[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Novak Djokovic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 7
He's quite pathetic really, isn't he?

>i-i-i-i'm so sorry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35888159
>>
I'm still convinced this was all a stunt to get the attention off doping, because lets be honest he's a prime suspect
>>
>>66356321

As soon as this first hit the news I *KNEW* he would apologise

He has to, he doesn't have a choice

In today's climate, NO ONE can get away with telling the truth, absolutely no one. Only sanitised, politically correct BULLSHIT is permissible.
>>
>>66356367
This
>>
Equality for Wimbly wheelies!

When will they get the same prize money?
>>
>>66356321
He was right to say it
If equal work equal pay is a thing they should be paid more
>>
>The 18-time Grand Slam champion pointed to his cultural upbringing as a possible reason behind some of his views.
>"The Europeans were behind the Americans when it came to accepting equality,"
No.
>>
>>66356367
fucking sucks man. and women in tennis shouldnt deserve the same pay because the skill level isnt the same as in mens
>>
>>66356571

Good point, why doesn't wheelchair tennis get the same prize money? THIS IS DISCRIMINATION! YOU ARE ABLIST IF YOU DON'T IMMEDIATELY AWARD THE WINNER OF WHEELCHAIR TENNIS WIMBLEDON £26.75 MILLION!

I DON'T CARE IF THE TV RIGHTS FOR WHEELCHAIR TENNIS DON'T COVER THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY! THIS IS A MATTER OF DISCRIMINATION AND THAT COMES BEFORE MONEY! EQUALITY IS COMPULSORY IN THE PC UTOPIA! GIVE US YOUR FUCKING MONEY SO WE MAY REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH AMONGST THE PROLES! ПPOЛETAPИИ BCEХ CTPAH, COEДИHЯЙTECЬ!
>>
>>66356665
ez there sperg
>>
>>66356344
Shoo shoo murray
>>
>>66356638
Yeah, I wonder of she'll be dragged over the coals for that comment, the prejudicial ignorant bitch
>>
>>66356321
Equal work = Equal pay

Call me when the women aren't worthless shits who can't play 5 sets.
>>
>>66356735
as an nhl fan, ahl players put just as much effort as an nhl player but get payed wayyy less because the skill level and entertainment level is nowhere near the nhl. shouldnt be equal pay
>>
>>66356640

I don't think it's necessarily about the level of tennis

It's mainly the fact that women play fewer sets. They can't have it both ways. "Oh we can't play five sets because our bodies can't cope with it... but we demand the same pay as men for doing less work."

Surely equality means women have to do just as much work as men if they want to earn the same money. Does this mean a female lumberjack can do 70% of the work a male lumberjack does and still get paid the same?
>>
>>66356792
>It's mainly the fact that women play fewer sets.

No it isn't. Only in the majors do men play best of 5 sets and in the Davis Cup. At the other events it's best of 3 and at those events, the joint ones, they receive an equal prize pot.

Furthermore, the WTA have said the women would play best of 3 in the majors, but the tournament organisers declined due to scheduling .
The issue is really about being proportionally rewarded for the appeal of the two. Novak is absolutely right when he says men's tennis attracts bigger audiences and commercial deals and this is what determines the prizes. As it is, the finances the men's game brings to these events is subsidising the women's, as well as the others, like doubles and juniors.
>>
>>66356687
you are SOO mad right now collectivist scum
>>
>>66356735
The WTA have offered (asked, maybe?)to play 5 sets. The ITF won't allow them to.
>>
>>66356792
Im I'm with djokovic but I don't buy into the set argument. firstly the tournament in question was 3 sets for everyone (it wasnt a grand slam). There are plenty of best of 3 set matches that last longer than best of 5 matches. Each set isn't equal work for everyone. Do sports with more work have higher paid athletes? generally no. Base it on supply and demand not sets.
>>
Does anyone have a The Times account?

