[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Coefficient/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
So will next year be the year Serie A overtakes the BPL?

Serie A will probably have Juventus, Napoli and Roma/Inter.

BPL will probably have Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal and WestHam/City

Is Roma qualifying and choking in next year's CL group stage the BPL's only chance of survival?

It seems like every English team except a Pep-driven City is bound for failure and a group stage exit.
>>
>>66324706
>So will next year be the year Serie A overtakes the BPL?
No, this year was their chance and they fucked it up. They'd need a repeat of 14/15 to take it
>>
File: 1458229281936.jpg (81 KB, 1024x733) Image search: [Google]
1458229281936.jpg
81 KB, 1024x733
>attendance at monaco
>>
>>66324737
not true though, next year could be an even better chance
as long as both City and Liverpool drop out next round ofc, otherwise it will be complicated
>>
What's the point
Even if they gained the spot, inter/milan/fiore would probably do worse than Roma, and the spot would be lost again in one or two seasons
>>
>>66324706
>scandinavia

Why can't >we into football lads?
>>
>>66324706
>Serie A will probably have Juventus, Napoli and Roma/Inter.

One of these teams is not like the others.

I'll just spell it out: Juve is far better than the rest. Napoli would need an easy group to get out of the group stage, and Roma/Inter might not even get in the champions league since they'd have to go through a playoff, iirc.

>BPL will probably have Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal and WestHam/City
who's to say they won't do well? Aside from
>Arsenal

Also, we could very well get Manchester United if City's form stays shitty. Pellegrino has no real reason to give a shit anymore.
>>
>>66324787
more money flowing in directly from UEFA, more international visibility, so further money flowing in, more attrqactive to players
it could be the chain effect to bring our league back to life, as long as clubs stop being retarded with money and follow Juve example
>>
Honestly people would actually go to games in Italy if the pitch wasn't surrounded by running tracks.
>>
chelsea's CL win will be more than 5 years old at the end of next season
2017/18 will be the year we'll be clenching our butts unless an english team miraculously wins it again
>>
>>66324818
Literally every single stadium except juve and udinese ones should be demolished and rebuilt. The only chance of this happening is if they hosted a wc or euro in Italy
>>
>>66324829
yes like at giuseppe meazza, artemio or juventus stadium right?
>>
>>66324870
aren't they planning on a new milan (or was it inter) stadium?
>>
>average attendance the same as high school football games here
>yurop
>>
>>66324899
Milan was planning a new stadium, but it's been a while I've heard anything about it.
>>
>>66324915
It's because most of our stadiums are really old.
Many of them in England were built during the terracing days when you could squeeze loads of people in standing up.

Converting them to all-seater means less people can go. Tottenham are moving to a new 60,000 seater in two years, but consider this: a team like Tottenham - a good side playing in London - has a stadium which holds just 35,000.

There's also tiny clubs. Bournemouth were in the fourth division of English football only a few years ago, so they are now in the Premier League with a stadium that holds just 11,000. I remember Blackpool entered the top flight back in 2010 with just 9,000.
>>
>>66325261
>I remember Blackpool entered the top flight back in 2010 with just 9,000.
scratch that, no idea where it came from
>>
Honestly people would actually go to games in Portugal if the tickets weren't so expensive considering our purchasing power
>>
>Theres people in here right now who unironically think
>Spurs
>Arse
>Leicester
> West Meme United

>Are going to do better than Juve, Napoli and Inter/Roma

Wew
>>
>mfw Eredivisie

we were relevant once

stop moneyball

will this pain ever end?
>>
>what is television

what a fucking garbage thread
>>
>>66325718
Whoever finish third in Serie A will lose in the play off, like they have done in the past years.
>>
>>66325538
Not true. People simply ride the dick of the big three.
Braga, Guimaraes, Paços de Ferreira and Madeira teams are the exceptions.
All the other stadiums are always at 5%.
>>
>>66326632
My local club - playing on CNS - has €3 tickets for sócios and is always well composed. 1000 capacity. You can't blame the consumer on market stuff.

(Académica also has some following btw)
>>
>>66326931
The problem in Portugal is that teams like Academica have a stadium with capacity for 20/30k people when they only have 2k fans.
It is much better to be Paços de Ferreira with a small stadium that's usually at 50% than having a 20/30k stadium always at 5%.
>>
>>66325718
Juve will get to semis (depending on the draw of course) but other than that I don't see Napoli/Inter/Roma doing anything meaningful. One of them will get knocked out in the group stage while the other will get TSUUUUUUed by Real Madrid in the ro16.

