[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw they're going to save basketball yet again The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: gregg-popovich.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gregg-popovich.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
>mfw they're going to save basketball yet again

The Spurs are the heroes we need, /sp/.
>>
>>66289251
it's too late, Curry and Klay are ruining a generation
my cousin plays high school basketball, go to any level of basketball
it's a bunch of kids airballing those high fingerroll floaters
it's kids running to the 3 pt line and chucking
it's kids doing Steph's stupid meme handle moves

give it 5-6 years and the league will be full of them
shit, D'angelo Russell is one of his disiciples
>>
>>66289367
don't worry family

those are just kids

real coaches will coach that memeball out of any serious player who wants to go pro

you think guys like pop or carlisle actually respect memeball? my sides are in orbit
>>
>>66289413
you better hope for a miracle
Pop won't be around forever
>>
>>66289251
how can one man be so based?
>>
>>66289251

The balance will be restored
>>
postups iso for days

thank you based popovich
>>
>>66289493

Based Stevens will carry the torch for another 40 years so we're safe until then.
>>
Has any team ever destroyed memes the way the Spurs have under Pop? Every time they have faced a meme team, no matter what kind of meme it was, they've beaten them and ended the meme. The only meme team that ever got them was the Heatles in 2013, but then they came back in 2014 and got revenge.
>>
>>66289367
none of that shit works if you're a regular human. Curry can only chuck meme shots from 40 because hes been groomed from birth to shoot, hes almost superhuman. ultra meme shooting isn't going to effective since 99% of the kids growing up with Curry as their role model are already too late in their life to start practicing the meme shot

its not an exaggeration to say that Curry has probably taken more meme shots in his life than every other player in the NBA combined
>>
>>66289823
Yea because that 30pt blow out didn't happen. I don't see the Spurs taking a series against the Warriors
>>
>>66289929
>I don't see the Spurs taking a series against the Warriors
then you're a fucking idiot
>>
Do basketball coaches actually do anything or are they just glorified bench managers?
>>
>>66289929

Nobody cares about that faggot. You just got your ass kicked.
>>
>>66289823
>Clippers
literally call themselves "Lob City"
>Memphis
I understand why they lost, tbqh.
>Lakers
Shaquille O' Meme and Meme Bryant
Shaq memed the fuck out of any kind of defense, so Pop memed him back with hack a shaq
>>
>>66289823
how were the 2013 Heat a meme team? they didnt have any gimmicks, they were just a really complete team with no weaknesses. only meme team I can think of the Spurs stopping is the Steve Nash Suns. they were the original meme team, the Warriors before the Warriors
>>
>>66289251
The Warriors played like shit and still had a chance to win at the end.

Sorry to say, but we all know how the playoffs will go this year...
>>
>>66289978
the fuck is wrong with you? use some common sense. they draw up plays, they tell players when they're doing something incorrectly, etc
>>
>>66290079
They played like shit because the Spurs defense made them play like shit. Playing like shit is not a positive you take from a game
>>
>>66289978
Most of the time they don't do shit. They just hand the ball to the superstar and let them do everything. A few coaches who actually make a positive meaningful impact on a team:
>Popovich
>Budenholzer
>Kerr
>Stevens
>Thibodeau
>Carlisle
That's pretty much it. The rest don't do jack shit most of the time. Coaches like Randy Whittman and whoever the Thunder have right now are literally useless, I could do a better job than them.
>>
>>66290008

Heat going Bosh at the five was really the origins of the Warriors meme lineup.
>>
>>66290079

Yep... With all of you gay area faggots crying in your basement.

"B-b-but h-h-how did this happen? We're still the best ever, r-r-right???"
>>
>>66289823
Let's see

MOVING SCREENS BTFO
CONTESTED CHUCKING BTFO
LINEUP OF DEATH BTFO

Is Kerr calling up Mike D'Antoni right now for new plays?
>>
Spurs will be eliminated 2nd round against OKC b4 they even have the chance to see GS in the WCG
>>
>>66290184
thibs' agent pls go
>>
They are not winning 4 of 7 from Golden State

They will not win a game in Cali
>>
>>66293247
Spurs will choke and be out in the 1st/2nd round, wouldn't shock me if Houston/Portland/Mavs take them to 7 games, or OKC/Clips with Griffin eliminate them...

Spurs benifit arguably more than GS from the regular seaon, when teams and coaches get a chance to solely focus on the Spurs they aren't that hard to beat..
>>
>>66289823
and they barely lost in 2013 thanks to ray allen saving their ass
>>
>>66293510
Spurs have been known to care little to none about the regular season.
>>
>>66293510
>Spurs benefit arguably more than GS from regular season
>when teams/coaches get a chance to focus on the Spurs they aren't that hard to beat

>Lebron in Miami
>Spurs players have the lowest time on court the entire season barely passing 20 mins a game
>Spurs big 3 rest on multiple games
>Miami is supposedly the best team in the NBA due to Lebron
>Spurs literally make Miami a JV team

I swear GS is scared as fuck after this game that the arguments people are making now don't even make sense
>>
>>66289251
>I'm white and I need a white-acting team to white the Warriorse white off the map
>>
>>66295707
shut up nigger
>>
>>66295564
>>66295564
Pop was to blame for that. Bosh was able to get the rebound because Pop took Duncan out
>>
File: f1 edition bianchi.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
f1 edition bianchi.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>66293510
>spurs will choke
you're saying a team of veterans, from pop to bench, will choke?
webm related. it's you
>>
Warriors already saved it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.