Would really like the read this article by Matthew Syed from a few years back where he BTFO out of women's sport and their money grabbing.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/matthewsyed/article4250811.ece

And this one too:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/matthewsyed/article4718699.ece
>>
Tennis is alright the way it is right now gender-wise.

There are more single-sex tournaments than joint ones, and in all the single-sex ones men get paid more than the women-only tournaments. They get more funding and coverage

Also, the supply and demand issue takes care of itself with sponsorship deals. Men get more lucrative contracts anyway because they have better exposure. Tournament prize money is only a small portion of a big tennis player's earnings

The real issue is how below the top100 tennis players are struggling to break even with all the costs of travelling, hotels, equipment, coaching, medical staff. If you are ranked 100-200th in the world in any other major sport you're guaranteed to be rich. Tennis needs a major overhaul in distribution of wealth
>>
Pisses me off his team has forced him to apologise.

IF I was stupid enough to say those truthful comments, I would have to apologise as well.

Fortunately at least this is being discussed, unfortunately people are not discussing the blatant sexism towards the mens game in terms of apt pay.

I didn't know winnings were equal, I have to admit I was shocked that the womens winner of a grand slam was equal to the mens.

Anyone thinking men and women should be paid equally in tennis obviously hasn't watched, or played tennis. The level of individual skill in the mens game is incredible. In terms of athleticism, it's second only to F1 drivers. If I was to chart womens tennis for skill, it would be on par with Equestrian, maybe mens Bowling for individual skill; for atheticism and fitness, womens tennis players would be sub-Ryman League tier, honestly they're that poor in comparison.

The sexism to men runs so deep in to the game, that the ITA actually encourages young males in mixed doubles to serve their 2nd serve against the women instead of their 1st. Instead of competition playing to the best of your ability, the men are for some bewildering reason expected to show pre-assumed etiquette when playing against women. And the class difference always shows, in every mixed double game there's one player on either side that is typically inferior. Not only are women generally smaller, weaker, and slower; but they can't manipulate the ball like the mens. The sheer difference in quality on the court, and for the paying viewers is astronimical. It's why a non-ranked male could quite easily beat a ranked female, which has been the case many times.

Tennis is rewarding women for being inferior to men, and it's completely unjustified. And this is without factoring in women play less sets than men. It's utterly disgusting the elite male tennis players that fall in the quarters or semis get paid less at Wimbledon than the eventual random victor from the womens. That's unfair.
>>
Jesus christ, reading Chris Evert's' comments is going to give me brain cancer.
>>
File: 1458433789042.jpg (34 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1458433789042.jpg
34 KB, 300x245
>>66356898
s p e r g l o r d
>>
>>66357137
But men already get paid more throughout the course of the season. Equal pay only applies to joint tournaments. See the first two paragraphs of the post above you
>>
>>66357137
>In terms of athleticism, it's second only to F1 drivers.

Only a fucking moron would make such a remark
>>
>>66356987
>out out of
>>
>>66356665
Good point actually
>>
>>66356735

But they've asked to play 5 sets casual
>>
>>66357178
That is fine and is the way it should be. Most of the tennis calendar works as a warm up to the majors for the elite players. Most tennis players have to attend ATP: Nowhere to make ends meet. Djokovic, Murray, Federer, they don't have to attend ATP: Nowhere because they don't need to.

Instead they train hard, compete hard when it matters; and believe me the competition is much harder in the mens game than it is in the womens. The top players in the mens is more predictable, outside of Serena the top womens players can shift monthly. So Novak is left playing his usual ATP games every year, and then when it comes to the important majors, he looks over at a literally who women like Kvitova winning Wimbledon and goes 'why the fuck is she getting the same amount of money as me for winning that mickey mouse tournament'.
>>
>>66357193
Is it not?
>>
>>66356321
whats pathetic about it? he's right. maybe pathetic that he apologized.
>>
>>66356321
novac would lose to serena williams 3:0
>>
>>66357284
>maybe pathetic that he apologized.
That's why, Ameribro. No spine, no dignity. Kowtows to the pressure and starts back peddling.
>>
Bottome line is 99% of women dont put the amount of butts in the seats and draw viewers that is largely profitable. When they do, they deserve the money ie. Honda Housey, etc. and that is okay.

