnesota Vikings and the other was a huge Cycling and Athletics buff.
>>
>>66415300
>it makes their face look cuter

Subjective!

Tbh that it looks stupid might be subjective yep... to a minority of retards
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458370466357.jpg (27 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458370466357.jpg
27 KB, 960x960
>>66405256
Not wanting to fuck each and every one of them until they can't sit properly
>>
Yes a I'm friends with this lesbian couple who know as much as any man
>>
my aunty has gone to every almost every single nottingham forest home game and a decent amount of away games for over 30 years

definitely knows loads more about football than almost anyone else ive met
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.