[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ken Burns Jackie Robinson documentary to air on PBS in April
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
"Without a doubt, the most important person in the history of baseball is Jackie Robinson."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/01/18/ken-burns-jackie-robinson-made-profound-difference/78972824/

how long are the SJWs gonna keep pushing this meme
>>
didn't ken burns already make like a 20 part miniseries on baseball
>>
Well he was constantly berated, attacked, harrased, insulted, threatend, etc

Just imagine if the Braves were in Atlanta then. He would have been lynched.
>>
>>66317794
>complaining about liberal shit on PBS

kek child please
>>
>>66317845
He almost was down in Florida on multiple occasions.
>>
>>66317794
He was a great baseball player and that MLB should have the best players no matter what a person's race is. I read a biography about him when I was little so I understand who Jackie Robinson is. If you want to complain about SJWs, go to /pol/.

Anything Ken Burns creates is a great documentary.
>>
when do you think we will see the first tranny in MLB
>>
Jackie Robinson is no better than Torii Hunter all things considered.

Homers say he should be in the Hall but he won't be.
To have his jersey retired league wide and call him baseball's most important player is retarded.
>>
>>66319021
>Jackie Robinson is no better than Torii Hunter all things considered

That's actually not true at all

How utterly absurd
>>
if he wasn't black literally nobody would remember or care about him
>>
>>66318929
hopefully soon
>>
>>66319145
If he wasn't black, he would have been allowed to play in the majors alot sooner.
>>
File: 1404866884716.jpg (85 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1404866884716.jpg
85 KB, 900x675
>>66319021

>Jackie Robinson is no better than Torii Hunter all things considered

Lmfao, do you actually believe this? "All things considered" give me a fucking break

>Robinson - Career 311/409/474, 135 wRC+, 57.2 WAR in just 10 seasons

>Hunter - Career 271/331/461, 110 wRC+, 41.2 WAR in 17 seasons
>>
>>66319188
maybe he should have been better and not have to rely on sjws to force the mlb to have him in the league
>>
>>66319256
What are you, 12?
>>
>>66319325
>I have no response so I'll just resort to name calling
gg no re
>>
>>66319361
No one gives a shit pussy, shut the fuck up

"durrrrrr hurrrr sjw"

Lol
>>
Is calling Jackie Robinson a meme a dank new meme
>>
>>66319256
there were plenty of black players better than him but robinson was the least nigger one of them all
>>
>>66319256
>mid 20th century civil rights activists were SJWs

jesus christ you're retarded

the guy was an elite player, the guy is a HOFer on the merit of his play. He wasn't as good as later black players like Hank Aaron or Willie Mays, but without Jackie Robinson being as good as he was they might have had a hard time breaking in as well.
>>
File: constarza.jpg (74 KB, 582x438) Image search: [Google]
constarza.jpg
74 KB, 582x438
>>66319241
>statfags
>>
>>66319256
I'm all for calling out SJW bullshit in the modern day but you do realize racism was very rampant in America in the mid-20th century? Was MLK just a SJW tumblerina too?

Jesus fucking christ you're retarded.
>>
Jackie was a legit HoF talent.

Is that all this fucking shithole is now? Boring fedora posters?

fuck off OP
>>
File: biden8.jpg (38 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
biden8.jpg
38 KB, 375x375
>>66319256
>sjws
>conservative millenials
>>
>>66317794
>>66319145
>>66319256

>All this bullshit
Am I being trolled, or were the SJWs right all along?
>>
Jackie was not the most important person in the history of baseball, and the worst part is, Burns knows this.

Ruth was more important
Landis was more important
Wright was more important.
Hanlon was more important
Rickey was more important
>>
>>66319856
>Rickey was more important
>>
>>66319856
>goldensombrero.pdf
>>
I know that /sp/ and 4chan like to do their whole "lol we are teenagers on an edgy website so lets all be conservative and hate anyone who isnt a white male it will be epic" but if you seriously think jackie robinson isnt either the most or a top 3 most important person in the history of baseball, and yes it is due to his race, then kill yourself
>>
>>66317839
>miniseries
>18 and a half hours long

anon pls
>>
>all the retarded niggers (redundant statement, I know) ITT getting baited
>>
>>66318929
definitely never, a ftm still couldn't athletically keep up, and a mtf would basically lose all their muscle mass with the hormones. unless bryce harper decides to throw on a dress and "identify" as female it ain't happening.
>>
>>66318929
Lincecum
>>
>>66319907
>Babe Ruth
>Abner Doubleday
>Barry Bonds
Boom. Jackie Robinson is a close fourth, though.
>>
How is this going to be different than those episodes of his Baseball documentary dedicated to Jackie and the negro leagues?
>>
The Joe Louis of baseball i suppose
>>
>>66319705
It's a troll m8, and a pretty shit one at that

>anyone who's taking the troll ITT seriously
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>66319873
>Ruth was more important
Ruth popularized the home run
>Landis was more important
Landis stamped out gambling in baseball. He also kept blacks out for years.
>Wright was more important.
Assembled the first professional baseball team.
>Hanlon was more important
Introduced manager strategy to baseball
>Rickey was more important
Started the modern farm system of baseball

Robinson established that blacks and whites could play together without destroying the game. "Most important" is a matter of opinion and mostly advertising hyperbole. Each choice is valid and doesn't diminish Robinson's effect on changing the sport.
>>
>>66320208
Abner Doubleday? You still buy that story?
>>
With all due respect... Ruth was still more important.
>>
Marion Motley did it a year earlier in Handegg.
>>
I am looking forward to this but a hefty amount of baseball was dedicated to Jackie Robinson so I wonder what will be new.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.