So if they don't draw, they do not deserve shit. That should be the the standard.
>>
>>66357273
You'd think so but the ATP require men to attend a certain number of lower level tournaments
>>
>>66357302
He's been made to. His stance has not changed.
>>
>>66357302
>>66357328
last year there were female "football" players complaining that they werent paid the same as the males were during the 2014 world cup lol. this is a very toxic form of ideology that is spreading in this world
>>
>>66357328
>made too

No one put a gun to his head, m8. He wasn't arrested and faced with imprisonment. He wasn't tortured or brutally assault and told to start back peddling. He did so of his own volition because he's an insecure maggot
>>
so why don't the junior champions get the same pay too, age discrimination?
>>
>>66357327
Often ends in early exists, lack of effort and more variety from the lower seeds in some cases. Not saying any tank on purpose but im sure it's been the case of many in the past.
>>
>>66357380
I wouldn't go as far to say toxic, just very misguided. They don't seem to understand free-market economics
>>
Tennis is by far the most progressive sport atm. Media should give it a rest and focus on more important shit
>>
>>66357389
dude almost everyone is forced to rescind comments that don't fit the narrative that the so called mass media/public wants people to believe. unless you are trump type character where you literally don't have to care what others think, you are pretty much forced to do it.

especially in tennis where you almost never see someone speak out at all about anything.
>>
>>66357389
It's okay not liking PR, but this is textbook. Same for Raymond Moore. Few proffessions are in the public eye like sports and politics, carefully constructed responses are always planned by a PR women, or communications team when negativity occurs.

This is basic procedure.
>>
>>66357435

he has enough money not to care, he could have been a champion for men's rights but now he's just another cuckboy
>>
>>66357435
No one forced him, lad. He's weak.
>>
>>66357408
it is very much toxic. in america, state after state are adopting laws of if a female is found to have been intoxicated in anyway shape or form, they are allowed to claim rape.

there are actual politicians who want to broaden that for general society and make it for anyone(only females usually) who "regret" after the sexual act was done to be able to claim rape.
>>
>>66357464
He could lose sponsors, it will affect his pocket and that's why he's done it.
You can't say anything that doesn't celebrate women and lgbt
>>
>>66357470
You mean if they're so fucking pissed they're incapable of consenting to getting fucked by some chad?
>>
>>66357522
So he's a weak unprincipled faggot who only cares about money?
>>
>>66357540
It's easy to say you wouldn't do the same, no one shoots themselves in the foot for a battle that can't possibly be won in today's society
I'd never say that prepubescent kids being told they can play pretend to be another gender is a joke even though I believe it
>>
>>66357572
Of course I mean when you're a millionaire athlete, celebrity who has a lot to lose
>>
>>66357470
I mean the equal pay debate shouldn't stem in to politics, but I see your point.

>>66357455
>>66357464
The case of Trump is special, as is Farage or any outspoken character that is in a field or environment where that is possible to their supporters narrative.

Would be interesting hearing Trump's comments on equal pay in tennis because i'm 99% sure he would agree with Novak.

Apologising was the only thing he could do considering what is at stake for him, and the vocal community he's awoken.

This happens all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNhB9yrPadQ
>>
>>66357572
He's made nearly $100m from prize money, maybe twice that from sponsorship. It's not like if he were to stand by his comments he'd find himself on the breadline.
>>
>>66357597
That Pearson apology isn't comparable, m8. He lashed out in anger and apologised. That's fair enough.
>>
>>66357674
Just an example of something that needs an apology in front of a camera or microphone due to public reaction.

