[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pellegrini was so desperate to sign Martin Demichelis for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: toby-alderweireld.jpg (244 KB, 1581x1021) Image search: [Google]
toby-alderweireld.jpg
244 KB, 1581x1021
>Pellegrini was so desperate to sign Martin Demichelis for Man City in 2013 that he actually bought Toby Alderweireld for Atletico as a replacement
You just can't make this shit up.
>>
Demi has been shit but he has literally been no worse than the media's favourite Kompany.
>>
That whole transfer saga was retarded. If I remember correctly, Demichelis couldn't even play the first half of the season. City is honestly so bad in the transfer market. Why sell negredo after not even half a season of poor form? Why sell dzeko? Why buy fucking Mongala or Bony? Why not sell Jesus Navas when all he fucking does is run? Why Fabian delph or sterling? They could've filled the English quota with shitters from the championship and end up with the same results for significantly less money
>>
File: wtfug.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
wtfug.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>66379734

you haven't watched any of the games, have you?
>>
>>66379772

Enough to know that Kompany is atrocious, literally Koscielny tier.

A brain dead, rash, error making, no positional sense fraud.
>>
other than being exposed against barca and some pace babbies, and dying of old age atm, demichelis has been pretty good for city
>>
>>66379794
other than being shit constantly he's been pretty good is what you just said
>>
>>66379794
>letting an 18 year old in his fifth pro game score on you in a 1on1
Just no
>>
>>66379845
That 18 year old is as good as Messi.
>>
>>66379778
Difference is koscielny is quiet as fuck while kompany is a leader
>>
So they could've had the best defender in the Premier League? Instead they end up with Mangala?
>>
>>66379755
Negredo was good for like half a season. And then that shoulder injury wrecked him.
>>
>>66380270
he was really good though, he scored 23 goals and gave 7 assists in the first half of the season. Then, for whatever reason, simply stopped after january and started to play less and less and has been shit ever since
>>
Demichelis has been better than Otamendi this season, I've been shocked at how poor Otamendi has been and his continual seeming complete lack of understanding of when to hold a line and when yo step up

He gives away decent chances to the opposing team at an alarming rate every time I watch him and I've seen quite a few of his games this season
>>
>>66381322
>expecting leliga defenders to cut it in the PL
>>
>>66379702
I've read this post 20 times and I still don't understand what you are trying to say
>>
>>66379755
>Negredo

Look at his performances at Valencia and you'll see he's been a great, great, GREAT sell.
>>
>>66379702
What does Pellegrini have to do with Alderweireld?

What the fuck?
>>
>>66380050
>>66381389
heh
>>
>>66379734
The "Kompany is shit" meme is dead, we're on the "Kompany is good but permaded" meme now
>>
We make jokes about poop all the time but he doesn't do retarded shit like this. Upgrade imo
>>
>>66381405
>>66381464
Atlético used the money City paid them for Demichelis to buy Toby, but it's not like the Dutch made an impact in the one year he was there.
>>
>>66381503
Ooooooohhhh

Also Toby's Belgian.
>>
>>66379702

What are you talking about? When was Pellegrini at Atletico?
>>
>>66381516
Derp, forgot about that detail.
>>
File: vinny.jpg (172 KB, 1148x602) Image search: [Google]
vinny.jpg
172 KB, 1148x602
>>66379734

Yeah it's just a massive coincidence m8
>>
>>66381464
>>66381503
It wasn't even them using the money, City literally bought Alderweireld for them, and there was controversy over whether City would be entitled to his services at the end of the season.

In the end, City didn't get him, they got Demichelis and Mangala.
>>
>>66379755
Negredo was sold because his wife wanted to go back to Spain iirc.
>>
>>66381584
Man city have only played 14 games?
>>
>>66379812
kek
also never seen jamaica on here
>>
>>66381584
that is very old
remember Spurs beating them at the Etihad after their lord and saviour Kompany finally came back into the side
>>
File: kompany.jpg (202 KB, 983x535) Image search: [Google]
kompany.jpg
202 KB, 983x535
>I don't rate Kompany
>>
>>66381584

That was literally his only good run of form in about two years.
>>
>>66383259
That's out of date. Liverpool and Spurs beat them with Kompany in the side. The only PL game they won with him was AV.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.