[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a "league" where the same 2 or 3 teams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 14545669087155.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
14545669087155.png
129 KB, 300x300
>it's a "league" where the same 2 or 3 teams win every single fucking year
>>
>>66269524
You mean the NFL?
>>
>>66269565
Kek
>>
>>66269565
Burger BTFO.
>>
>>66269565
you're retarded
>>
If the NFL ever learns that the post season is retarded, you would see the same 2 teams win every season too
>>
>>66269565
> you mean the nfl
> you mean the league that has had 4 different teams win in the past 4 years
Good one...
>>
>>66269652
So the post season isn't retarded then.
>>
>>66269652
That wouldn't work because not everybody plays each other.
That's kinda the point of playoffs.
>>
>>66269565
#REKT
>>
>>66271059

>Call it a league
>It's actually a tournament

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>66271129

>the entire season is a tournament

Kill yourself
>>
>>66269565
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>66271129
> what
> is
> this
> flag
> doing?
>>
>>66269565
OP WILL NEVER RECOVER
>>
>>66271089
>the point of the league is not to crown the best team as champions but to have as many different winners as possible
kill yourself
>>
>>66269565
Rektosaurus Rekt
>>
>NFL
>literally same 3-4 teams

>NBA
>celtics and lakers have half the championships in history

>NHL
>same shit

>basebore
>sport

>MLELS
>not a childrens game
>>
>>66271199
> the champion isn't the best team

I mean I agree that one team goes into the playoffs the undisputed best team, but if they don't win it all, they don't win it all
>>
>>66269565
The NBA wouldve been a better pick
>>
>>66271225
>nfl
> same 3-4 teams
> only one team has more than one ring in the past 10 years (ny gnats)

You probably don't even like sports
>>
>>66271269
After playing a full league season you can be sure which team was the best one, a play off champion (especially in a single elimination tournament like the NFL) can win on a fluke play or a botched call by the refs without being the best team in the league.
>>
>>66271129
my god hes right
>>
>>66271338
A team that loses from I one play didn't always have the game in their pocket and wasn't 100% better from the start. You'd be calling them the best based on their players and not how they played that game.

As for the missed call, I agree with you. But can you honestly say there has never been a missed offsides or a player who got a red card for nothing that cost a better team their chance at #1? Shit like that happens in every sport
>>
>>66271338
except every team doesn't play each other the same amount of times
>>
>>66271338
It has to do with how American leagues were formed. In MLB, the World Series came from the winner of the American League playing the National League. In NFL, the Super Bowl came from the AFL-NFL Championship. The Stanley Cup was awarded to the winner of the two big hockey leagues before the NHL. Playoffs naturally expand after that.

And obviously nationwide round robin play is impossible in college sports, where basketball and American football began. But the tradition is for the regular season champion to be the champion in conferences where that's possible
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.