Novak's team only care about seeing pic related dominating the news rather than discussions about him.
>>
>>66356367
yup
>>
Two things that you guys insist on not understanding fully:

1) the women have offered to play 5 sets; the ITF won't allow them

2) what you get from winning a tennis tournament is prize money. it's not a 70/30 pay per view split like with Mayweather. prize money is not directly a function of the draw (this is why the winner of a shitty, uninteresting final that nobody watches will make the same as anyone who won it).

with these things in mind, I honestly cannot see the point of not paying them the same. you could argue for it, but ultimately those arguments are suspect at best and totally specious at worst.

in the end, you would just have a situation where the women could be paid equally, but they aren't primarily as a reminder of whatever it is you want to make sure they don't forget. it's certainly nothing to do with market forces or some totally disingenuous gripe that they don't play as many sets.
>>
>>66357817
The women offering to play five sets is a joke, they know it won't happen so they'll say they want to
>>
>>66357888
That's not really an argument worth making, as you couldn't possibly know that, and you couldn't possibly show that.

All an argument like that serves to do is demonstrate the level of bias you're working with at the outset. Sadly, even with my pointing it out to you, it will still go unnoticed by you.
>>
>>66357817

I'm pretty sure their matches don't draw the same ratings and by extension ad revenue, fucktard
>>
File: fick_kiranoir_26.webm (3 MB, 746x420) Image search: [Google]
fick_kiranoir_26.webm
3 MB, 746x420
If women are so great at tennis why don't they play with the men
>>
>>66357914
Clearly the ITF are sexist, how dare they think women are more fragile and the weaker sex. Female tennis players should sue for the right to play five sets, that will show them
>>
>>66357928
Right, but again, this is prize money we are talking about. Even if all of the interesting women boycotted next year's Indian Wells, for instance, the ones who participated (and the winner of them) would still earn the same in prize money.

Because again, we're talking about prize money, which is ultimate a gesture by the sponsor/host of the tournament. The amount of which is more a reflection on the host than a reflection of market forces (or at least, not so straightforward market forces as you guys seem to be envisioning)

and then if the host wants to award the women less than the men, it makes sense to take that as a statement about the host and its view of the women's tournament/game vis-a-vis the men's.
>>
>>66356321
This is why Trump needs to be President
>>
>>66357968
Again, not worth making. And really, this time you can't even call it an argument.
>>
>>66357982
Is Trump going to force the the ITF majors to reassess their prize funds, you belwhiff?
>>
>>66357977
>host blah blah
all of it happened because women whined and cried stop getting told itt you think you're making good points but you're not
>>
>>66358040
He's BTFO your argument tbf.
>>
>>66358040
>you think you're making good points but you're not
I mean, you're welcome to try to address any of them, rather than saying someone "whined and cried" and asserting that I got "told"

Because those aren't really arguments
>>
File: 1457356238016.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1457356238016.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>it's a pol thread on /sp/ episode
>>
>>66358040
But he's right

It's a PRIZE. It's an objective reward for doing something, which is winning the tournament not getting the most viewers. The prize money is fixed based on how far you get through the tournament. You can't turn around afterwards and say "actually your matches didn't generate as much revenue as your opponent did, so we're gonna give him more money"

