[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2nd best player on Twolves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
What is his ceiling?

At best multiple All Star Vince Carter tier?

Most likely JR Smith/John Starks tier?

At worst Gerald Green tier?
>>
he's nate robinson tier
he'll be decent and have a good career highlight, but let's be honest... we can't rely on him
>>
>>66368890
isn't wiggins the second best player on the wolves?
>>
>>66368927
Rubio is better
>>
>>66368927
might have the most talent but he has no idea how to play the game
>>
>>66368927
Wiggins is a poor man's Rudy Gay, and that should tell you enough about him. Rubio is miles better than him
>>
File: tumblr_o3uqs5eDVT1uo0mgho1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3uqs5eDVT1uo0mgho1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>66368927
Nope, Lavine has way more fire and drive to be great than Wiggins
>>
Why do teams like Minnesota bother tanking? Unless you land a once in a generation talent you'll never win a championship or go deep into the playoffs. If your franchise is in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and you can't attract good free agents have the self respect to fade into irrelevancy like the nuggets and not tank to pick up barely above average players
>>
>>66369704

they don't tank, they play hard...they're just not very good
>>
>>66369704
That is a pretty simplistic point of view, but yeah, its the problem with american sports and not having a relegation system. The owners will keep getting millions anyways, so why bother? And what can the Timberwolves do? They already had one of the greatest players ever in Kevin Garnett and were shit. They traded him and were shit. They acquired Wiggins and Karl Anthony Towns and are still shit.
>>
I thought Pekovic was the second best player on the T-Wolves
>>
russell westbrookish maybe
>>
File: andrewlaugh.png (517 KB, 671x671) Image search: [Google]
andrewlaugh.png
517 KB, 671x671
>2030
>t-wolves entering their 13th playoff run and 10th time losing in the finals to the 10 peat Seattle Transfolk
>Sick of being overshadowed by KAT his career Punished Wiggins becomes Shin Sennin Wiggins to lead the Twolves in a sweep
>Wiggins dies after winning his only ring
>>
>>66369891
Just do the best with what you've got, eventually you will end up drafting a legit star and they'll come to a franchise with some sort of winning culture.
>>
Wiggins is a bust
>>
File: george takei.jpg (36 KB, 433x387) Image search: [Google]
george takei.jpg
36 KB, 433x387
>>66369987
>Seattle Transfolk
>>
>>66378413
He's averaging 20 points per game.
>>
>>66379949
While being the worst defender in the league
>>
>>66380548
you're forgetting Harden
>>
>>66368890
He has a high ceiling but realistically he's not going to reach it. He'll be a damn good player as long as the front office doesn't try to force him at the point again.
>>
>>66368927
KAT > Rubio > Wiggins >LaVine

Wiggins has a lot of raw talent but lacks killer instinct.
>>
>>66369891
Idk, now they have a legit great player at 19, another pretty good player who's shown flashes of greatness in wiggins, a top 5 passer in Rubio and they're gonna get another high draft pick.
I think they have a shot of being contenders if Wiggins learns how to stop taking awful shots and they run the offense through towns
>>
It blows me away every time I remember Rubio is only 25 years old
>>
>>66369891

>They acquired Wiggins and Karl Anthony Towns and are still shit.

well its way to early to tell i mean okc was completely shit the first 2 seasons with durant and then turned into one of the best teams pretty fast.
not saying the same will happen with the timberwolves but they got some talent now probably need a better coach
>>
>>66381641
This too. They need a coach and a bunch of young guys for a few years. In a couple seasons, keep the young guys that play well and sign some vets

Basically the hinkie strategy but not as extreme
>>
>>66381641
Trust me, the Wolves absolutely need a better head coach. Mitchell's stuck in his playing days and refuses to use the 3 point line instead of mid range 2s. If Mitchell is still the coach next season I'm going to be pissed.
>>
>>66380918

I love Ricky but Wiggins is better

I just wish that bastard would learn to shoot or make a layup, how hard can it be
>>
>>66369891

They were far from 'shit' when they had KG
>>
>>66369947

The man has been injured for pretty much non stop for the last 2 seasons.
>>
>>66368890
I'll tell you tonight at the game senpai. Go wizards
>>
>>66384939
Wat senpai what
>>
>>66384953
No no who did this stop
>>
>>66382501
Did Rubio play for Barca before going to NBA or am I remembering things wrong ?
Also I'm to lazy to check...how high up was he drafted ?
>>
>>66384987

He made his name with Joventut Badalona as a teenager where he played with freedom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_pL2PyF56U

then he moved to Barca where he had to play in a strict system and didn't get many minutes...that was a waste of time for him, he learned nothing
>>
>>66384987
>>
>>66368890
He's frighteningly bad on Defense and can only dunk on offense. Was the worst player in the NBA by plus minus last season. Christ it must be depressing to be a Twolves fan.
>>
>>66385320
>only dunks on offense

Wtf no he doesn't. Sam Mitchell stopped being retarded and played him at the 2 where he is thriving on catch and shoots, instead of yolo kobe fade aways at pg. His offense from mid last month to the end of this month has been really good. His TS% is about 55% and 3pt fg% is about 39% this season, which is respectable for a second year project player.

I agree though, his defense isn't there. He either seems lost or too skinny to battle through screens. I am hoping he just becomes an "average" defender.
>>
>>66391930
It seems like such a waste when athletic freaks like Lavine, Griffin, VC, Kemp etc are ass on Defense
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.