And Italian teams don't have a history of doing well in the Europa League
>>
>>66327180
Blame the Euro
>>
>>66324706
EPL will have six teams next year:

Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal, and West Ham/Man Utd will finish top 4.

Liverpool will qualify by winning Europa League
Man City will qualify by winning CL
>>
>>66327219
>EPL will have six teams next year:
learn the rules
>>
>>66325261
>Bournemouth were in the fourth division of English football only a few years ago, so they are now in the Premier League

Woah, how did they manage that??
>>
>>66327324
Those are the rules these days my friends. The winners of EL and CL do not take spots away from the top 4 teams. They changed it a couple of years ago.
>>
>So will next year be the year Serie A overtakes the BPL?
'no'
>>
>>66325718
CHAT
>>
>>66327394
They are not allowed more than 5 teams

United is/was not in the CL either
>>
>>66327219
>>66327394
>you
The cap is 5 teams. If both CL and EL winners are from the same league with top 3 coefficient (i.e. 4 teams default) and they both finish outside of top 4, the 4th placed team in that league doesn't get in.
>>
>>66325204

>milan

Which one?
>>
>>66327212

As opposed to Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham all reaching the quarterfinals right?

Arsenal will barely exit the group stage and get JUST in the ro16 while the other three get eliminated in the group stage.

You know this to be true.
>>
But Wales has their own league, they have nothing to do with BPL apart from Swansea and the occasional Cardiff
>>
>>66332900
SHIT
>>
>>66333905
Milan is always AC ffs
>>
File: carlos.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>66334967
Who's DC Milan?
>>
>>66334998
It's Milan depois de Cristo (AC)

best regardz
>>
>nect season if Rangers and Hibs get promoted, Scotland will have the 6th or 7th highest average attendance in Europe

feels good.
>>
>>66324870

They should have built good ones for Italia 90.
>>
>>66324706
Why does it say 'England & Wales' and 'France & Monaco', but not 'Switzerland & Liechtenstein'? Have they forgotten about FC Vaduz?
>>
>>66334938
GET
>>
>>66324706
I cannot understand why this shite keeps getting banged out when the reason this has occurred is English teams doing shite in Europe.
The new influx can't do any worse, wouldn't hurt to give them a chance at it.
>>
>>66335033
hibs is a big if m8
>>
>>66324706
>brazil and argentina leagues not even listed
lmao really shit
>>
>>66335033
no, it wont
>>
File: 1423325740406.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1423325740406.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
Turkey and Poortugal give the impression of football obsessed coutries, why are they so close to Russia. Russians don't give a fuck about football unless the teams are well known or it's political.

Expensive tickets, small stadia?
>>
>>66346347
Well, Portugal has less than 1/10 of you population
>>
File: 1443433020166.jpg (30 KB, 272x248) Image search: [Google]
1443433020166.jpg
30 KB, 272x248
>>66324706
>those attendances

based AFL averages more of them all but Germany and England
>>
>>66346916
I'm surprised it isn't more than that considering the size of Russia's country.
>>
>Czech, Ukrainian, Polish and Russian football pull lower crowds than League 2.

I thought Slavs were mental about football?
>>
>>66335063
They did, that's what most teams are still using, but they are 26 years old now, and many of them have a track around the field because Olympics
>>
>>66347097
From what I understand, here in Britain we tend to get uniform support for teams and since they've been in existence for so long that it keeps down into the lower divisions, it's also very safe these days, even amongst the teams with the most violent support.

The countries you listed have leagues with issues with fan violence, some teams absolutely dominating whilst others barely exist and since they've not had extremely consistent existence of leagues that all collides to ruin attendances.
>>
>>66347153
Makes sense. It would be nice to see them improve their football infrastructure (stadiums, policing, youth, etc) and become more widely relevant in European football. Slavs have booze, banter and women, they should fit right in.
>>
File: population-density-map.jpg (289 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
population-density-map.jpg
289 KB, 800x600
>>66347086
Most of Russia is uninhabitable and its history is barely asian - the Pacific region is almost deserted (given most of it freezes), which limits them incredibly now that they don't have Ukraine, the Baltics, and etc.
>>
>>66337593
BANGED IN EUROPE
>>
>>66341236
read the top of the image again
>>
>>66327371

Death of English football
>>
>>66347290
Nah, they got bought really cheaply by a rich man who's pumped loads of money into the club.
>>
>>66335033
Celtic's average attendance of 45,000 is fucked because every other team has fuck all fans.

>we need rangers
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.