I fucking hate how Americanised sport is becoming
>muh ratings
>>
>>66357455

>he could have been a champion for men's rights

Yeah I'm sure he's just bummed out he lost the support of NEET 4chan neckbeards
>>
>>66358084
You're right, but what determines what is available for that prize? It's the income revenues from ticket sales, TV broadcast rights, endorsements and sponsors. Your sport will reward you accordingly. If you're being subsidised by some other sport for the sake of political correctness, then that is not actually equality only equality of outcome.
>>
>>66358152
>It's the income revenues from ticket sales, TV broadcast rights, endorsements and sponsors
but it's not though, is it? because if Serena went back to boycotting Indian Wells, and if black people responded by saying "well fuck this shit I'm not watching," the winner would still get the same as she would have had Serena not boycotted along whatever financial ramifications that would have
>>
>>66358186
>blacks
>watch tennis
espn app ticker doesn't count
>>
>>66358152
Yes, the prize money comes from all that, but realistically is the suits that do all the marketing, signing tv and advertising deals, etc not the players. The players' job is simply to play their best. That some players generate more ad revenue than others should not affect the distribution of prize money. I get that the WTA and ATP are different entities. but in the joint events the sponsors are the same, the venue is the same, the matches are broadcast with the same tv companies and its one host organising it. Pay the competitors the same
>>
>>66358186
>retarded
>>
>>66358248
Look, I understand that market forces dictate this to an extent, but it's an incredibly roundabout extent and it's not total. It certainly isn't to a degree that would preclude equal payment.

It serves much more directly as a statement about the host
>>
>>66358229
>but realistically is the suits that do all the marketing, signing tv and advertising deals, etc not the players
And how the fuck do you think they're able to sell their product?

A few years back Wimbledon had to reduce the ticket cost for the women's semis and finals because they failed to sell out (more than 4000 empty seat). Whereas Wimbledon has no issue selling out the men's finals and has been able to increase the ticket cost
>>
Tennis is probably the only female athletic competition where I can watch and actually enjoy on its athletic and entertainment merits. its a good game, not as fun or competitive as the men's side but still good.

Novak's main point, however, which is true, is that the Mens game brings in all the ad money, sells all the tickets, and gets all the ratings on tv (all is an obvious hyperbole but you get the point). If it weren't for the popularity of the men's game, or specifically if it weren't for the popularity of 5 or 6 specific male players in the last 15 years, they wouldn't even be able to offer current prizes to either sex.

Novak's mistake was stopping at the female game. He should say the plain truth that without him, Rafa, and Federer, tennis of either gender is NOTHING today. I mean I'd still watch it because i've been raised with it, but there'd be NO appeal to new fans or people who haven't actually grown up playing and thus no money
>>
>>66358281

>the largest form of sport revenue, coming from ads and ratings, is "roundabout"

Why do you even think you have a point to argue

you are just throwing sand everywhere and hoping people can't see
>>
>>66357291
Taking a break from shitposting on /heem/?
>>
>>66358360
I think you just didn't understand what I was saying. Obviously market forces affect prize money. But it's also not the case that if there were a sharp downturn in ratings ( due to a boycott or something) then the winner would get paid less. This is because it isn't just market forces, and the extent to which it is is somewhat roundabout. That is, market forces would generally informal standard, but really, what "market forces" are we talking about? I mean do you think that Indian Wells would be at a competitive disadvantage if they paid their winners a bit more? Probably not right? And partially becaus,e what could a "competitive disadvantage" really mean here? It certainly doesn't mean the same as when to widget makers are competing right? Surely you see the difference. And indeed, they might find themselves at a competitive disadvantage (an actual one) if they paid the women less. So for the host/you/Nole/whoever to just wipe your hands of it and declare "market forces!!" is disingenuous in the extreme. And made worse by the fact that your idea of what the "market" is is totally simplistic
>>
>>66356321
>Europeans are behind in equal rights
>(women's) tennis was better with Americans at the top
>(men's) tennis was worse with euros at the top

Nothing like a bit of casual racism :^)
>>
>>66357977
>Because again, we're talking about prize money, which is ultimate a gesture by the sponsor/host of the tournament. The amount of which is more a reflection on the host than a reflection of market forces (or at least, not so straightforward market forces as you guys seem to be envisioning)
Market forces (TV, admission, sponsorship revenues) drive player compensation in most professional sports. Why is it different for tennis? My suspicion is that due to it being primarily an individual sport, the players haven't organized to demand their share of the revenue. Novak's point is that equal compensation has achieved this for female players, albeit under the guise of equality, while men are underpaid compared to the revenue they bring in.

tl;dr everyone was underpaid, but women are now decently paid under the guise of equality, while Djokovic makes the point that men have catching up to do.
>>
what womens tennis needs is a proper rivalry like fed vs nadal vs djokovic. they tried marketing serena vs sharapova as their marquee mathcup but it was way too one sided for serena. her record against her was like 18-2 or something.
>>
>>66358940
Other sports players are hired/contracted to a team that pays a salary
In tennis its every man for himself
>>
>>66360074
remove Serena
done

Everyone else is choking consistently.
>>
Tennis is shit.
>>
>>66360138
Don't worry lad this controversy will blow over soon
Take your mind off things by pleasuring jelena
>>
>>66356665
Are SJWs seriously calling themselves socialists? Karl Marx is probably turning in his grave.
>>
>>66360149
I wonder how her pussy smells like
>>
>>66360191
Sweet potatoes
>>
>>66360074
Let Maria dope even harder.

>tfw she still gets BTFO.
>>
>>66360230
My dad yells at TV and calls him a 'siptar' when he is losing. Entire fucking country is obsessed with that bitchboi, fucking church even gave him a medal.
Such a stupid sport, you cant even get properly drunk while watching, and tickets are so espensive.
Also, i like sweet potatoes.
>>
>>66357137
>It's utterly disgusting the elite male tennis players that fall in the quarters or semis get paid less at Wimbledon than the eventual random victor from the womens. That's unfair.
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?
>>
>>66357398
Could a junior boys player beat a ranked adult female player you reckon?
>>
>>66356321

He's right though

Mayweather will draw more ppv buys and gets a shitload of money

Javier literallywho draws nothing so gets paid less

Basing the purse on viewership is right.
>>
>Djokobitch
>>
>>66360301
He deserves all that attention though. Serbia isn't big or wealthy enough to create these kind of freak athletes on a regular basis.

Hell not even the US managed to produce a no.1 contender since Roddick.
>>
>>66360301
rude
>>
>>66356321
>"The Europeans were behind the Americans when it came to accepting equality," Evert said.

>"I doubt you'd hear that as much from the American men players and I'm sort of applauding America for that."

What a dumb cunt. Yet she won't be picked on for such ignorant comments. But Novak taking such a rational stance regarding pay gets everyone's panties in a bunch. This world is full of idiots.
>>
>>66360369
And Germany is? Think of it in terms of former Yugoslavia bruder then check your list of freak athletes. You might be freakishly surprised there is nothing freakish about great athletes coming from the Balkans.
>>
>>66356321
Seems to me like there are issues in life which capitalism simply can't resolve. Fairness weighted on pay is not fairness at all due to the differences in reality of the physical world. From there it just becomes a political, gender issue and as necessary it is for these issues to be brought up by their experts, discussed and resolved for serious matters they should really know when they're overdoing it. This is such a case. Gender issue advocates need to leave the sports realm because they're just ruining sports for everyone. These advocates don't advocate on physical or real equality only some kind of messed up moral equality based on money.
>>
>>66356754
Also don't overlook the fact that NHL revenue is much, much higher than AHL.

I'm getting so fucking tired of this hugbox world. What's next? Players in the Djibouti Football League play 90 minutes of football, players in La Liga do too, should they be paid the same amount?
>>
>Americans were the biggest advocates for equal pay

I hate this country
>>
Fuck this socialist feminist sport. Never watching women's tennis again desu senpaitachi
>>
>>66357455
>men's rights
kek u little fanny
>>
honestly, the lot of you come across as a bunch of angry faggot virgins.

stop reading /pol/ and go outside and make some friends
>>
>>66356321
He's only sorry he said out loud what he was actually thinking.
>>
File: ['serbian cyborg cheer'].jpg (56 KB, 768x849) Image search: [Google]
['serbian cyborg cheer'].jpg
56 KB, 768x849
>>66356321
Serbians are not the type to backdown

I bet he was pressured into doing it because of his contractors and endorsements

poor guy

but you guys are some real cocksuckers you know that. you hate on him for his playstyle and his attitude, and now when he says something 'redpilled' you call him based and redpilled and what not

give me a fucking break
>>
how's it pathetic to want more money than women? he puts in 50 times more effort and his match time is probably triple than any woman, yet he gets paid the same because he has a penis?
Serena would not even be top 1000 in the world if she had to play against men
>>
>>66364917
I think he's being called pathetic for backtracking from his original statement, not that I think he has a lot of choice.
>>
>>66356367
Wrong. He could say what he wanted to say and still beat everyone. What's the worst that could happen? His sponsorship deals would get cut? He already has tens of millions of dollars from prizes alone.
>>
>>66360263
just give her what serena is taking
>>
when will people stop pretending they care about womens sports?
>>
>>66365081
>He could say what he wanted to say and still beat everyone.
Not if he's suspended.
>>
>>66365153
Suspended for...? The Outrage Culture might be out of hand but we aren't at a place where lobbying for a raise gets you suspended.
>>
>>66365175
For a hidden drug test? Who knows? I think the ATP could make his life miserable if he doesn't toe the line.
>>
>>66364894
He's a fanny, stop making excuses, you clogcunt.
>>
>>66364917
>Serena would not even be top 1000 in the world if she had to play against men
She probably would desu. I reckon top 250/300 would probably be achievable at her peak.
>>
>>66365298
be still gobshite and head back to the shed you welsh
>>
>>66365379
Clogcunt, you're weak and a faggot, I will crush you.
>>
>>66365431
fuck off you chinless wonder jump off a ledge
>>
>>66365648
I will bloody your anus, clogcunt
>>
>>66356321
lost the little respect I had for him
>>
>>66356321
Nobody likes Djokovic. This might be the last blow. He might be the champion but he's certainly no Federer. It must be frustrating for him not know ing why he's not loved as much as Federer.

Fuck even Nadal got a better reception last week. Djoko is just not authentic. A bit like Hillary Clinton. Something is wrong but i can't explain it.

Before this disaster, he was using his Wife to get attention by giving interviews with her off season(WHY?) and setting her up as a puppet CEO of some foundation. I mean c'mon. This is really sad for someone who is one of the greats.
>>
>>66367209
>It must be frustrating for him not know ing why he's not loved as much as Federer.
I'm sure when he goes home and fucks a literal 10/10 rather than some ugly hambeast, he'll not think that much about it.

>Djoko is just not authentic
He'd more authentic than Roger "guys, I'm really a nice guy" Federer
>>
>>66357982
>implying Trump wouldnt side with the women
>>
What if Nadal said the thing about women instead.

Thatd be pretty problematic
>>
>>66367209
Honestly, Nole was my dude until he said this shit. I'll give him a little leeway, because what he said wasn't quite as crude as is being made out. But he has certainly dropped in my estimation at least a little (for having said this; not for apologizing)
>>
>>66367209
he's a fucking serbian mongoloid, what else to expect? these are THE WORST kind of scummy pieces of shit you can fucking find on the earth. i should know, i have to share a country with a lot of them.
>>
>>66356367
>tells the truth anyway
>still makes his money

I don't know why you're so mad? From your point of view this should be a victory
>>
>>66368835
wew lad he would get shat on everywhere
>>
>>66370132
Shat on your chest
>>
>>66373867
gabby please keep your scat fantasies to yourself its ill eagle now
>>
>>66375348
I'm gonna bum you into oblivion, son.
>>
>>66356735
It's not about equal work it's about demand. Women's tennis doesn't bring in as much money as men's.
>>
fuck that i'd tell them to get rid of gender division and have 1 bracket

then see how they feel about equality
>>
he shouldn't apologise, he was right about everything

>men's have to win 3 setis in GS
>womens just 2
>men's tennis is 3x popular then womens
>both earn the same amount of money
>>
>>66380446
its more of a empty apology

ofcourse he doesn't genuinely apologize bratan, but his sponsors/endorsements are breathing down his neck
>>
dont men generally earn way more on the circuit than women anyway?

women should play 5 sets at the slams though, them playing 3 sets is ridiculous
>>
>>66369506
>serbs are fucking my mom, sister and my girlfriend

Poor Janez
>>
>>66381183
Gonna take your brown wings.
>>
>have to play 3 to 5 sets
>women who only play 2 to 3 somehow deserve as much money for literally less work
>>
>>66360301
They gave him a medal because he bought land around a Serbian monastery on Kosovo so the Albanians wouldn't go around and bully the monks. He made other donations to the church also. And your dad is a retard.
>>
>>66356321
I agree. Women should be paid as much as the men's players. Also, our soldiers should be paid as much as nfl players because they are the real heroes.
>>
>>66381241
They can't play 5 sets because they wouldn't make a profit. It's a simple concept of supply and demand and for some reason morons can't seem to get that.
>>
>>66382286
Don't forget the police and teachers, they should be the real millionaires
>>
>>66382302
They can't play 5 sets because of scheduling issues. It's that simple and has been confirmed by the WTA and ITF.

When you look at Wimbledon which has 13 play days and 15 events to cover, in an already crowded schedule, having the ladies play best of 5 is not going to happen.
>>
>>66382333
more like they can't handle it and it will lead to more injuries which hurts the pocketbook
>>
>>66382390
No, mate. It's scheduling. Women have played best of 5 in some events like the final at the WTA Tour Championships.
>>
>>66358307
>Novak's main point, however, which is true, is that the Mens game brings in all the ad money, sells all the tickets, and gets all the ratings on tv

yeah but you can't have that as a slight against the women's side of the sport because the women's side has never been on equal footing as the men's side

the fact is that the men have always received the primetime slots so of course men bring in more money and sell more tickets and get more ratings. it's just the system and how it has always been so you can't just say that women aren't popular when they haven't been given the same opportunity from the start

women's tennis is probably the most popular women's sport in the world and happily coexists with the men's game. it isn't that the men's game subsidises the women's, they are both necessary because they are both popular in their own right. yes the men's game is more popular and has more money but they play the same sport. they both have to cover the same costs with travelling and coaching and fitness staff. every event outside of 4, they play the same number of sets

the way tennis events are laid out right now is pretty good. you have alternating days of women's/men's matches and the women's finals come first and then it's the men's. it's a great way to do it because there's never really a lull when you are following an event. tournaments would lose a lot of money if they just chucked out women because they would have days with literally no matches being played. are men's matches more physical? yes. but that is besides the point because they both play tennis and they are both entertaining
>>
>>66360330

Except the purse is decided before the viewership is even known. They can estimate and expect, but if the viewership is suddenly 10* higher for johnny noname vs Abe shitfortits they aren't getting paid more/
>>
>>66356665
And whilst we're on the topic, equality for the U12s tennis tournament too
>>
>Wimbeldon Women's Final
>you're losing 1-0; 5-3
>get pregnant
>go on maternity leave
>come back in year and finish the match when your opponent has lost their stride
>turn it around and win 2-1
>get equal pay as men for doing it

Credit where it due, women are master rusers
>>
>>66385888
autism
>>
>>66382313
You left out the firepeople you son of a bitch!
>>
It must be hard for westerners to face the truth that the SERB is the BEST PLAYER EVER in tennis.

Classy butthurt.
>>
grand slams should be 3 sets until the quarter finals then 5 sets
>>
>>66387839
I accepted it late last year mate. You truly did create the GOAT
>>
>>66388081
It's akin to michael jordan eclipsing bird and magic, people just don't realise it yet
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.